Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shai-Hulud posted:

There are some exceptions for hunting and cops and stuff like that of course. 

My eyes skipped right over that first "and' and I was very surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Len posted:

I always pictured him as Rockish. There's a few lines at the beginning about how he was big enough to trigger the "don't gently caress with this guy" response in prison and my mental image of that is just The Rock.

My favorite Anansi Boys story is that someone approached him about making it a movie except they had to be turned white and he just said no. Dudes got enough money that he doesn't have to sell out his work like that.

Weird. In my head I pictured him as Rock-esque too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

its like Homer Simpson and The Bus That Couldn’t Slow Down

“what could be the common factor between the Columbine shooters and the Orlando shooter, and the Las Vegas shooter, and the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Virginia tech shooter, and the Parkland shooter? I think it must be the mental health issues”

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nuclear War posted:

Norway has fairly strict laws too. Technically. But goddamn. When I left the service I tried out for the active reserves in the capital. Good extra money and I spent maybe 40-60 days a year doing stuff related to my college major.

They were very 'high speed low drag' or at least really wanted to be (this was around Utøya) so while there may have been rules and regs I think most of the 500 or so rapid response reservists had assault rifles fully activated in their homes. This was known and approved from high ups even if not technically allowed.
Hell I lived In a student village of a couple thousand people with only a flimsy door between all my gear including the rifle and anyone who walked by and still had to bring it home despite my protests. Like I was told that it was an acceptable risk. My last few years they started enforcing rules about keeping vital parts centrally -most of the time.

Edit: I didn't even have a car. I took the subway to the base!

Firing pin has to be locked up in a central armory now (and back in 2011 as well but who gave a poo poo back then), ofwhich there are like four in the entire country.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://twitter.com/NatsSquid/status/981848746022572032

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/i/moments/981798478694244352

This is some idiocy in real life documented on social media...but holy poo poo is this crazy. "Sorry ladies; I know you're trying to save our mayor's life, but the ring where nearly naked sweaty men hug each other is a "no girls allowed" clubhouse"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always imagined Shadow as a Chief Bromden-type massive Native American dude.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Biplane posted:

Firing pin has to be locked up in a central armory now (and back in 2011 as well but who gave a poo poo back then), ofwhich there are like four in the entire country.

Only 4 firing pins? Sounds more like Germany.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Double post from this dumbass forum.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

chitoryu12 posted:

Double post from this dumbass forum.

Forums don't doublepost; people doublepost :colbert:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

The last time we let Germans have guns 60 million people died.

haha yeah imagine if america was super militaristic and invaded some places how hosed up would that be hahaha

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I imagined Shadow as Ambiguously Brown, what with the recurring "are you X?" questions, but yeah, the Rock makes for a good mental casting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I haven't read the book, but Ricky Whittle is the best Shadow Moon ever and I'm fine with picturing him as the character.

Also they have Jesse Alexander from Hannibal as the new showrunner, which means it's probably going to get even weirder.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

jivjov posted:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/981798478694244352

This is some idiocy in real life documented on social media...but holy poo poo is this crazy. "Sorry ladies; I know you're trying to save our mayor's life, but the ring where nearly naked sweaty men hug each other is a "no girls allowed" clubhouse"

It is absolutely insane and people here are rightfully pissed off about it (lol not that anything will change because :cry: OUR GLORIOUS TRADITIONS :cry: :japan:)

I certainly won't be spending any money watching sumo any more! Get hosed, you worthless bigots!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Weatherman posted:

It is absolutely insane and people here are rightfully pissed off about it (lol not that anything will change because :cry: OUR GLORIOUS TRADITIONS :cry: :japan:)

I certainly won't be spending any money watching sumo any more! Get hosed, you worthless bigots!

Lol if it took you this long to figure out how backwards Japan is

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Only 4 firing pins? Sounds more like Germany.

:buddy:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

RoboRodent posted:

I imagined Shadow as Ambiguously Brown, what with the recurring "are you X?" questions, but yeah, the Rock makes for a good mental casting.

I believe Gaiman said those lines were to show Shadow is half white and how a lot of Americans are rude racists.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

chitoryu12 posted:

A ton of American gun laws have their roots in disarming the poor and minorities. Like the 1934 National Firearms Act that put a $200 tax stamp on stuff like machine guns, which put them out of the hands of most private citizens (in a time of civil wars and revolutions around the world) but kept it easy for private organizations like the Pinkertons or wealthy businessmen and politicians’ bodyguards to afford them.

There’s another thread I’m following where someone posted actual documents about court cases or arrests from the 19th century where they outright stated “Yeah, these were really just meant to disarm the negros so we let these good ol’ boys go”. I should try to find them again.

Same in Britain. Really, a lot of gun control is. First British gun laws were during the chartists, because they were worried about a radical revolution. After WW1 they went nuts with them, because of the Russian Revolution. Canada got real nervous after Oka, more recently.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Apr 5, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He who lives by the pube will perish of it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Same in Britain. Really, a lot of gun control is. First British gun laws were during the chartists, because they were worried about a radical revolution. After WW1 they went nuts with them, because of the Russian Revolution. Canada got real nervous after Oka, more recently.

The very first gun control laws were enacted when William of Orange was assassinated with a concealed wheellock pistol in 1584. The royals suddenly realized that now anybody had the power to kill them as long as they could get close, so Queen Elizabeth I banned possession of wheellock pistols near the palace. Henry VII followed up by banning the ownership of guns or crossbows without royal permission, and Henry VIII went even farther by banning possession by anyone who wasn't a wealthy landowner.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://imgur.com/hNlWXjs

Context: I have been really lucky about MLM on Facebook. I have a friend who shills for Younique, but since I'm a guy, she's never tried to sell to me. I also have a couple of Plexus friends who also have never tried to hook me in.

Until now. My birthday was a few days ago, and I got this message from a friend I had known when I was a kid. It's the first time in years that I've had to deal with MLM stuff. No wonder people are so wary about accepting friend requests on Facebook anymore.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

RoboRodent posted:

I read the book when it first came out, and I always imagined Vin Diesel as Shadow. The Rock had too much charm, and i assumed Shadow was mirthless.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Already asking for handouts:

https://twitter.com/Pevenly1/status/981904735706984448

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

COOL CORN posted:

Forums don't doublepost; people doublepost :colbert:

I once had a double post land 15 minutes after I made the original post because the thread refused to accept that it had received another page.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

These people never take personal responsibility. SMH.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

The very first gun control laws were enacted when William of Orange was assassinated with a concealed wheellock pistol in 1584. The royals suddenly realized that now anybody had the power to kill them as long as they could get close, so Queen Elizabeth I banned possession of wheellock pistols near the palace. Henry VII followed up by banning the ownership of guns or crossbows without royal permission, and Henry VIII went even farther by banning possession by anyone who wasn't a wealthy landowner.

Her dead grandfather and dead father followed her example?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How is that stupid man deriving his income from making tweets? How can losing your twitter deprive you of a living? i don't understand

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

I read the book when it first came out, and I always imagined Vin Diesel as Shadow. The Rock had too much charm, and i assumed Shadow was mirthless.
literally same, he seemed like the perfect fit

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Frog Act posted:

How is that stupid man deriving his income from making tweets? How can losing your twitter deprive you of a living? i don't understand

He's also not allowed to livestream on YouTube, which is where I imagine he made his money.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also when raging against a service for taking his accounts away, maybe writing ‘you will be next’ in light of recent events isn’t the smartest thing.

If only his wife had an ounce of sense but is probably stuck pregnant with this useless waste of space for the rest of time.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo: "My ability to make an income has been revoked" amazing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also when raging against a service for taking his accounts away, maybe writing ‘you will be next’ in light of recent events isn’t the smartest thing.

If only his wife had an ounce of sense but is probably stuck pregnant with this useless waste of space for the rest of time.

It's a weird choice of words, but I think he means "You [will be the] next [to lose their income source by saying the N word repeatedly after being told not to and also mocking a teenager's pubes]".

This guy apparently has had acting and writing roles before, and was a recurring character on a sitcom for a few years, and does standup. But somehow his YouTube livestreams are his only source of income for himself, his child, and his pregnant wife.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Perhaps it is your small mind that makes the racist jokes...what you humans call....offensive

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but bulldogs are from Earth

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Man, that feels awesome. I reported that shitstain. I didn't think it'd actually result in anything, but I guess enough people reported him.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh cool. The defend mass shootings thread is leaking again.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

hawowanlawow posted:

but bulldogs are from Earth

someone hasnt seen men in black

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

poly and open-minded posted:

someone hasnt seen men in black