Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, but I blame that on WWE. She never sounded this bad even in NXT. Either give her a manager or don't make her cut their garbage scripted promos. And she's still a better promo than people like Nia and Alexa
lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

An Apple A Gay posted:

Is taker gonna be on raw 2 nite

I already told y’all Taker isn’t showing up at Mania. This will probably turn into a match at Summerslam

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider has said he hasn't been spotted backstage, so if he shows up, it'll be a prerecorded promo or line most likely.

"john ceeenuuuuuuuuughhhh"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Next weeks Smackdown had updated advertising released last night. It is advertising Charlotte vs Carmella for the SD Womens Championship.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Her promos are kind of difficult to understand. Her accent is incredibly thick.

Blame the bookers, her English is fine when she's not playing up the accent.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I like when Charlotte ripped the mic out of Asuka’s hand and instead of doing nothing she was like “AAAAAAAA!” :3:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Next weeks Smackdown had updated advertising released last night. It is advertising Charlotte vs Carmella for the SD Womens Championship.

Wow, weird of Vince to spoil the result of one of his marquee matches to the biggest show of the year in the advertising for the TV afterwards.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm more convinced than ever that Darkstar is playing up a gimmick

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

is this the thread where I can legally laugh at the fact that jack fucing swagger is the final LU champ at the end of season 4

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

is this the thread where I can legally laugh at the fact that jack fucing swagger is the final LU champ at the end of season 4

Jack Strong.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Jack Strong.

I apologise.

Is he strong as advertised or is it ironic, like little john

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Wow, weird of Vince to spoil the result of one of his marquee matches to the biggest show of the year in the advertising for the TV afterwards.

It was updated just this morning with it so yeah. Last night it didnt list any matches at all. Its also now advertising Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles in a rematch for the WWE Championship.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 4, 2018

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

DarkstarIV posted:

It was updated just this morning with it so yeah. Last night it didnt list any matches at all. Its also now advertising Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles in a rematch for the WWE Championship.

Show your work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Liquid Communism posted:

Blame the bookers, her English is fine when she's not playing up the accent.

She spoke perfectly clearly on Smackdown. It seems fairly obvious that she's just over emphasizing the accent and yelling a lot for whatever reason. That in turn makes it seem like she's struggling to find the words and pronounce them. But she doesn't actually seem to have that problem, its just seeming that way because of the style of her promos.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Evil Badman posted:

Show your work.

Okay.

April 1st: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Current.

Note the lack of CARD/TALENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE on this page as well. WWE generally has that put on every page if the card isn't finalized.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 4, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STAC Goat posted:

She spoke perfectly clearly on Smackdown. It seems fairly obvious that she's just over emphasizing the accent and yelling a lot for whatever reason. That in turn makes it seem like she's struggling to find the words and pronounce them. But she doesn't actually seem to have that problem, its just seeming that way because of the style of her promos.
To be fair, going from normal and professional to yelling with an exaggerated yakzuza-like accent when she gets frustrated is something she's done most of her career so it's not like she's doing anything out of character.

DarkstarIV posted:

Okay.

April 1st: [url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ny7lCOJRQdkJ:https://www.smoothiekingcenter.com/events/detail/wwe-smackdown-live-1+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

Current.

Note the lack of CARD/TALENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE on this page as well. WWE generally has that put on every page if the card isn't finalized.
I'm looking forward to Vince deciding that Carmella will pull a Rollins and expecting people to just get over Asuka immediately just like they did when Daniel Bryan lost to Sheamus in 8 seconds at Wrestlemania

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So apparently PWInsider is saying it's very possible that Cena/Taker is just a non-official "showdown" and not an actual match

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/...rett-stone-cold

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
*in extremely rovert voice* I scooped this weeks ago, but they’re right

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

*in extremely rovert voice* I scooped this weeks ago, but they’re right

that's so...dumb

or maybe it's not, because i don't actually want to see an undertaker match in tyool 2018

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Given that Taker is a geriatric and Cena is barely around, I'm guessing its a part of a long build to next year or something, or just a fun thing for the fans

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Professor Funk posted:

that's so...dumb

or maybe it's not, because i don't actually want to see an undertaker match in tyool 2018

Hope you want to see it in TYOL 2019 then

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Oh god they're going to have Taker win the title next year

Cena is going to retire Taker and break Flair's record

I can see it now

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Big Dog will pass the torch to the up and coming youngster, John Cena, at next year's Wrestlemania brother!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Was the undertaker extremely bad with his money, I can’t see any other reason he’d want to literally limp into a ring and embarrass himself, again

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Do it ironically posted:

Was the undertaker extremely bad with his money, I can’t see any other reason he’d want to literally limp into a ring and embarrass himself, again

Evidently the hip surgery he had was a huge success and he feels 15 years younger. Supposedly he has been telling everyone he regrets not getting it done many years ago. Take that as you will.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Djarum posted:

Evidently the hip surgery he had was a huge success and he feels 15 years younger. Supposedly he has been telling everyone he regrets not getting it done many years ago. Take that as you will.

My dad had his hip replaced 2 years ago and he said the same thing. Was mad at himself for not doing it years ago and he’s been walking around like a new person ever since.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

sportsgenius86 posted:

My dad had his hip replaced 2 years ago and he said the same thing. Was mad at himself for not doing it years ago and he’s been walking around like a new person ever since.

That's true, but I wonder if there's a difference between quality of life improvements, and being able to actually wrestle on it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taker had also wanted his retirement match to be against Cena.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

He's a mark. Literally.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Braun's Partner is Batista. Source is legit as hell, and hell is from The bible.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

Braun's Partner is Batista. Source is legit as hell, and hell is from The bible.

No spoiler tags in the spoilers thread.

J Ru toxx this motherfucker!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well poo poo Toxx me all the way baby

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I've cooled off on posting betting line stuff in here, but there were a few interesting things on some websites. Carmella has overtaken Sasha, Bayley, and Becky as the favorite to win the Women's Battle Royale and is now sitting at -210. Her cashing in MITB in the same night for the SD Women's Championship or RAW Women's Championship is at -125. But her odds of actually succeeding is +137.50 for both sides.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not a revelation or anything but expect AOP, Sanity and Iconic Duo to be called up this week. There are others too but I don't know currently.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cavauro posted:

Actually the Pope has confirmed hell isn't a thing, which is cool.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Cavauro posted:

Can't wait to see The Leviathan again!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Actually the Pope has confirmed hell isn't a thing, which is cool.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I apologise.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

Not a revelation or anything but expect AOP, Sanity and Iconic Duo to be called up this week. There are others too but I don't know currently.

About time for Sanity and the Iconic Duo. Nikki Cross and Killian Dain are too good to not make more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

rovert posted:

Any word on No Way Jose?