Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

Not a revelation or anything but expect AOP, Sanity and Iconic Duo to be called up this week. There are others too but I don't know currently.

Probably not known, but I wonder if this means 4 members of Sanity or just 2, 3 or what.

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Surely Eric Young has to be in a now or never situation by this point. Killian Dane and Nikki Cross are going to be stars, and there's the other dude I guess.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Fulton Wolfe isn't bad either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Any word on No Way Jose?

Was told like six months ago that was the plan. Will re-ask.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Dream Match:

Daniel Bryan vs. TNA's Daniel Bryan, Eric Young.

Book it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

Probably not known, but I wonder if this means 4 members of Sanity of just 2, 3 or what.

The entire unit

flashy_mcflash posted:

Surely Eric Young has to be in a now or never situation by this point. Killian Dane and Nikki Cross are going to be stars, and there's the other dude I guess.

I rambled on Twitter about Eric the other day:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/980934641040478208
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/980934842320936961

Without Sanity, Eric would probably just be a guy and would maybe join Tye Dillinger and Mike Kanellis working pre-Smackdown dark match openers. With Sanity he "backdoored" into a potential hot act main roster act.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nikki is pretty special IMO. Has that Becky Lynch type irrepressible connection with fans as well as this Mankind type cult favourite quality.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

rovert posted:

The entire unit

I rambled on Twitter about Eric the other day:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/980934641040478208
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/980934842320936961

Without Sanity, Eric would probably just be a guy and would maybe join Tye Dillinger and Mike Kanellis working pre-Smackdown dark match openers. With Sanity he "backdoored" into a potential hot act main roster act.

I just called him TNA's Eric Young so point dismissed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

I just called him TNA's Eric Young so point dismissed.

Glorious

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wonder how it would be if it was Sami Callihan instead, he claims Sanity was his idea; I know lots here think Sami is doo-doo but he's certainly a guy who grabs your attention.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

I'm not sure about this, he's better in most ways than Roode outside of an intangible (and overhyped) 'main event star quality' that hasn't materialized for Bobby on the main roster at all. Given equal amounts of promo time as Roode gets I think EY would have a shot at being at a Rusev level.

As with all things it depends on how he'd be used, but he usually seemed to bring out the best of the mostly dumb stuff he was given in TNA, and that's about the most important main roster skill you can have.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Sanity are going to be Reborn Bray's underlings aren't they

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

Might be Woken Matt and Reborn Bray's opponents, too

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

CubsWoo posted:

you beat me to it, AoP is probably gonna be good on main roster but fuckin lol at sanity not getting completely mishandled

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
heres how you dont ruin sanity:

1) keep their theme
2) let alexander wolfe get busted open sickly like he did @ wargames and let him try to finish the match goddamn what a goddamn badass moment for real dont get cut like that again but wow was real cool when he came back for a spot

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of things have been reported to this effect a long time ago but Bobby Lashley has signed with WWE.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Tomahawk posted:

you beat me to it, AoP is probably gonna be good on main roster but fuckin lol at sanity not getting completely mishandled

Is ellering going to go on the road full time

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

rovert posted:

A lot of things have been reported to this effect a long time ago but Bobby Lashley has signed with WWE.

Braun's tag partner? I'd rather it be Joe but Lashley and Braun would be a fun team.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

rovert posted:

Using him as Budget Lesnar didn’t work in 2006 but I’m sure he can fill that void in 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Braun's tag partner? I'd rather it be Joe but Lashley and Braun would be a fun team.

No idea about that or Bobby's use beyond what Meltzer said about working with Reigns and stuff.

Braun on a WWE Now on Youtube reacted/twitched when Big Show was mentioned by Cath Kelly.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If there is any justice in the world, WWE's love of breaking up teams will let Peyton jettison the dead weight within a month.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rovert posted:

Team Tiny Face

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If Braun’s partner isn’t Sid I’m turning the drat show off!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is Lashley still fighting in Bellator?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If there is any justice in the world, WWE's love of breaking up teams will let Peyton jettison the dead weight within a month.

It's one case where I'd be okay with it. I think Peyton looks very good in the ring but I just don't see anything in the other one.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

fart blood posted:

It's one case where I'd be okay with it. I think Peyton looks very good in the ring but I just don't see anything in the other one.

She has a name you know

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was pretty lukewarm on Eric Young until that match against AoP, then he did his stupid loving plan to put himself in the match instead of Dain and it made no sense because Dain was supposed to be Sanity's secret weapon and then it loving worked and I've been a huge Sanity mark ever since.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

She has a name you know

billy kidman

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Braun's Partner is Batista. Source is legit as hell, and hell is from The bible.

This is stupid enough that I could see Vince and Co. trying to work that poo poo out. But I'm still holding out hope for cloning technology and a real Brains Strowman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They filmed an NXT TV episode before Takeover tonight. Nothing important, post Takeover episodes are usually tons of video packages and backstage stuff the crowd doesn’t see.

But War Machine makes their debut, under the new name War Raiders.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

They filmed an NXT TV episode before Takeover tonight. Nothing important, post Takeover episodes are usually tons of video packages and backstage stuff the crowd doesn’t see.

But War Machine makes their debut, under the new name War Raiders.

That name is sorta underwhelming but understandable since they probably wanna retain the trademark (assuming they have it). It's certainly no worse than the days of FCW naming conventions.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That name is sorta underwhelming but understandable since they probably wanna retain the trademark (assuming they have it). It's certainly no worse than the days of FCW naming conventions.

Also, going to WWE is more likely to put them on Marvel's radar, and I'd bet WWE wouldn't want to deal with that again (For a while in the 80's WWF paid licensing fees to Marvel for "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Excelsior!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Also, going to WWE is more likely to put them on Marvel's radar, and I'd bet WWE wouldn't want to deal with that again (For a while in the 80's WWF paid licensing fees to Marvel for "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan)

They might be more worried about Gene Simmons suing them, he's pretty litigious and very savvy about protecting his IP. But I hear you.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Re: Eric Young, the thing that has made him so great in NXT and the reason he neither shines enough to draw attention to his flaws or fades in the background is that he is the stable's leader, but only ever wrestles the tag matches. He is able to fall back on the things that have always made him truly great, his character works and ability to project an aura and personality, while the guy who most deserves it (Dane) gets slow burn singles push, and the truly special talent (Nikki) gets a rocket strapped to them, and yet he still gets to hold gold in the tag division. Sanity has been booked virtually perfectly as a stable, in a way no other stable I can remember in recent history was booked, except maybe the original Shield.

Everyone in Sanity is special, everyone has their weaknesses hidden and their strengths emphasized, and because of how they've divided up the card and divisions among them everyone gets to look special and unique and powerful, yet the unit doesn't get left behind even when the members get unique variant entrances. Nobody is a minion, except maybe Wolfe and even he gets his fair share of spotlight and isn't just there to eat pins. Nobody is in the group exclusively to make the "real star," look better. Everybody gets over. And honestly, I don't know if anyone other than Young would have worked in that role, because his skillset was a perfect fit, so I wouldn't say he 'backdoored' into it either.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So lets take a look at betting lines a few hours before the show begins. I'll warn people in advance that they are an absolute clusterfuck this year, which leads me to believe WWE could be loving with the lines intentionally in order to throw doubt into a few matches. :tinfoil:

All odds are taken from 5dimes unless otherwise specified.

Sasha Banks is the favorite to win the Women's Battle Royal at +170.
Matt Hardy is the favorite to win the Andre Battle Royal at -210 (however, the favorite in previous years has gone on to lose)

Cedric Alexander is the favorite to win the Cruiserweight Championship at -460.

Roman Reigns is the favorite to win the Universal Championship at -400. This is an interesting one because he has fallen from -1500 to -400 in the past few days.

Shinsuke Nakamura is the favorite to win the WWE title at -620.

Finn Balor is the favorite to win the IC title at -155. Rollins is second, and Miz is third.

Randy Orton and Rusev are at EVS (+100) to retain/win the US title.

Nia Jax is the favorite to win the RAW Women's Championship at -300. That being said, I'm keeping a very close eye on this market as Alexa has been closing the gap. She's at +100 on a few markets.

Asuka is the favorite to win the SD Women's Championship at -825. However, her odds are dropping in other markets, although even then she's still the favorite, averaging anywhere from -550 to -700 on average. Charlotte's odds are improving in some, where she is sitting at +325 to +400 (+475 for 5dimes). This is easily the most volatile market on the board right now.

Odds have not been posted for Braun/TBD vs The Bar, nor do I expect them to.

Bludgeon Brothers are the favorites to win the SD Tag Titles, sitting at +100. Usos are second, New Day is third.

Angle and Rousey are at -825 to win against Triple H and Stephanie.

Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon are RAZOR THIN favorites right now against Sami/Kevin. Sitting at -125. For reference, Sami and Kevin are at -115.

There are your betting odds for this time. I have no clue if smart money has come in yet, or if it even will.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Is the lack of a no finish or unexpected finish betting line a house edge? With last year's tag team match, the unannounced Hardys won. Was that even an option?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Is the lack of a no finish or unexpected finish betting line a house edge? With last year's tag team match, the unannounced Hardys won. Was that even an option?

It was a prop bet last year. And this year's prop bets are all over the place, way too many to list. Including some stupid ones. Like WILL DONALD TRUMP APPEAR AT WRESTLEMANIA (which is at +1000 for those curious! :v:). And non finishes render the match bets null and void, if I recall.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

DarkstarIV posted:

So lets take a look at betting lines a few hours before the show begins. I'll warn people in advance that they are an absolute clusterfuck this year, which leads me to believe WWE could be loving with the lines intentionally in order to throw doubt into a few matches. :tinfoil:

All odds are taken from 5dimes unless otherwise specified.

Sasha Banks is the favorite to win the Women's Battle Royal at +170.
Matt Hardy is the favorite to win the Andre Battle Royal at -210 (however, the favorite in previous years has gone on to lose)

Cedric Alexander is the favorite to win the Cruiserweight Championship at -460.

Roman Reigns is the favorite to win the Universal Championship at -400. This is an interesting one because he has fallen from -1500 to -400 in the past few days.

Shinsuke Nakamura is the favorite to win the WWE title at -620.

Finn Balor is the favorite to win the IC title at -155. Rollins is second, and Miz is third.

Randy Orton and Rusev are at EVS (+100) to retain/win the US title.

Nia Jax is the favorite to win the RAW Women's Championship at -300. That being said, I'm keeping a very close eye on this market as Alexa has been closing the gap. She's at +100 on a few markets.

Asuka is the favorite to win the SD Women's Championship at -825. However, her odds are dropping in other markets, although even then she's still the favorite, averaging anywhere from -550 to -700 on average. Charlotte's odds are improving in some, where she is sitting at +325 to +400 (+475 for 5dimes). This is easily the most volatile market on the board right now.

Odds have not been posted for Braun/TBD vs The Bar, nor do I expect them to.

Bludgeon Brothers are the favorites to win the SD Tag Titles, sitting at +100. Usos are second, New Day is third.

Angle and Rousey are at -825 to win against Triple H and Stephanie.

Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon are RAZOR THIN favorites right now against Sami/Kevin. Sitting at -125. For reference, Sami and Kevin are at -115.

There are your betting odds for this time. I have no clue if smart money has come in yet, or if it even will.

Bet on wrestling.