Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Terminators' problem isn't that they aren't tough enough, it's that they aren't good enough at shooting or close combat. They're more generalists, just with heavier armor. And generalists are already low value in the game before you start paying for a more expensive version of them

I've tried giving Deathwing an honest attempt since I love the models so much. The list eventually changed to a Deathwing/Ravenwing mix, then to a full on combined Dark Angels, and recently it's just Ravenwing/Greenwing. The more I played them the more I realized that with modifiers being a thing, there is almost no situation where that 2+ is significantly more survivable than regular power armor. I only bust out Deathwing currently for purely fluffy beerhammer style games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PierreTheMime posted:

When resolving attacks against a model in this armor, reduce the armor penetration value by 2, to a minimum of 0. Additionally, reduce the damage characteristic by 1, to a minimum of 1.

On the topic of AP, it's ironic that Terminators got their 5++ because they were getting wiped by lascannons and plasma guns with fixed AP2, and now in 8th that save is irrelevant against those weapons. Funny how these things develop.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I think a lot to help them would just be:

All failed wounds deal 1 damage, regardless of the damage of the weapon.

Can move and fire heavy weapons with no penalty.

On the topic of pipe dreams for terminators. I'd love for loyalist terminators to be able to swap their power fist for a power sword/axe.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
While we're on dream-fixes that will likely never happen I saw someone suggest making Tac squads useful again by giving them Fury of the Legion.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Floppychop posted:

I think a lot to help them would just be:

All failed wounds deal 1 damage, regardless of the damage of the weapon.

Can move and fire heavy weapons with no penalty.

On the topic of pipe dreams for terminators. I'd love for loyalist terminators to be able to swap their power fist for a power sword/axe.

Don't see any of this happening because they aren't primaris so they're going to get mothballed eventually. Long term that is.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

DancingShade posted:

Don't see any of this happening because they aren't primaris so they're going to get mothballed eventually. Long term that is.
I support squatting the squat marines. :v:

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Der Waffle Mous posted:

While we're on dream-fixes that will likely never happen I saw someone suggest making Tac squads useful again by giving them Fury of the Legion.

Would this even help? Sure, you roll twice the dice now but you can't roll them next turn, and tactical squads in 40k basically never want to assault.

I think we probably just all need to get used to the fact that

DancingShade posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They should just squat space marines in general. :colbert:

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
10th edition rolls around, there are no space marines, only Adeptus Primaris. Size creep has pushed them up to 40mm bases.

GW takes out the old space marine molds, dust them off, and announces the release of new squats, with a full and complete range of models.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just let Termies reroll armor saves of 1 (not invuln).

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
bring back these

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Just let Termies reroll armor saves of 1 (not invuln).

Making them tougher won't make them any more useful. Their problem is that they're pretty impotent for how much they cost.

Maybe give them a special rule that gives them -1 to weapon AP during the shooting phase and no penalty for moving and shooting heavy weapons. Possible make it so they ignore the -1 to hit for their close combat weapons as well.
I'd sure think about taking them at that point. Basically focus on the high-tech nature of the armor. Maybe it's a bit much but it's not like Marines in general are particularly strong at the moment.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Corrode posted:

On the topic of AP, it's ironic that Terminators got their 5++ because they were getting wiped by lascannons and plasma guns with fixed AP2, and now in 8th that save is irrelevant against those weapons. Funny how these things develop.

Yeah, this is the basic issue. IMO Termies should just have 1+ saves (worded however if you don't like the idea of putting 1+ there), they should reduce damage taken by 1 down to 1, they should lose the invulnerable save and they should get slightly boosted ranged capabilities.

This keeps them about as weak to lascannons and bolter fire but it makes them tougher to kill with plasma and autocannons, and it gives them a zone of influence that keeps the enemy caring about them.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Tyberos + assault terminators using the blood ravens chapter tactic has been working pretty decently for me, lightning claws do work with the +1 str and +1 to wound.

The biggest issue is having to carry around the drat Facebook post and faqs that says you can take a chapter tactic but not the equipment or stratagems.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Giving Terminators damage reduction would definitely set them apart. You could even make things really interesting and say they reduce all damage to 1.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Saturnine Mk. 2?

Not that I think they look bad (gravis and inceptors own) but I do think it's a little funny that the first action after making Proportional Marines was to give them a bunch of elite variations with enormous X (hands, chest, feet, etc.). I could totally see a Primaris Saturnine whos gimmick is having shoulders so large and wide they act as cover for other models.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Giving Terminators damage reduction would definitely set them apart. You could even make things really interesting and say they reduce all damage to 1.

All damage reduced by 1.

All.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Tartaros terminators at least get rid of the speed issue by being faster.

They’re also super rad to look at.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Fashionable Jorts posted:

All damage reduced by 1.

All.

That doesn't really do anything except against D2.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That doesn't really do anything except against D2.

The deliberate omission of "(to a minimum of 1)" suggests otherwise.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Cross Post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

Those who follow me on Twitter might remember this picture:

Where some spikes from my Primaris Captain's Iron Halo broke off at Adepticon.
Good news, though! I fixed him:

Here are some promised pictures of my recently finished Repulsor, too:

And I finished my Power Fist Primaris Captain the other day! Lookie here:

I think the power fist guy might be my favorite Primaris model yet.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Terminators should hit on 2s, and effectively be immune to small arms fire. Hell, give them a strong FNP roll against D1 weapons, and a normal FNP v D2 and up.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

The Sex Cannon posted:

Cross Post!

I look forward to murdering/ being murdered by them on Saturday.

Seriously, jazzed to play against those pretties.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I want that Raven Guard skin recipe The Sex Cannon.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Strobe posted:

The deliberate omission of "(to a minimum of 1)" suggests otherwise.

Correct.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Need to get a forgeworld custodian dread with plasma ejectors specifically so it can wipe whole squads of terminators in one go.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I'm in London for business this week and it turns out the team I'm working with is full of 'hams. It's been a blast, we've been goobing about our plastic spacemen all week and we're going to try to play necromunda at lunch today. Next time I'm out here we're going to plan a trip to Warhammer World.

This hobby can be pretty awesome.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

UK goons - I'm TOing a tournament in August, held at mine and Serotonin's local. 5 games at 2k, 3 unique detachments (Dark Eldar ruling pending), should be a good time. If you're interested in attending the rulespack is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLFU7YHKocQqUpVOXwaBxK-G2naZWcB1/view

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

I'm in London for business this week and it turns out the team I'm working with is full of 'hams. It's been a blast, we've been goobing about our plastic spacemen all week and we're going to try to play necromunda at lunch today. Next time I'm out here we're going to plan a trip to Warhammer World.

This hobby can be pretty awesome.

There are some great clubs in London if you find yourself here again. The London Wargaming Guild meets on Mondays and is really central and there’s a major club (that I’ve never been to) out East called HATE (they are a Wargaming club and not a far right group, honest - it stands for Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts... I think I’d change the name if I was given the opportunity :blush:)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corrode posted:

UK goons - I'm TOing a tournament in August, held at mine and Serotonin's local. 5 games at 2k, 3 unique detachments (Dark Eldar ruling pending), should be a good time. If you're interested in attending the rulespack is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XLFU7YHKocQqUpVOXwaBxK-G2naZWcB1/view

Where are you based? Midlands I think? I have a pal who’s around there who would probably be up for it.

Edit: oh, Bristol. Lol

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ineptmule posted:

There are some great clubs in London if you find yourself here again. The London Wargaming Guild meets on Mondays and is really central and there’s a major club (that I’ve never been to) out East called HATE (they are a Wargaming club and not a far right group, honest - it stands for Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts... I think I’d change the name if I was given the opportunity :blush:)

I know a bunch of the HATE guys from back in 5th ed, half the club is basically crusty punk dudes with awesome armies. They're usually pretty fun although at Starsmash one year they ended up falling out with everyone because one dude was drunk and yelling at the top of his voice the entire Saturday, to the point that if you were near him it was hard to even talk to the guy you were playing against. The problem was solved on the Sunday because he'd lost his voice :v:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Corrode posted:

Sadly I’m on holiday. Gutted

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Corrode posted:

I know a bunch of the HATE guys from back in 5th ed, half the club is basically crusty punk dudes with awesome armies. They're usually pretty fun although at Starsmash one year they ended up falling out with everyone because one dude was drunk and yelling at the top of his voice the entire Saturday, to the point that if you were near him it was hard to even talk to the guy you were playing against. The problem was solved on the Sunday because he'd lost his voice :v:

It's the weekend before a convention I'm exhibiting at but I'm sorely tempted. Will have to see how my schedule lines up!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

The Sex Cannon posted:

Cross Post!

Dude these turned out great. Great work!

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

ineptmule posted:

Know of any SW London ways?
I'm going to check out the First founding tonight in Chessington as that's near where I work.

In related London chat, is Salute worth having a look at?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Flavivirus posted:

It's the weekend before a convention I'm exhibiting at but I'm sorely tempted. Will have to see how my schedule lines up!

Cool, would be good to see you there :)

Serotonin posted:

Sadly I’m on holiday. Gutted

Rubbish. At least you're at the next Tides.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

The Sex Cannon posted:

new iron halo

I think your replacement Iron Halo almost matches your Raven Guard better. 10/10 You should keep breakin' your poo poo.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Rules for the Termite are up. Chaos version too.

They are a 106 point T8 W10 transport for 12 non-Primaris marines that causes a mortal wound to units within 12" when it deep strikes.

In true Forgeworld fashion however they forgot to add a rule that lets you disembark so you have to sit tight in your can for a turn before you can get out. I guess at least you can move them? Maybe try to get within range of the 8" melta pistol it comes with?

E: I just realised being a pistol you can either shoot the melta cutter or the storm bolters but never both

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 6, 2018

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

I wondered if that was the event you’d been talking about when I saw it come up on FB. I’ll definitely make it unless there’s a clash.

Also, I am making Tides of War in the end, and oh dear it’s in 2 weeks so I ought to stop putting off re-painting my last two guardians.

Motivating myself to paint stuff for tourney armies has been hard with the pending FAQ still hovering, because a whole lot could change about what’s viable depending on what catches the nerf bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zasze posted:

Tyberos + assault terminators using the blood ravens chapter tactic

what the gently caress