Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Yukari posted:

How would you pronounce Sharknado?

"shark nay dough"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

BrianBoitano posted:

lol yeah lorenado was an April Fool's thing in 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuD5pgmtVs4

I was planning to become an archivist when this came out :v:. I can't wait to play as a fellow Information Professional in the Nexus.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ciao mes amicos! Io mapple Guiseppe Lorenado.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

beejay posted:

Chill guys, so a character wins 2/3 of their games, can easily dominate hero damage and siege damage with great waveclear and has an escape and regenerating shields... big deal. It will get fixed sometime. I beat Battletoads on the NES without any so called "balance patches" and we didn't even have the internet. It's called :gitgud:

You know there are other video games out there you can play if you don't like this one, right?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

NameHurtBrain posted:

I honestly think a good design place for Raynor if they want to keep him super newb-friendly is embrace that he's a slow guy in power armor. Make him a hell of a lot more tanky than he is - Higher base HP, maybe some armor talents, things that make Inspire give some defense. Make the heal activate-able by default(but it still goes off automatically if not used). Maybe make Seasoned Marksman base line - if he's how you teach new players, give them incentive to do more than just go into a clusterfuck in mid. Give him bonus damage to minions via talent to make him really, really good at building up stacks. Turn him by default into a slow and steady character who gradually becomes a monster if left unchecked. He essentially becomes a sort of lumbering blunt object compared to the precision strikes of Tracer and other speedy ranged assassins. Fits the character - nothing fancy, but gets the job done.

gently caress keeping Raynor newb friendly. Make him interesting and shove Soldier 76 into the "newb friendly" role.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Raynor’s trait should empower the minions around him and he can activate it to cause nearby friendly minions to follow Raynor. He can be a commander character without increasing the number of health bars in the game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

^^^ that would be siiiiick. Raynor + infest Zagara :v:

On another note, Blizz confirms balance patch every 2 weeks is the norm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8a2lg6/comment/dwvn871

Kind of a tacit statement that Fenix isn't as bad / hotfix worthy as release Maiev

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The problem with that is that Minions are surprisingly dangerous (especially Archers) and Raynor being able to drag along any more than one would be extremely powerful. Not to mention the weird XP denial cheese that you'd be able to pull off by keeping Minions away from the enemy team.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I could see a more sane, watered down version being commanding minions within a small radius of Raynor to lock onto an enemy for a few seconds. Gazlowe 1 for minions, basically.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Make it a part of Inspire or a talent for it, have Inspire be a targeted cast that makes all/a single wave of minions in its range focus-fire on the thing Raynor targets.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
That's still really, really powerful. Have you ever tried to clear a wave of unfocused minions, particularly later in the game? They hit pretty drat hard if given a singular target.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just give Raynor an actual trait, a third ability, and some more interesting talents. Maybe tweak his ults or something. As neat as theorycrafting total revamps can be, I'd be satisfied with a Raynor that still functions in largely the same capacity as he does now, just without the clunk and cruft of being one of the very first characters in a game of 70+ characters where character design has evolved over 2+ years.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

bio347 posted:

That's still really, really powerful. Have you ever tried to clear a wave of unfocused minions, particularly later in the game? They hit pretty drat hard if given a singular target.

You don't really notice this until you try to fight someone while they're in the middle of a pile of their own minions, and then suddenly you wonder where all of your health went.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shadowlyger posted:

You don't really notice this until you try to fight someone while they're in the middle of a pile of their own minions, and then suddenly you wonder where all of your health went.

This is, in fact, one of my favorite things to do when playing as Zagara with Infest when someone with poor waveclear tries to lane against me.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kai Tave posted:

Just give Raynor an actual trait, a third ability, and some more interesting talents. Maybe tweak his ults or something. As neat as theorycrafting total revamps can be, I'd be satisfied with a Raynor that still functions in largely the same capacity as he does now, just without the clunk and cruft of being one of the very first characters in a game of 70+ characters where character design has evolved over 2+ years.

I hate the current Raynor not because of his kit, but because it's on Raynor specifically. It doesn't reflect his personality or why he's important to Starcraft as a character in any significant way.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

New Brawl is the heroic version of Deadman's Stand. One win for the lootbox, which is a rare chest. Didn't seem as hard as the previous heroic PvE brawl, then again I was matched up with people who knew what they were doing (one of them kept pointing things out like "leave one nuke behind now, so we can take the merc camp faster when it respawns").

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I found that brawl to be actually fun. I also got a legendary Uther skin from the box so yay.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I found that brawl to be actually fun. I also got a legendary Uther skin from the box so yay.

Orange Sulfuras skin ? I'm so jelly right now. :arghfist::mad:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The blessed judgement one. It looks pretty neat. I was rocking the white space marine armor before that.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

lucifirius posted:

gently caress Sylvanas players that take Dreadful Wake. It's not a wave clearing ability, it's your escape.

Dreadful Wake is fine if you know you'll be having a really lovely laning phase. E the enemy wave from under your towers, W if needed, freeze their push. The extra mana from Dreadful Wake is there so you can sustain even if you give up the globes. I mean yeah, it's a "lose less" talent but it's not like you'll always have comp advantage and losing the other lvl 1 talents is not that big of a deal.
Sylvanas has some really lovely talents but this isn't one of them. Not the talent's fault if a player misuses it.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Eraflure posted:

Dreadful Wake is fine if you know you'll be having a really lovely laning phase. E the enemy wave from under your towers, W if needed, freeze their push. The extra mana from Dreadful Wake is there so you can sustain even if you give up the globes. I mean yeah, it's a "lose less" talent but it's not like you'll always have comp advantage and losing the other lvl 1 talents is not that big of a deal.
Sylvanas has some really lovely talents but this isn't one of them. Not the talent's fault if a player misuses it.

What are you talking about? Overflowing Quiver is the "murder the entire enemy wave in half a second" talent once you get Barbed Shot at 7.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Overflowing Quiver is the superior choice, but losing it doesn't neuter Sylvanas. You can still waveclear really quickly once you get Barbed Shot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Sylvanas level 1 talents dont really matter. Pls no tilt over them.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

when is master chief coming to the nexus?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Paranoid Peanut posted:

when is master chief coming to the nexus?

This. Also King DeDeDe, and the Mario Brothers?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Butter Hole posted:

This. Also King DeDeDe, and the Mario Brothers?

When kirby swallows someone he gains their trait.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don't suppose anyone knows of a good map specific guide to this game? I'm looking at my Ranked stats and wow I have some issues with scoring wins on Haunted Mines and Braxis in particular, wondering if there's anywhere I can learn to play them better/meta strategies for doing well on those maps in particular.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows of a good map specific guide to this game? I'm looking at my Ranked stats and wow I have some issues with scoring wins on Haunted Mines and Braxis in particular, wondering if there's anywhere I can learn to play them better/meta strategies for doing well on those maps in particular.

Psalm has a map-specific tier list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/169EApZPvKE38FIsaSJZsPCf9HK3CmvHTBCHwBVys4_k/edit

My advice for those two maps...on Braxis, make sure your team has a solid solo-laner. Someone like Blaze, Sonya, Leoric, and I find success with Gazlowe and Fenix as well. If you're winning top lane, that puts a lot of pressure on the enemy team. A good 4-stack is important too. Heroes that can rotate between lanes by going over the wall, like genji or hanzo, can also make quick rotations and be very strong--not to mention they can shred the boss.

For haunted mines, my winrate went up when I basically began ignoring the objective. While it's up, get all the soak you can, grab every merc camp, look for ganks, and only when there's not anything left to do should you get skulls. If you're way behind in skulls and wipe the enemy team, DON'T GO FINISH IT! Just go push and get mercs. The objective sucks on this map and the map basically sucks too.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hah, the observer UI is bugged for HGC this weekend and doesn't show ultimate cooldowns for players

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

The blessed judgement one. It looks pretty neat. I was rocking the white space marine armor before that.

Yeah it's nice as well.

On the other hand I just opened this random chest:

I retract my "jelly" comment. :stare:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Every now and then I'm reminded that incredibly stupid poo poo happens at all levels of play and that's somewhat comforting because I know it's not just me.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

grubby is a saint

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

:thunk:

Did this game turn out as horribly as one might expect?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Batigh posted:

No, Azmo returned in the first 5minutes minute and eventually they won.

Edit: The enemy team took just one fort and in their desperation they went for boss, which turned their already vulnerable core into a freebie.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 6, 2018

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Batigh posted:

No, Grubby's team won.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

The best part is the azmodan dropping group right as the match starts.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I wish they replaced one of Raynor's Ult's with "Vulture" where he just changes form to be permanently mounted and his autoattacks deal double damage, but fire half as fast or something like that Nova talent. Raynor being stuck as a marine is lame, he rode a bike the very first time anyone ever met him!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wasn't he a hero marine first? I remember he was both in SC, just can't remember which first.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Vulture first. He was a marine in installation missions. He seemed way stronger as a marine tho and this is SC2 raynor with hair (who was never a vulture), not bald raynor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Zodiac5000 posted:

I wish they replaced one of Raynor's Ult's with "Vulture" where he just changes form to be permanently mounted and his autoattacks deal double damage, but fire half as fast or something like that Nova talent. Raynor being stuck as a marine is lame, he rode a bike the very first time anyone ever met him!

Half Gun of Fury