Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Latest patch apparently caused a crash when using any melee weapon, and it was related to the teaser achievements. Hotfix removed them.

OVK being OVK, nothing to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It was a rare example of "If you have mods, you won't crash". That must've been the weirdest thing to troubleshoot.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I can make no promises about overall quality, but at least one part of this event is gonna be wild.

Remember that internet cartoon spoof, Saturday Morning Watchmen?

https://youtu.be/rV76nmIyHXI

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nothing will ever come close to 2016 screaming guns April fools.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Nothing will ever come close to 2016 screaming guns April fools.
Those minigun Bulletstorms got me so many accusations of cheating that I can't not defend it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hello I have not played Payday since Point Break but I have the itch to click some heads. What do I need to know to jump back in also does anyone here still play cause lol pubstove

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

weekly font posted:

Hello I have not played Payday since Point Break but I have the itch to click some heads. What do I need to know to jump back in also does anyone here still play cause lol pubstove

grinder is still op

lmgs are op

no more silencer +30% bonus damage

you can skill snipers to have cleave.

theres a shitload more cops on deathwish and they are more aggressive now

minigun dozers are also a thing

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

There's a bunch of us on Discord. If Vox offers you something called "Crackdown", don't even try it... down.

Death Wish no longer highest difficulty.
More memes!
Crime Spree mode introduced, where you play random days on Overkill with ever-increasing modifiers to raise the difficulty.
Continental Coins - imagine Gage Coins but bad.
Goon Mod even further subsumed into vanilla Payday 2.
Enemy spawns amped right the hell up.
Lead designer won't stop rebalancing the poo poo out of everything to justify the literally game-breaking numbers of cops.
New characters, new decks.
No more paid DLC from here on out.
Can't buy individual DLC anymore. There is the Ultimate Edition bundle (which can't be gifted) and there is the h3h3 character pack.
Vox even more fervently chasing the Secret.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I would contest the characterization of grinder being op.

I'd put it in the top 5, but it's nowhere nearly as broken as it was years ago.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

maswastaken posted:

There's a bunch of us on Discord. If Vox offers you something called "Crackdown", don't even try it... down.

Can't buy individual DLC anymore. There is the Ultimate Edition bundle (which can't be gifted) and there is the h3h3 character pack.

Wait so since I missed a few paid DLCs my options are buy a version that I already own most of or get hosed?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

Wait so since I missed a few paid DLCs my options are buy a version that I already own most of or get hosed?
The bundle excludes what you already own and you get an appropriate discount.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 7, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
aside from event stuff, I also think there are a couple tie-in items that aren't included in the ultimate edition. I think the only significant one that's not either masks or reskinned melee weapons (or H3H3) is getting the special edition of Hotline Miami 2 and the Jacket character pack.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The airbow from the H3H3 pack is a semi-unique weapon but you're not missing out by not owning it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

For current perk decks:

Crew Chief & Gambler are both Real Good, particularly if you've got one of each in a group; the groupwide bonuses really add up fast.
Anarchist, Crook, Muscle, Grinder and even Sociopath offer basically invulnerability on overkill and below with a decent build.
Tag Team, Sicario, Stoic & Kingpin have active-use skills to manage but are similarly absurdly durable if properly played with a decent build. I find tag team too fiddly for practical use, YMMV.

Ex-Pres is basically a worse grinder. Rogue's another dodge option in a field that includes crook and sicario already and mostly has the most overall dodge to say in favor of itself.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

maswastaken posted:

The bundle excludes what you already own and you an appropriate discount.

Yeah it only cost me like 8 bucks to catch up so I guess I didn't miss too much in paytown. I see that Spring Break hasn't happened yet so if it's not during my exam week I'll probably jump on the discord and ruin games.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Just had a glitch on hoxout day 2 with captain winters, the entire grew blew up his shields as they waddled into the building via liberal application of explosives. But then it was down only to winters, no supporting shields. The ticker at the top never changed from the orange "defeat captain to end assault wave" and promptly so, but the other cops didnt seem to get stronger with winter's immortal presence on the map.

Not like it mattered since it was on overkill but :shrug:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Discendo Vox posted:

aside from event stuff, I also think there are a couple tie-in items that aren't included in the ultimate edition. I think the only significant one that's not either masks or reskinned melee weapons (or H3H3) is getting the special edition of Hotline Miami 2 and the Jacket character pack.

Yeah, you still need the special edition of HM2 to get Jacket and his associated items/perk deck/etc. I still didn't have him after I bought the ultimate edition upgrade, had the standard edition of HM2, then bought an upgrade transaction to turn my standard edition HM2 into the special edition you need at a discount, and that worked RE: Jacket pack.

So if anyone's been wondering about the viability thereof (upgrading their copy of HM2 if they have one), it does work for Jacket in PD2.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

EorayMel posted:

Just had a glitch on hoxout day 2 with captain winters, the entire grew blew up his shields as they waddled into the building via liberal application of explosives. But then it was down only to winters, no supporting shields. The ticker at the top never changed from the orange "defeat captain to end assault wave" and promptly so, but the other cops didnt seem to get stronger with winter's immortal presence on the map.

Not like it mattered since it was on overkill but :shrug:

It's a bug that's never been fully fixed. The best way is to always wait for the assault icon to change into a shield before attack the Winters phalanx.

Also you would likely not notice the DR change on Overkill difficulty anyway.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Vox's leaked Spring Break predictions

No guarantees, but here's what I think we're getting, and why. I've given up on holding this stuff in secret, it's been delayed too long.
  • No Mercy. Pretty confident of this one- devs have been teasing it and some system functions from the heist recently snuck their way into updates.
  • Akimbo Expansion. Every smg and almost every pistol, plus the Judge. Yup. File system prep for these popped up a little while ago, and this caters to the VR crowd.
  • Melee revamp. There were some limited file leaks. I don't know the details of what they'd entail, but again, it's something needed in the VR version.
  • Vehicle customization. This is really tentative, but there were assets for vehicle customization included in the game a long time ago and now would make sense. Otherwise they're going to run out of time.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

• Akimbo Expansion. Every smg and almost every pistol, plus the Judge. Yup. File system prep for these popped up a little while ago, and this caters to the VR crowd.

I will forgive everything if we truly get akimbo Micro Uzis.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

akimbo thanatos when?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tempest_56 posted:

I will forgive everything if we truly get akimbo Judges.

You know it's what you really want. What you crave.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Shut up and give me my piglets!

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Akimbo Arbiters, please.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Akimbo Commandos.

Imagine those with Swan Song. :getin:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

You know it's what you really want. What you crave.

Oh yeah, double Judge is totally going to be a thing as well and beautiful.

But I am far too gleeful at the volume of fire possible with akimbo Micro Uzis. Then swapping to my backup Micro Uzi.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Put in BE + crits and/or Frenzerker and it'll make Hitman viable on the highest difficulty. Just don't be on a map with any snipers whatsoever because it'll be a miracle to hit anything further than 15m.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tempest_56 posted:

Oh yeah, double Judge is totally going to be a thing as well and beautiful.

But I am far too gleeful at the volume of fire possible with akimbo Micro Uzis. Then swapping to my backup Micro Uzi.

I still love Shotgun Dodge. I never got into any of the automatics. I am also terrible at the game generally.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I still love Shotgun Dodge. I never got into any of the automatics. I am also terrible at the game generally.

Steakout's solid no matter what. If you're specced out for shotguns and put all the damage perks you can on them the Brothers Grim are comedy gold for a Shotty Dodge build, the single-gun secondary version isn't bad either in general. However you have to be running a build with the Enforcer's shotgun abilities to make the akimbo-shotties good. Also if you put frag rounds on them they become useless (because frags) but the way they jiggle ragdolls at full-auto is magical.

The Street Sweeper is a fairly good "long range" shotty that you can click fast enough to be effectively auto-fire, especially if you put flechettes on them. Especially it won't leak exhaust and blow off your thumb like the real life version.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Manuel Calavera posted:

The akimbo shotguns are automatic and concealable.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AR automatics, I mean. Or SMGs. They never felt quite as right as the shotguns.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
My Loco has the death toll of a mid-sized natural disaster, but I cannot deny the sheer hilarity and amusement value of the brothers grimm, particularly the akimbo version. It feels like you're wasting ammo when you really go to town with it, but the pickup rate is very nice, so it's rarely ever a real issue, and they can reload so darn fast, with the right bits and bobs, that it makes the micro uzi look sluggish by comparison.

They (or it, the singular) feels like cheating, even moreso than the Stakeout ever did, if you load them with dragon's breath, too, just killing every single cop you see faster than you can aim (only taking long enough to theoretically do so (haha, not that you need to with dragon's breath rounds) with specials on the higher difficulties, especially since shields melt as fast as everybody else, and obviously not being so great against dozers. Of course, you can always bring the other version of the BG loaded with non-DB rounds for the occasional special/dozer slaying (much like you'll also be able to do soon with the micro uzi).

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The GSPS is somehow really, really consistent for one hit kills for me without any shotgun skills on regular mooks.

With it, it dips into efficient special killing territory.

Also no gun cheeses overkill more than an incendiary streetsweeper. I dare you to defy me.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Anything cheeses Overkill. :smug:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Anything cheeses Overkill. :smug:
Where's your solo Old Memories run, MLG pro heister?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Again, the only part of this I feel really confident about is No Mercy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

Where's your solo Old Memories run, MLG pro heister?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-FAv1w9XXQ

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh great another thing I'll have to do with some grunge music soundtrack

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Of the new achievements, 36 have the internal prefix "cac", and "des" and "tag" each have 11. Expect the event to start either tomorrow or maybe next monday.

FAUXTON posted:

Oh great another thing I'll have to do with some grunge music soundtrack

God, I'd love a sequel. That video was just beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Where's your Old Memories run where you don't blow up the lab? You know, kind of like this but without the Day 3 wipe due to greed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rByHU9HCPf4