Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

BUKAKI for your nails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

BUKAKI for your nails.

Bukaki really should have a logo with spattered paint all over it.

I ordered the born pretty version of magnetic gel for my roommate's daughter. It has not arrived. They extended shipping, but I'm betting I'm going to have to open a dispute. I already received the set of 4 magnetic pens to play with it.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

BUKAKI for your nails.

Oh, it's the off-brand version of https://www.manglaze.com

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Oh, it's the off-brand version of https://www.manglaze.com

The SSL certificate for that site is bad.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nail polish is not the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the phrase man glaze

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The SSL certificate for that site is bad.

OK? It ain't my website so...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

OK? It ain't my website so...

Nah but you linked to a website that is not "safe," which is bad practice. Nearly nobody will visit it. It also implies a lot about the business itself. Welcome to the internet!

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 5, 2018

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Better run it through the w3c validator to be safe too

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nah but you linked to a website that is not "safe," which is bad practice. Nearly nobody will visit it. It also implies a lot about the business itself. Welcome to the internet!

It's a one-off link in the aliexpress thread, I'm not too worried about my IP address being stolen. Remember when almost every site didn't even have SSL?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

As long as you are not submitting information to it such as login or cc information it doesn't matter at all

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Better run it through the w3c validator to be safe too

Can I get one of those from aliexpress?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
So what's going to happen to US orders once Trump's trade sanctions happen?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sun roof for your head

https://aliexpress.com/item/Summer-...2813949135.html

And a hat with a ton on promo pics in the description.

https://aliexpress.com/item/Pharrel...2587774305.html

"Madonna wear this hat on her concert"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pharrell sucks and I hate his hat

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I ordered a 20 dollar Edgepro clone and am now waiting for it so I can ruin most of my knives.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I think I remember someone posting one in tfr saying it was ok, post an update on how it works pls

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You are clearly not wasting enough money.
I bet you still don't have a dodgy rotary tool and a set of grinding wheels, you'll never be as good as the people on YouTube! Loser!

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Neutrino posted:

So what's going to happen to US orders once Trump's trade sanctions happen?

Anything with a tariff will probably have to be paid at your post office in order to pick up your goodies. 'Course everyone else'll be paying those same tariff's at the Walmart cash register. So a little more hassle, but still saving money.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Duh Ugh posted:

Anything with a tariff will probably have to be paid at your post office in order to pick up your goodies. 'Course everyone else'll be paying those same tariff's at the Walmart cash register. So a little more hassle, but still saving money.

My post office is such a garbage nightmare that I would almost completely stop ordering fun stuff from Ali. I pay for a box in one of those P.O. box stores so I don’t have to ever deal with usps.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Sormus posted:

I ordered a 20 dollar Edgepro clone and am now waiting for it so I can ruin most of my knives.

I posted about this in the knife thread a while back. The suction cups are poo poo and the stones aren’t good but otherwise it is fine. I bought good stones for it and use painters tape to hold it to my table and it works great.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rio posted:

I posted about this in the knife thread a while back. The suction cups are poo poo and the stones aren’t good but otherwise it is fine. I bought good stones for it and use painters tape to hold it to my table and it works great.

Yup this is the post I remember reading

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

rio posted:

I got this one, because I knew of the suction cup issues https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-G...2827635758.html

*edit*
It actually looks even more cheapo than the suction cup one.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Sormus posted:

I got this one, because I knew of the suction cup issues https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-G...2827635758.html

*edit*
It actually looks even more cheapo than the suction cup one.

Interesting - I’ll be curious to hear how it works with that clamp. The stone in the photo looks the same and they probably all bundle the same cheap ones. They work, but they won’t work for more than a few sharpenings as a flat surface since they are made of some kind of packed powder or something and they lose material as you use them and the grit rating isn’t accurate. So I got 3 nice stones to use with it off of amazon - I forget the brand but they weren’t the official ones. The are good stones backed with metal (rather than plastic like the cheap ones - the stones are also glued on in a lovely way so expect some to possibly fall off) and although the cheap ones work the nicer ones are a huge difference since the system itself really seems to work just like the real thing. Pretty quick and fun to do once you get used to it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://blog.adafruit.com/2018/01/21/sweden-adds-fee-per-package-plus-vat-for-packages-from-china-makerbusiness/

Something like this could probably happen. I just read the other day that Postnord in Sweden had to return over 200,000 undelivered packages from china since introducing the new fee because gently caress paying $10 handling and VAT fees on a $1 plastic trinket.

[edit] 200k, not 400k

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 7, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't have to fear that as luckily for me Israel is much more corrupt than Sweden.:agesilaus:
Eventually everything will come crashing down but that never stopped us.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
AE pushed a special deal for some trousers at me this morning. The features of the trousers?

* Unstructured look (i.e shapeless)
* Special high quality YKK zip (i.e. a zip from the same factory as all the other zips in the world)
* High quality resin button (i.e. there's a plastic button to button your trousers with)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

outlier posted:

* Special high quality YKK zip (i.e. a zip from the same factory as all the other zips in the world)

I've had a couple of zippers that weren't YKK break or fail in extremely flimsy and stupid ways. Zippers are something that you pretty much assume will always work, until they come apart in your hands just trying to zip up your hoodie or something.

It feels kinda weird to appreciate the seeming ubiquity of YKK, but you'll definitely notice a difference in quality with other zippers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've had a couple of zippers that weren't YKK break or fail in extremely flimsy and stupid ways. Zippers are something that you pretty much assume will always work, until they come apart in your hands just trying to zip up your hoodie or something.

It feels kinda weird to appreciate the seeming ubiquity of YKK, but you'll definitely notice a difference in quality with other zippers.

Absolutely true. One zipper I had separated back to front when I went to pull it up, I have had the part you pull on just break off as well

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Zippers only break when you're out in public too.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

blugu64 posted:

Zippers only break when you're out in public too.

Duh. Who does up their zippers when they are home alone?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
what are

they're tiny snowman noses

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oh please I know urethra jewelry when I see it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone make a quick OP-style list of any good stuff in the last 30-40 pages and I'll add it to the OP, thans.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hey nice op. I hadn’t looked since the thread started.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I had my first bad AE experience. :( I'd ordered a silicone clip with a magnet closure for my Fitbit One. The description clearly said it was for a Fitbit One, but it's about a quarter-inch too short: my Fitbit doesn't fit, not a bit (:haw:) Being silicone, you'd think it would stretch, but there's a plug of hard plastic in at least one end that prevents that.

I did acknowledge that it had arrived; it came while I was away, so that was all I could do. Now that I see it's either faulty or had a very bad description and/or photo, should I bother doing anything about it--giving poor ratings for accuracy/quality or asking for a refund? It cost me less than $2, and I doubt any other similar One clip on AE will fit any better (they all look exactly the same).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Honestly I've never given a bad review :shrug:. I figure it's just part of AliExpress, provided the item is under like $10.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You can open a dispute for a while after you confirm receipt, Two weeks I think.
Failing that you can message the store and ask for a refund, if they don't help write a bad review.
We can't let these assholes get away with it, I got burned too much.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I got one of these to wear while riding my motorcycle. It caught my eye because the pattern is copied from the heroine in Dishonored 2.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

You can open a dispute for a while after you confirm receipt, Two weeks I think.
Failing that you can message the store and ask for a refund, if they don't help write a bad review.
We can't let these assholes get away with it, I got burned too much.

Oh yeah, I've done disputes lots of times. That's set it right all but once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

Hey nice op. I hadn’t looked since the thread started.

thanks