Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Bliss is quite good at heelin', to the point that she's one of the more over people in the company (and some of her fans are kinda scary.) I'm partly surprised she lost, though as soon as they made it about Nia Jax being bullied then you have to end it with her getting her retribution.

Yeah, maybe it's that a lot of the matches didn't seem to have a classic heel but she was doing a really great job, definitely made a fan out of me. Nakamura seems like he has a lot of potential to be a great cocky heel too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Please remember to brush your teeth, goons

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol at anyone who could watch the last two nights and still think things will be worse if HHH had the book.

It's such a mind gently caress every time I watch a Takeover then a WWE PPV and think about the difference in quality.

I hate liking people in NXT because I know some day they'll be on the main roster. How sad is that.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Wrestlemania really, really needs to be shorter because 500 straight hours of wrestling like this will guarantee a dead crowd for the latter half of the show. Of course, nothing would've salvaged Brock/Roman, but at least the audience would be less likely to be totally spent by the time you reach the world title matches.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

My feeling is that this card was booked directly for surprise results, which is almost always a bad philosophy, and that it was clearly time pressed which led to most of the matches that were ok (US; SD tag), good (AJ/Nakamura), or great (Charlotte/Asuka; IC) to fail to reach the level of good, great, or classic. That time went to a lot of spectacle (both McMahon matches, the Braun thing, and Taker) which had their moments but ate up a LOT of time.

i dunno the more i think about it i dont even think the aj/nak match made it to good. I realize i'm grading unfairly but thats what you get with that hype and the talent involved. it was an absolute dud turd by that measure

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What in fucks name. Are those.... hollow?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

he should get a mouthguard/stop dipping :cripes:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wrestlemania 35:
*Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa carrying Roman on their shoulders*
Roman is OG BC 4LYF

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

looks like rot from chewing tobacco

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

Caps and fillings?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I don't know that AJ/Nakamura was better than a 3 star match.

And using Wrestlemania as a plot point along a story arc instead of the end is insane to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finn lost because WWE hates gay people

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Are those tiny fig newtons?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Roman's always had the aura of someone who knows he has a rocket strapped to his back and holds it against people who make note of it for not just shutting up and buying in.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tokamak posted:

Wrestlemania 35:
*Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa carrying Roman on their shoulders*
Roman is OG BC 4LYF
I feel like the only arbitrator on who is OG BC should be Fale for some reason.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
As a casual wrestling fan i liked wrestlemania.

I just think you guys are hateful everytime i read a wwe thread its just bitching and complaining.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Fart City posted:

This is what happens when you don't have real competition. You can just kind of... muddle through. If there was an American promotion that was doing similar business to WWE, there'd be no way they would have hosed around with Roman for this long. Either they would have subbed in someone else, turned him heel, or just done... anything. But because there's no immediacy to holding onto the top of the mountain, you can just have apathetic booking ad infinitum. WWE is in a holding pattern with RAW and it's really starting to fall apart.

a good summation

weird rear end crap booking holding down a mountain of good talent that they've bought for themselves

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

EugeneJ posted:

what was the last wrestlemania without a **** match

Honestly you could argue all of Finn/Seth/Miz, Asuka/Charlotte, and the Mixed Tag were all in the ***1/2 to **** range.

Show went off the rails after that though.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Grant DaNasty posted:

Are those tiny fig newtons?

:barf:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I just think you guys are hateful everytime i read a wwe thread its just bitching and complaining.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853736

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

That is the essence of being a non casual WWE fan. Like if you're just casually watching you can't realize how tiresome 4 mania main events of Roman Reigns are.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Everyone unanimously agrees yesterday's ppv was the best one they've ever seen

'lol you guys hate everything'

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

"I DESERVE THIS" - John Cena

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

Everyone unanimously agrees yesterday's ppv was the best one they've ever seen

'lol you guys hate everything'

i only hate the bad things friendo, like this mania. JJSB2 and Takeover were both great for their own reasons

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doc Morbid posted:

Wrestlemania really, really needs to be shorter because 500 straight hours of wrestling like this will guarantee a dead crowd for the latter half of the show. Of course, nothing would've salvaged Brock/Roman, but at least the audience would be less likely to be totally spent by the time you reach the world title matches.

Amen. We are driving home now, and the crowd was pretty much spent after 9:30 or so. We perked up at Nicholas, and that booing and cheering you heard during the main event? Various beach balls got through security and people were chanting delete at the security guards who confiscated them.

Best match of the night was the Rousey match, hands down. And they killed the mega pop Daniel Bryan would've had if they would not have run that Vanguard 1 type video before his entrance.

But, this was the first live wrestling match ever for my kids, so I hope they have good memories of it in the future.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i will never go sunk cost on this poo poo, WWE is bad sometimes and good other times. tonight it was all bad outside the action in 2 matches. no finishes were good (except maybe rondas but they teased her tapping HHH so now its bad they didnt do that)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Just brushed my teeth y'all, thanks and goodnight.

See you next time from deep within in the Swirling Sands of the House of Saud.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

What counts as casual? I only watch maybe 2 PPVs a year (and follow the WWE discussion thread from time to time), and this was still a huge disappointment considering the talent involved.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If you told me 8 hours ago that my favorite matches of the night would involve Ronda Rousey and Nicholas, well... I don't even know what I'd say to that

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It occurs to me they really should've put Styles v. Nakamura on last, or even the Rousey match.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

wwe is a mediocre product that is perceived as terrible because my god they have so much incredible loving talent and this is the poo poo they do

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
JoJ totally deserved that with this fuckin stupid build. Shame but funny that ultra expected and wanted match was a 5 minute squash.
Really, only WARMBAR, SD tags, and Main even were pretty poo poo, with Nak/AJ being underwhelmingly average TV match. Everything else was at the very least passable or hilarious.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Roman will win the belt after Brock breaks CM Punk's record, so please be calm

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/983160920221343746

ok this is romance :3:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe this is all a huge con to make us all very excited to see more Ronda.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Doc Morbid posted:

What counts as casual? I only watch maybe 2 PPVs a year (and follow the WWE discussion thread from time to time), and this was still a huge disappointment considering the talent involved.

thats v casual and its fine to think its bad, dont get caught up in others opinions b/c you may value some aspects of wrestling differently!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MotU posted:

i only hate the bad things friendo, like this mania. JJSB2 and Takeover were both great for their own reasons

That his point friendo

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I was really happy with New Days entrance this year. Not quite Booty-Os Cereal, but great in its own way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

That his point friendo

i know but i was confirming his viewpoint

• Locked thread