Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just exerting some prevailing dread on the comic through two words on a black panel is probably as effective and threatening as he's ever been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It was also the last time a writer wrote Darkseid with any slight competence.
I was gonna come in and say that FC was definitely not a very good series in retrospect, but this part is nonetheless absolutely correct.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It's the best crisis. And, more importantly, good.

It was also the last time a writer wrote Darkseid with any slight competence.

idk, Batman brandishing baby Darkseid like a weapon was the one highlight of Metal

but yes I agree

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/982117992510009345

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Serious question, does anyone even give a poo poo about final crisis? Like it wasn't terrible but it was pretty forgettable. The best part was Superman Beyond and that was only two issues.

Hey man I don't like it either but them's dangerous opinions in these parts! :tinfoil:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

That Final Crisis HC makes less sense than the $75 Legion Quest HC Marvel put out.

Marvel have been publishing/announcing a lot of 90s X-Men omnibuses lately.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
What are people’s opinion on Legend?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

What are people’s opinion on Legend?

Tim Curry's Devil was freaking awesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Marvel have been publishing/announcing a lot of 90s X-Men omnibuses lately.

How many are five-issue miniseries that only serve to set up a much longer crossover and are included in the omnibus for said crossover?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Hypothetical:

Blue Electric Superman or New 52 Superman? You have to choose one!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Hypothetical:

New 52 without a doubt.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'll take Blue Electric. The collar is way worse than that blue suit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'll take Blue Electric. The collar is way worse than that blue suit.

Thos stupid, ill-defined powers got old after three months. N52 lead us to PAKTION COMICS.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is New 52 in the t shirt and jeans? Is Electric Superman written by Grant Morrison in JLA?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

What the gently caress is exactly happening in Batman Odyssey?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is New 52 in the t shirt and jeans? Is Electric Superman written by Grant Morrison in JLA?

They're both written by Grant Morrison.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

What the gently caress is exactly happening in Batman Odyssey?

Everything. Everything is happening in Batman Odyssey.

I bought that trade a few years ago and I am still looking for the right drugs to take before reading it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

They're both written by Grant Morrison.

I see you're trying to confuse my logic circuits, but I'm going with Electric Blue because I'd like to see what he'd do with him in a solo title. Electric Superman in the era of smart phones and social media? Blue boys real sin was being ahead of his time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/982413728292450304/photo/1

I'll give that a shot.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Covok posted:

Hypothetical:

Electric Blue. It's a good costume, just not for Superman.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Electric Blue, but mainly because I think it's super dumb and I can't wait for the trade.

Speaking of dumb '90's things, they're reprinting Knightfall again? But even more comprehensively than before? It's going to be in 7 volumes, so I guess they want to get everything this time. Third (fourth, counting the omnibuses?) times the charm I guess. Knightfall is one of those stories I want to read, but the sheer size, and price, makes it one that I've never really been able to justify to myself in-store.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

To everyone who answered Blue Superman (as I would), I’ll throw a wench into it: would you still answer that if you’re forced to include run where you had to have the Blue AND Red Electrics?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Hypothetical:

Superbro.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/982697464619773952

Yes!

quote:

Catwoman #1
Writer/Artist: Joëlle Jones
Colorist: Laura Allred
Variant Cover Artist: Stanley “Artgerm” Lau
The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!

edit: From the panel,
Sounds like the Booster Gold story coming up in Batman is about him inadvertently causing Bruce to never be born. Dick Grayson rises as Gotham's protector, but without Bruce's guidance, he's basically The Punisher.
(e: Article on the story, with art from the panel: https://www.newsarama.com/39407-booster-gold-goes-back-in-time-to-prevent-spoiler-with-disastrous-consequences.html)

SGM is working on more DC projects with an announcement to come at NYCC.

Geoff Johns' Joker story is being worked on right now by Jason Fabok.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 7, 2018

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: From the panel,
Sounds like the Booster Gold story coming up in Batman is about him inadvertently causing Bruce to never be born. Dick Grayson rises as Gotham's protector, but without Bruce's guidance, he's basically The Punisher.
(e: Article on the story, with art from the panel: https://www.newsarama.com/39407-booster-gold-goes-back-in-time-to-prevent-spoiler-with-disastrous-consequences.html)

SGM is working on more DC projects with an announcement to come at NYCC.

Geoff Johns' Joker story is being worked on right now by Jason Fabok.

On one hand, this sounds cool. On the other hand, "what if alternate universe where Batman had gun," is swiftly becoming an oversaturated idea.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Android Blues posted:

On one hand, this sounds cool. On the other hand, "what if alternate universe where Batman had gun," is swiftly becoming an oversaturated idea.

They are taking cues from Batman Odyssey

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Android Blues posted:

I really wanted to see more of McDuffy's version where Batman with gun was because he saw a Western the night of his parents' death instead of Zorro and thus is now in all white (iirc, he was called Paladin or something)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/983392919922102272

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Android Blues posted:

Batman but his parents took him to see ZARDOZ that night.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

Or Dirty Harry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Or Dirty Harry.

Everyone forgets Dirty Harry doesn't save anyone and his early brutality leads to a killer being released on a technicality that let's him kill again. Yeah, he gets the guy in the end, but if he'd actually followed the rules fewer people would be dead.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Everyone forgets Dirty Harry doesn't save anyone and his early brutality leads to a killer being released on a technicality that let's him kill again. Yeah, he gets the guy in the end, but if he'd actually followed the rules fewer people would be dead.
Well,

You Know.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nessus posted:

I need this. I really need this.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

I need this. I really need this.
Does this go with the one where a libertine party up the mountain and a trebuchet accident hurls a dildo through his window?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Y'all not pumped for Joëlle Catwoman at all?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Pumped, but that promo image makes me worry about the wedding.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Android Blues posted:

Presume they went to see the Antonio Banderas Zorro movie in 1998. Except they decided not to go to the cinema that week. Instead they waited and went out to see the next weekend's big new movie. Saving Private Ryan.

And so young Bruce is inspired to become Arm-Fall-Off Boy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Nessus posted:

Buckaroo Banzai?

“...it confused me... as a boy...

“...confused me...

“...yes. Father.

“I shall become nonsense.”

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/983775105691078657

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Inkspot posted:

Buckaroo Banzai?

“...it confused me... as a boy...

“...confused me...

“...yes. Father.

“I shall become nonsense.”

This feels like the origin story for a one off Doom Patrol villain.