Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got major The 3rd Birthday vibes off that "THE TINY GIRL IS HEAVY AND SHE'S EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT" scene, in that I have a sinking feeling it's an obscure fetish the director shoehorned in.

Also the brown orb creature made me want to die every time it spoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have no idea what game this is but it looks and sounds horrible and you guys should play the entire thing.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Knormal posted:

I have no idea what game this is but it looks and sounds horrible and you guys should play the entire thing.

I'm still considering just selling it and giving Ryan his money back

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Danaru posted:

I got major The 3rd Birthday vibes off that "THE TINY GIRL IS HEAVY AND SHE'S EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT" scene, in that I have a sinking feeling it's an obscure fetish the director shoehorned in.

Also the brown orb creature made me want to die every time it spoke

they're british

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I am kinda baffled that just leaving the way you came doesn't complete the objective "escape the airship".

That sure is some game design.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

gnome7 posted:

I am kinda baffled that just leaving the way you came doesn't complete the objective "escape the airship".

That sure is some game design.

https://twitter.com/MiniFoo/status/978082825617289216

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 59: Padding it Out

Knormal posted:

I have no idea what game this is

Me either

Knormal posted:

but it looks and sounds horrible and you guys should play the entire thing.

No

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
@Kuvo If you were trying to get the flying car, you can't until you beat the game. Which by then, according to the internet, it's borderline useless because it only works in Lucis and anyone who cared about completing side stuff probably did already. Also if you crash or land improperly you game over, but that might be worth seeing in a bonus clip on its own. Leave it to FF15 to poo poo on the series tradition of giving you the badass Airship experience at a point where it'd be interesting and could matter.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 5, 2018

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow that sounds incredibly stupid and pointless.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Dreadwroth posted:

Wow that sounds incredibly stupid and pointless.

Hah, yeah sure does.

And the stupid and pointless airship unlocks exactly one thing, and its stupid and pointless too

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Hah, yeah sure does.

And the stupid and pointless airship unlocks exactly one thing, and its stupid and pointless too

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then yes, it is stupid and pointless.

Took me about two hours to get through that loving dungeon and didn't even get a boss battle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The only thing I know about this game is that when you were back in the past, you really should have kept up with that one quest where you met everyone in the diner to talk about earthquakes.

Because I'd love to see how long it would take you guys to finish that one.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
DERTS

Even with the proper equipment and good levels, the Naga and the boss after in crestholm are a pain in the potato.

The garrison sidequest was in your list of quests, you guys just missed it. Is it really only post game content? I don't think I ever did it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

coleman francis posted:

The garrison sidequest was in your list of quests, you guys just missed it. Is it really only post game content? I don't think I ever did it.

The garrison quest could be done during the normal faffing around the world map part of the game, I think after you started trying to be Solid Snake and fought Jiggly Dragon.

I forgot all about the fact I did that quest, finished the game, went back in time and suddenly Cindy asks if I want to use the macguffin plot coupon I had no idea I got to do the thing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/982311748727259137

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We really do live in a post-satire world

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

If you're speaking in terms of overall product quality I'd say this is a pretty good matchup actually

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those pizzas look nothing like each other.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

PIZZAGGggggggggghhhhhrrrgghhhh.

Seriously, what the literal gently caress is this. Is there going to be DLC where Prompto wants to go on a quest to get a pizza, that somehow involves killing a Tomato Elemental?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

FeyerbrandX posted:

Is there going to be DLC where Prompto wants to go on a quest to get a pizza, that somehow involves killing a Tomato Elemental?
Please.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
go to the previous entry in the series for that

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Man, you're saying if I buy that new Final Fantasy game I'll be able to eat slices of pizza off a plastic divider tray just like in grade school prison real life?! :aaa:

Don't cross-promotion schemes usually have some kind of thing so you have to use one product to get the deal on the other? This is just a regular coupon. Is it still April Fools Day?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Kuvo posted:

go to the previous entry in the series for that

I humbly retract my request.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

After you're done playing the current DLC you'll be just in time for four more
Four new downloadable content episodes are planned for release in 2019.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
This road trip is never going to end.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Sigh. The way things are going, I imagine future SE games will be released unfinished and/or carved up in this fashion too. KH3 and FF7 will end up selling gangbusters no matter how hosed up they are but I wonder how long it'll take until people get fed up with it or if SE will have to cross a line somewhere before that happens. Or if every AAA game will be like this in the near future and it'll just be the new normal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Kaasen posted:

Sigh. The way things are going, I imagine future SE games will be released unfinished and/or carved up in this fashion too. KH3 and FF7 will end up selling gangbusters no matter how hosed up they are but I wonder how long it'll take until people get fed up with it or if SE will have to cross a line somewhere before that happens. Or if every AAA game will be like this in the near future and it'll just be the new normal.

Well, at least 7's still meant to be episodic, right? Presumably that means they'll actually finish the episode before releasing it.

But you know, I don't think too many other people are insisting on making some sort of grand cinematic experience, that seems to be mostly final fantasy getting entirely too far up its own rear end.

Then again, what do I know. The most recently released game I've played was like, Persona 5. I'm pretty sure all the dlc for that was just costumes and poo poo.

Do people really replay final fantasy games so much that they actually expect people will still have this installed/be willing to reinstall it a year from now to play some dlc? That's nuts.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Kaasen posted:

Games are a service now. What you pay for upfront is just a foundation of basic mechanics and ideas until you can start buying bits of content to fill it up. Effective marketing can take care of the rest. :haw:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Man, when you guys started talking about the Decline of Western Civilization, I got hit with some nostalgia. You had an episode about that back int the Final Fantasy X-2 LP.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
I get the feeling that bandunk and I listened to the same Phoenix radio station fifteen years ago with those lovely Sum41 songs and ~CHRONIC CAR AUDIO~ commercials :v:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is giving me embarrassment by proxy.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

This is giving me embarrassment by proxy.

I think there's a word in german for second hand embarrassment that's better than second hand embarrassment.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

White Coke posted:

I think there's a word in german for second hand embarrassment that's better than second hand embarrassment.

Fremdschämen.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 60: Snootchie Bootchies

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

You have to hold L2 to summon
And not a single elixir was used.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
This is a good game. :downs:

Also how come you never used that dumb magic ring.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The return of Bird(d?)unk.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Literally at the final dungeon and yet there's zero reason to give a poo poo about our merry boyband. Like, it's not that modern FF games haven't generally had pretty bland casts but at least there's usually someone who's likeable, and here we ain't even got that.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

NikkolasKing posted:

The return of Bird(d?)unk.

Bandunk comes back and a big bad guy gets grand slammed into the distance in the 11th hour of an LP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Bandunk comes back and a big bad guy gets grand slammed into the distance in the 11th hour of an LP?

:five:

Looks like Team Rocket's flying off... agasplat

Hats off to our noble foe.

• Locked thread