Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Anyone know off hand if we can import our own merc logos? I feel like doodling up my own and just want to know if wasting my time or not doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I don't know that importing logos will be an official thing, but my understanding of the game's moddability is that this will be possible.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They said in the last q&a that staff have already been replacing logos.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Back Hack posted:

Anyone know off hand if we can import our own merc logos? I feel like doodling up my own and just want to know if wasting my time or not doing so.

I want to mod in the awesome Battletech-ified Fortune Hunters logo someone made upthread. :sun:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anticheese posted:

I want to mod in the awesome Battletech-ified Fortune Hunters logo someone made upthread. :sun:

These?

Still not happy with the lovers card. I was trying to remake the original one using a wallpaper from the Xbox game, but ugggh :effort:

Looking at it again after a week or two, its actually decently far along, I should keep at it maybe.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Mercenary_Unit_Logo_Gallery Check out that maybe, I think the black heart roses could work, or maybe something i havent seen yet.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

"Vegan Rangers"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You got something against the Legions of Vega, boy?

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo, want that war turtle as a logo.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Still not happy with the lovers card.

Urbanmech in a blonde wig.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Huh, PTN is correct again.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Holy poo poo. This would be perfect.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Wrestling with sumo paint on this now.

edit: sumopaint is terrible.

Needs a bit more work but :effort: later.

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Holy poo poo, want that war turtle as a logo.

Gonna put a wig on that turtle.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 10, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Anticheese posted:

Holy poo poo. This would be perfect.

It'd be funny, but its not really what I'm going for. :v:

This isn't terrible? Of course, now the other cards feel a bit underdetailed.

original:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 10, 2018

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

That's awesome is what.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So is the Raven supposed to be coming as DLC? What's with everyone trying to shoehorn it into the 3025 setting anyway

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eej posted:

So is the Raven supposed to be coming as DLC? What's with everyone trying to shoehorn it into the 3025 setting anyway

It's a cool birbmech!!

(Also the original raven was built 3024 so it's fine in 3025)

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

It's a cool birbmech!!

While I agree it's a cool mech, aren't we getting into "The Russians could have totally fielded the IS-3 before the end of ww2." territory? I think the 1st prototype was done by 3024, mass production didn't come until much later. I think the earliest it's seen in lore is 3028 during the 4th succession war because Liao was really desperate.

Dramicus fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 10, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Gwaihir posted:

It's a cool birbmech!!

I thought the original was supposed to be garbage until they found lostech to fix it.

In any case the best version of the Raven had cool black paint with red trim and a super sharp beak but was only found in MPBT3025 (again with the setting being too early...) but that game died such a fast death I can't even find the loadscreen with the burning Raven.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Eej posted:

I thought the original was supposed to be garbage until they found lostech to fix it.

In any case the best version of the Raven had cool black paint with red trim and a super sharp beak but was only found in MPBT3025 (again with the setting being too early...) but that game died such a fast death I can't even find the loadscreen with the burning Raven.

It's also a mech with Electronic Warfare components so it adds a potential new and unique tool to the game if it can show up. Yeah it sucks until the game techs up but its a unique mech and is an iconic Liao mech which is one of the big players on the boarder you are fighting on.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Star Man posted:

Someone just scoop up the myriad of licenses or whatever it takes to get MechWarrior 2 on Steam or GOG kthx ilu

It's too bad there hasn't been a source code release of Mechwarrior 2. It would be a fun game to mod. Also, none of the games since have quite nailed the Bitchin' Betty voice as well.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dramicus posted:

While I agree it's a cool mech, aren't we getting into "The Russians could have totally fielded the IS-3 before the end of ww2." territory? I think the 1st prototype was done by 3024, mass production didn't come until much later. I think the earliest it's seen in lore is 3028 during the 4th succession war because Liao was really desperate.

Or any of the Wargame:ALB/RD theory arguments that [piece of 90s technology] could have been fielded in the 80s if it needed to be

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

kingcom posted:

It's also a mech with Electronic Warfare components so it adds a potential new and unique tool to the game if it can show up. Yeah it sucks until the game techs up but its a unique mech and is an iconic Liao mech which is one of the big players on the boarder you are fighting on.

Its not in specifically because they haven't figured out a satisfying way to do E-War yet.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

It's too bad there hasn't been a source code release of Mechwarrior 2. It would be a fun game to mod. Also, none of the games since have quite nailed the Bitchin' Betty voice as well.

The Betty from MechWarrior Online is the woman from MechWarrior 2 reprising her role. I don't know how much of her sounding different is because they ran her voice through a filter for 2 and how much is because the quality of audio recording has increased since then, though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eej posted:

The 3024 version is garbage, yea, because it sucks up 7 tons on the ewar equipment to replicate 2.5 Tons of GECM and BAP.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its not in specifically because they haven't figured out a satisfying way to do E-War yet.

Yes, I know. I was responding to the person who asked:

Eej posted:

They were wondering why people want it in and I was saying why people wanted it in.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

:coolfish:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I swear to god I will make a lance of punchy bois and I will brawl to salvage supremecy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
How are you gonna do that if the Hatchetman isn't in

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Eej posted:

With enough Flamers to make Guy Fieri blush

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Crimson Skies logos

You are my favorite person right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll be perfectly honest, a 3025 mech roster without the macross Unseen is kind of depressing on the Heavy side so I hope they get brought in as, like, DLC or something

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

That blank shoulder pauldron screams for a Fortune Hunters logo. I haven't seen it on stream, but I hope unit emblems on 'Mechs makes the cut.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Xarbala posted:

I'll be perfectly honest, a 3025 mech roster without the macross Unseen is kind of depressing on the Heavy side so I hope they get brought in as, like, DLC or something

It's only a matter of time before someone mods in the gundams. Not even unseen, just actual gundams.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

It's only a matter of time before someone mods in the gundams. Not even unseen, just actual gundams.

How easy is will it be for them to mod in a space biome, though?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Eej posted:

Goddamn I hope they have a melee DLC with the Hatchetman/Axman/etc.

Let me give that one extremely punch Banshee a club too

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I really wish someone was streaming some more Battletech. :(

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde

Internet Explorer posted:

You'll most likely have to wait until we get closer to release.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SqM1VX2qlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Internet Explorer posted:

A guy called Sidestrafe has been streaming 9 hour chunks each day but he's honestly infuriating so I tapped out quite quickly even though I just had him on in the background. Extremely bad at the game and - unlike Cohh - unwilling to take any advice or learn. Suffers from analysis paralysis so a mission that took Cohh 30 minutes takes him literally 2 hours, with 5 minutes spent pondering each mech's movement at the start of the mission. Etc etc. But if you're really starved for Battletech Stream Content, knock yourself out:

https://www.twitch.tv/sidestrafe/videos/all