Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Panzer Dragoon Orta is available on Xbox One starting April 17. :homebrew:

Oh poo poo

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I said come in! posted:

I started on Ruiner tonight. I like the game so far. The art style is beautiful, and the cyberpunk setting is awesome. I am always a sucker for cyberpunk settings though. The sudden quick flashes of text and characters is really annoying though, and the pacing is a bit rough with too many cutscenes.

I would like to hear your opinion once you’re halfway through. I went from loving the game to despising it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time

That is my favorite original Xbox title next to Timesplitters 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm gonna be really brave and say it: Dragon Ball Z owns hard.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

Hell, you're right.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it wasn't mindblowing or anything but i liked Observer a lot and it's a shame that people apparently want more cyberpunk but slept on that game :(

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sam Fisher reveals he knews Solid Snake in the new Ghost Recon DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCvq-wj5ScY

Clancyverse/Kojimaverse are the same ‘verse!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's my skies of arcadia pc port sega!!!

I do wonder if we’ll get one eventually since Sega’s been on a PC port kick, but man I think SoA sold poorly every single time it’s seen a release despite being one of the best JRPGs ever, so I dunno if it’ll ever happen. :sigh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
skies of arcadia 3DS port would make a ton of sense, it would probably be rad as gently caress to turn the 3D on for sailing through the air

like come on the game already looks fine why is nobody doing this???

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

That is my favorite original Xbox title next to Timesplitters 2.

I do love me some timesplitters, 2 was great

I had it on ps2 tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The only things I would want in a skies port:

lower encounter rate (maybe as an option in the menu or something)
optional costumes (I wanna unlock and use the rad fina air pirate costume from the credits)
maybe toss in more discoveries if they feel like it since those aren't super tough to do
no matter what, keep that one part where moegi's voice clip goes "noooooooooooooooooo" but the text just reads "yes"

e: also make it mandatory to pick up a subcannon before hitting the recumen fight because the fact that it is so easy to not get one and potentially softlock is just the worst. My first time through the game I had to reload on that fight and the one immediately after sooooo many times because I didn't have a subcannon.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 11, 2018

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

it wasn't mindblowing or anything but i liked Observer a lot and it's a shame that people apparently want more cyberpunk but slept on that game :(

there were some sections that kind of sucked

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

The only things I would want in a skies port:

lower encounter rate (maybe as an option in the menu or something)
optional costumes (I wanna unlock and use the rad fina air pirate costume from the credits)

definitely these

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean if Crystalis can be rescued from the void for a new port (Switch's upcoming SNK 40th Anniversary Collection), anything is possible with Skies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean if Crystalis can be rescued from the void for a new port (Switch's upcoming SNK 40th Anniversary Collection), anything is possible with Skies

I know it's going to do my rosy nostalgia more harm than good but I cannot loving wait to see Crystalis in the non-pirated wild again :swoon:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No thanks

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

Crystalis

There's a name I haven't heard in years

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lol pwned scrub

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Kombuchaed.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Unrelated, the giant skeleton boss in Nioh sucks. It's not even that he was hard, it's just his gimmick was dull and the hitboxes on his attacks were so far from his attacks it just felt dumb and cheap. It doesn't help that he's so big that it's hard to read his moves very well, despite how slow he is. It still didn't take that long once I figured out what to do but I basically had no fun doing it.

Also unrelated: this is the most anime thread I follow and I just watched a few episodes of Pop Team Epic and have to ask...um...what?
Nice to know I'm not the only one. His attacks are readable because of the wind-ups but spammable and with some funky hitboxes or something that makes bad dodging easy. It's also a pain waiting for the right attack/enemy respawn if you need it. That said I still prefer that boss (which is one of the final roadblocks) to the postgame stuff which I'm almost done with now that I've gone back to it. I never even used Guardians until then!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

when i tried to run this thing i got about one frame a second, please troubleshoot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

when i tried to run this thing i got about one frame a second, please troubleshoot

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

PantsBandit posted:

I actually watched Super and now every time I see Goku I get an averse reaction.

But FighterZ owns

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dragonball owns

Dragonball Z owns

Yakuza owns

Dark Souls remastered is gonna own

This has been your daily update of "Japanese stuff that owns"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Go bowling and get three strikes in a row. I had my best luck with the ten pound ball, taking like two steps to the right, and aiming between the center pin and the one directly to its right.

just want to say i was skimming this thread and was amused at this post without context

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samuringa posted:

Xbox One X gets 19 new games into its backward compatibility program including :siren: Red Dead Redemption :siren:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/983848041911205889

To clarify, Red Dead Redemption has been Backwards Compatible for a while (they even reissued the 360 game in an Xbox One-style packaging several months ago), but the game running above 720p is what's new. Ditto for Portal 2 and Gears of War 2. The Xbox 1 games on Xbox One are all "weren't BC before", though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I want SSX3 on PS4...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Go bowling and get three strikes in a row. I had my best luck with the ten pound ball, taking like two steps to the right, and aiming between the center pin and the one directly to its right.

THIS TOOK OVER AN HOUR

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

THIS TOOK OVER AN HOUR

To be this good takes AGES...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

THIS TOOK OVER AN HOUR

Congratulations on your Nugget.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If Microsoft add Timesplitters 2 and/or 3 I will never say anything bad about the Xbox One again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well, a Bullet Witch (not to be confused with Bayonetta) remaster is not something I would have expected to happen.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 11, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't gently caress with a bullet witch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gun mages, bullet witches... japan is some weird, wild stuff

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

precision posted:

skies of arcadia 3DS port would make a ton of sense, it would probably be rad as gently caress to turn the 3D on for sailing through the air

like come on the game already looks fine why is nobody doing this???

That's a game I missed completely when it was new so a port to a newer system that I have (I ain't picky) would own very hard.

In theory I should love Skies of Arcadia. I love airships. I love settings that are all about floating islands and continents. I love JRPGs. So I should probably love Skies, right?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

skies of arcadia has too many random battles is my complaint. but i also only played up to either the red or green macguffin

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Such a slow day

I want to get snack from the vending machine but I've such a fat piece of garbage already that I need to stop. I should bring rice cakes or something and keep them in my desk (and then eat them all in one sitting)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have some rice cakes from 2015 that I could send to you.

(I don't think they're very good and rice cakes in general aren't really that healthy)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rice cakes should come packaged with a suicide prevention hotline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GTA4's 10-year anniversary is coming up, and apparently things are getting weird as some of the music licensing is expiring (mostly Vladivostok FM tunes) and Rockstar has to explicitly patch it out (and will be dropping new music in its place) towards the end of the month.

• Locked thread