Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

Ouch, bad news for anyone who was hoping the Origin series would go on to cover the entire OYW timeline (i.e. everyone), the latest trailer suggests that will not be happening.

At 0.54 or thereabouts the title card says "[Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin] anime series complete!" with the word used for complete specifically meaning completely finished (with no more to come).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icxi47U0y-o

Interestingly trailer 2 just said the Loum arc would be completed so perhaps something changed in the past few months? Either way genuinely disappointing if not fairly predictable.

I think we all expected this deep-down. It could just be, if they intend to do anything with the OYW, that they're gonna remake it as a proper 26/52-episode series rather than a multi-year set of OVA's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They also said that episode 4 would be the final OVA in its trailer but then Loum happened. At the least I hope they release the soundtrack because it's genuinely great hearing remastered versions of the groovy 0079 soundtrack.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 11, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

They also said that episode 4 would be the final OVA in its trailer but then Loum happened. At the least I hope they release the soundtrack because it's genuinely great hearing remastered versions of the groovy 0079 soundtrack.

Part of the reason I can't really see them continuing into the One-Year-War is just because it's their golden goose and cash cow. I think they'd go for something more immediately/continuously-bankable than an OVA every six-odd months over several years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Part of the reason I can't really see them continuing into the One-Year-War is just because it's their golden goose and cash cow. I think they'd go for something more immediately/continuously-bankable than an OVA every six-odd months over several years.

I'm going to wait and see. Bandai's Origin line and the Mobile Suit Discovery kits are pretty much a license to print money by building slight variations of existing suits and justifying updating kits to modern standards. Plus you've got the Gunpla Evolution Project and the Thunderbolt variants as well. They're not afraid to push into the OYW era, the way I see things. We're coming into another show lull. We've got Build Divers, Loum part 2, and then what? Thunderbolt season 3 hasn't been announced yet and Twilight Axis was an incoherent disaster. So I'll hold out hopes that something UC related is in the pipeline.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Finally, the time has come for Frozen Teardrop.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
2019 is the 40th anniversary of MSG, and the date they announced that they were going to make the full size Gundam walk, so a remake next year seems probable.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The life size RX-78-2 will light the 2020 Olympic torch with it's beam saber.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some plucky teenager will fall into the cockpit of the Gundam statue though, and we all know how that works out...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He'll evolve in to a human+ and win the Olympics?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Final Shot will light the Olympic torch

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I wouldn't mind an original series remake, but then it'd probably be followed up with a Zeta remake and no one wants that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If this next episode of Build Divers is decent I'll probably just suck it up and make the thread myself.

Now taking suggestions for thread titles.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Log On Stratos.

e: MM-Double-O Gundam.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There's already a thread for Build Divers though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

tsob posted:

There's already a thread for Build Divers though.
Link?

Caphi posted:

e: MM-Double-O Gundam.
poo poo, that's good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

Finally, the time has come for Frozen Teardrop.

I imagine the final seal holding Frozen Teardrop will be broken the very second the world gets covered in mushroom clouds.:smith:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hellioning posted:

a Zeta remake and no one wants that.

The movie redos were unnecessary enough

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Final Shot will light the Olympic torch

That would be the best thing ever and now I'm gonna be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Hellioning posted:

I wouldn't mind an original series remake, but then it'd probably be followed up with a Zeta remake and no one wants that.

I dunno, kamille pushing a crippled jerid down a mountain in modern animation could still work

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Allarion posted:

I dunno, kamille pushing a crippled jerid down a mountain in modern animation could still work

every time i watch this it still makes me laugh

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Allarion posted:

He threw that fucker down that mountain.

If it was anyone but Jerid, maybe he'd deserve some sympathy. But...it's Jerid so throw him down all the mountains.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I binge watched IBO over the last few days.

It was fantastic.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NikkolasKing posted:

He threw that fucker down that mountain.

If it was anyone but Jerid, maybe he'd deserve some sympathy. But...it's Jerid so throw him down all the mountains.

Dude had not one but two girlfriends killed by the monster that threw him down a cliff.

I'm not saying Jerid is sympathetic but...I kind of felt more sympathy for him than for most of the Zeta Gundam cast, Kamille included. In fact, Kamille especially.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jerid is a qt, but I will still laugh at his misery forever.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dude had not one but two girlfriends killed by the monster that threw him down a cliff.

I'm not saying Jerid is sympathetic but...I kind of felt more sympathy for him than for most of the Zeta Gundam cast, Kamille included. In fact, Kamille especially.

Did you forget that time that Jerid directly participated in causing Kamille's mom to die horribly via exposure to vacuum?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kanos posted:

Did you forget that time that Jerid directly participated in causing Kamille's mom to die horribly via exposure to vacuum?

Hey now, to be fair, he apologized for it and seemed sincere.

Shame he wasn't sincere enough to leave the Titans like Emma did but instead just redoubled his commitment to the group and all its evil. His remorse lasted about a minute.

Was it Jaburo when Jerid stole a car and abandoned all his comrades to be killed in an explosion? I remember that happening but the exact time I'm less sure of.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

NikkolasKing posted:

Hey now, to be fair, he apologized for it and seemed sincere.

Shame he wasn't sincere enough to leave the Titans like Emma did but instead just redoubled his commitment to the group and all its evil. His remorse lasted about a minute.

Was it Jaburo when Jerid stole a car and abandoned all his comrades to be killed in an explosion? I remember that happening but the exact time I'm less sure of.

Yup!

Kamille killed Jerid's girlfriends without knowing they were his girlfriends or because they jumped directly into his beam to save Jerid. Jerid didn't know Kamille's mum was in the capsule, but also he murdered Four on purpose because he's a poo poo. Jerid sucks and stinks and is a big jerk on the bad guy side. Kamille is a jerk on the good guy side.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nah don't worry, Four got killed by someone else in the movies

(I literally didn't realize she was killed for real because no one mentioned anything about her after that)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hellioning posted:

why not

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The only acceptable Zeta Gundam remake would be one where Kamille dies and the rest of the show is about Four.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sassassin posted:

I binge watched IBO over the last few days.

It was fantastic.
Which orphan did you think had the most iron in their blood?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

The only acceptable Zeta Gundam remake would be one where Kamille dies and the rest of the show is about Four.

one finger on the monkey's paw closes

a new gundam series is announced today titled zeta gundam fourever

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Snooze Cruise posted:

The only acceptable Zeta Gundam remake would be one where Kamille dies and the rest of the show is about Apolly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

Which orphan did you think had the most iron in their blood?

Total volume Akihiko, as a percentage clearly Mika.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The one thing that bothers me about the show is when they strip the disguise off Vidar, taking off dummy tanks etc. it becomes the much larger and more leggy Kimaris.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sassassin posted:

Total volume Akihiko, as a percentage clearly Mika.

Before or after getting run through by Dainsleifs and shot to hell in general?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Before or after getting run through by Dainsleifs and shot to hell in general?

Both.

Akihiko crimped the most annoying twat in the show post-dainsleifing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sassassin posted:

Both.

Akihiko crimped the most annoying twat in the show post-dainsleifing.

That is still one of the most satisfying villain deaths I've ever seen :allears:. He had it coming and he ran right into the Big Scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

sassassin posted:

The one thing that bothers me about the show is when they strip the disguise off Vidar, taking off dummy tanks etc. it becomes the much larger and more leggy Kimaris.

I mean, the Kimaris Vidar isn’t the Vidar with bits stripped off it. It’s Gaelio returning to his old fighting-style (with extras) after going on a sort of vision-quest to understand his old friend by trying to become him. McGillis goes for light, agile skirmishers, Gaelio goes for big, fast chargers. It makes sense that the KV would bulk up.

If you’re wondering why it’s taller than the Vidar despite sharing the same frame, that’s easy - it’s got bigger feet. Observe.