Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Burt Sexual posted:

I’d be interested in hearing more about this, but probably in the WWW3 thread. Why do Russians have “poo poo” engines.

Computer modeled fan blades. Our engine tech is just lightyears beyond theirs and their published claims on their engines are always a bit of bullshit. I have to kinda check myself here so i dont get all grognard but like whe. The chinese steal our tech like the f35 designs it didnt matter because they didnt gwt the engine design which is the crux of why it all works. Ive also heard even if they did straight up steel the instructions their manufacturing is not good enough to produce our results anyways. Materials science pr9bably plays a big role because they go for insane power to weight ratios and you cant really fake that stuff, if you get it wrong or cut a corner its gonna fall apart or just not perform to spec.

Also its just hilariously expensive i dont think anybody even wants to try to keep up and a more effective option for the money is probably a goon swarm of cessnas clouding the skys and dropping hand grenades out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

I’d be interested in hearing more about this, but probably in the WWW3 thread. Why do Russians have “poo poo” engines.

they dont... dont believe evertyhing you read on the boards burt sexual.... many goons are evil tricksters who want to fool you with lies

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Maneuvering will be important in a frooferaw like Syria because it will probably be a lot of close passes, cutting the other guy off and obscene gestures that need to be seen from not too far away (before the actual shooting starts, anyway).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dog Jones posted:

they dont... dont believe evertyhing you read on the boards burt sexual.... many goons are evil tricksters who want to fool you with lies

I didn’t say I believed it, I just want him to take it out of the lol thread!

Trollking
Sep 9, 2000

Pillbug

Power Khan posted:

It's really something to behold, this thing will greet him every time he'll look into a mirror.

Considering that’s the only way he’ll ever interact with humans again he should have had it written backwards

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Power Khan posted:

It's really something to behold, this thing will greet him every time he'll look into a mirror.

PMURT

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

Also its just hilariously expensive i dont think anybody even wants to try to keep up and a more effective option for the money is probably a goon swarm of cessnas clouding the skys and dropping hand grenades out the window.

I mean if we're being real drone warfare is an epic buttload more efficient for air superiority anyway.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Russia war plane best war planes! Engine never fall off and pilot usually survives!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

DogonCrook posted:

Computer modeled fan blades. Our engine tech is just lightyears beyond theirs and their published claims on their engines are always a bit of bullshit. I have to kinda check myself here so i dont get all grognard but like whe. The chinese steal our tech like the f35 designs it didnt matter because they didnt gwt the engine design which is the crux of why it all works. Ive also heard even if they did straight up steel the instructions their manufacturing is not good enough to produce our results anyways. Materials science pr9bably plays a big role because they go for insane power to weight ratios and you cant really fake that stuff, if you get it wrong or cut a corner its gonna fall apart or just not perform to spec.

yea they're using like, applied crystallography in the manufacturing of the turbine blades in the engine, it's loving crazy complex.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

same, except horny

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DogonCrook posted:

Jesus this post has as many typos as your red letter text.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Clark Nova posted:

At least they made Trump so smoothed-out and generic that he can be transformed into some other fat old white man when the tattoo becomes impolitic

The art happens when the skin whiters and gets yellow, that's when it turns into am authentic depiction of the prez.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

DogonCrook posted:

Also its just hilariously expensive [the f-35 program]

it's impossible to not understate how loving expensive this poo poo was. so just for clarification if people don't know, the f-35 program has cost so far something like 1.5 trillion, trillion with a T. for a single fighter jet program (yes I know it has a handful of different versions for different branches/uses).

but, like, 1.5 trillion dollars. just lol. take a fraction of that, keep our existing and proven aircraft going like 2-3 more decades, take the res and, solve, I don't know, LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM FACING THIS COUNTRY for like the next 25-50 years, and you would still probably have money left over

or just give the 1.5 trillion to elon musk so he could build his human battery/rape farm on mars by 2025

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

The us doesnt even teach dogfighting anymore. Our engines and planes are so insanely dominant we take the fight vertical where they cant keep up and shed all their energy. Theres no turn fighting for us planes.

DogonCrook posted:

settle down Grover

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Burt Sexual posted:

I didn’t say I believed it, I just want him to take it out of the lol thread!

Lol and then i made another post. I didnt pick up on your sarcasm and served up another so i hope your goddamned happy burt.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Power Khan posted:

Permanently disfiguring my face to own the libs...

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tumble posted:

yea they're using like, applied crystallography in the manufacturing of the turbine blades in the engine, it's loving crazy complex.

*main lockheed scientist guy caught charging his crystals with a craiglist dude*

Wait! This is actually applied crystallography for... it's for the fan blades ok, god.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Power Khan posted:

The art happens when the skin whiters and gets yellow, that's when it turns into am authentic depiction of the prez.

They could’ve just tattooed a blonde toupee over their butthole and then it wouldn’t have needed forty years of weathering

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dog Jones posted:

the f35 will lose speed when its vertical in many circumstances, depending on its payloud and how much fuel it has... even an f35 with no weapons / equipment on it that has 100% fuel has a thrust to weight ratio < 1... its even slower and shitter when it has missiles and junk on it of course...

there are lots of potential adversary aircraft that have this capabiliy, and even have better performance with a loadout on the plane...

id be surprised if the maximum pitch angle of the f35 allowed for vertical flight anyway... probably the engine falls off the if you do that

DJT: GENERALS! LAUNCH THE PLANE THAT LOOKS LIKE A PENIS TO BOMB SYRIA!

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

drat sounds impressive, hopefully there is some room in the budget left to stork proof those bad boys.

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

DogonCrook posted:

Computer modeled fan blades. Our engine tech is just lightyears beyond theirs and their published claims on their engines are always a bit of bullshit.
Yes, and as you say metallurgy. We have just scienced better.

Fake edit: watching a news show and some Syrian guy was asked who he thinks was responsible for the chemical attack. "Helicopters came. Dropped four barrel bombs with chemicals. Whoever has helicopters is responsible."

drat, civilians need to be able to identify aircraft, would be good to know if it was an Mi-24 or an AH-64, you know?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
turkey obviously did it

i have no evidence it is just the armenian in me talking i guess

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I bet it was the damnable Huns

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

This is gay

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

the milk machine posted:

I bet it was the damnable Huns

The 7 o'clock gas express-zeppelin from Berlin.

Hey, wait! Didn't Trump want to sell those to the Saudi by waving this stupid board with the photos?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

im gay

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I’m like 100 pages behind, sorry if a repost. He sent this out (again) today..

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
The newsroom, more like the boos-room

Because it is a bad show, see

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Dr.Caligari posted:

I’m like 100 pages behind, sorry if a repost. He sent this out (again) today..

Nope, pretty sure the target is you, pissbaby.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

I didn't mean gay in the good and cool way, I meant it in the Aaron Sorkin political drama show that dummies think is realistic, especially the part where a guy does cool pwns with logic way.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lmfao the pussy grabbin is finally mattering. Yo Aliens the universe is lagging.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday and urged him to do nothing to destabilise Syria.

Netanyahu told Putin that Israel would press a campaign to prevent Iran’s military entrenchment in Syria, his office said.

Syria, Iran and Russia say Israel was behind an air strike on a Syrian air base on Monday that killed seven Iranian military personnel, something Israel has neither confirmed nor denied.

In the telephone call, Putin told Netanyahu that it was important to respect Syria’s sovereignty, according to a statement on the Kremlin’s web site.

In its statement on the conversation, Netanyahu’s office said: “The prime minister reiterated that Israel will not allow Iran to establish a military presence in Syria.”

storms abrewwin, better check all the hatches and co2 scrubbers, ayeap

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

it keeps getting better

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/984135946336694275?s=20

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/984169321118257153?s=20

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Spewing poorly spelled nonsense to own the libs.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Dog Jones posted:

drat sounds impressive, hopefully there is some room in the budget left to stork proof those bad boys.

woah buddy do you think this trillion-dollar f35 budget can just afford to throw money around all willy-nilly!??!?! they aren't made of money ya know

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cohen has already flipped hasnt he?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jel Shaker posted:

Cohen has already flipped hasnt he?

It seems obvious, but what else other than some sex tapes is there to flip on

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
another bigly bombing in the syrian desert is going to be an even wetter fart than last years and it will wont even be a distant memory by this monday.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
but if you somehow manage to start a nuclear war, gently caress you americans, because you're condemning me to die sober!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pajser posted:

but if you somehow manage to start a nuclear war, gently caress you americans, because you're condemning me to die sober!

the travel time of a nuclear missle is roughly mach 3, so you got an hour and change. do it up!