Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It'll be the Doman Enclave

Thinking on it now, that actually makes a lot of sense. It would be interesting to have a "beast tribe" that isn't a traditional "beast" tribe. Working to rebuild the Doman Enclave through crafting quests would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tangents posted:

Really wish the glamour system was better, I'd be loving with it nonstop. I'm a bit spoiled by wow's mog system, but stuff like the glamour chest being a completely separate system with very limited space, and not being able to use items out of your saddlebag/retainers makes experimenting too difficult for me to bother. Really feels like it's a system built around pre-planning an outfit with like an online tool instead of just trying stuff on.

Anyway, here's what I got

Can't you store an item once you've used an old-style glamour prism to dupe its appearance onto something? Like you do have to have it on hand but it doesn't have to live in your bags afterwards, I thought.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You don't even have to own the item after it's been glamoured, though obviously it's best to keep it around or have easy ways to reclaim if it you want to glamour it again later. I do that with stuff like the class sets or the makai gear or other things you can grab from the calamity scavenger, spending the extra 1000 gil or whatever to re-buy it each time is better than wasting the inventory space.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also the best catgirls are boy catgirls.

Even if I think I have gone somewhere around 130% anime.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The glamour commode is pretty much a working beta at this point, but I think its clear they're gonna fully replace the old system with it eventually. Its mostly better just needs some tweaks and a bit more development, needs to be isearch compatible and have to increase the size of it and number of plates first and foremost.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I hope they let you retrieve an item from it before they get rid of the old glamour system entirely.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

OH GOD

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

phone version of ff14 shaping up to be a monster

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
uh so I've done all the quests in The Churning Mists and I still don't have the Moogle tribe?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

pupuru posted:

uh so I've done all the quests in The Churning Mists and I still don't have the Moogle tribe?

Did you do the sidequest chain that starts in Ishgard where they explore the other half of churning mists?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Vitamean posted:

I hope they let you retrieve an item from it before they get rid of the old glamour system entirely.
I don't think they'll ever do that, but hopefully they just make the storage big enough that you can just put everything you have in it and not worry.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Roegadames you say?
This was my character up until a couple of weeks ago:

Don't worry, I stayed with Roegadame.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I haven't made a roegadame yet aside from my retainer. She needs lots of work before she gets to be pretty. I saw the chance to make my character a hyur a selkie cosplay from Crystal Chronicles and ran with it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I haven't made a roegadame yet aside from my retainer. She needs lots of work before she gets to be pretty. I saw the chance to make my character a hyur a selkie cosplay from Crystal Chronicles and ran with it.

All my retainers are roegadames. I imagine they are girl gang that beats up and steals from other retainers and spends 99% of their time lounging around my house.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

TheHeadSage posted:

Elf club is the best club.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Oh sweet i love the post images of your char part of the thread cycle

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TheHeadSage posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Shere posted:

It's this. For the longest time SMN and SCH teetered back and forth on balance passes because so many of their skills were just class-shared. You couldn't buff, say, Bio I without giving that buff to both.

This is straight up bullshit tho, because their summon skills worked differently from day 1 and they diverged further in pvp after a while iirc. There was nothing stopping them from giving smn +100 potency on ruin 1 if they wanted to, they just chose not to.

The experiment never failed, they just decided they don't want to give people 2 classes for the price of leveling one.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

TheHeadSage posted:

:hai:

this is art

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 12, 2018

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

:popeye:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Vadoc posted:

I need to get back into glamouring outfits again.

I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but that's an incredibly nice-looking Roe. So good job! :toot:

TheHeadSage posted:

:yeah:

Taking the opportunity to post some old pictures that I'm fond of.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Some pice pics of my small, cat-eared roe:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I've been known to enjoy /gpose from time to time, here are a couple of my favorites that I still haven't changed because they're damned good.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I miss my Roegadame, but it's so hard to find good BLM glams for them. I look like I should be shoving nerds into lockers, not hanging out and wearing their LARPing robes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Asimo posted:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I miss my Roegadame, but it's so hard to find good BLM glams for them. I look like I should be shoving nerds into lockers, not hanging out and wearing their LARPing robes.

Yeah, but the big bads always used to tower over everybody else even when they were wizards. Embrace your inner final boss, dude.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

this is good

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Some lovely Roes, everyone. Thank you.

death to elves

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

For some reason I've started playing DRG a lot.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Just be a really tall magician.

I know i'm a RDM shut up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Some lovely Roes, everyone. Thank you.

death to elves

Don't bully.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How hard will it be for me to get the Welkin hat from being just after The Ultimate Weapon.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gestalt Illusion posted:

Just be a really tall magician.

I know i'm a RDM shut up.

you can't fool me that's just bayonetta

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Elf Bullying Real Hahahaha Giraffe Just Get A Fantasia Like Elf Open Your Eyes Haha

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How hard will it be for me to get the Welkin hat from being just after The Ultimate Weapon.

There are 100 quests between The Ultimate Weapon and the start of the Heavensward expansion, at which point you can unlock the Astrologian job. Then you'll have to level it up to 60 and acquire a very small amount of centurio seals from daily/weekly hunt targets in expansion zones to buyget the Antiquated Welkin Hat from your 60 quest, which is Astrologian-only. A few poetics centurio seals spent will let you upgrade it into the dyable version.

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 12, 2018

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

been trying to hook shonisaurus for two weeks now and i'm about ready to murder someone

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

There are 100 quests between The Ultimate Weapon and the start of the Heavensward expansion, at which point you can unlock the Astrologian job. Then you'll have to level it up to 60 and acquire a very small amount of centurio seals from daily/weekly hunt targets in expansion zones to buy the Antiquated Welkin Hat, which is Astrologian-only. A few poetics spent will let you upgrade it into the dyable version.

You get the antiquated gear from your level 60 job quest nowadays, so they just need to hit level 60 on AST and do the quest. If they want the dyable version, they need 50 centurio seals for the illuminati gobtwine that upgrades the hat.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

orcane posted:

You get the antiquated gear from your level 60 job quest nowadays, so they just need to hit level 60 on AST and do the quest. If they want the dyable version, they need 50 centurio seals for the illuminati gobtwine that upgrades the hat.

poo poo, really? Shows how out of touch I am, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Asimo posted:

Even if I think I have gone somewhere around 130% anime.

May need to work on your upkeep. Dipping below 200% anime is unacceptable.