Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In my e3 dreams, 5 kirby games are announced including Kirby's Blowout Blast 2 and Dream Land 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

In my e3 dreams, 5 kirby games are announced including Kirby's Blowout Blast 2 and Dream Land 4

Kirby vs Pokemon Pinball ftw

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

they made me sign an NDA in the dream

Did you see what Retro is doing?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

Kirby vs Pokemon Pinball ftw

Kirby's Avalanche vs. Pokemon Puzzle League

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

*Checks notes* Your mom

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kirby's dream course vs. mario golf

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kirby's dream course with a mario golf GBA style rpg campaign actually sounds insanely loving good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Working on the Fire Pack

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

kirby's dream course with a mario golf GBA style rpg campaign actually sounds insanely loving good

Kirby is already powerful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

KDC doesn't need stats because it's not really a golf game, it's a puzzle game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

they're working on the successor to tropical freeze obviously.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I’ve gotten a little farther in Color Splash. The writing continues to be pretty charming. The Gamepad gimmicks in battle are unbearable, but at least they give you a setting that lets you use the buttons instead. It being on a console instead of the 3DS lets them give everything that nice material texturing like Woolly World/Epic Yarn. Coloring in the world tickles my normal brain in a satisfying way.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

kirby 64 is dream land 4 :twisted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This E3 we’ll finally get virtual console games on Switch. I believe in Big N.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

I just finished pikmin 2 again and it was great. Best pikmin game for sure

I really felt that 1 was a perfect pikmin game. I didn’t like the greater focus on combat in 2, huge battles were rare in one so the build up felt really significant.

It was charming in its simplicity and I feel each subsequent game is worse. I know this is generally a bad opinion.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

I really felt that 1 was a perfect pikmin game. I didn’t like the greater focus on combat in 2, huge battles were rare in one so the build up felt really significant.

It was charming in its simplicity and I feel each subsequent game is worse. I know this is generally a bad opinion.

I agree with you actually. I felt like 1 had a lot more exploration to it, which was so much of what made the games great, whereas 2 had the dungeons that got kind of stale after a while and much more combat, and 3 split you up between 3 leaders and like 5 different types of pikmin which was just a little too much micromanagement for my tiny console-playing brain

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

3 started to feel really overwhelming with managing multiple leaders and all the pikmin types and then it just ended, with all the real meat of the game reserved for optional bonus levels. 2 can kind of drag especially with the later dungeons that were difficult in the most tedious way (whoops i wasn't paying attention for a moment and lost my reds, guess i have to restart this 50-floor cave) but i gues its great for people who wanted a lot of fighting.

1 is just a perfect little idea executed really well. it's kind of simple and easy once you know what to do but then it's really fun to dash through quickly and theres even bonus encounters that reward skilled quick play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoy the dungeons in 2, and I would like a game that's an expansion of the trials/co-op mode in that which was just a dungeon with a set amount of Pikmin, where you have to do score runs based on speeedy completion, pikmin survived and treasure obtained. Having the time limit above and not in dungeons made the game feel split between two very different designs.

3 is cool as just a gonzo version of 1 and I love the control scheme but it's definitely not as classic as the first. I'm looking forward to whatever they do with 4

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
all the pikmins are good, except hey pikmin. 2's my favorite

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fungah! posted:

I never played this before Snes Classic and holy poo poo this game is insanely good

Then I started looking at the tutorials and there's even more I could have been doing with trick shots and stuff

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I agree with you actually. I felt like 1 had a lot more exploration to it, which was so much of what made the games great, whereas 2 had the dungeons that got kind of stale after a while and much more combat, and 3 split you up between 3 leaders and like 5 different types of pikmin which was just a little too much micromanagement for my tiny console-playing brain

This is exactly why I never beat 3. Reminded me too much of IRL work.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like 3 a lot but it could have used another area or two

I'm grateful it's a series Miyamoto keeps bringing back even though he probably shouldn't, like Starfox, and that he doesn't gently caress with it for no reason, unlike Starfox

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

didn’t he say Pikmin 4 was finished years ago

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

the puppet show version he made to amuse himself was completed, the programmers are still working on the video game conversion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have beaten 3 in one sitting on multiple occasions. It's like popcorn to me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

the puppet show version he made to amuse himself was completed, the programmers are still working on the video game conversion
The man's a loving genius.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

there should be a The Sorrow style boss battle in pikmin with all the little guys you sacrificed for monetary gain

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

there should be a The Sorrow style boss battle in pikmin with all the little guys you sacrificed for monetary gain

Captain Olimar walking through a hospital, shaking hands with all the Pikmin he threw into the mouth of Bulborbs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spoderman posted:

Captain Olimar walking through a hospital, shaking hands with all the Pikmin he threw into the mouth of Bulborbs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spoderman posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spoderman posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spoderman posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

codenameFANGIO posted:

"very close to completion" in 2015, "I was told not to talk about it but it's still happening" last year

he did the same thing with Pikmin 3, I think he announces them way before they're ready just so they don't get cancelled

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Spoderman posted:

I won't scatter your ashes to the distant spring.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

elf help book posted:

We've had yarn Yoshi and clay Kirby, why not puppet Pikmin? Even retains the phonetic alliteration thing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

We've had yarn Yoshi and clay Kirby, why not puppet Pikmin? Even retains the phonetic alliteration thing.

They should just make pikmin costumes for the Star Fox Muppets

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How was that 2D Pikmin platformer on 3DS, anyway?