Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Sixty episodes later and someone finally work out they can add monster parts to magic to make it not terrible. Then they go ahead and make some tier 1 Thunder with ginger and call it a day.

I love this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
This LP makes me look back at Star Ocean 5 and think that maybe I was a bit I was definitely harsh with my criticism of it.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Bandunk comes back and a big bad guy gets grand slammed into the distance in the 11th hour of an LP?

:eyepop:

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Calihan posted:

Sixty episodes later and someone finally work out they can add monster parts to magic to make it not terrible. Then they go ahead and make some tier 1 Thunder with ginger and call it a day.

I love this LP.

Thanks I love you too

In fact I love all of you

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Calihan posted:

I love this LP.

They'd been doing it on an off, it's more that they haven't been using magic very much anyway I think. Especially since it doesn't seem to be a good idea to use it, why the hell does it have friendly fire?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Momomo posted:

They'd been doing it on an off, it's more that they haven't been using magic very much anyway I think. Especially since it doesn't seem to be a good idea to use it, why the hell does it have friendly fire?

The friendly fire isn't that much, but everyone overacts it and staggers dramatically.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, is that brace on Noctis' leg because his father had a limp and the developers were just too drat lazy to fix up the model?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Gorilla Salad posted:

So, is that brace on Noctis' leg because his father had a limp and the developers were just too drat lazy to fix up the model?

Ceremonial armour and pops just happened to be old and limping, so the story went after launch but who knows.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nah, I'm going to call bullshit on them for that.

I mean, look at this thing:

I've worn leg braces, and that's a leg brace.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Considering the amount of times Noctis falls over I'm glad he's showing to be suffering from a bum leg. It's about all the character development we can expect at this point.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Nah, I'm going to call bullshit on them for that.

I mean, look at this thing:

I've worn leg braces, and that's a leg brace.

Dad had a leg brace, but Noctis's version just has the fancy kneepad and not the brace parts.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just some knee strapping with a big lump of metal on it.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
What, you guys have never worn a purely decorative leg brace?

(King Regis' design is a big improvement over the last time Nomura tried to design a character with a disability but Noctis wearing the brace [edit: or I guess just part of it?] to look more like his dad is just nonsense.)

Kaasen fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 13, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Gruckles posted:

Dad had a leg brace, but Noctis's version just has the fancy kneepad and not the brace parts.

You're right.

I found some better close ups of Noctis' king gear and they lack the leg brace part.

Still looks bloody stupid, though.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

Kaasen posted:

What, you guys have never worn a purely decorative leg brace?

(King Regis' design is a big improvement over the last time Nomura tried to design a character with a disability but Noctis wearing the brace to look more like his dad is just nonsense.)

Considering the real subject of Noctis's grief I'd be more inclined to believe 'wearing metal to look more like his car'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Squarely Circle posted:

Considering the real subject of Noctis's grief I'd be more inclined to believe 'wearing metal to look more like his car'

:eyepop:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I actually have an off topic question for Ryan or Benson and it only just now occurred to me well after all the conversations about hats and Mike being back for these last episodes.

Whatever happened to the wolf hat you guys got during New Vegas?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:iceburn: UPDATE :iceburn:

Episode 61: Fire and Ice: The Thermomix

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Noct uselessly flailing away at the ankles of his first challenging opponent until he gets bailed out by his summon pals really shows how far he's come as both a prince and a warrior after spending a decade powering up in that crystal oval office. :what:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
The game is going to get good soon, right?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Zoe posted:

Yes, just wait until the world opens up

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

Whatever happened to the wolf hat you guys got during New Vegas?

last i knew Mike had it

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
I won't say why I'm hyped for the next episode, but I know it's gonna be worth it.

Prompto's terrible photography skills will finally come to a head.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

Lt. Conquistador posted:

I won't say why I'm hyped for the next episode, but I know it's gonna be worth it.

Prompto's terrible photography skills will finally come to a head.

I hope they chose the correct picture.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zoe posted:

It ends. That's good.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Going to lol heartily if not a single elixer is used in the final battle.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They have absolutely no idea how to convey, using gameplay, what they want to be happening in this game, do they?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That sure was a climactic battle where you spent most of your time missing because Noctis really hated the space between that guy's legs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I had to go check after that fight.

"Summon by holding L2 until the summon appears"

In other words, stand there with your dick swinging in the wind while the enemy shits on your head.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Uhmm how does the city looks so clean and even still have the lights up after 10 years?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

This is a great LP that I'm starting, but...... how many episodes before the guys learn to sprint?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

They'll learn it for a while then forget about it entirely.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Billzasilver posted:

This is a great LP that I'm starting, but...... how many episodes before the guys learn to sprint?

You can sprint in this game?!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Palladium posted:

Uhmm how does the city looks so clean and even still have the lights up after 10 years?

Don't nitpick holes this grand masterpiece of a game. I've never been as immersed as the fight with fire dude where I have no clue what was going on or why we are fighting him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I know who he is and why we're fighting him because it was awkwardly exposited in an add-on scene that wasn't in the original game because they apparently straight forgot to actually say who he is, what are you talking about.

I like how this guy is supposed to be a huge, major, important antagonist, a rogue god gone The Devil, and he just silently sits there then does silly kung-fu dodges while on fire. It is a perfect metaphor for this game's approach to plot and characterization.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I thought he got killed from the star plague three hundred years ago. What caused him to stop killing humans and just start chilling with hobo dude then?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cutscene budget.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I thought he got killed from the star plague three hundred years ago. What caused him to stop killing humans and just start chilling with hobo dude then?

I think the extra scene where we find out Ifrit was boning Shiva said he wanted to kill all humans, the other Gods said no, and they may or may not have just banished him to the shadow realm until Emperor Hobo broke him out?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Honestly I thought just having him there worked better than trying to tie him into the plot. Like, normally Noctis would have met Ifrit and tried to get him on his side, but Ardyn just got to him first instead. Adding that exposition with Shiva just made it dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
people like this game

• Locked thread