Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gary Shambling asking people if they want tea made me crack up for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
"Cheapy Peepy" made me laugh harder and harder every time they said it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Although this episode is starting off with a bunch of sucking off Elon Musk. :(

The "music for dogs" is a Billy Joel song. Or maybe Beethoven.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 12, 2018

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

prefect posted:

Although this episode is starting off with a bunch of sucking off Elon Musk. :(

No it isn't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love Cheapy Peepy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/TheBigKowalski/status/961661285279596556

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Schrab's Wes Craven story was loving hilarious.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I would love to see Spencer to turn their Pathfinder game into Dogs in the Vineyard. I like the idea of it but I feel like they would be better served by a game that doesn't have a ton of crunch attached to it.

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I was sad when it looked like they wouldn't get to d&d, but I almost crashed my car during Schrab's reenactment of the iPad story. I think Jeff's keening laughter in the background is what sent me over the edge.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

https://twitter.com/RobSchrab/status/966066546224189440
I love those hashtags.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/RobSchrab/status/970860625969610752

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I feel like the moment D&D got bad was way back when Spencer stopped using real dice and started using an app. And Dan's drunken bougie ramblings suck. Yeah our country is broken and the empire is collapsing maybe it's neoliberalism? No it's not says dan, here's Dan's circling thoughts that have no conclusion for 30 minutes

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 9, 2018

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

NGL, I wish they would figure out the permits already and get the audience back. Dan spirals into way fewer Danholes that way. I don't even care about the cringey audience members. Hell, they make it more fun.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
No audience this week, but we get Rob Schrab and butt stuff, so it's a top-notch episode. :newlol:

Also Jeff found a sound board.

Kevin Smith is a big fan of Rob Schrab's! :neckbeard:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 12, 2018

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

prefect posted:

Jeff found a sound board.

Zzzzzzzip!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Finally catching up. I started from the beginning in November and listened at 1.5x speed at work. Only a couple episodes behind now but caught up enough to finish the thread.

The podcast is better without the audience.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I kinda want the audience back just as a check to some of Dan's rants. I definitely don't miss awkward randos taking the stage though.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

No audience and no Jeff results in some lovely and long rants.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
No audience and no Dan and I might actually stop skipping episodes

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Has there ever been an episode without Dan? It seems unlikely but I'm not a proper Harmontown scholar and haven't watched every episode so.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I took it all in across 4 months. There is no episode without Dan.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hairy Schrab is weirding me out.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
That's the real mummy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Holy poo poo, the lights are having an effect on Church's makeup. She looks like she's fresh off the set of Goldfinger.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What kind of audience do they have during these studio episodes? I hear them occasionally.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It sounds like it's the crew and whoever happens to be hanging around. I like it because it reminds me of old episodes of Talk Soup, though I wouldn't mind a full crowd, once in a while. Maybe get Kumail and Adam Goldberg to hassle each other, for old times' sake.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I listened to all the episodes in just a few months and the show improved without the audience.

Now if they just get rid of Steve Levy it'd be perfect. He's like a 15 year old trying to hang out with the big boys.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 10, 2018

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zesty posted:

I listened to all the episodes in just a few months and the show improved without the audience.

Now if they just get rid of Steve Levy it'd be perfect. He's like a 15 year old trying to hang out with the big boys.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/983456929795145728

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Zesty posted:

They should split the podcast into two different hour long podcasts. One where Dan can rant and awkwardly interview people for an hour and one that's just Schrab/Dan/Jeff improv-ing. D&D is no longer needed.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Brocktoon posted:

They should split the podcast into two different hour long podcasts. One where Dan can rant and awkwardly interview people for an hour and one that's just Schrab/Dan/Jeff improv-ing. D&D is no longer needed.

He has a racism podcast, so part 1 of the plan is done.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Dan has no emotional ability to deal with anything. Dog sick? Well it's because vets are serial killers with 2 year associates degrees. Give me options for the dogs care? You aren't empathic enough. Try to empathize with me by relating a similar story (since this poo poo happens to every pet owner)? DONT YOU THINK IVE HEARD THIS poo poo ALREADY?!?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drunkboxer posted:

Dan has no emotional ability to deal with anything. Dog sick? Well it's because vets are serial killers with 2 year associates degrees. Give me options for the dogs care? You aren't empathic enough. Try to empathize with me by relating a similar story (since this poo poo happens to every pet owner)? DONT YOU THINK IVE HEARD THIS poo poo ALREADY?!?

Yeah, he's a broke-brain lunatic. Are you new to the podcast?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

Being fair, this last round was hilariously egregious. I mean, I get it, but :shrug:

Also, I miss Spencer's old version of DMing. And I could live without another recap or description featuring the phrase 'oh man.'

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Old Boot posted:

Being fair, this last round was hilariously egregious. I mean, I get it, but :shrug:

Also, I miss Spencer's old version of DMing. And I could live without another recap or description featuring the phrase 'oh man.'

At this point I'm mostly listening out of habit.
If they could routinely do 30 minutes of DnD I would care way more. Spencer is just sleeping through the whole thing and it's bumming me out

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, I'm back on Harmontown hiatus the last few were just bad. When Beloved National Treasure and Known Cheapy Peepy Rob Schrab can't even make the podcast entertaining it's time for another break.

Also their current D&D game is so hosed up they should just give it up and start a new one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also their current D&D game is so hosed up they should just give it up and start a new one.
Is getting Patchens' Jewel back even the whole story arc or have they hosed up that bad because I swear that was the first task they were given and they still haven't managed to do it. I just turn off the last 30 minutes at this point and switch over to Dragon Friends for DND goofs.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

caligulamprey posted:

Is getting Patchens' Jewel back even the whole story arc or have they hosed up that bad because I swear that was the first task they were given and they still haven't managed to do it. I just turn off the last 30 minutes at this point and switch over to Dragon Friends for DND goofs.

That's like complete off the rails gently caress up 3 out of 5 so far. The party is all like "we're going to accost, kidnap and torture the influential NPC as he is pooping cause of his coat" and Spencer is either too high or too over this poo poo to put any effort into making up stuff on the fly. Not that I really blame him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Lately I've been having a hard time getting through the "I need 165 million dollars to lay in bed and eat pizza, oh btw I bought a gun, Elon Musk is actually good" rants. He's still funny eventually but it's a loving chore getting past the prepared topics part of the podcast.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Protip: Listen to Harmontown in the background, not the foreground. It makes the rants and bad D&D disappear while you still get to bask in Cheapy Peepy madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Dan Harmon sucks and shouldn't have a podcast anymore. I like his TV shows. Jeff & Schrab & Spencer need to impeach