Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I've seen some dumbass poo poo in the gym but some dude today was sitting on a barbell in the rack. Like I'm sure the barbell can handle it but why would you do that?

It's great to think that when im squatting the bar it might have had this morons butt all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my gym has a Bitcoin ATM now.

also, outside on the community bulletin board is a "ADDICTED TO COCAINE?" tearoff trial treatment ad.

gettin a little bougie up in this bitch

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

also, outside on the community bulletin board is a "ADDICTED TO COCAINE?" tearoff trial treatment ad.

Gentrification is real.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How many are torn off

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Chinatown posted:

Leave the Crossfit gym.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Can't be a crossfit gym. There is no mention of a rhabdo the clown poster.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

hemale in pain posted:

I've seen some dumbass poo poo in the gym but some dude today was sitting on a barbell in the rack. Like I'm sure the barbell can handle it but why would you do that?

It's great to think that when im squatting the bar it might have had this morons butt all over it.

don't doxx me

Second, if noone else is using the rack (my gym has three rather large cages in a row, each with an internal lifting section and racks/safeties on the outside part for a total of six lifting spots) and I'm tired I'm putting my booty sweat all over a barbell at the right height

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Curse you :argh:

My knee is achey from Squats. I've been Squatting for years and never had any knee pain. Dear God am I getting old?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

hemale in pain posted:

I sometimes use a bar on the safeties to roll out my hamstrings, especially at the top near the glute ham tie in.

So not only has my rear end been on that bar, but also my dick and balls.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

gently caress people who can't count by fives and get the god drat dumbbells in the right place on the rack, the 70s do NOT go next to the 15s you retard.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MA-Horus posted:

I'm jealous of you dudes with strong stable shoulders. Rugby wrecked my shoulders pretty bad from wrenching and dislocations...and my ankles, and my brain too

What up garbage shoulder buddy :hfive:

As per the thread's suggestions I've started doing supersets of dead hangs once or twice a week during my workouts and I'm using a broomstick sans broom head to do a set of 15 shoulder dislocations daily, regardless of whether or not I'm working out that day. feelsgoodman

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Defiant Sally posted:

I sometimes use a bar on the safeties to roll out my hamstrings, especially at the top near the glute ham tie in.

So not only has my rear end been on that bar, but also my dick and balls.

Hmmm im okay with this

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

When no one is looking, i like to put the entire barbell inside my rear end and let it stew in there until it's good and ready to be put back

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
just the tip or like

all seven feet of it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flared (45lb) base

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Chief McHeath posted:

gently caress people who can't count by fives and get the god drat dumbbells in the right place on the rack, the 70s do NOT go next to the 15s you retard.

At my gym, Saturday is leave poo poo wherever you want day. Every bar has weights. Every floor space has weights. A bench is next to a treadmill for some reason, and there are only 3 other people in the gym at 11am.

Those early risers really tear poo poo up.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

hemale in pain posted:

Curse you :argh:

My knee is achey from Squats. I've been Squatting for years and never had any knee pain. Dear God am I getting old?

Collagen helped my knee and joint pains in general a lot. Get some supp that has both type 1 and 2.

Getting back on the roll after my recent rib popping, my fat rear end managed a new DL PR of 190 kg (no belt).
I really hoped to hit 200 kg by the end of last year, but dealing with an undiagnosed celiac disease for most of it and some other minor crap, I'm relatively happy to be even at this point.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So is Celiac's major crap?

And grats on the PR.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
My weight gain is loving out of control. Up to 116kg tonight before dinner. Was 113kg 3 days ago. Even with fluctuation thats still a lot?!?! 6 kilos in the last month.

If anyone wants to gain weight fast without resorting to junk food i have the perfect thing. gently caress.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

bamhand posted:

And grats on the PR.

It could be a lot worse. But giving up beer was tough. The specially made ones are often not very good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sludge Tank posted:

My weight gain is loving out of control. Up to 116kg tonight before dinner. Was 113kg 3 days ago. Even with fluctuation thats still a lot?!?! 6 kilos in the last month.

If anyone wants to gain weight fast without resorting to junk food i have the perfect thing. gently caress.

salami?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Metanaut posted:

Collagen helped my knee and joint pains in general a lot. Get some supp that has both type 1 and 2.

Getting back on the roll after my recent rib popping, my fat rear end managed a new DL PR of 190 kg (no belt).
I really hoped to hit 200 kg by the end of last year, but dealing with an undiagnosed celiac disease for most of it and some other minor crap, I'm relatively happy to be even at this point.

I can only count in 45lb plates, how many is that

It’s a real issue in my daily life

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
200 kilos is like 4 and a quarter plates.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

bamhand posted:

On each side? That’s legit

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The Ferret King posted:

At my gym, Saturday is leave poo poo wherever you want day. Every bar has weights. Every floor space has weights. A bench is next to a treadmill for some reason, and there are only 3 other people in the gym at 11am.

Those early risers really tear poo poo up.

We've got all that plus mountains of chalk in questionable places (really, the ellipticals?)

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

4 and a half

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Welp, fell off my bike and it landed on my knee. No more cool lifts for me for the next month or two.

Stay in the gym. It's safe there.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

On each side? That’s legit

A plate is 20 kilos or 45 pounds. There's your conversion.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

Welp, fell off my bike and it landed on my knee. No more cool lifts for me for the next month or two.

Stay in the gym. It's safe there.

this is why i always work out with several layers of foam taped around my entire body. it takes a long time to get fitted, but it's worth it for the safety

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Somfin posted:

A plate is 20 kilos or 45 pounds. There's your conversion.

Those numbers aren't the same.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

LordArgh posted:

this is why i always work out with several layers of foam taped around my entire body. it takes a long time to get fitted, but it's worth it for the safety

I just use my massive muscles as protection from the outside world

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Lifting weights is super safe and not really an athletic activity

If your only physical activity is lifting weights, you're probably a giant pussy

I say this from personal experience, I started playing flag football

Over the past two weeks I've practiced running routes for about an hour twice, and played about 10 downs in a game

My legs haven't stopped hurting, I'm not fat either

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
same but paintball. i go a few times a year and i can barely walk the next day.

its great.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Those numbers aren't the same.

Welcome to the gym, where numbers don't make fuckin' sense.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

God help me. I havent been to the gym in a year. My DOMs penance shall be great.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Yeah, I lift weights five times a week, and my quads are more sore after a body pump class my wife asked me to attend with her yesterday than after doing multiple sets of heavy squats.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

bamhand posted:

And grats on the PR.

I started having occasional digestive issues in summer 2016, got worse and worse during 2017. By the summer I was taking medicine for constant stomach pain, diarrhea and throwing up every morning, in the end even the meds couldn't keep the pain away.
Finally got the diagnosis in august and switching to gluten free diet immediately the symptoms slowly went away in couple of months.

I'd say that was pretty lovely to go through.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Injury update. I went to the minor injuries clinic and they sent me to A&E but my knee is fine and not fractured. My knee cap is just pointing in a weird direction due to swelling. Woooo.

I'm glad there's a sports therapy place near my house with someone who coaches power lifting. If I've done some lame rear end ligament damage or whatever I can go there :)

Apparently there's like a bit of bone floating in my knee from a previous fracture which I didn't know about though. Bodies suck.

Metanaut posted:

I started having occasional digestive issues in summer 2016, got worse and worse during 2017. By the summer I was taking medicine for constant stomach pain, diarrhea and throwing up every morning, in the end even the meds couldn't keep the pain away.
Finally got the diagnosis in august and switching to gluten free diet immediately the symptoms slowly went away in couple of months.

I'd say that was pretty lovely to go through.

Not as bad as what you have by any measure but I had lactose intolerance which gave me real bad stomach pain in the night. No diarrhoea or anything. Took me months to figure out what was wrong with me.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 14, 2018

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Chinatown posted:

same but paintball. i go a few times a year and i can barely walk the next day.

its great.

I have the same problem, I tend to forget I’m not 16 anymore and slide way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I dropped my wife off at work this morning (8 EST) and saw a dude running one way down Broadway bright and early. "cool guy that Mr. Runner, good for you"

I came home, had breakfast and then decided to take the kiddo to the farmers market (about 9:30 EST) and saw the same guy running back the other way. "Wow Mr. Runner, really going for gold today!"

Left the market, did some grocery shopping, driving home and I see him running back in his original direction (11 EST). "Jesus christ dude just run faster and you'll get tired quicker"