Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

jabby posted:

I'm hoping for big things in May.

Me too. A big knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TomViolence posted:

The Welsh will be allowed to die through neglect while the Scots are weaponised to recolonise Ireland.

Bring some whiskey, Buckfast, and free Celtic/Ranger tops, and you could loving convert most of Ireland like a Ages of Empire Monk.

WOOLOOOYEBASTIDS

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

kustomkarkommando posted:

One of the most outspoken BNP loving English thumbs I ever met was highly complimentary of Wales because it was the correct amount of White

Once the language has been double-tapped of course

Gotta speak Englisch in Englandandwales

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

The local services in question (Or rather, the main one brought up at the time) was the planned closure of children's daycare centres across multiple boroughs of the Medway towns, and replace them with a single daycare centre to serve the entire Medway area, which it won't because it can't possible service that many kids and many parents won't have the means or time to travel there as Medway's quite a big area.

I see - I've never really looked that close at the actions of the local council, other than the vague feeling that they were probably poo poo. Yeah, that's some seriously skewed priorities; sodding fireworks over closing daycare centres.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/985244146733547522

round two?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Given the nature of the target it could be Israel continuing to pop Iranian hardware.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Me too. A big knife.

PS this is all satire, my dear MI6 watchdog

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Since we've just had buses in the headlines thanks to Corbyn I've decided it's relevant to piss and moan about Stagecoach and their dire service. Prices went up at the start of the month, (from £6.35 to £6.80 for a 10 mile ride that takes about 50 minutes) and now they are releasing a new timetable. There will now be no buses leaving Inverness between 5:50pm until 9pm. Which means if your job ends at 6pm you're stuck in a dead town with nothing to do for 3 hours. loving geniuses.

Nationalise these cunts so quick that it hurts.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

WOOLOOOYEBASTIDS
This needs to either be the May title or the ScotPol title.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pochoclo posted:

PS this is all satire, my dear MI6 watchdog

:golfclap:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

There's going to be a lot of really confused hobby-nazis out there tonight

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/985180625656254464

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

TheRat posted:

There's going to be a lot of really confused hobby-nazis out there tonight

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/985180625656254464

liquidise the replies and shoot them into my veins

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The replies to that are an unending stream of nonsense posts that I assume are being tweeted in from a parallel dimension.

Tell me, does anyone in this country actually believe that certain parts of it are "no-go" zones where whites or christians get assaulted on sight? They're just pretending to believe that because it suits their weird agenda, right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean if you never go outside of your village I guess maybe you might think that?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

People really are that monstrously stupid, I'm afraid.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pound_Coin posted:

liquidise the replies and shoot them into my veins

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Not Operator posted:

The replies to that are an unending stream of nonsense posts that I assume are being tweeted in from a parallel dimension.

Tell me, does anyone in this country actually believe that certain parts of it are "no-go" zones where whites or christians get assaulted on sight? They're just pretending to believe that because it suits their weird agenda, right?

I said it before, but when I was in Detroit in 2016, there was a religious public access TV show which said that large parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester were not only no-go zones but also under Sharia Law. And these people were deadly serious

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

OwlFancier posted:

I mean if you never go outside of your village I guess maybe you might think that?

Reminder that one of the best predictors of negative attitudes to minorities is living in places you never see any of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I said it before, but when I was in Detroit in 2016, there was a religious public access TV show which said that large parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester were not only no-go zones but also under Sharia Law. And these people were deadly serious

I mean Fox claimed that on national TV so yes obviously idiot Americans think that but it becomes harder to imagine the kind of isolation from, like, the fairly small country you live in, required to believe it in the UK.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
According to gammon-men all over the UK, I live under Sharia Law and I cannot go out of my house for fear of being stabbed or get acid thrown on my face, here in the dark heart of Al-Londonistan

It's mostly tabloid readers for some strange reason. I wonder where they get these ideas

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/985267233084633089

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lol, that's Onion headline worthy.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Rats on a sinking ship methinks

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Mandatory reading for those who keep calling Greenwald a Trump and/or Russian stooge:

Regardless of his opinions on Trump and Russia (he’s wrong), the fact that he regularly appears on Fox News to agree about stuff for them is an unforgivable crime. He’s a fascism enabler.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 14, 2018

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Since we've just had buses in the headlines thanks to Corbyn I've decided it's relevant to piss and moan about Stagecoach and their dire service. Prices went up at the start of the month, (from £6.35 to £6.80 for a 10 mile ride that takes about 50 minutes) and now they are releasing a new timetable. There will now be no buses leaving Inverness between 5:50pm until 9pm. Which means if your job ends at 6pm you're stuck in a dead town with nothing to do for 3 hours. loving geniuses.

Nationalise these cunts so quick that it hurts.

I just spent a couple of weeks in Chile and, while they sadly don't seem to have bothered maintaining their rail network (the best way to travel), their intercity coach services are to be admired.
To the point where this goon - who had previously never managed more than a few minutes of shut-eye in either a car, bus, train or plane in his life - got several hours sleep on a 700km overnight journey.
That journey cost me about £14.

So yeah, nationalise all bus companies.
[edit]
Not that those coach companies are nationalised, mind you

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 14, 2018

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ronya posted:

i dunno mate, i'm a cosmopolitan overeducated ethnic, this doesn't historically have the best popularity on the far left either. We vary between "acceptable losses" and "capitalist stooges".

this is an exceptional claim that I feel needs some form of explanation

like I mean the prime example of such a person these days is Dianne Abbott, although I guess your fetishisation of women as a political commodity might lead you to dismiss her on this basis

or is this your suggestion that this thread's lukewarm response to Sadiq Khan is proof of a racially patriarchal complex

quote:

i am in any case broadly skeptical of the framework where liberalism is responsible for the far right -- rather, paramilitary political violence and confrontation favours the success of reactionary forces.

*eyes slide over to the EPP enabling the overt fascism of Hungary and Poland in order to maintain their control in the EU parliament, eyes slip and fall onto the recent history of Blair/Cameron pushing Islamophobia in order to bolster their Big Strong Statesman appeal*

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This one stings a bit

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/985282660384768001

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Could be worse I suppose? Was expecting Labour to be a lot lower, but still tying with the Cons regardless of all the attacks lately isn't terrible at least?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No but you see if they had the other Milliband at the helm they’d be 20 point clear :suicide:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Lol, that's Onion headline worthy.

Why? 12 months from now we'll have left the EU, what then will be the point of a party whose manifesto is "Get Britain out of the EU"?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jedit posted:

Why? 12 months from now we'll have left the EU, what then will be the point of a party whose manifesto is "Get Britain out of the EU"?

Then it'll be "Get rid of the Remoaners who are talking Britane down and sabotaging Are Brexit"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Because after all their other problems keeping any leader other than Farage for more than a few months, "UKIP's leader announces plans to quit on day he is confirmed" is an amusing headline.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Four polls today (Survation, Opinium, ComRes and YouGov), and they all have Labour and the Tories tied on 40% apart from ComRes which have it 41%/40% to Labour.

It's weird to see the polls so in sync. Strange coincidence, or have people been fiddling with their methods?

Either way, I'll take equal footing after a solid month of attacks on Corbyn, especially considering the government took a significantly unpopular decision right after these polls were done.

Also considering that Labour is set to clean up in the May elections, and nothing succeeds like success.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

have people been fiddling with their methods?
I assume that's what pollsters do when their partners are out of the house.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ms Adequate posted:

Then it'll be "Get rid of the Remoaners who are talking Britane down and sabotaging Are Brexit"

And the shirts will get darker. Unlike the population.

Anyway, nationalize all public transport, free at point of use.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Looking at the tables for that Survation poll, Labour still have a lot of work to do energising the youth vote.

Only 26% of 18-25s say they would definitely vote, compared to nearly 70% of over 65s.

jabby fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 15, 2018

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's difficult to do really without any government investment in it. And obviously the government doesn't want people to know how it works or why it's important to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Looking at the tables for that Survation poll, Labour still have a lot of work to do energising the youth vote.

Only 26% of 18-25s say they would definitely vote, compared to nearly 70% of over 65%.

Wasn’t it the 25-35s who Labour really lit a fire under last time?

• Locked thread