Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

She's playable. I suspect the design team would prefer not to touch her at all aside from a few cosmetic buffs/number shifts because of how potentially insane a strong Lissandra could be. Her major niche (survivable short-ranged battle mage) is largely occupied by new Swain as it is.

It makes me sad because her E is one of the coolest skills in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

yeah she's hanging out with fiddles and ivern and Elise in the im sad why doesnt anyone pick me corner

I've been playing jungle/support Fiddle, he's actually good right now (and rocking a 52%+ winrate in both roles). You still can get punished by invades but he feels good to play for sure. I guess that group is less about champion strength to be fair, but people should play more Fiddle!

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hey its your favorite old diamond now bad goon Daunte Vicknabb here, I need a clash team, any clash team, as bad or as good as it comes, and I will play any role. My IGN is Honus Swagner.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Wow Karthus is really good right now

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

have you seen my baby posted:

Wow Karthus is really good right now

how are you building him? people are starting to ban Galio from me

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

how are you building him? people are starting to ban Galio from me

RoA into Morellonomicon usually. AoE grievous wounds with E is really good. Catalyst -> Tear -> RoA -> Archangels also works well if you just want to scale

You can run Ultimate Hat and and Presence of Mind and have ult on a really, really short cooldown

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ultimate Hat + Presence of Mind seems to be great on quite a lot of dudes, honestly. Karthus, Lux, Malphite, etc. Pretty much anyone whose ult is most of the reason you pick them.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Shortest Path posted:

Ultimate Hat + Presence of Mind seems to be great on quite a lot of dudes, honestly. Karthus, Lux, Malphite, etc. Pretty much anyone whose ult is most of the reason you pick them.

Presence of Mind/Ultimate Hat on Conquerer Yorick for one hundred percent Maiden uptime :getin:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

On Karthus, I also like Last Stand. You get 12% + full dmg on your ult if you ult in passive. Coup de Grace is good for execute but last stand will do more dmg to non low champions as well.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ulio posted:

On Karthus, I also like Last Stand. You get 12% + full dmg on your ult if you ult in passive. Coup de Grace is good for execute but last stand will do more dmg to non low champions as well.

Wait, Last Stand works with Karthus passive?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is lolking.net still the generally best agreed upon site for decent champ guides?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I use OP.GG, there's also Lolalytics and Champion.gg but I forget which one of those is an rear end in a top hat about adblock.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

njsykora posted:

I use OP.GG, there's also Lolalytics and Champion.gg but I forget which one of those is an rear end in a top hat about adblock.

It's lolalytics.com I think but they've had the best info for me

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who was the other goon who played AP Malphite a lot? He's loads of fun right now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Who was the other goon who played AP Malphite a lot? He's loads of fun right now.

the mid to late game cd on his ult is pretty dumb rn

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Monathin posted:

Wait, Last Stand works with Karthus passive?

Ya it works. Whenever I take it and q in my passive the dmg is insane. Also I just searched last stand + karthus many people confirmed it works even riot employees.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean your health is below 60% so why wouldn't it work?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Aside from Malphite and Karthus, what other champs are great with Prescence of Mind?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Svensken posted:

Aside from Malphite and Karthus, what other champs are great with Prescence of Mind?

Kassadin is always good with Presence of Mind. Normally if you get a kill you are probably low on mana because of multiple ult usage. Refunding the mana + ult means you can takeover fights easily.

Only time you shouldn't go presence of mind is if you are going Sorcery/Resolve. In some lanes you want the resolve resistances because you will be farming a lot under turret and getting harassed.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Despite our team going 1-1 yesterday in games that weren't remotely close, Clash seems really fun. The process of scouting, drafting, and planning a real teamcomp is cool and so different from normal solo queue.

edit: in the game that we stomped, here's verv getting all bummed out that he didn't even get to really do anything in a teamfight https://plays.tv/video/5ad1a3495fb34ce47e/okay-well-thats-thats-over?from=user

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 14, 2018

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How is the Safari Caitlyn skin? I just snagged a shard out of a chest and even though I play a fair bit of Caitlyn I don't have any of her skins.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Svensken posted:

Lux. Maybe Warwick for shits and giggles?

Probably most supports too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Svensken posted:

any mana-based champion with a very useful ultimate with a long cooldown and no inherent reset ability.

twisted fate, malz, taliyah, can all make it work

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It seems strong enough right now that honestly you should look at it for anyone who

a) uses mana
b) isn't an assassin or ADC (they usually take Triumph)
c) has an ultimate

and b probably has a few exceptions too.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 14, 2018

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

kingcobweb posted:

Despite our team going 1-1 yesterday in games that weren't remotely close, Clash seems really fun. The process of scouting, drafting, and planning a real teamcomp is cool and so different from normal solo queue.

Did the level of play seem pretty balanced in your tier? It seems like tier 1 is v high level, but tier 2 apparently extends all the way to plat 5 which seems like it could be a p large range. I've really gotta play the next time this comes up, drat.

Definitely agree on organized play being more fun, some of my favorite league games were playing in the collegiate league and getting to get the occasional upset vs masters / high diamond teams thanks to lucky drafting and working real hard on team play. V glad they're finally bringing tourneys in client.

foutre fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 14, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Arcturas posted:

How is the Safari Caitlyn skin? I just snagged a shard out of a chest and even though I play a fair bit of Caitlyn I don't have any of her skins.

I think it's one of her classier skins and I like that it doesn't have as much (busy) stuff going on as Headhunter or Pulsefire. It's a shame that it no longer has the old loading screen art.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
loving the last stand karthus

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

foutre posted:

Did the level of play seem pretty balanced in your tier? It seems like tier 1 is v high level, but tier 2 apparently extends all the way to plat 5 which seems like it could be a p large range. I've really gotta play the next time this comes up, drat.

Definitely agree on organized play being more fun, some of my favorite league games were playing in the collegiate league and getting to get the occasional upset vs masters / high diamond teams thanks to lucky drafting and working real hard on team play. V glad they're finally bringing tourneys in client.

It wasn’t balanced. The first team was four silver/golds and a diamond and we took their bot tower before nine minutes, the second team had a “silver 3” Vayne that was smurfing and played diamond+ caliber.

E: the screen said we were tier 3 in one place and tier 2 in another place and matched us with a tier 2

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 14, 2018

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Arcturas posted:

I use it because it doesn't have a silly hat... That's about it, looks like a normal person not a steampunk larp.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How's tristana for a starting ADC? She's cheap in BE and I'm still not 100% sold on dropping money on the game yet.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Erdricks posted:

How's tristana for a starting ADC? She's cheap in BE and I'm still not 100% sold on dropping money on the game yet.

I'm not very good at the game but Tristana is a solid pickup. She is pretty often a tier 1 or 2 pick in pro play.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

njsykora posted:

I mean your health is below 60% so why wouldn't it work?

You're talking about a game where red side Rumble inexplicably did less damage than blue side for a while.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Erdricks posted:

you can get her free if you follow their... youtube, I think?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

curiousCat posted:

Trist + Riot Girl skin from Riot's facebook (google riot girl trist for exact details).

Dreadknight Garen skin from Riot's twitter

formerly Alistar + Unchained skin from youtube. That doesnt work anymore, but you can get it by asking via support ticket, they have a bot for it.

edit:

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202083184-Promotional-Content-Free-Swag-

There's a link from this support page to generate a skin code for Ali, so no need for ticket.

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 15, 2018

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

curiousCat posted:

the Riot Tristana skin I believe comes with it

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Me! It's very good now, with the "new" runes. I don't even run PoM necessarily.

I go Comet -> Ultimate Hat -> Absolute Focus -> Scorch and usually either Cheap Shot or Sudden Impact plus Eyeball Collection for maximum burst

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Mash posted:

Me! It's very good now, with the "new" runes. I don't even run PoM necessarily.

I go Comet -> Ultimate Hat -> Absolute Focus -> Scorch and usually either Cheap Shot or Sudden Impact plus Eyeball Collection for maximum burst

Are there any lane matchups you have a lot of trouble with? Zoe seems to be basically my worst enemy but I haven't run into too much trouble with anyone else in particular, though I've laned against a lot of mediocre people so that isn't really saying much of anything unfortunately.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Melee champs are generally worse, as they have the stats to survive your initial burst and then kill you. I got creamed by a Diana at one point.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Today is tied for the longest I've gone without playing league of legends in over 7 years. The last time I went 40 days without playing league was summer two years ago when went I travelled for work for 40 days in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
shut the gently caress up