Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Metanaut posted:

I started having occasional digestive issues in summer 2016, got worse and worse during 2017. By the summer I was taking medicine for constant stomach pain, diarrhea and throwing up every morning, in the end even the meds couldn't keep the pain away.
Finally got the diagnosis in august and switching to gluten free diet immediately the symptoms slowly went away in couple of months.

I'd say that was pretty lovely to go through.

It was a poop joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Amazing revelations itt that doing something your body isn't used to will make you sore the next day. Truly astonishing stuff.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Long shot but if any of you idiots wants a job as a personal trainer in downtown L.A. I know someone looking.

Do @me

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I worked out at a gym yesterday in New York that was basically an instagram set and it was wild. Great facilities and great people that work there but they no poo poo have people in there filming poo poo for celebrity insta stories every second of the day it seems

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Time posted:

I worked out at a gym yesterday in New York that was basically an instagram set and it was wild. Great facilities and great people that work there but they no poo poo have people in there filming poo poo for celebrity insta stories every second of the day it seems

Dear God

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Various basketball players who didn’t make the playoffs were there and instagram models were trying to get their attention by doing the most lewd version of every possible exercise

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Watching a new trainer teach a teenager lovely deadlift form. Poor kid is gonna be in trouble when he hits 3 plates!

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I survived going to the gym and lifting things that were heavy for me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did a 100 kettlebell suitcase and goblet squats a few days ago after not doing any for a few months, 3 day DOMS, feels good. :11tea:

As my foot hurt while doing them, I contemplated Aragorn, and Jesus. They both suffered hardship and pain but kept going anyway. Just a little tip for you guys in case a work out feels hard.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 14, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Apprentice Dick posted:

I have the same problem, I tend to forget I’m not 16 anymore and slide way too much.

"just gonna slide into this smooth bunker"

*knees asplode*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bacontotem posted:

I survived going to the gym and lifting things that were heavy for me.

DOMs revenge countdown begins.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

doverhog posted:

As my foot hurt while doing them, I contemplated Aragorn, and Jesus. They both suffered hardship and pain but kept going anyway. Just a little tip for you guys in case a work out feels hard.

Fuel your lifts with unquenchable rage

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

It's the Lord's most holy day. Sunday, aka Deadlift day. I'm already jello and can't wait for the DOMs.

Zil posted:

DOMs revenge countdown begins.

Not as bad as I expected. I failed to lift enough.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Bacontotem posted:

It's the Lord's most holy day. Sunday, aka Deadlift day.

Is this is actually a thing? I did have to wait unusually long for a platform today.

But I got it eventually, which keeps me on track for my ridiculous and arbitrary goal of 5x420 by 4/20.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the lord rested on the seventh day, you heathens

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

LordArgh posted:

the lord rested on the seventh day, you heathens

:confused: you European or something? Sunday is the first day.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

"remember the Sabbath and keep it holy: cardio and posing practice only."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ruff Ryders Anthem is an aural steroid. prove me wrong.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://youtu.be/X_GT1MREo18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_GT1MREo18

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Vargatron posted:

Just like all of Hatebreeds back catalogue

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Vargatron posted:

While I personally think that song is some limpdicked garbage (heard it like a billion times in the high school weight room), I will allow different strokes for different folks

This is my deadlifting jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBngZL0gfec

Put it on right before you walk onto the platform. When it kicks at :20 you're ready to throw the weight through the ceiling

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

is tehre any hard metal without those garbage metal voices like in the clip above. It sounds like a retarded kid wailing

I like the music but I think I only like the instrumentals

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

How much growly vocals can you handle my man?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Omnikin posted:

While I personally think that song is some limpdicked garbage (heard it like a billion times in the high school weight room), I will allow different strokes for different folks

Put it on right before you walk onto the platform. When it kicks at :20 you're ready to throw the weight through the ceiling

*adds to playlist*

Thats some good poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I lift to NPR :shobon:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Fartbox posted:

is tehre any hard metal without those garbage metal voices like in the clip above. It sounds like a retarded kid wailing

You leave Katherine "Kat" Katz out of this

She's my favorite wailer

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

Omnikin posted:

This poo poo is good and i'm gonna destroy my chest while listening to these guys.

Post your favorite gym tunes ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_orreQYQdY

This is my curl song.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I hit my last squat pr listening to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXQSBWO5Qc

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Lift to Chapo, BBC and Al Jazeera. Gotta get PUMPED at the state of this country and da earth.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

KyloWinter posted:

Lift to Chapo, BBC and Al Jazeera. Gotta get PUMPED at the state of this country and da earth.
lol cum town, bitch. get PUMPED at the state of sucking your dad’s tiny dick

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Mike Duncan podcasts are where it's at

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlAEoGoNOGA

and here's something for the non growly guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5AH0RRvMSc

maybe more stoner rock than metal but whatever it owns

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 17, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Highschoolers doing ridiculous karate and flying kicks on the bag will never not be funny.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
White Zombie's La Sexorcisto is my usual go to album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyGeS6E3ac

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Deadlifting to thousands of deaths during the French revolutionary wars.
Metal.

Also I've been injured and out of the gym so long that squatting 225 5x5 was tiring.
I'm so weak.
I'm also going to the doctor and pushing for an x ray on my ankle because I'm pretty sure it's fractured. But if i don't finally get back to the gym now I will become a fat slob.
So.
Priorities.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If you want to test yourself you should lift in complete silence, like a meditating monk

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
If i ever find a god drat gym that doesn't play music, i do that. I like it, I guess I'm a serial killer or something.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm looking the best I ever did, but I am so god drat weak. I can't wait until this cut is finaly done and I can get on a reaaally slow bulk.

Being totally gassed after the 3rd heavy rep on bench sucks balls. <:mad:>

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If i ever find a god drat gym that doesn't play music, i do that. I like it, I guess I'm a serial killer or something.

Play the whitenoise playlist on spotify.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

if the guitar at the beginning of every HOR episode doesnt get you amped i dunno what to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I'm better at OHP without a belt than with one, at least for reps. It's either because the belt prevents me from breathing well and staying tight, or because it prevents me from being as dynamic with my hips and lower back to get under the bar