Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol if you curse out any team but your own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Why can't I do both?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All NFL teams are equally scum in the eyes of Rinaldo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you think it melts beams, seek other teams

loving lmao

Coldforge posted:

Is it better to put the emphasis on the first word, or the second?

"loving Rams."
"loving RAMS."

So conflicted.

It's just not there, dude, no need to force it. Maybe it'll come more naturally if both teams are performing well and fighting to win the division.

pizza valentine posted:

The NFC West is going to be so much fun next year.

Couldn't agree more. It's been my favorite division for a long time, but the way it's heating up right now is really exciting. Even if the Seahawks and Cardinals may go through a down season this year, they'll be back. The future is bright

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

burn down LA and everything in it imo
also santa clara

like that?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'd also piss on the ashes but you're getting it

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Imma pull a LWB/AAC right now and predict that the Seahawks make the playoffs next year, despite their stupid moves in the offseason.

I'm a true RWB Believer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If you failed a drug test, move up to the northwest

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did your WR sodomize your wife? Time to move on with your life.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Imma pull a LWB/AAC right now and predict that the Seahawks make the playoffs next year, despite their stupid moves in the offseason.

I'm a true RWB Believer.

I mean, okay, but our offense is almost literally Wilson, Baldwin, and a bunch of JAGs or worse, and Brian Schottenheimer is our OC. We could seriously have a bottom 3 offense next season

I don't begrudge you for optimism but you should hedge your bets if you're gonna make any kind of positive prediction

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm confident every time we win i'll be all "hawks, bitch", and then when we lose I'll talk about The End of an Era.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

algebra testes posted:

I'm confident every time we win i'll be all "hawks, bitch", and then when we lose I'll talk about The End of an Era.

For 49ers fans, it was "Lost Opportunities."

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Is CJ Anderson a decent running back? Asking for a friend.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benny the Snake posted:

Are you friends with John Schneider?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I can neither confirm nor deny.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

I think decent is a perfect word for him. Not too quick but real meaty and low to the ground, good after contact. I think last season he had his first 1k yard rushing season, but they were riding him hard due to the problems in the team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/985989596235358214
:rip:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Malik come play DE for the Rams

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

Malik come play DE for the Rams

You must be joking, the guy would literally kill himself if he played for the Rams.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-rams-golf-carts-20170731-story.html
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000823392/article/seahawks-rookie-malik-mcdowell-in-vehicular-accident

quote:

McVay, the Rams' new coach, has equipped all of his players with wheels.

It's a departure from last year, when Rams players mostly relied on a bus, bicycles or their feet to get around the nearly 1,500-acre campus during a six-week stay.

To lessen the load on players' legs during this year's three-week stay, the Rams distributed about 50 golf carts.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It's California, partner with Tesla and get autonomous golf carts or something

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Ah yes, the famously injury averse Tesla motors. The place where when asked why they weren't clearly marking shop floor danger areas where workers are regularly maimed the CEO replied "well I don't like the color yellow" lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Wasn't it the Rams in Hard Knocks where two players had bought this little three wheeled roadster thing and flipped it right on top of one of the guys? And this took place on camera and right after the head coach warned them that they better not injure themselves with their conveyances

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ah yes, the famously injury averse Tesla motors. The place where when asked why they weren't clearly marking shop floor danger areas where workers are regularly maimed the CEO replied "well I don't like the color yellow" lmao

Well I mean he's going to be playing football and riding around in a self-driving cart not working in an american sweatshop/factory

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

Wasn't it the Rams in Hard Knocks where two players had bought this little three wheeled roadster thing and flipped it right on top of one of the guys? And this took place on camera and right after the head coach warned them that they better not injure themselves with their conveyances

Yes, that's the first line of the first article I linked.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

DariusLikewise posted:

Well I mean he's going to be playing football and riding around in a self-driving cart not working in an american sweatshop/factory

Yeah i just wanted to shoehorn that poo poo in 🤷‍♂️

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Yes, that's the first line of the first article I linked.

That was a great scene, I strongly disagree with distributing safe, boring golf carts. Institute football darwinism and give out souped up ATVs, dirt bikes and sand buggies only imo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah i just wanted to shoehorn that poo poo in 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I loving hate Tesla and Elon Musk, but if it allows us to steal talented players from the Seahawks...

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Sad story overall. Poor dude got so close to living his dream. Hope his brains heal well. Though just out him on IR if you think another team will clear him

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah I loving hate Tesla and Elon Musk, but if it allows us to steal talented players from the Seahawks...

He's probably pretty talented but also his skull must be cracked in a billion places and playing football might actually jeopardize his life. I'm having a hard time understanding how another team is going to see something different than Seattle's medical staff, especially since it's a head trauma thing. Gotta imagine the NFL will pay close attention to this situation (lol no they won't they dont care if these guys go brain dead.)

Wear a helmet, god drat.

The upshot is that the 49ers wasted their first round pick on a dummy too so that's alright I guess.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 17, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lamarcus Joyner signed his franchise tag instead of trying to seek a long term deal. Moving that dude from CB to free safety was such a good move. Very excited to see this new Rams defense next season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never ride an ATV for fun ever

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's pretty astounding to imagine that, even with modern medicine and some of the stuff players have recently come back from (see: Jimmy Graham), he is unlikely to ever play a single down. That must have been a horrific accident, but I'm not sure we'll ever have the full details.

e: thinking about it some more, it's pretty astounding that we have as few details about the accident/injury as we do, what with all the insiders, information, and leaks that happen on a pretty regular basis

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 17, 2018

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Manoueverable posted:

I mean, okay, but our offense is almost literally Wilson, Baldwin, and a bunch of JAGs or worse, and Brian Schottenheimer is our OC. We could seriously have a bottom 3 offense next season

I don't begrudge you for optimism but you should hedge your bets if you're gonna make any kind of positive prediction

I'm wrapping my optimism in like 7 layers of irony. Who knows how I really feel!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Handsome James has upgraded.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

I'm wrapping my optimism in like 7 layers of irony. Who knows how I really feel!

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Politics, sports; where does this madness end? :ohdear:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Its Rinaldo posted:

Never ride an ATV for fun ever

I saw a man die right in front of me on an atv in mexico. I was like 11.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Schwack posted:

The upshot is that the 49ers wasted their first round pick on a dummy too so that's alright I guess.

At least we got a season's play out of our dummy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

At least we got a season's play out of our dummy.

10 games is a season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

warcrimes posted:

10 games is a season?

Our season only lasted five games so kinda.

• Locked thread