Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Palpek posted:

I meant the 30-year-old spineless fuckwit who can't stand up to his parents, stand up for his fiancee, gets defensive when called out on it and in the end asks like a little baby "tell me what to do to make it right". The stripper part is funny but it's peanuts.

Yeah 100% agreed the dude is a complete doormat and the lady expands on that in the comments. It's not in the original post but some of the way that she writes about him it seems slightly controlling so perhaps they are a good match. Like this one:

quote:

That is not something I am even remotely worried about. Fiance is an internalizer. He is more likely to practice self harm than do anything violent towards me.

When I said he was driving more aggressively, it meant driving like a teenage boy with a sports car - passing on the right, changing lanes without a turn signal, going 10mph over the speed limit. Stuff that is an annoyance to me, but also something that many people do. That is his "normal" way of driving. He usually forces himself to be more cautious when I am in the car just to appease me.

He turned up the radio and drove his "norm" to let off steam. We did discuss this during our talk and it has been established as an out right deal breaker going forward.

I just found the comments about her being incensed that he went to a strip club in the past to be a funny aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

JaneError posted:

Me [28M] with my fiance [26F] of 7 years. She's on a "solo" trip and I can't find any evidence she paid for a hotel or plane ticket. Now her crossfit "partner" is also gone but no one knows where. Any possibility they aren't together?

Subsequent edit to that post:

quote:

Edit: so someone who asked to be remain nameless in PMs suggested I text her and say “hey hope all is going well I did CrossFit yesterday and ran into Dr. Bob says to tell you hello.” So I did exactly that and waited for maybe 15 minutes and she texted back: hmmmmm I don’t think it was Dr. Bob because you’re not gonna believe this but I actually ran into Dr. Bob here in Jamaica! Life is so Random sometimes! He staying across the property so I don’t expect to see him that much so please don’t worry… Having a great time!

I’m really loving sad.

LMFAO

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL poor chub

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Yeah whoever suggested that text is loving clever

also thread was nuked after edit :rip:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Theophany posted:

LMFAO

drat that's p. fuckin' cold. Lady is a hosed up piece of garbage.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah whoever suggested that text is loving clever

also thread was nuked after edit :rip:

Another goon suggested it was a cuck fetish post, which might explain it. But tbh, I just want to believe.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Since today's theme seems to be strippers

My brother (33/M) is letting his stripper girlfriend (36/F) move in. He's blinded by her big boobs and big butt and fails to realize he's being used and manipulated. An intervention is needed - I really truly need your help.

quote:

TL;DR My (29/M) brother (33/M) moved in and out of his self-centered stripper girlfriend's (36/F) house within two weeks because it was not working out. Now she and her kids are going to move in with him only after he builds a $25k garage he can't afford so she can park her Mercedes. He cares more about her looks than her manipulative personality.

I'll try to keep this short but really need help. My brother is divorced, he was married to a beautiful girl who simply used him while she got her degree. He was absolutely miserable while married (they had two children) and they divorced after she graduated.

Fast forward a couple years and he's headed down the same track. He's been dating a stripper that has 4 children, is a felon, is abusive, and has tons of unwanted baggage. Three weeks ago, I helped him move into her house. Apparently is wasn't working out, my brother is a total slob and she is a clean freak. She even punched him in the face and gave him a mark so bad he took a day off work.

So last week he calls and says he's moving out. He spent that weekend with me, self-medicated with alcohol, and was drunk the from Friday night to Sunday night, even polished off an entire bottle of wine Sunday morning. This girl is making him miserable, but seriously he only cares about what's on the outside. They fight constantly and his drinking/smoking has increased significantly, he's falling into the same trap.

So we move him out (RIP 2nd weekend in a month) and he tells me she and her kids are going to move in with him. I didn't say anything at the time, but this is the worst thing that can happen. She's recently retired from stripping and wants to be a stay-at-home mom while my brother makes all the money. There are so many things wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

First, his house is barely big enough for 3 of them, there's no space for 4 more people. They would be doubling or tripling up bedrooms for the kids. Second, he is a total slob and she's a complete clean freak. He vacuums twice a year and she vacuums twice a day. I refused to take my shoes off while carrying 60 lbs dressers down her stairs and she now hates me. She can't compromise - sure I understand you like clean carpets (my shoes were very clean), but I also like not breaking my toes. She didn't lift a finger either weekends, not even carrying the light stuff.

She now has no source of income and it's either moving in with my brother or moving back home to her abusive family. Now here's where it gets really interesting. All of a sudden my brother wants to take out a loan to build a $25,000 garage (he cannot afford this) and she's going to move in when the garage is done. She has a nice Mercedes and I can only assume she convinced him to get a garage so she can park it there.

She only cares about herself and will not compromise at all. Soon my brother's house will have rules that he'll have to take off shoes and so on. A lot of my brother's furniture is old and dirty and soon she'll start saying "We should get a new couch" when really she means "You should buy me a new couch so I have a place to watch TV while you work".

My mom and I agree we need to intervene. I want to bring in a realtor so he can learn how stupid adding a garage to a house that needs internal work really is. I guess I'm writing because I'm not sure how to intervene. I really need help here.

Edit: Thank you all for such great and insightful responses. I've read through them all and have really learned a lot. It seems there isn't much I can do, but I'm going to do what I can. My most immediate concern is him taking out a loan for a garage so I'm going to hire a realtor to help estimate the added value of the garage, I firmly believe this will help change his mind as a new garage won't add much value to a house that's falling apart on the inside.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Strange that the wife would confirm that Dr. Bob was with her. Either way, I'd be gone by the time she got back.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Leon Einstein posted:

Strange that the wife would confirm that Dr. Bob was with her. Either way, I'd be gone by the time she got back.

Yeah, you would think she wouldn't give away the con so easily. Why not just say "oh I thought he was on vacation this week?" which seems to be the story that everyone else has from him.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Theophany posted:

LMFAO
drat, poor guy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [24F] ruined my husbands [25M] friendship with a coworker [32F]. Can I fix it?

So they aren't exactly coworkers, they met at the smoke pit at work and thats the only time they see each other. She is really into the kink life and her and her husband swing among other things. She is very open about her sex life and my husband was interested because he wants us to be more kinky. I don't mind them talking about that, but here's where it went downhill:

My husband overshared a lot. Specifically things that I barely feel comfortable telling him about. He can talk about his kinks all day long and I won't care, but I was really hurt when I found out he told her things about my sexuality. Another thing I'm annoyed about is I'm pregnant and we havent told anyone yet, but he told her. Not as big a deal but I feel uncomfortable with him telling her when he doesn't even want to tell our parents yet. My husband and I are both flirty people so I can forgive some mild flirting. Them telling each other that they're cute or whatever doesn't bother me. But he made a fetlife so that he could look at her fetlife. He left the page up so I took a look and he had commented "can't wait to tap that rear end" on one of her pictures. I immediately confronted him and told him that it was inappropriate and I deleted his fetlife account. I made clear to him that it was over the line and he agreed and apologized. I even made him send her a text saying that I wasn't comfortable and they needed to back off. I saw her reply and it more or less said "ok, i completely understand."

Fast forward a week, he's reassured me about how respectful she's been about my feelings and I feel fine. I don't mind the friendship as long as it's nothing more than that. We were hanging out in the bathroom and he gets a text from her and I ask what it says. I don't think it was anything weird but she called him a pet name. I asked about it and it was from a very sexual innuendo between them. I told him I was extremely uncomfortable with that and he needed to immediately let her know. We had a pretty long talk about how each of us was feeling and he fell asleep after. I was feeling better because he said he understood how I felt and he would let her know. An hour or 2 later we're watching a movie or something and he again falls asleep on the couch. I checked his phone to make sure he had told her how I felt. Nope. They were picking out baby names. I FLIPPED. I tried to wake him up but he sat up grogily, didn't understand what I was saying and promptly fell back asleep. I had already previously let him know that if he didn't set up boundaries then I would contact her and let her know.

But here's the thing: I knew it wasn't her fault. I knew the only reason this conversation was happening was because my husband was allowing it to. He was refusing to respect my feelings but I knew that she would. He had told me all about how she had been in situations before where a spouse wasn't comfortable and she had to respect boundaries. My husband obviously wasn't able to respect the boundaries I had set. I quickly made a fetlife and sent her a message. I tried to emphasize that I wasnt mad at her or looking for a confrontation, but that I needed her and my husbands relationship to be strictly friendship. She quickly replied apologizing and letting me know she wasnt aware of how I felt. I told her I knew she wasn't to blame and that I know my husband appreciates her friendship and that I hoped she could still be a friend to him. (My husband has been dealing with severe depression and having a friend who was so supportive was having a positive impact.)

When my husband finally woke up I told him i had talked to her. He told me them picking out baby names was just because they both had a pregnancy fetish (like that makes it ok?). The next time they talked she told him they should just be smoke pit friends and not text. I could tell he was pretty upset about it although he didn't say it.

I truly appreciate her sticking up for me and my feelings at a time when my husband wouldn't. As far as I'm concerned that small act of trust makes her a friend. I felt bad I had messed up their friendship and I never intended to make her feel bad (I don't know exactly how she feels but I know she was upset by the whole situation) so I told my husband he should invite them for a double date. After I said that he got me at me because I was the one who had dug a wedge between their friendship and now all of a sudden I wanted to be friends. (Hanging out with them was something we had discussed previously and I had never been against it). He did reluctantly extend the invitation and from what I understand she reluctantly accepted. We haven't set a date but I don't know if I should push it. I never wanted to ruin their friendship, I just wanted my husband to respect my comfort level but all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. I'm at a total loss of how to handle the situation. Is there any point trying to salvage this or should I just let it die? Should I feel this guilt? Was I wrong to assert my feelings? Help.

Tldr: my husbands friendship was crossing a line so I put a stop to it. Can I still save the friendship?

Edit: my husband and I have tried the kink life in the past and want to try it again in the future. However that doesn't include my husband being with other women

comments:

When your husband tells you consistently that suicide seems like a good option you look for anything that helps. As much as I hate to admit it the 2 weeks they were friends suicide didn't come up as much. So yes maybe I am crazy. I don't know how to handle my husbands depression and if I ruined one of the few friendships he has I think its natural to feel bad about it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Leon Einstein posted:

Strange that the wife would confirm that Dr. Bob was with her.

She thought duder really was that dumb, and to be fair, the evidence is compelling.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nothing weird bout a man and a woman talking about their pregnancy fetishes together

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Me [32 F] with my husband [32 M] 8 years, I ruined one of his socks & there's nothing I can do to make it up to him apparently :-(

quote:

My husband got home from work to find that one of his brand new special athletic socks was in the dryer - my fault. I accidentally put it in there. He got very upset and said it had ruined it, he cursed a bit and threw the socks down on the floor.

I, of course, felt really bad about this as it is totally my fault - I made a mistake and didn't see the sock in with the other clothes when I put them in the dryer earlier. He said that it had ruined one of them so he'd be unable to wear them for an event this weekend. So I apologized and immediately started looking up the brand and size etc online to buy him a new pair ASAP so he could still wear them this weekend.

But he said no, he doesn't want me getting him a new pair. He said if a new pair comes in the mail he'll throw them away. Which is crazy to me as he'd just been angrily ranting at me about what a waste it was, that someone had made these socks (they are factory made, not like they are hand made or anything but I think he was trying to make me understand the socks had value and he thinks I just didn't care enough to pay attention when sorting things for the dryer). But he said he would throw away new socks I order to replace them?

I asked him why he wouldn't accept a replacement pair and he said that it's not about the money, it's about the waste - so when I asked why he'd throw out a new pair if they arrived if it's about waste, he didn't really say anything, just said because I can't just buy a new pair. I'm so confused!

I tired asking him what I can do to make it up to him, and he said the only way is to never do it again, and I said I promised to pay more attention to the dryer etc in future, but he said 'no you won't.'

I picked up the socks where he had left them and they looked the same to me - one had been in the dryer and the other hadn't, and the elasticity and everything felt the same. I said this to him, hopefully all is not lost! and suggested he try them on to see if they're ok, as they might be fine and he just angrily said no.

It's just so weird to me and I'm so confused - he's so angry. He refused the coffee I offered to make him and I was meant to be making his favorite meal tonight anyway, but now he's saying he doesn't want it. It's like the whole night is ruined because of this sock, and it's like there's nothing I can do to apologise or make up for it. We're different in this way - I hate conflict and to me, if someone makes a mistake without malice and sincerely apologises and offers to make it right by replacing or repairing the broken thing, then that's that, no point dwelling on it and life's too short to spend an entire evening raging because one of your socks may have lost a little of its elasticity from being accidentally put in the dryer. It's not even like this sock has shrunk or anything!! I can't even tell a difference!

It feels almost like he wanted the sock to be ruined, or like he doesn't want me to be able to do anything to make up for it, like he wants to be mad at me and feel justified about it? I have no idea what to do or say! I've left him on his own to feel angry with me but i'm honestly perplexed at the level of anger for this level of error on my part. This is like only the 2nd or 3rd time in 8 years I have accidentally put something in the dryer, plus on closer inspection it does not even seem to be damaged and he does't want me to fix it! What can I do, am I missing something here? Very confused right now.

tldr: put SO's sock in the dryer by accident. Doesnt appear to be ruined but he is convinced it is and is extremely angry, won't allow me to buy a replacement, won't accept my apology. I'm confused and need help understanding what this could possibly be about?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Maybe sock husband should do his own loving laundry for a change. Also divorce him.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Yeah, you would think she wouldn't give away the con so easily. Why not just say "oh I thought he was on vacation this week?" which seems to be the story that everyone else has from him.

She saw the text, correctly deduced that it was a trap, but miscalculated and thought he already knew for sure Bob was with her and was trying to catch her in a lie. Mistakenly thinking her primary lie busted she prematurely moved to the fallback lie.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

P-Mack posted:

She saw the text, correctly deduced that it was a trap, but miscalculated and thought he already knew for sure Bob was with her and was trying to catch her in a lie. Mistakenly thinking her primary lie busted she prematurely moved to the fallback lie.

The Kansas City Cuckle

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
He is being a baby. I bet they have some underlying problems in their relationship and he is a bad communicator. If you find yourself fighting about laundry, you should ask yourself what you are actually fighting about, because it aint laundry.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy crap guys, it’s a bizarro version of ‘my sister asked me to be the legal guardian of her kids if she died, and I said nah’

Me [35F] and my husband [38M] with my sister-in-law [33F]; we didn't pick her to be the guardian of our twins [6months] and it's dropped a bomb in our relationship

quote:

My husband and I have been married for five years, and recently had twins. Now that life is settling down (ha!) we met with our lawyer to update our wills and do all that proper legal things that people should do once having kids. Part of that was setting up legal guardianship for the twins. We asked my best friend and her husband. They agreed and it’s all sorted out.

Which brings us to our current problem: my husband’s sister. We had dinner over the weekend with my husband’s family. We mentioned that we updated our wills. My SIL asked if that included guardianship for the twins and I said yes. My husband chimed in and said “We asked Sue and Chris [my best friend and her husband] and they agreed.” Well apparently that was the worst thing we could have said, because SIL started crying. She sat at the table, tears streaming down her cheeks, repeatedly questioning why we didn’t ask her and how we could consider sending our kids to a non-family member; isn’t she good enough to raise our kids? How hurtful that was and how someone who wasn’t family couldn’t love the children like family would.

Honestly, asking my husband’s sister was never an option for us. While I care deeply about my SIL and she’s a nice person, she wouldn’t have raised our kids in a way that we would be comfortable with. She’s highly religious, like church or church related activity 3 or 4 days a week. In contrast my husband and I are both atheists. SIL hasn’t done any sort of post-secondary education; and barely graduated high school (Un-diagnosed learning disability); because of that school and education just aren’t important to her. Nor is following current events – SIL herself has admitted that current events stress her out and she’d rather ignore them. My husband and I both have master’s degrees in our fields and believe in the importance of education – some sort of post-secondary or vocational school is expected. Finally this one may seem shallow, but SIL is morbidly obese. She’s 33 and struggles health wise: knee issues, diabetes, breathing problems, untreated sleep apnea, migraines, other aches and pains. Physically she’s just not capable of potentially raising kids, IMO.

Put it all together and she’s just not someone we’d want raising our kids, no matter how much we love her. She does have many good qualities: she exemplifies kindness; she’s hard working; she’s got a wicked sense of humor. We want her in our children’s lives just not in a potential parental role.

In contrast we joke with my best friend and her husband how the 4 of us are essentially the same couple. Our lifestyles and parenting philosophies and religious beliefs couldn’t be more similar. My husband and I both believe that they would do as good a job, if not better, in raising our kids as we would. My friend and her husband would ensure that our kids maintain a relationship with our families, which is important to us. It was a simple and logical choice.

I should also note that we didn’t pick my brother and his wife for guardians either. I love them, but they want to travel and they live a very nomadic life. They’re a great uncle and aunt, but would be poo poo parents.

I discovered yesterday that my SIL had deleted me from her social media – childish, but the ultimate eff you in her world. She’s also refusing to speak with use because “We’ve shown we don’t care about family and don’t trust her with our kids”. Is there any way we can mend this fence? It has nothing to do with not caring about family and everything to do with what’s in the best interest of our children. Is there anything we can do to make this better?

TL;DR Didn't ask my SIL to be the guardian of our twins for a number of reasons. She's hurt and refusing to speak to us. Is there anything we can do to mend this fence?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

fruit on the bottom posted:

The Kansas City Cuckle

LMFAO

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

therobit posted:

He is being a baby. I bet they have some underlying problems in their relationship and he is a bad communicator. If you find yourself fighting about laundry, you should ask yourself what you are actually fighting about, because it aint laundry.

I would normally 100% agree but this thread has unearthed some honest to god manbabies that would absolutely throw a tantrum like that about a sock going through the dryer when it should have been washed a specific way so at this point it's hard to tell.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

JaneError posted:

Me [32 F] with my husband [32 M] 8 years, I ruined one of his socks & there's nothing I can do to make it up to him apparently :-(

It's not about the sock, it's about the memories that were encrusted within it. You didn't just wash a sock; you washed his life down the drain.

The_end
May 17, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Holy crap guys, it’s a bizarro version of ‘my sister asked me to be the legal guardian of her kids if she died, and I said nah’

Me [35F] and my husband [38M] with my sister-in-law [33F]; we didn't pick her to be the guardian of our twins [6months] and it's dropped a bomb in our relationship

Tell her to go pray about it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Leon Einstein posted:

Please, I’d text her a photo of her stuff on the curb, and cancel that credit card.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

JaneError posted:

Me [28M] with my fiance [26F] of 7 years. She's on a "solo" trip and I can't find any evidence she paid for a hotel or plane ticket. Now her crossfit "partner" is also gone but no one knows where. Any possibility they aren't together?

lmfao nope, none. you could ask to see his passport if he denies

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Tell her you've accepted Moloch into your lives as your guiding light and simply cannot countenance her raising your children in the House of Abraham because he left the job half done.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Palpek posted:

The fat dude pretty much exprienced what it's like to stay behind when a partner turns their life around and progresses a lot in an important area. This is true for many parts in life, not just a weight thing - keep up or you become incompatible. :rip:

when you get married you promise "in sickness and in health" - i hope he gets alimony or a nice settlement out of the divorce because actions need to have consequences. people are not disposable!

Yeah. Ham if your primary complaint is that we didn’t take her to task for the cheating, I think we’re probably all in agreement that it was a poo poo thing to do.

Guy [28/m] is upset that I [24/f] don't see him as long-term relationship material

Only wants to be casual with the guy, but also doesn’t like that he doesn’t treat her special like you would a serious partner. Mixed messages?

"dress for the job you want, not the dress you have :smug:" <-- a dumb redditor

I actually this exact thing happen in college (minus getting any sex out of the friend - womp womp)
valuable learning experience.

:sever:

Caganer fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 16, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My wife [39F] and I [41M] are very worried about how our daughter [17F] is reacting to losing her boyfriend.

quote:

Our daughter Olivia first started dating Armando over a year ago, shortly after she started her sophomore year of high school. He was always a great kid and my wife and I were really very happy they had both found each other. We never really said anything about it but after about 7 or 8 months we started wondering if they would be high school sweethearts and marry after graduation or something. He was always respectful, intelligent, and generally a fun kid. My wife said he was very boyish, but with the best traits of being so. Our family grew around him since he was over so often and was always a good kid.

Then on April 9, a week ago, my buddies and I were doing our thing of volunteering picking up trash and litter and poo poo around my kids' high school. I was separated from them as they split to cover ground faster since it was the evening and we wanted to get home and make it for some dinner. As I was walking I came around the bleachers and caught a full view of Armando enthusiastically giving another male student a blowjob. I just recoiled out of the sheer cringe factor, and then my heart broke for Olivia. They probably didn't see me, I could still hear their blowie noises and I just got the gently caress out of there, I couldn't handle it.

I told my wife, she was pretty surprised and pressed me if I'm sure and, like, the side view of his face doing that is something I wish I could scrub away with some steel wool, it was definitely him.

We decided next time he came over I'd talk with him in private about it. One of the most uncomfortable moments I've ever had. He was crying and pleading with me not to tell his family, he said they were a "wild Mexican family" and they'd come unhinged totally if they found out he's gay. Of course I wouldn't but then I clarified, 'so you're gay, you aren't even attracted to Olivia?' He said she was like his best friend, that she was the initiator of all the romance and had a crush on him even well before their relationship, and that he let it happen because his family was pressuring him to get a girlfriend already. I was fuming, it seemed like he was just using my goddamn daughter as a shield while he's out blowing dudes and she's just loving him unaware he doesn't even like her! Making a complete fool of her. It really loving gets me.

The very worst part is that he left our house that evening in tears and couldn't even tell her anything before he apparently blocked her on all their social media. My wife and I had to break it to her. This is where it's gotten concerning.

She hasn't reacted well, and by that I mean she literally hasn't reacted. She's constantly in flux as to what reality she's in, she's always rotating around these endless explanations; that I saw someone else, that he's not gay and he cried and blocked her because I was just embarrassing him with false accusations, that it's just a bro thing guys do, that they were probably doing something else and I mistook it for something sexual, that he's just testing her and she has to prove to him how loving and forgiving she is, I mean it just doesn't stop. Nothing me or my wife can do convinces her. It's just been a week of hell.

Recently it's gotten much, much worse. She apparently posted, in a large facebook group of her high school class, some sort of a poll or something trying to prove how unrealistic it is that Armando would be gay. She also posted pictures of him and said something like 'does he look gay to you?? didn't think so!'. The school's gotten involved and there's talk that she may be removed from the student government thing because in addition to that, she's constantly harassing him in school. Then, on the same day, we got a call from Armando's pissed off family that she drove from school to their house and wouldn't leave because she refused to accept that they broke up. And then the final straw came today. She came home in a wedding dress that she dropped $520 on, and she's apparently blown all of her schoolwork off to focus on planning their marriage.

We're all just stunned. I don't even know how to approach her like this, I've never seen anyone lose their grip on reality like this, and it breaks my heart to see my daughter this way. I love her so much and I don't know what to do. I mean, what kind of a psychologist do I call? Olivia doesn't even seem to realize all the harm she's causing and there's just no way we can get to her it seems.

tl:dr my daughter's longtime boyfriend turned out to be gay, she's lost her grip on reality, she's harassing him and his family, she's relinquished all her responsibilities at school and she actually thinks they're getting married soon. Everything we say to her just bounces off her mental bubble. We aren't sure what to do

:stare:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ham Sandwiches posted:

This is a weird loving post, please enjoy

What are appropriate things to say to a person who lives on the sidewalk?
Highly-sheltered teenager with only the bare minimum intellectual knowledge that homeless people exist, or just ASD?

LadyPictureShow posted:

The fact that the SIL is highly religious is exactly why she wants so badly to be the kids' guardian.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The Kansas City Cuckle

My God

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Palpek posted:

The fat dude pretty much exprienced what it's like to stay behind when a partner turns their life around and progresses a lot in an important area. This is true for many parts in life, not just a weight thing - keep up or you become incompatible. :rip:

Fat dude most def needs to keep up but if you marry someone an effort needs to be made to help them keep up and from the story the wife realized she's hot now and is saying gently caress it.

Granted it seems mostly made up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Theophany posted:

LMFAO

Next text should read: 'Nice try. You've got 12 hours to send me proof you've been paying for everything on your solo holiday.'

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Caganer posted:

when you get married you promise "in sickness and in health" - i hope he gets alimony or a nice settlement out of the divorce because actions need to have consequences. people are not disposable!

what divorce? she's just sought the assistance of a medical professional for the "in health" portion of the vows.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm late to it, but going to a strip club with your dad? What the gently caress is that??

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

I'm late to it, but going to a strip club with your dad? What the gently caress is that??

Really goddamn weird getting boners with your dad

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My wife [39F] and I [41M] are very worried about how our daughter [17F] is reacting to losing her boyfriend.

RIP Armando, he'll be sucking the dicks of angels soon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Thought she was in a romantic comedy, she was half right. Getting her Miss Havisham on early.

Jeza posted:

Sounds like the kind of thing where it's more his dad dragging him to the club 'to make a man out of him' and he probably wants to forget about it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"This is a funny thread, guess I'll read through i----- 2805 pages? HOLY poo poo."

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

She came home in a wedding dress that she dropped $520 on, and she's apparently blown all of her schoolwork off to focus on planning their marriage.

well she's officially crossed from "taking it poorly" to "frothing insanity"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caganer posted:

Theyre not married. This is her being a horrible loving person about realizing she doesnt have to stay with an unmotivated fat sack of crap.

LadyPictureShow posted:

How did she have 520 bucks to blow on a wedding dress?

Also probably should make sure you get rid of any guns and knives you have in your house.