Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill
I'm waiting for Dan to flip out on Spencer, who's now doing a lot of interrupting/chiming in and negating things that Dan says. It seems like there's a bit of tension there, especially when Dan's in a bad mood (which is a lot). He got a little frustrated with Spencer this week, when he said "I can't even tell what you're saying, it's just always dry, sometimes you're agreeing with something sarcastically and sometimes it's earnestly." :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

nerve posted:

Dan Harmon sucks and shouldn't have a podcast anymore.

:psyduck:

Just stop listening, dude.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I started listening to Whiting Wongs and it’s a nice break to have a counterpart to Harmon who will call him out on his awful opinions. I hope they keep doing it once Gao doesn’t work for him anymore because I’m sure she’s pulling punches on her boss.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

superjew posted:

I started listening to Whiting Wongs and it’s a nice break to have a counterpart to Harmon who will call him out on his awful opinions. I hope they keep doing it once Gao doesn’t work for him anymore because I’m sure she’s pulling punches on her boss.

They get in some genuine arguments, but they usually work out what they're trying to say in the end.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Zesty posted:

:psyduck:

Just stop listening, dude.

Way ahead of you dude. I mean I still pop in sometimes but...yeesh

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Did Harmon ever address his most recent twatter meltdown on the podcast? I'm pretty sure I listened to at least one after that. I really like Harmon and a lot of the stuff he does, but I'm so tired of being constantly embarrassed to do so. Between that and R&M fans it's like god drat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

counterfeitsaint posted:

Did Harmon ever address his most recent twatter meltdown on the podcast? I'm pretty sure I listened to at least one after that. I really like Harmon and a lot of the stuff he does, but I'm so tired of being constantly embarrassed to do so. Between that and R&M fans it's like god drat.

Which was the latest twitter meltdown? Last one I remember offhand was about his flowchart.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Dan would need a third podcast to address all his Twitter meltdowns.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sgt. McKill posted:

I'm waiting for Dan to flip out on Spencer, who's now doing a lot of interrupting/chiming in and negating things that Dan says. It seems like there's a bit of tension there, especially when Dan's in a bad mood (which is a lot). He got a little frustrated with Spencer this week, when he said "I can't even tell what you're saying, it's just always dry, sometimes you're agreeing with something sarcastically and sometimes it's earnestly." :ohdear:

The day Dan genuinely flips out on Spencer and drives a real wedge in their relationship (an inevitability for Dan) is the day he might put the gun to himself.

I know that's super dark but Spencer has been his surrogate child; someone that Dan feels could take over his mantle someday, whatever that means.

A couple years ago I talked to Dan about his relationship to Spencer and he broke down a little bit about how much he loves him and wants to put Spencer on a path where he can be better than himself. He sees Spenc as a reflection of himself before he really started his self-destruction.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't believe Spencer started out as just an audience member.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Remember how Spencer's dad was on the show once and it was obvious how much Spencer hated him? Then his dad moved to Colombia?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Inzombiac posted:

The day Dan genuinely flips out on Spencer and drives a real wedge in their relationship (an inevitability for Dan) is the day he might put the gun to himself.

Coincidentally, Spencer doesn't appear to be in this week's episode and it starts with Dan miming putting a gun in his mouth.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I knew I should have watched last week's episode last week instead of putting it off.

I think Spencer listens to Cum Town. He made a "Samsung Galaxy 8" joke last week. :aaa:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 17, 2018

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

prefect posted:

I knew I should have watched last week's episode last week instead of putting it off.

I think Spencer listens to Cum Town. He made a "Samsung Galaxy 8" joke last week. :aaa:

Spencer's expression is absolutely loving priceless.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

CPColin posted:

Coincidentally, Spencer doesn't appear to be in this week's episode and it starts with Dan miming putting a gun in his mouth.

Wow, not seen Rob in a long time. Did not recognise him. He keeping Dan company with the facial hair?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Wow, not seen Rob in a long time. Did not recognise him. He keeping Dan company with the facial hair?

In last week's episode, he said that his wife was not enthusiastic about the beard, so it's probably going to go away soon.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I almost immediately skipped this week's episode once I heard Duncan Trussel, but I'm sticking with it because that's how much I love Schrab.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Who is this discount Adam Sandler? I thought Adam Sandler was the discount Adam Sandler.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
This seems like a good enough place to ask: Is it just Dumb People Town or are all formerly-Feral now-Starburns podcasts doing ads for boner pills?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Duncan Trussel is so annoying

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I like Duncan Trussell. And Schrab improves him. They play off of each other well. :allears:

Dan's wearing a Sharpie T-shirt. :newlol:

I love angry/bitter Schrab. :swoon:

Milch! :newlol:

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 19, 2018

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
What if like your mind is really just a projection of your actual mind which is part of the universe and what you think is real is just a fragment of another fragment of a interconnected cosmic being

Duncan Trussel is every teenager who smokes weed for the first time only permanently

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the improv was good tho

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Duncan Trussel is the Britta of psychonauts.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He does seriously sound and act exactly like Adam Sandler to me. I cannot imagine anything more off putting.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

counterfeitsaint posted:

He does seriously sound and act exactly like Adam Sandler to me. I cannot imagine anything more off putting.

You don't know how things sound

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan and Spencer are fighting? :ohdear:

Dammit, all the good seats in Boston are already sold. :(

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 23, 2018

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
SO far this week's episode has been great. No political garbage or existential self-loathing, just fun stories about irritating celebrities and making GBS threads.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Not Operator posted:

This seems like a good enough place to ask: Is it just Dumb People Town or are all formerly-Feral now-Starburns podcasts doing ads for boner pills?

Boner pills and hair growth stuff. The company names? Him's and Keep's, I believe.

It seems like a lot of companies that do ads on podcasts are essentially repeats of each other (competing razor/mattress/glasses/clothing/watch companies with slightly different names). I'm not sure if they're all companies under one bigger corp or just copying each other, but it seems like the alternating mattress/razor companies have copypasted ad copy.

"Tito's started with a couple guys in college that decided they didn't want to spend so much money on their fancy watches, which I guess people still wear. That's why they bought an abandoned warehouse in Germany, cleared out the society of rats living inside it, and started selling obsessively engineered mattresses directly to the consumer. I have a Leesa/Casper mattress in my home. It's the only one I sleep on since I stopped doing ads for the other company. Right now my listeners can get a discount on glasses with little watches in them if they go to some site and use the promo code 'KREPLACH.' Tito's: the better way to keep a boner."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dan's not feeling so great this week.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

prefect posted:

Dan's not feeling so great this week.

Dan's look seems to be approaching sex cult leader.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Drunkboxer posted:

Dan's look seems to be approaching sex cult leader.
"Approaching"?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Now all join hands while gathering around the mannequin leg.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This episode's a real corker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Is it just me or does it seem that Spencer really is not a fan of Rob or maybe just Rob's schtick?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Is it just me or does it seem that Spencer really is not a fan of Rob or maybe just Rob's schtick?

I think they're pretty friendly outside of the show -- they've mentioned being together a few times.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

prefect posted:

I think they're pretty friendly outside of the show -- they've mentioned being together a few times.

Oh right. Maybe the show of animosity is a thing for the podcast then.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oh right. Maybe the show of animosity is a thing for the podcast then.

https://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/992530564384092160

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm still a few eps behind, but can someone that watches the live stream tell me if Spencer is toking a vape pen or something during the show?

Because if he isn't, he's overdoing the acting with regards to his highness. If you smoke every day or nearly every day you'll be on the path to normalcy after about a half hour but like 90 minutes in he's acting like he just took a monster fat rip and its dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Edibles