Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah mammals at least aren't meant to be eating that stuff at all, but humans are sadomasochistic lunatics who think that's great eatin'. Checkmate, nature.

Nature: "Haha! I'm a jalapeño. I produce a chemical to prevent myself from being eaten by mammals, who can fully digest my seeds."

Human: *chewing angrily*

Nature: "Haha!"

Human: *crossbreeds peppers*

Nature: "Dude..."

Human: *breeds cultivar x500 spicier than jalapeño*

Nature: "Dude, I was just kidding"

Human: *crossbreeds cultivars to produce a pepper x3000 spicier than jalapeño, dedicates life to watching YouTube videos of people eating it*

Nature: "Jesus Christ, man, stop. Please."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue
Night Court had a sick rear end theme song

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah mammals at least aren't meant to be eating that stuff at all, but humans are sadomasochistic lunatics who think that's great eatin'. Checkmate, nature.

Peppers release endorphins in your brain, it feels good to eat them.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Bombadilillo posted:

Peppers release endorphins in your brain, it feels good to eat them.

Getting a shot in the nards releases endorphins in your brain, but very few people seek that out.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Phanatic posted:

Getting a shot in the nards releases endorphins in your brain, but very few people seek that out.

My dude, have you ever heard of the internet?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Phanatic posted:

CBT is more popular than you think.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phanatic posted:

My dude, have you never been to the parts of youtube that aren't sponsored? It's like 95% skateboard bails and nutshots.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

My dude, have you never been to the parts of youtube that aren't sponsored? It's like 95% skateboard bails and nutshots.

Yeah but those dudes aren't seeking out catching a swift skateboard to the sack, it's just an occupational hazard.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

You must be new here. It's fine, let me explain this Earth thing for a moment. I'm a human, by the way. That's what we call ourselves. "Hyoo-maan." Got it?

Now you see human brains naturally release endorphins in response to pain. They're a neat thing; they not only dull pain but they also can create a good feeling. You see, they're actually opioids and those are chemicals that are...well they're god damned addicting is what they are. Now, our bodies just produce this stuff naturally but it's pretty stingy about actually releasing them. But see the hot sensation of eating something with capsaicin normally doesn't actually hurt you. The naturally occurring stuff? Even the hottest one probably won't do any harm so realizing that using the parts of our brains that other animals don't have we override that pain response. The reason? Endorphins. You see, the body thinks it's being hurt because that chemical does that. That's the point. It hurts so mammals don't eat them. But we aren't normal mammals. We see the lack of damage but then get that cool, happy feeling from the endorphins heading right to the brain. So we ignore the pain and enjoy the rush.

But see we don't stop there. It isn't specific kinds of pain. Ever wondered why people run until it hurts then just keep going? Same drat reason. See endorphins are a response to stress and opioids are addicting so there are people that deliberately run until they get that cool, good feeling and then just keep going. The body is freaking out because we're not supposed to run that long unless something is wrong or we're chasing food. But neither is true; we're just running. Look I know that it's a waste of calories but we don't make sense, alright? We're also prone to consuming way more fuel than we need so we had to find ways to burn it off. Yeah it doesn't make sense. I'm saying we're poorly designed. Look, we didn't choose to be this way, alright? This is just how it is.

OK we're getting off track. You can ask more questions later. There's several billion of us and we really, really like to talk about ourselves. So anyway for some people that isn't enough. Some are satisfied with selectively breeding peppers hotter than can possibly exist. Some of them are in fact hot enough to actually cause damage. So humans, being humans, have competitions to see who can eat the hottest pepper. Yeah some of that takes practice and building a tolerance but I already told you "endorphins" and "we don't make sense." Don't judge us, alright? We didn't make ourselves.

So anyway even that isn't enough for some people and "will literally kill you hot" peppers are a really recent invention. Some people, well...they hurt themselves deliberately or have other people do it for them. I'm talking "I like it when my sexual mate/mates injure me" types of stuff. Well see mating also releases endorphins so the pain can make it better for some people. Well yeah it's risky and makes no sense stop pointing out how crazy this all is, OK? This is just how we are. Anyway...endorphins feel good. That's the core of it, OK? It's a chemical out bodies make that was really intended to dull pain so we could keep functional long enough to get out of lovely situations. But it also felt good so we have people that do damaging or painful things to get endorphins. Now see getting hit in the testicles hurts really, really badly. The reason there is to motivate males to protect the testicles. They're just kind of hanging there outside the body and are easy targets. You learn real early in life if you have them that getting hit there hurts so you avoid it. But most shots to the junk aren't damaging so of course there are people who inflict pain on their testicles or like to have them hurt while mating for the endorphins. It hurts a lot so it can ultimately to a massive shot of endorphins for no actual, lasting physical damage.

Why don't we change it? I don't know man, I guess we're just used to it.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Apr 17, 2018

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You must be new here. It's fine, let me explain this Earth thing for a moment. I'm a human, by the way. That's what we call ourselves. "Hyoo-maan." Got it?

Now you see human brains naturally release endorphins in response to pain. They're a neat thing; they not only dull pain but they also can create a good feeling. You see, they're actually opioids and those are chemicals that are...well they're god damned addicting is what they are. Now, our bodies just produce this stuff naturally but it's pretty stingy about actually releasing them. But see the hot sensation of eating something with capsaicin normally doesn't actually hurt you. The naturally occurring stuff? Even the hottest one probably won't do any harm so realizing that using the parts of our brains that other animals don't have we override that pain response. The reason? Endorphins. You see, the body thinks it's being hurt because that chemical does that. That's the point. It hurts so mammals don't eat them. But we aren't normal mammals. We see the lack of damage but then get that cool, happy feeling from the endorphins heading right to the brain. So we ignore the pain and enjoy the rush.

But see we don't stop there. It isn't specific kinds of pain. Ever wondered why people run until it hurts then just keep going? Same drat reason. See endorphins are a response to stress and opioids are addicting so there are people that deliberately run until they get that cool, good feeling and then just keep going. The body is freaking out because we're not supposed to run that long unless something is wrong or we're chasing food. But neither is true; we're just running. Look I know that it's a waste of calories but we don't make sense, alright? We're also prone to consuming way more fuel than we need so we had to find ways to burn it off. Yeah it doesn't make sense. I'm saying we're poorly designed. Look, we didn't choose to be this way, alright? This is just how it is.

OK we're getting off track. You can ask more questions later. There's several billion of us and we really, really like to talk about ourselves. So anyway for some people that isn't enough. Some are satisfied with selectively breeding peppers hotter than can possibly exist. Some of them are in fact hot enough to actually cause damage. So humans, being humans, have competitions to see who can eat the hottest pepper. Yeah some of that takes practice and building a tolerance but I already told you "endorphins" and "we don't make sense." Don't judge us, alright? We didn't make ourselves.

So anyway even that isn't enough for some people and "will literally kill you hot" peppers are a really recent invention. Some people, well...they hurt themselves deliberately or have other people do it for them. I'm talking "I like it when my sexual mate/mates injure me" types of stuff. Well see mating also releases endorphins so the pain can make it better for some people. Well yeah it's risky and makes no sense stop pointing out how crazy this all is, OK? This is just how we are. Anyway...endorphins feel good. That's the core of it, OK? It's a chemical out bodies make that was really intended to dull pain so we could keep functional long enough to get out of lovely situations. But it also felt good so we have people that do damaging or painful things to get endorphins. Now see getting hit in the testicles hurts really, really badly. The reason there is to motivate males to protect the testicles. They're just kind of hanging there outside the body and are easy targets. You learn real early in life if you have them that getting hit there hurts so you avoid it. But most shots to the junk aren't damaging so of course there are people who inflict pain on their testicles or like to have them hurt while mating for the endorphins. It hurts a lot so it can ultimately to a massive shot of endorphins for no actual, lasting physical damage.

Sir, this is a glory hole

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

yeeeeeeeep

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ahhhhhhh gently caress off

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

What is this? Bawbwa Wawtuss is still kicking last time I googled.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

swickles posted:

Yeah, you can even feed chickens on steady diet of peppers and then they lay eggs with spicy yolks.

I want this to be true so that I can have a coop filled with egg-laying hens on a diet of various hot peppers, and then after egg-laying time I can have the most zero-effort spanish omelette ever.

If I feed a cow nesquick will chocolate milk come from the udders?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Yestermoment posted:

What is this? Bawbwa Wawtuss is still kicking last time I googled.

I got had by the FAKE NEWS.
:sad:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want this to be true so that I can have a coop filled with egg-laying hens on a diet of various hot peppers, and then after egg-laying time I can have the most zero-effort spanish omelette ever.

If I feed a cow nesquick will chocolate milk come from the udders?

Why do people think I am joking? This is something that is literally done. The yolks aren't like jalapeno spicy, but they do have some pepper flavors... I literally posted a link to the reference.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where did it say they have a different taste rather than just a different color?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I got had by the FAKE NEWS.
:sad:

What even was the point of faking it. Just wait a couple of days and it will be true.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dude, you just wrote 3 phone screens worth of words in response to a Phanatic post in PYF.

You go sit down and think about that.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

rodbeard posted:

What even was the point of faking it. Just wait a couple of days and it will be true.

Sweet sweet clicks for advertisement money. Then you publish the rebuttal and cash in again!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Where's that "A hey, hey, hey" meme from? Basically it's just some dude saying/singing "A hey, hey, hey". I noticed a couple of stream snipers on twitch doing it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

How about you shut the gently caress up and Post Your Favorite Macros and Memes instead of wasting all our time?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

mike12345 posted:

Where's that "A hey, hey, hey" meme from? Basically it's just some dude saying/singing "A hey, hey, hey". I noticed a couple of stream snipers on twitch doing it.

That's a little vague without hearing what they're actually singing but the one I'm aware of is the he-man one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR7wOGyAzpw&t=115s

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mike12345 posted:

What's Up? - 4 Non Blondes

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

No, it's just some dude saying "ah hey, hey, heyyyy"

maybe I'll find it some time later

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

fat Albert?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ToxicSlurpee posted:

tl;dr

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

feed your cats

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Wise Words From A Mom!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

I'll sum it up for you:

quote:

See. You see. See. See. See. You see. Okay. Okay. You see. Okay. See. Okay. Okay. You see. See.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CUCCCCUCOKOKUCOKCOKOKUCC

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I liked it. gently caress the haters.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Clitch posted:

Dude, you just wrote 3 phone screens worth of words in response to a Phanatic post in PYF.

You go sit down and think about that.

Seriously, why can't SA just be single sentence circlejerks like Reddit

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
for some reason the last panel got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

MageMage posted:

Seriously, why can't SA just be single sentence circlejerks like Reddit