Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S IRONIC IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE

e: except for anyone saying nice things about templates, I mean. Obviously that's ironic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheChirurgeon posted:

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S IRONIC IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE

:ccb:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

AFAIK they fill a similar role to Scouts if you're doing a Primaris only marine army.

Yeah, minus the sniper rifles.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Two Beans posted:

Its a parody account.

??? It says games workshop

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If you look closely, the W in workshop is actually an upside down M.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

If you look closely, the W in workshop is actually an upside down M.
:nsavince:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
*gently leans close to the emperor's ear* werked again

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mango sentinel posted:

AFAIK they fill a similar role to Scouts if you're doing a Primaris only marine army.

I really wish they were a Troops choice. That would really open up some options for Primaris-only forces, since right now they're competing with things like Aggressors and Ancients for the coveted Elite slots.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ijyt posted:

??? It says games workshop

It's actually Games Twerkshop

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Corrode posted:

It's actually Games Twerkshop

now we’re talkin

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

panascope posted:

now we’re talkin

Av/post perfection

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Before GW had Finecast, they had Fondantcast

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Neurolimal posted:

Before GW had Finecast, they had Fondantcast

The best miniatures are cast in hard rock candy.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for an option that's cheaper than £16 on forgeworld for an Imperial Fists transfer sheet.

Anyone have tips?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheBigAristotle posted:

Anyone have tips?

:mamacita:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm looking for an option that's cheaper than £16 on forgeworld for an Imperial Fists transfer sheet.

Anyone have tips?

How many transfers do you need?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
On just Marine models alone probably like 40-50, vehicles and dreadnought another 5-10 I guess.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Your best bet probably is that FW transfer sheet. I know it's pricy, but those things are big (full A4 sheet) and come with tons of good poo poo on them.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really wish they were a Troops choice. That would really open up some options for Primaris-only forces, since right now they're competing with things like Aggressors and Ancients for the coveted Elite slots.

I wouldn't say they're competing for anything when a lists generally going to have like 10 elite slots.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed
Am I dumb or are Blood Angels actually the least hurt by the deep strike changes? You have the option to use Upon Wings of Fire for any jump pack unit once your turn has started, or you can use Forlorn Fury before the first battle round with multiple units of Death Company if you really really need to be in their face turn one. It's not perfect if you're bringing multiple characters with them, but as other people have said, you're generally better dropping a big unit + buff characters on turn 2 after you've had time to shoot their screens up anyways.

I'm not a big fan personally but that's more to do with playing on a crappy table with almost no terrain, thus needing to get that hammer punch off in order to avoid being shredded by AdMech or Tau shooting. If we played with better terrain like you would expect from a tournament, I don't see why people think they're garbage now beyond being both idiots and unfamiliar with their own codex.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

FromTheShire posted:

Am I dumb or are Blood Angels actually the least hurt by the deep strike changes? You have the option to use Upon Wings of Fire for any jump pack unit once your turn has started, or you can use Forlorn Fury before the first battle round with multiple units of Death Company if you really really need to be in their face turn one. It's not perfect if you're bringing multiple characters with them, but as other people have said, you're generally better dropping a big unit + buff characters on turn 2 after you've had time to shoot their screens up anyways.

I'm not a big fan personally but that's more to do with playing on a crappy table with almost no terrain, thus needing to get that hammer punch off in order to avoid being shredded by AdMech or Tau shooting. If we played with better terrain like you would expect from a tournament, I don't see why people think they're garbage now beyond being both idiots and unfamiliar with their own codex.

You forgot the part where parts of this community has a tendency to go into hysterics over the slightest changes. I honesty can't stand to read Bolter and Chainsword at the moment since I woke up to about 4 solid pages of people melting down and attacking the few voices that were even slightly more positive.

The best part is that I can guarantee almost nobody has had a chance to actually try the new rules yet.

The consensus over there has generally been that UWOF doesn't let you drop into your opponent's deployment zone, for the record. That's certainly been my read as well, but I also don't think I'd be using it since you're just sending up a single unsupported/unbuffed squad. Inceptors or Storm Bolter Company Vets are probably the best choices if it does end up working to that you can open up a hole for the next turn.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FromTheShire posted:

Just say "no" to terrain-levels below Alpha, imo.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed

Pendent posted:

You forgot the part where parts of this community has a tendency to go into hysterics over the slightest changes. I honesty can't stand to read Bolter and Chainsword at the moment since I woke up to about 4 solid pages of people melting down and attacking the few voices that were even slightly more positive.

The best part is that I can guarantee almost nobody has had a chance to actually try the new rules yet.

The consensus over there has generally been that UWOF doesn't let you drop into your opponent's deployment zone, for the record. That's certainly been my read as well, but I also don't think I'd be using it since you're just sending up a single unsupported/unbuffed squad. Inceptors or Storm Bolter Company Vets are probably the best choices if it does end up working to that you can open up a hole for the next turn.

Yeah I was pretty sure that was the case, but I figured I'd make sure I wasn't misunderstanding something. My reading of UWOF is different but I agree it's not something that is generally worth doing. I might well use it in conjunction with FF for the sole purpose of getting Astorath or Lemartes in range of a big DC unit or two, but I'm fully aware that's me doing something fluffy because I want to, not a competitive strategy.

Schadenboner posted:

You're not wrong, my playgroup is currently 4-5 people beerhammering once a month or so on temporary tables so we haven't had a big push to get terrain ready yet. I'm currently trying to change that, we just got clearance to do a permanent setup in my buddy's basement and I picked up a FAT Mat since they're on sale. Now I just need to figure out if I can swing a 3D printer right now since I backed a couple terrain kickstarters, or whether we should just do some foam buildings etc for now

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Are there any good paint planning tools, or good source images for unpainted miniatures? I just picked up both Start Collecting Drukhari sets, and am trying to plan out my colors before I start painting. So far I haven't found anything more useful than Photoshop or Paint.net and just coloring stuff in those tools.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Naramyth posted:

I'm pretty annoyed at the oblit nerf. It might be custode time.

I mean I have a box of the idiots anyway.

What is the nerf? I can't seem to find anything other than the daemon keyword change.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

What is the nerf? I can't seem to find anything other than the daemon keyword change.

If you cant derp strike out of your zone turn one they cant really threaten your opponents big things.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Naramyth posted:

If you cant derp strike out of your zone turn one they cant really threaten your opponents big things.

I am now going to use the phrase 'derp strike'.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Even that seems a little sparse for my tastes.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Felime posted:

It's very sparse, but it's about the bare minimum for the game to work. I'd look towards having that much terrain per 2x4 section, at a low end.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Felime posted:

Well, there's Gamma:

And Omega:

And this is from Cites of Death so it also lacks hills/forests.

That and Codex Cityfight are really good resources.

:shrug:

E: Im the poor alignment :(

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Omega-level or GTFO!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

guess which army he is selling

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

Codex: Shield Captain on Jetbikes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Out of curiosity, are there any big unit leader roles in chaos this Khornish lass could fill?

Considering swapping my third model choice to her from this tzeentchish gal:

Who would be used as a sorceror (preferably on a disc, to look extra cool), because you dont need geneseed to shoot mind bullets. Either one wont see much use for a long while, since Chaos isn't the army I'm working towards.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

goodness posted:

The number of Deathguard armies right now in /r/miniswap is amazing, and I love the amount of salt they put into their explanation for selling / leave in the comments :allears:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Eleven Floaty Bikes and a Floaty Tank

code:
++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [75 PL, 1494pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +
Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +
Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 179pts]: Auric Aquilis, Misericordia, Salvo Launcher, Superior Creation, Warlord

+ Fast Attack +
Caladius Grav-tank (Beta) [16 PL, 315pts]: Twin Illiastus Accelerator Cannon, Twin Lastrum Bolt Cannon

Vertus Praetors [20 PL, 376pts]
4x Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 312pts]
2x Vertus Praetor: Misericordia, Salvo Launcher
Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 312pts]
2x Vertus Praetor: Misericordia, Salvo Launcher
Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter, Misericordia

++ Total: [75 PL, 1494pts] ++
It doesn’t seem too abusive (by the standards of Custards).

Three bikes take each flank and the tank and the 4 bikes go up the middle.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Without free pox walkers, the army is basically unplayable.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Mef989 posted:

The number of Deathguard armies right now in /r/miniswap is amazing, and I love the amount of salt they put into their explanation for selling / leave in the comments :allears:

The salt is real

I'm hoping to pick up some poxwalkers and vehicles for cheap.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I don't think I've ever successfully brought back more than 2 or 3 poxwalkers into a squad in any games I've played before and have still won so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

goodness posted:

The salt is real

I'm hoping to pick up some poxwalkers and vehicles for cheap.

I just chalk this up to being what happens when you buy into an army based on abusing an interaction rather than rule of cool. I prefer to play what I enjoy and get more from learning a few armies well rather than switching to the new flavor of the month.