Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Steve2911 posted:

Genuinely struggling to work out what you're talking about.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/743450/Monster_Prom/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

As someone who hasn't played any Souls game beyond Demon's, Bloodborne is aesthetically and narratively the best and basically the only execution of cosmic horror that isn't hokey and kisses Lovecraft's racist rear end.

That's not how you spell Battletech.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

man nurse posted:

All the souls games are pretty good for what they are, and people talk about them way too much imo. Stop talking about the souls games so much! Talk about something else!

sengoku turb is the dark souls of the dreamcast

Jeza posted:

ty chat thread, I will try out Fallout then. I prefer turn-based generally too. And if the writing is top-notch, it really does make all the difference to these kinds of games.

the endgame stuff in fallout 1 with the master is legit some of my favorite writing in a wrpg because if you're going diplomatic and you follow a couple sidequests you can end the game by making the guy realize "wait. i'm literally loving everything up irreparably and this person has factual proof. drat"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the endgame stuff in fallout 1 with the master is legit some of my favorite writing in a wrpg because if you're going diplomatic and you follow a couple sidequests you can end the game by making the guy realize "wait. i'm literally loving everything up irreparably and this person has factual proof. drat"

It's better than that, you convince him there's no point in existing because his master race is sterile and he blows his brains out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

That's not how you spell Battletech.

Battletech would be better as a dating sim

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Really Pants posted:

You see, when a Hunchback HBK-IIC-A and a Quickdraw QKD-IV-4 love each other very, very much...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FO1 was fun enough, but those sorts of RPGs where you have to build yourself from scratch without much guidance as to what's actually gonna work out ingame have always been kinda overwhelming to me, so I feel like I ended up relying more on guides than I would've liked. That's a me thing though, since I'm way more used to JRPGs that are just plain simpler or rely on customization over creation.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah it can be a lot worse in fallout 1 and 2 than a lot of games too, because they both just kind of dump you in and the best way to go about things usually takes you very far off the beaten path. that's even more true for fallout 2 than 1, since the lack of any real time limit means you're more free to go do simpler stuff in later game areas to get stuff that'll make early game areas easier

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tag Small Guns, Speech, and one extra skill of your choosing for the standard Fallout experience. Take the Gifted trait. Have high Agility and Intelligence.

This applies to both games.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Really Pants posted:

Battletech Age: Thirstquistion

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hi kirb

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fallout 1 can get a little frustrating as there's full friendly fire. If an ally or neutral NPC is anywhere not to your immediate left or right you could blow chunks through them like a sack of meat and then the whole town will agro you. This has the fun side effect of enemies being just as vulnerable and there's nothing like a big loving gun aimed at your head ripping a dude in half about to stab you with a spear.

Fallout 2 makes managing the party easier but it's a bit more linear than the first game and opens with a dumb tutorial dungeon where you're armed with a stick against melee enemies. It really is a Baldur's Gate to Baldur's Gate 2 situation where the first game is pretty open ended while the second is technically better but more focused and linear.

I would definitely read an LP if you can't stomach combat. The characters and scenarios shouldn't be missed.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Jay Rust posted:

Tag Small Guns, Speech, and one extra skill of your choosing for the standard Fallout experience. Take the Gifted trait. Have high Agility and Intelligence.

This applies to both games.

Cheers for tip. I was also forewarned about Wisdom in Planescape when I played it many years ago, which was good because Wisdom is always my most dumped stat. To be honest, speech-y agi types are just generally my bag so that's pretty nice.

I also by fluke managed to pick the retarded Vampire in Bloodlines when I played that, which was amazing, and I also didn't realise while I was playing why my character was so weird for a long, long time. I remember some generic conversation closer was "Who are you talking to? I'm not even here."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

it's kinda cheesy really but i love everything about the way the master looks and talks.

west coast fallout Owns

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Master and Shodan marry and their child is The Many.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Phantasium posted:

gotta sear dragon rear end to release the flavor

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Not a Children posted:

Yup, that's true. However, there was literally no reason to go back to lower valua/the sewers unless you missed an item the first time IIRC, in a game where pretty much every other locale had things to pick up/sidequests to do later on. You just pop back in for a couple of story setpieces and never really follow up, which was odd in a game where the other towns seemed to be heavily tied into the overarching story

The main thing that bugs me about Valua is that almost every single NPC in the game has a unique model...except the shopkeepers in Lower Valua

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cotton: magical night dream 2 for the sega saturn is like someone decided to make a mischief makers shmup and it rules and also

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've been playing Breath of Fire: Dragon Wuarter because BoF was one of my favorite series but I never had this game when I was a kid and honestly I like it so far even though it is so, so different

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Amount of tries it took me to beat the post game boss in Nioh: 2
The amount of tries it took me to beat the room right before the post game boss in Nioh: like 50

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shadow invited over a sweet old lady from his work (partially to feed on her). He leaves for two seconds to go to the bathroom, Robotnik sees this old lady he's never encountered and immediately beats her up.

He then tries to hit on her.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Anyone know of any open world adventure games for pc that support LAN co-op?

Had a lot of fun playing dying light co-op and I'm looking for more similar games like that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is such a vague explanation of Black Ops 4 story campaign. Black Ops 3 was a full blown story campaign with co-op, and what is being described here sounds no different from that. Considering Polygon is reporting on it, I am going to assume everything is taken way out of context.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

My collector's edition of Yakuza 6 came in today and I'm loving dying because I won't let myself play it till after my test on friday.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ohhh noooo the cute Miner Bug :ohdear:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Poops Mcgoots posted:

My collector's edition of Yakuza 6 came in today and I'm loving dying because I won't let myself play it till after my test on friday.

Give it to me mine is stuck in a warehouse somewhere :(

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Shadow invited over a sweet old lady from his work (partially to feed on her). He leaves for two seconds to go to the bathroom, Robotnik sees this old lady he's never encountered and immediately beats her up.

He then tries to hit on her.

Robotnik is a romantic after all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

This is such a vague explanation of Black Ops 4 story campaign. Black Ops 3 was a full blown story campaign with co-op, and what is being described here sounds no different from that. Considering Polygon is reporting on it, I am going to assume everything is taken way out of context.

Yeah what I hope that means is that Black Ops 4 just has a full co-op campaign

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I made a post over in the Yakuza 6 thread showing the contents of the After Hours Edition, and I can at least say that you don't need to worry too much about joining the Broken Glass Club. I'd post it here too, but I don't want to seem like I'm spamming it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Volfogg posted:

I made a post over in the Yakuza 6 thread showing the contents of the After Hours Edition, and I can at least say that you don't need to worry too much about joining the Broken Glass Club. I'd post it here too, but I don't want to seem like I'm spamming it.

Yeah, it was kind of funny realizing most of the box was styrofoam and the glasses were really packed in. I also enjoyed the art book way more than I have for other games. Only complaint is that the etching on the stones was a lot lighter than I expected, but oh well. Not like I'll ever use them anyway.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

can you get a whole bunch of different Line stickers

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

al-azad posted:

It's better than that, you convince him there's no point in existing because his master race is sterile and he blows his brains out.

And they completely fumbled this in 3 where you just tell the President to kill himself and he's "Ok."

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bar trivia: This song equating birthday cake to sex was performed by which female artist?

Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOL8fDISewA

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would have thought of that song too but that's because I'm a fan of Cibo Matto.

They were kind of disappointing live though...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDcb01h784

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Three Tit Donald Trump keeps beating me at Dawn of War 2 :negative:

I'm playing a bunch of matches against the same people since so few people are playing this game now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shadow, in pursuit of perfection, has gone to college, where he thrives by hacking his own brain to teach himself real-world skills.

Meanwhile, back home:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I don’t remember this scene from Breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

did A Hat in Time just fly under everyone's radar? I've barely heard anything about it but it's a phenomenally designed little game

• Locked thread