Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Genghis Cohen posted:

I'm not sure, but I think the special Brigada/Massacre/Daktari link requires a full five models, ie it actually is '3 MB + 1 Senor + 1 Daktari'. I know it seems weird, but the rules really are that specific for a lot of special fireteams.

If this Recon format (which I've never played) is aimed at learners or more simple games, I think trying to gain a second back up fireteam might be a bit of an error - even if it's allowed it might leave a bad taste with some of your opponents. Better to take the list building rules in the spirit they're meant and just take a conventional list.

For a small game with those restrictions, I'd advise taking a single 3 man link with a high burst weapon - your main attacking piece. Add a sniper or TR bot if you have enough SWC. That's your overwatch. Throw in a doctor and 1-2 models which either infiltrate or aerial deploy. Then fill the rest with cheerleaders. Gives you a powerful straightforward option, something to pin your opponent down or catch out his shorter-ranged stuff, and the ability to reach forward to his DZ.

Army builder is telling me "up to 3 Mobile Brigada", but you are probably right about having a backup fireteam being against the spirit of the rules.

I'll look at what I can put together with your build suggestions and see what I can come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

I saw that pic! Did the "hit" and "!" tokens come with the mercenaries box? I've only managed to get in two games, so I'm not planning to buy any of the expansions, but I do like the sound of the "sorcerer" in Smoke and mirrors (it even has a Monty Python reference!)

It does yup. It has a small sheet for the new effects and abilities and the built in dice symbols. :)

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Played some Aristeia today and managed to one shot Maximus with some lucky dice. Posted it to the WGC group for those interested.

Laxmee is pure filth and Hannibal while great I think is a bit overrated.

I didn't find that, but I found this.

Almost enough to make me wanna run Desperados. Except for the whole 'scalping' thing.

Is the uprising book going to have any new missions in it?

Cassa fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 16, 2018

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Still haven't gotten a real game in yet, but does't stop me from cross posting.

Alokgen posted:

4th mini this month for me. It feels pretty good. Going to try to keep it going.

Still need to pick out a small detail on the gun, but calling it done for now.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
That's your 4th for the month? drat, It looks great!

In that time i've gotten about 1/3rd the way through a single intruder..

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Pidgin Englishman posted:

That's your 4th for the month? drat, It looks great!

In that time i've gotten about 1/3rd the way through a single intruder..

I've been doing 1 mini a week for 4 weeks straight, so I guess 4th for the month is misleading.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Still a good effort mate, it looks great!

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
That Joan looks baller!
I still need to paint mine.

Finished Tarik and Penny. I'm gonna use her as a Zuleyka proxy.
Just need a better smaller brush and less shaky hands so I won't mess up those edge highlights.

I must admit I'm slightly upset I can't use Tarik in ITS tournaments, but I'll manage.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
So, early reports from people who have gotten Uprising say there's stuff like Celestial Guard gunning down a 15 year old girl

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Was she trying to escape the mass grave they'd been forcing her to dig?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Clawtopsy posted:

So, early reports from people who have gotten Uprising say there's stuff like Celestial Guard gunning down a 15 year old girl

A new moral low for the faction that uses brainwashed political prisoners fitted with explosive collars as targeting markers for guided missile strikes.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
She was probably really a 5000 year old daemon

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Not a viking posted:

She was probably really a 5000 year old daemon

those crafty tunguska operatives

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

A new moral low for the faction that uses brainwashed political prisoners fitted with explosive collars as targeting markers for guided missile strikes.

It's ok they are all bad people.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Cassa posted:

It's ok they are all bad people.

I mean, Celestial Guards are cops. Shooting minority children is the most realistic thing about them.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

15 is prime Mahou Shoujo age. That girl was a WMD in disguise.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Sounds like Americans today

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A celestial guard successfully hitting someone not with a flashlight? more pano scaremongering

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Infinity The Game: Could be Clearer by Intent

im all outta suggestiosn

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Are we talking thread titles again? I thought you were going with Bit & Kiss Tape is Real

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Bit one is legit my favourite.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Anything would be good. I'm tired of this one :(

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

dying for aleph's silk profits

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

oh hey new gabe

oh wait hmmmm

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

8 more posts of pages, or do you guys want me to just trigger the new one when I get home?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Cat Face Joe posted:

oh hey new gabe

I'm the armoured breast massage pads.

Just run the new one? Or poo poo post this out in style.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

>implying the shitposting's not gonna carry on to the new one

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

oh hey new gabe

oh wait hmmmm

One group are the blue-armoured, sword-wielding zealous elite warriors of a monolithic government adhering to an ancient religion, the other are 40k Space Marines.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Yeah, the only real difference is you can buy 4 of the top ones for less than one of the bottom ones.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I see no tactical rock on the bottom one, which is the primary identifier of an Infinity model :colbert:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I see no tactical rock on the bottom one, which is the primary identifier of an Infinity model :colbert:

Well-sculpted, supple buttocks underneath the tabbard flap that you will have to glue on.

"have to"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm the armoured breast massage pads.

I'll do it when I get home tomorrow

grassy gnoll posted:

Well-sculpted, supple buttocks underneath the tabbard flap that you will have to glue on.

"have to"

Supple Batroid Buttocks

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

yeah i dont think its out of character for the faction but it is the "rape as a backstory" of showing that an authoritarian state is bad with a capital b

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

also: Does the EI dream of alien sheep?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
The ei dreams of someone failing a sepsistor dodge

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Or to fail the check.

Fuckin Tohaa rolling 20s

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
They can't sepsistor you if you never had a cube.

What if you have a backup? Clone Ko Dali.

Clawtopsy posted:

yeah i dont think its out of character for the faction but it is the "rape as a backstory" of showing that an authoritarian state is bad with a capital b

I'm honestly really bored of the Hard Men making Hard Choices, those choices usually being murdering everyone. I don't need the authoritarian Asian state to double down on atrocities. Especially when it all kind of reads as weird reverse WW2?

It's all really tiring and actively pushes me away from the game. It's easy to ignore the fluff by myself, and even with friends, then you jump on the facebook groups or such and people talking about how JSA deserves it all?

Edit: Not to say Infinity is the only or the worst offender of this sort of background material.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 18, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It's not as bad as most of the hardcore MO players, at least. Mostly.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I like that there's depth to the fluff, but everytime I actually try and dive in... Nah. It's not exactly best-seller material (and I can't imagine the translation issues help).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

It's not as bad as most of the hardcore MO players, at least. Mostly.

hey, I was told of some local dude that painted swastikas on Corregidor models, no one is safe

• Locked thread