Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Catfishenfuego posted:

I'm partial to the time when Pat (I think) quietly responded to 'come over here' with 'cummies over here' and then denied he'd done it.

Pat is capable of both good and evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
https://twitter.com/pizza_suplex/status/979894450481754113?lang=en

This is my favorite Pat tweet.

Also happy birthday to our boy Griffin.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

drat, Filmbreakers and the board-game show were the only ones I regularly enjoy so this sucks

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

It's too bad Justin's so busy these days because he and bdg teaming up on FMV quest is Very Good

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Harvester is so loving buck wild. I'd watch Justin and BDG do an entire LP of it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

He's on the real FMV Quest now (fatherhood, more volume)

I really thought I'd have a better acronym by the time it came to the end of that sentence, this was disappointing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Fatherhood, Married Vows

You cretin. You loon

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I let you down coach, I'm sorry.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
When we fall, we need to get up, son

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Public G going live in a few

E: whoops it’s live now

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Colonel Whitey posted:

Public G going live in a few

E: whoops it’s live now

And this first match is amazing. They actually look competent again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I successfully got into awful squad war mode

keep your eyes peeled for when i manage to kill griffin(?) and brian only to get killed by russ

(also I don't understand how anyone can streamsnipe, I have solid internet and as soon as I actually got into the game youtube just stopped loading completely)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LOL if you don't have a second internet connection that you use exclusively for watching video game streams so you can snipe them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flatluigi posted:

killed by russ

Shameful.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SpacePig posted:

Shameful.

creationist believer posted:

Harvester is so loving buck wild. I'd watch Justin and BDG do an entire LP of it.

After watching slowbbeef's LP of it, I can see why they did an abbreviated version of it. No way the firemen would make it on to a polygon approved video.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

flatluigi posted:

I successfully got into awful squad war mode

keep your eyes peeled for when i manage to kill griffin(?) and brian only to get killed by russ

(also I don't understand how anyone can streamsnipe, I have solid internet and as soon as I actually got into the game youtube just stopped loading completely)

Need fatter pipes, bro

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
https://twitter.com/BantamSam13/status/986367683775094784

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I can't wait until Saturday, I'm gonna throw that little boy straight at Jormungandr's giant loving eye, probably.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What game is this

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

What game is this

God of War (2018)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghqkwxZHLk

at last, videogames are art

farewell, video games

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

ElNarez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghqkwxZHLk

at last, videogames are art

farewell, video games

loving Pat is an acrobat

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

No kidding.

"Oh of course Brian can do a headsta- *flip* Pat!?"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

No kidding.

"Oh of course Brian can do a headsta- *flip* Pat!?"

That flawless transition to an expressionless Russian jig or whatever it's called absolutely slayed me, and I need somebody to make a gif of that whole trick, basically.

e: Also, has something happened? Why are all of these Polygon shows ending?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Given the ever-expanding streaming schedule, I'm guessing they decided streams are more cost and time efficient than short videos needing a lot of post production and editing. Plus, the streams seem to get a lot more views. It's too bad because talking head streams get real boring, and I appreciated the dumb, surreal poo poo Polygon has been doing the past year or so.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SpacePig posted:

That flawless transition to an expressionless Russian jig or whatever it's called absolutely slayed me, and I need somebody to make a gif of that whole trick, basically.

e: Also, has something happened? Why are all of these Polygon shows ending?

I reckon that they have reviews of what's getting watched, what's not, and what they feel they still have in the tank, and make adjustments accordingly. Better to have a series end early before the joke goes super-stale and starts souring the entire series retroactively.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah I hope they don’t stop doing more produced videos. Clayton would be out of a job.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I just went down the list of all their 2018 videos, and outside of Monster Factory, Fortnite/PUBG mobile, and release-week streams of popular titles, they don't really have anything that gets a significant number of views. Even Awful Squad's numbers are a third of what they used to be.

KEEP [clap emoji] POLYGON [clap emoji] WEIRD

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I miss SEO Play.

Maybe they're gearing up for a fun new video series that's gonna take up their time. At least that's what I hope.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, my hope is that they're scrapping what they're doing because they have some new, fun stuff in the pipeline. It just seemed like it was a few different shows within, like, a week of one another.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Well, judging by Polygone But Not Forgotten, they stealth cancelled We Fought A Zoo.

Which I didn't love exactly, but c'mon.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 18, 2018

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
They've been cycling out their content a lot the past few months, which unfortunately feels like what a lot of media companies do when they have a sudden spike in popularity and expand to take advantage, but then can't maintain the numbers. Monster Factory was big for a long time, but not much of their other content got real popular until everything Nick and Griffin touched seemed to explode. They've had a steady decline since the Incident but still hiring new people solely to produce videos. Constantly changing up their shows just seems like hoping something will stick.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Tara cancelled all the shows because they had too much movement

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I guess it could also be a wider Vox Media thing, too. Jon Bois has a new show Dorktown which he basically described (maybe jokingly) as Chart Party, but worse, and he had a plug for Polygon at the end of it, which I don't think I've seen before on the handful of SB Nation stuff I've seen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

There may be a less depressing reason for it which is that they share the building with other Vox stuff like SB Nation and they may be limiting the number of shows they do that cause a lot of noise. Simone has frequently lamented that the recording rooms are not soundproof and they've gotten scolded for making a racket and disrupting work for other people at the office.

There was no Game Ogre this week either, and that, Filmbreakers, Yellface, VG Theater, are all series where I'm sure the laughter blasts through the walls. Whereas Monster Factory is done remotely, Gill & Gillbert is done after hours, and Awful Squad is people with headphones (and even still Pat warns them at times not to spike their volume).

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

This is why we need more laconic nonsense, like Lets Play the Baseball Game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

There may be a less depressing reason for it which is that they share the building with other Vox stuff like SB Nation and they may be limiting the number of shows they do that cause a lot of noise. Simone has frequently lamented that the recording rooms are not soundproof and they've gotten scolded for making a racket and disrupting work for other people at the office.

I hope they figure out how to simply put some sound baffles onto the walls soon.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

If they’re being told to keep the racket down then that’s really going to snuff out any fun. The videos are good when the creators are having fun and being loud and laughing a lot are what you do when you’re having fun.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Gill & Gilbert is so loving good.

https://twitter.com/NoraReed/status/986736867470012416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Their reaction when they realized that they had forgotten to show the gameplay for an entire round was funny.