Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (35m) MIL (60s, married to wife, 35, for 10 years) threw away about 200lbs of Elk meat I'd hunted/harvested. I am so hurt/sad/angry I'm afraid I might do or say something terrible.

quote:

I mean when I get a kill I sit next to the animal in tears, praying, thanking it for it's sacrifice.

MIL is a bad person, but please try to be less hilarious when discussing your problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (35m) MIL (60s, married to wife, 35, for 10 years) threw away about 200lbs of Elk meat I'd hunted/harvested. I am so hurt/sad/angry I'm afraid I might do or say something terrible.

Find a shaman to place an Elk curse on your MIL

Well for starters Dances With Wolves here should sack up and understand that animals like deer and elk are hunted specifically because their population would spiral out of control if we didn't cull the herd routinely every season, which is why licenses have limits. So it's either kill them or deal with the consequences. Secondly, he absolutely should sue his MIL for the estimated cost of the meat because, win or lose, she'll probably be out of their lives forever.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jeza posted:

I'm late to it, but going to a strip club with your dad? What the gently caress is that??

Didnt Al take Bud to the nudie bar when he turned 18

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't like that guy in that sorry because he respects deer. Deer are loving trash. He should put aside his bow, grab a machine gun, kill as many as possible. loving deer. They're loving giant rats. gently caress deer. They don't deserve any tears.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I mean, in his shoes I'm furious about the elk meat but I also definitely lol'd at the bit where he gets spiritual over the corpses of deers and is in floods of tears about their 'sacrifice'. just lmao

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

He should force his MIL to hunt him a new elk herself. :unsmigghh:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

SpazmasterX posted:

Well for starters Dances With Wolves here should sack up and understand that animals like deer and elk are hunted specifically because their population would spiral out of control if we didn't cull the herd routinely every season, which is why licenses have limits. So it's either kill them or deal with the consequences. Secondly, he absolutely should sue his MIL for the estimated cost of the meat because, win or lose, she'll probably be out of their lives forever.

Agreed, but lets not forget the telling little detail of the OP being sent to a hotel, not the MIL

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I don't like that guy in that sorry because he respects deer. Deer are loving trash. He should put aside his bow, grab a machine gun, kill as many as possible. loving deer. They're loving giant rats. gently caress deer. They don't deserve any tears.

if a deer is a giant rat an elk is a mammoth rat that hates you & wants to gently caress you up, specifically. they're a league apart.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

La Brea Carpet posted:

Agreed, but lets not forget the telling little detail of the OP being sent to a hotel, not the MIL

I'm more inclined to believe that was easier for this spineless wife then to try and get her mother to leave at that moment.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

This is the part where I just had to laugh. The two softest people on earth treating their home like a lizard tail as they run off to cry more.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Man the backstory for the Minnesota Shrike from Hannibal is really lame.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm more inclined to believe that was easier for this spineless wife then to try and get her mother to leave at that moment.

Honestly it probably was

Spine or no, she seems like the kind of person where trying to get her to leave because she did something she is enough of an idiot not to recognize as wrong is an hours-long endeavor

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

La Brea Carpet posted:

When you're so woke you create a hostile work environment.

Hostile woke environment.

I'm gonna open a bar in Portland with this name, and ther only meat served will be either from hunted game or dead white mothers in law.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

loquacius posted:

Honestly it probably was

Spine or no, she seems like the kind of person where trying to get her to leave because she did something she is enough of an idiot not to recognize as wrong is an hours-long endeavor

It's pretty simple of you are willing to burn the relationship. You tell them to leave, and get physical if they won't.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Jeza posted:

I mean, in his shoes I'm furious about the elk meat but I also definitely lol'd at the bit where he gets spiritual over the corpses of deers and is in floods of tears about their 'sacrifice'. just lmao

That's how sacrifices work. You make them by having no choice in the matter and its forced upon you with a bullet.

I also hate the idea of hurting animals, I even find it hard sometimes to kill bugs. How would that translate to the idea of personally shooting one myself?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

La Brea Carpet posted:

Find a shaman to place an Elk curse on your MIL

quote:

It went south from the second she got out of security at the airport when she told my wife "you know, when my friend Jane's daughter picks her mom up the airport, she's able to meet her at the gate. Why didn't you try that?"

Where the gently caress does she live that you can meet people at the gate, 1998?

Also go hunting with your mother in law, it'll be fun!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Also lol at those loving morons for allowing her to stay in the first place because it was the "right" thing to do.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can’t even get proper game elk legally, bushmeat isn’t legal in the USA. Farmed elk is not the same.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

therobit posted:

It's pretty simple of you are willing to burn the relationship. You tell them to leave, and get physical if they won't.

I mean, I feel like I have to know the disposition of the rest of OP's wife's family toward her and their relationship

because she would absolutely go crying to everyone who would listen if OP's wife "got physical" with her

Admiral Ray posted:

Also lol at those loving morons for allowing her to stay in the first place because it was the "right" thing to do.

I'm totally on board with this lol though

Someone is either safe to be allowed in your life and home, or they're not

+1 lol for continuing to allow her to stay after she immediately broke their ground rules

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Admiral Ray posted:

It's not even a case of "Well she's done lovely things to me but my wife has a good relationship"

No, man. You both hate her and this is what happens when two doormats get married.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Their child is going to be born without bones, like a flatworm

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Pick posted:

Their child is going to be born without bones, like a flatworm

And equally as parasitic.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If you are a guest at someone’s house and you go through their fridge/freezer and throw out anything for any reason other than “hey, I found out this pork is actually people” you should be thrown out like the garbage you are.

Yes, there’s wiggle room like if you don’t live here and are super close or an SO or something and the food is rancid or w/e but you know drat well what I’m talking about you rule lawyers.

And that’s a another thing you know back in my d

I (25F) used a friend's (29F) train ticket, got busted, have to pay a fine for identity fraud. My friend is getting into trouble too. Should I pay her fine too as she's asking ?

quote:

I live in Germany, and the train here is pretty expensive. As I had no job, my roommate offered to lend me her student's ticket that is valid in the whole region. She said if they asked for my ID, I should just say I don't have it, and she can go to the station the next day to show her ID. Easy, right ? I happily accept, go around with no problem for a few weeks.

Until once - when saying to the conductor that I don't have my ID, he tells me he's got to call the police to determine my identity. I obviously don't want to bring an identity matter in front of the police. I give up my pride, tell the conductor this isn't my ticket, get the usual 60€ fine, am pissed off but well, I deserved it.

Fast forward 4 months. I get a Bundespolizei letter at my place, I am accused of fraud. Turns out travelling with someone else's ticket gets you in waaay more trouble than travelling without any (I honestly had no idea and thought my case was closed after I paid the initial fine). So I'm still waiting on the amount but it's gonna be bad.

2 more months - my roommate also got a letter, she wasn't allowed to lend her ticket so she's also into trouble. We don't know yet if they're gonna open a case for her, but she's probably gonna get a fine too, and she said we have to see what we'd do in that case cause "I don't want to be responsible for this, I can't see why I'd have to pay for this".

I replied that I don't want to be bitchy, but that she also took her share of responsibility by lending me her ticket, and I'm already getting a huge fine. We're both responsible, we'd both pay, seems legit. I feel really bad about the fact she's in trouble, but I honestly can't see why I would pay her share too. I don't want us to be in bad terms because of this, so maybe I should just pay at least half of her fine - people are more important than money. The fact that she asked me to pay it bugs me though.

Also I currently have an income of about 400€ per month, which isn't really helping. I should receive social help soon, and a laboratory is waiting for funds to hire me, but yeah, my situation is difficult to say the least.

So : should I pay, or should I explain to her that I won't pay and why ?

Thank you in advance !

UPDATE : I will offer to help her pay the fine, because indeed, people are more important than money, and she was trying to help me. Thank you all for commenting and helping me in my decision :)

TL;DR : I used a friend's train ticket, got busted, am paying huge fine for identity fraud. Friend got into trouble too cause she's not allowed to lend her ticket, she now wants me to pay her fine as well. I don't know what to do, especially as my income is very very low.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Where the gently caress is she going with no job and pennies a day in income?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

SpazmasterX posted:

Probably going to throw someone’s elk out you know how kids are these days smh

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

SpazmasterX posted:

Job interview?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Any friend willing to commit fraud for you is a friend worth keeping, pay her fine.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

girl pants posted:

Job interview?

She's got a job lined up, apparently. No mention of these train rides being involved.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
well in THAT case, she's clearly Doing Something Wrong And Deserves To Be Punished. she should hide in her Shame Shanty until the Jobhavers reward her with Citizen Dollars, so she can enjoy the amenities of Citizenhood.

edit- probably sucking drugs so she can smoke dicks no dount in my mind.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How the gently caress are these two grown rear end adults getting so owned by their crazy newly vegan MIL? How the gently caress was the outcome them paying for a hotel rather than kicking MIL out and making her get a hotel? How could she reduce her daughter to tears over popsicles? MIL sounds awful but holy poo poo this couple are spineless and pathetic.

They agreed to host her on certain conditions, she broke those conditions on the car ride home. Dump her at the nearest motel and go home and enjoy your extremely emotionally significant meat. Or ok, you let MIL drive you to tears but she's family so you let her stay. She throws out all the meat, like 4k worth of meat. Once again, you kick her out. You don't need to flip the gently caress out and cry like a baby or stomp around throwing a tantrum in a hotel room. You firmly explain she needs to leave, and they'll be expecting restitution for the meat otherwise you'll be seeing her in small claims court.

If taking her to small claims court is too much of a hassle just sever. Jesus christ sever from this lovely woman. Also maybe get therapy if someone criticizing your popsicles sends you into crying fits. Can this family do anything without crying?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Pick posted:

You can’t even get proper game elk legally, bushmeat isn’t legal in the USA. Farmed elk is not the same.

I doubt really understand what you are getting ary here. Its legal to take wild elk with a license and tag right here in Oregon. I know people that hunt elk every year, in both bow and rifle season.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Baronjutter posted:

How the gently caress are these two grown rear end adults getting so owned by their crazy newly vegan MIL? How the gently caress was the outcome them paying for a hotel rather than kicking MIL out and making her get a hotel? How could she reduce her daughter to tears over popsicles? MIL sounds awful but holy poo poo this couple are spineless and pathetic.

They agreed to host her on certain conditions, she broke those conditions on the car ride home. Dump her at the nearest motel and go home and enjoy your extremely emotionally significant meat. Or ok, you let MIL drive you to tears but she's family so you let her stay. She throws out all the meat, like 4k worth of meat. Once again, you kick her out. You don't need to flip the gently caress out and cry like a baby or stomp around throwing a tantrum in a hotel room. You firmly explain she needs to leave, and they'll be expecting restitution for the meat otherwise you'll be seeing her in small claims court.

If taking her to small claims court is too much of a hassle just sever. Jesus christ sever from this lovely woman. Also maybe get therapy if someone criticizing your popsicles sends you into crying fits. Can this family do anything without crying?

The man cannot stomp on a bug without crying so no

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

therobit posted:

I doubt really understand what you are getting ary here. Its legal to take wild elk with a license and tag right here in Oregon. I know people that hunt elk every year, in both bow and rifle season.
You can hunt wild game, you just can't buy it at the yuppie grocery.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I think it was probably less about the popsicles and more about the lifetime of emotional abuse

which, yes, should have been their cue to kick her out, they missed so many cues to kick her out

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Honestly just open up the relationship and get in a person who isn't a loving pissbaby to handle your problems like an adult

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Please explain. Do you mean buy game elk? I literally just ate an elk steak last night that was game elk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

Honestly just open up the relationship and get in a person who isn't a loving pissbaby to handle your problems like an adult

People willing to be third parties in established relationships are called "unicorns" because of how rare they are

What you're describing is so mythical a literal unicorn would roll its eyes and bray with laughter

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Am I the only one who heard a twee loving my morning jacket indie rock bullshit soundtrack while reading elk man's post?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

loquacius posted:

People willing to be third parties in established relationships are called "unicorns" because of how rare they are

What you're describing is so mythical a literal unicorn would roll its eyes and bray with laughter

It is still more realistic than either of these retarded ooze creatures managing to stand up for themselves in literally anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Sorry y'all are so inured to the overwhelming beauty of the world that you can ice a literal ton of rampaging animal and feel nothing in your cold, dead hearts. i bet y'all laugh when you four wheel over a burrowing owl nest, too.