Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

:circlefap:

That'll be enough for me to ignore my 'avoid all streams before release' policy. Doing Gods work, cKnoor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Finally gonna call this thing done.

If anyone else is interested in using it, once I figure out how to shove it into the game, I'll share it. Pretty happy with how it ended up. About all I think I'd change now is a bit more detail to the Justice card, but I have no idea how I'd go about that with my skills. Still, its come a long way since my original version:

KillianLett
Jan 21, 2008
Mostly Average
I brought in a Stooping Hawk mini to sit on my desk at work so I can remember the good ole days while I wait for Tuesday. :unsmith:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i used to be a message board administrator on Something Awful give me an early access key so i can play battletech now instead of in a week and i will advertise it on the popular website forum that is definitely not dead and gay

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I've finally caved and watched Cohh's YT stuff from the start and I was pleasantly surprised by seeing that you can pick an "he, she, they" pronoun for the player's character. This is the only game I can think of (other than Sunless Sea) that allows it and it's a nice touch.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

I've finally caved and watched Cohh's YT stuff from the start and I was pleasantly surprised by seeing that you can pick an "he, she, they" pronoun for the player's character. This is the only game I can think of (other than Sunless Sea) that allows it and it's a nice touch.

The new South Park game allows this too to an even greater extent but given that it's South Park it's hard to know if they're taking the piss or not.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That Italian Guy posted:

Yeah, was happy with that as well. Shows that progressive voices within the company are being listened to and that's great.

Didn't stop the comments on YT and elsewhere from making a big stink out of it, but that's nothing new.

:siren: Countdown: 5 more days :siren:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That Italian Guy posted:

Guess what people are very mad about in battletech

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nickiepoo posted:

The new South Park game allows this too to an even greater extent but given that it's South Park it's hard to know if they're taking the piss or not.

Given that it's South Park, would it matter if they were or not? They'll make fun of basically anyone and anything, so having the option doesn't really make you more or less of a target in that context. It fills in a word in a sentence generator.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Given that it's South Park, would it matter if they were or not? They'll make fun of basically anyone and anything, so having the option doesn't really make you more or less of a target in that context. It fills in a word in a sentence generator.

Well either it's there because they're mocking the concept or it's there because they're mocking people who take issue with the concept (or both, as you say), but I'm only part way through so it's hard to tell.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
But can I choose to be a bird? :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nickiepoo posted:

Well either it's there because they're mocking the concept or it's there because they're mocking people who take issue with the concept (or both, as you say), but I'm only part way through so it's hard to tell.

I'd wager their position is about the same it is on other poo poo, mock the people who get overly butthurt about it on either side, because ultimately it's not THAT big a deal on a relative scale so being a huge rear end in a top hat about it is stupid regardless of your position. So the option is probably in good faith, with a side lesson of "hey, keep things in perspective because otherwise you look like a crazy person".

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I'd wager their position is about the same it is on other poo poo, mock the people who get overly butthurt about it on either side, because ultimately it's not THAT big a deal on a relative scale so being a huge rear end in a top hat about it is stupid regardless of your position. So the option is probably in good faith, with a side lesson of "hey, keep things in perspective because otherwise you look like a crazy person".

Rednecks try to beat you up for being cis-gendered so that's probably correct.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pirate Radar posted:

But can I choose to be a bird? :colbert:

Nope, still can't be a godlike of Hylea :(

Can't even get a pet birb as a Ranger even though we know they programmed a bird companion in for Maia. :negative:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zore posted:

Nope, still can't be a godlike of Hylea :(

Can't even get a pet birb as a Ranger even though we know they programmed a bird companion in for Maia. :negative:

Oh hey, someone else who's checking both the PoE: Deadfire and Battletech threads

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pattonesque posted:

Oh hey, someone else who's checking both the PoE: Deadfire and Battletech threads

lol, goddammit. I had the other tab open and totally forgot what thread I was in.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Huge news just announced on the Battletech stream right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Backer Keys are going out this weekend, Preload on Monday!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Would it be wrong to burn a sick day to play battletech?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's interesting, i feel like usually only major AAA big budget games bother with a preload

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It might be a bigass download?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

OB_Juan posted:

I mean, how many do you get per year?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

SirFozzie posted:

Huge news just announced on the Battletech stream right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Backer Keys are going out this weekend, Preload on Monday!

Not soon enough :argh: . I honestly can't remember the last time I was this eager for a launch day. Even games I'm kind of excited about I'm fine waiting a couple of months for a sale or whatever these days now I'm old and boring.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RosaParksOfDip posted:

It might be a bigass download?

i've got my fingers crossed for "unexpectedly massive amount of preorders" for isildur's sake

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
As someone currently stuck on lovely loving internet I really appreciate this.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i've got my fingers crossed for "unexpectedly massive amount of preorders" for isildur's sake

Plausible given its showing on the steam sales charts. And plenty of people buy through other sites, too.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Won't somebody think of the 9000 Steam users in Australia!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Internet Explorer posted:

Won't somebody think of the 9000 Steam users in Australia!

You say this, but I lived in a rural area here in the States and boy were preloads a godsend for that situation too, because gently caress the bootleg garbage we get stuck with.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It was mostly sarcasm because a report came out that said there was only 9,000 Steam users in Australia or some garbage. Preloading is cool and should just be a default thing Steam does.

ChristopherOdd has been uploading BT videos to YouTube and made a comment that he's getting the full game tomorrow. Sounds like that's probably the case for all the streamers. That being said, he's an insanely slow learner and constantly makes mistakes. I didn't think you could be much worse than Cohh, but he manages it. I don't think I can watch any more videos or streams, watching these people play has become frustrating due to how bad they are. I mean, I have watched probably 20-30 hours of streaming, so it's probably time to take a break anyways.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
This game hit my Steam queue and looks good because I like mechs and TBS games. What's the best video to convince me on buying it right now?

I watched the multiplayer video in the OP so far and that's about it, surprised no Giant bomb clips or the like.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cowcaster posted:

that's interesting, i feel like usually only major AAA big budget games bother with a preload

This is a big burger Triple-F game. Bring on the Battletech!

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Phi230 posted:

Guess what people are very mad about in battletech
The amount of poo poo I've had thrown at me over this. Uggggh. Still, I've had NB people contact me to thank me for it; one of those is worth a hundred angry KotakuInAction posters.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is a big burger Triple-F game. Bring on the Battletech!
People have described us as 'triple-I' which i think is pretty great. :)

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Mo_Steel posted:

This game hit my Steam queue and looks good because I like mechs and TBS games. What's the best video to convince me on buying it right now?

I watched the multiplayer video in the OP so far and that's about it, surprised no Giant bomb clips or the like.

I think they only gave advanced copies to a handful of people and these weren't the full game. Christopher Odd was one. I watched a little and it was enough to sell me on it. The first couple of episodes are really slow and a little frustrating to watch as he figures it out though. If you just want to see a little in action I'd go for a later one.

Looks like more might have gone out now though as he's just started a new series of the complete campaign rather than just the limited preview.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 19, 2018

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018
It pales in comparison to robot gladiators.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

isildur posted:

The amount of poo poo I've had thrown at me over this. Uggggh.

To hell with those people, you did a good thing here.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mo_Steel posted:

It's hard to show off both the campaign and the turned-based combat in a reasonable amount of time. For sheer enthusiasm, a bunch of people in the thread like this one.

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft1mzn0FyJ0

Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OncJWeODv2M

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

OB_Juan posted:

I was enjoying the my first day of unemployment and looking forward to playing Battletech for 10 hours straight every day for the forseeable future, when today HR rang me and offered to keep me on for a couple more weeks in a different job. I accepted. :negative:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

isildur posted:

The amount of poo poo I've had thrown at me over this. Uggggh. Still, I've had NB people contact me to thank me for it; one of those is worth a hundred angry KotakuInAction posters.

Should have just changed the only option to they/them/theirs and put all the portraits in the same category. :getin:

DeepThrobble
Sep 18, 2006
Streams are up on BT's game directory. (fair warning: spoilers might appear in the preview images) :siren:

You can also follow the game instead of a particular streamer by clicking on the heart icon in the above page; then if anyone's streaming under it a big ol' BT cover should appear at the bottom of your normal twitch following page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

isildur posted:

Not NB, but wanted to take the opportunity to offer a word of thanks. Inclusivity is awesome. :)

quote:

People have described us as 'triple-I' which i think is pretty great. :)

And this is pretty fantastic too. :)