Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Palpek posted:

lmao aren't you collecting taxidermy?

Tons. Just tons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SpazmasterX posted:

Gotta do something with all that space or it's like "why did I buy such a big empty house"
Big houses are a waste too. I saw a program that tracked people around their mcmansions, and shockingly, they travel and hang out in the same small areas 99% of the time. Unless you've got a big family, there's really no reason to have houses much bigger than 2k square feet.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Leon Einstein posted:

10 bucks seems like a lot for a useless thing that takes up space in your house.

They’re all over peoples cubes at work. Which I suppose exposes the only reason to buy one, the office gift exchange. Sure it’s not “mandatory,” but is $10 really too much to not be the antisocial pariah?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Lethrom posted:

Have you not been to literally any store that sells music, video games, or music in the past decade? Seems like every one I go into has at least one wall dedicated to the ugly shits.

Huh. Now that you mention it, nope.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

let me fill up your big empty house. I need a place to set up a walk-in CNC machine, I'll even put a little plastic Optimus Prime head on the spindle so you can pretend it's all a big Transformer toy vwoot vwoot

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

blugu64 posted:

They’re all over peoples cubes at work. Which I suppose exposes the only reason to buy one, the office gift exchange. Sure it’s not “mandatory,” but is $10 really too much to not be the antisocial pariah?

If I get one of these from a gift exchange at work it's going in a beaker of piranha while the giver watches

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hello, my wife hates kids and never wanted to have them so I made her a mother???

My [39m] wife [30f] doesn't like our kids or kids in general. Now we have them and she's not a good mother. I don't know what to do.

quote:

My wife Katherine and I have been together for 7 years and married for 4 years. She's always really hated dependency, when our cat had kittens she didn't like the kittens even because they were dependent on their mother but she liked them when they grew up.

She moved out at 16 even though she had an amazing relationship with her parents she just wanted to be independent and worked constantly during high school. She told me that she had an abortion when she was 19 and never wanted kids. She was very responsible with birth Control from that point on and always has been until she forgot to take a pill or something and we winded up pregnant. I told her I wanted to keep it and She obliged because she knew how much it meant to me to be a dad.

During the pregnancy she ate what SHE wanted (but didn't drink alcohol, she doesn't drink ever anyway) and didn't take her vitamins like I told her to. We ended up having twins, two girls. When they were first born she told me she didn't have a bond with them. She did everything for them that she needed to, changed their diapers fed them, etc never neglected them. I thought it was normal that she didn't bond with them because I've heard that happening with new mothers but it never went away.

She's never acted motherly to them, not once and our kids are 2 years old when they fall down or hurt themselves in a very minor and not serious way she won't comfort them. She'll just help them up and let them cry. She won't read to them and when they hug her she won't hug them back. There's no emotional attachment there. She's never wanted to do their hair or color/play with them. She hates Disney movies and everything that they like. It's always me who has to do that stuff.

Still, she's a great mom in the sense that she will feed them and care for them, making their food and everything. I've fought with her about it and she Always says that she'll like them when they grow up for sure, she just doesn't feel very attached to them right now. My wife isn't a narcissist by any means either. I get sick often and whenever I am this way she takes care of me incredibly well, waiting on me hand and foot. She's always very affectionate towards me, but not them. The other moms at the daycare we take them to try to make friends with my wife but she doesn't want any part of it. They think she's stuck up now because she's told them she doesn't want to be friends with any moms and she definitely doesn't want to have play dates at our house which would involve another person's young kid at our house. I don't know what to do.

TL;dr my wife isn't very motherly and she's a mother
Also "it's always me who has to do that stuff" sounds like he thinks those aren't things a father should do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Palpek posted:

Hello, my wife hates kids and never wanted to have them so I made her a mother???

My [39m] wife [30f] doesn't like our kids or kids in general. Now we have them and she's not a good mother. I don't know what to do.

Also "it's always me who has to do that stuff" sounds like he thinks those aren't things a father should do.

help reddit my incubator is sulking

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Miserable Maid posted:

People always say this when Pops get brought up and I don't understand. The reason FunkoPops sell so much is because they're basically the only vinyl figurine collectables that are affordable, the market is specifically because while you'd think twice spending, say 20 bucks on a toy, at around 9.99 it's an impulse buy, which ends up adding up.

It's like wondering why people buy fast food instead of making a nice steak. It's cheap and easy
Yeah but I'd rather have a nedroid than 7 funko pops.

It's fine when someone has one or two but when they've 'compromised' on 'only' buying $30 of pops a week that's something else.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Palpek posted:

She pretty clearly didn't want kids but she's not neglecting them or appear to be abusing them physically or emotionally. So she sucks as a "mom" and the kids will know it, but dad connects with them emotionally and if she does become more attached as they get older they'll probably not be any worse for wear. At least she's around.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

Palpek posted:

I'm putting this guy in a beaker of piranha

Help reddit the person who actively hates doing the thing I'm making her do apparently has no interest in it????? why

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That guy is hilarious:

quote:

What's your work balance like? Does she work? It's a shame to hear how disinterested she is in being a mum, but by the sounds of things it's something you already knew and she was very honest about. So time to be more realistic.

Considering the fact that as you are the one who wanted children it makes sense that you take the brunt of the responsibility. Then she will get to feel like herself again and will resent them less and you will be the stay at home parent and will take them to daycare yourself. Is this possible?

OP posted:

Yes she works 6 days a week, I work 5. With my salary alone we would be fine, but she doesn't want to give up here job she's very career driven and I respect that so much, she has the option of not working but wants to. I'm the same way though, I wouldn't give up my job that I've worked many years to get.
He couldn't even read that as somebody suggesting that he be the stay at home dad. Help, help this woman never wanted to be a mother and I always wanted to be a dad, now it's all hosed but hey, I'm not giving up anything, don't expect me to take the nurturing role given the circumstances, I'm here to whine.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SpazmasterX posted:

She pretty clearly didn't want kids but she's not neglecting them or appear to be abusing them physically or emotionally. So she sucks as a "mom" and the kids will know it, but dad connects with them emotionally and if she does become more attached as they get older they'll probably not be any worse for wear. At least she's around.
Eh, I'd say having a mother that has no nurturing instinct and doesn't "hug back" will definitely leave those kids worse for the wear. :(

The dad made a mistake by having children with her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

girl pants posted:

I'm putting this guy in a beaker of piranha

Help reddit the person who actively hates doing the thing I'm making her do apparently has no interest in it????? why

And yet she’s still doing due diligence. So stop fuckibg whining you life-raper

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also taxidermy isn’t a “collection” it’s a person museum and an ark of death.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
PersonAL

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm genuinely interested in someone who moved out of a good home voluntarily at age 16.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

I'm genuinely interested in someone who moved out of a good home voluntarily at age 16.

You still gotta wait 2 years

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Leon Einstein posted:

Eh, I'd say having a mother that has no nurturing instinct and doesn't "hug back" will definitely leave those kids worse for the wear. :(

Maybe, but my mom was never a hugging or touchy feely kind of mom and there's nothing wrong with me now besides my intense sexual perversions.

Wait poo poo

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

eh. the kids might grow up with some emotional trouble but it's better than a parent who is actively abusive through malice or neglect. kids are resilient, at worst they'll just be tough and emotionally distant teens

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

PersonAL

sure, if your collection isn't very ambitious

Leon Einstein posted:

maybe compared to some hypothetical perfect childhood but that's a pretty normal situation, they're not gonna be damaged goods forever cause mommy didn't kiss their boo-boos

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

vudan posted:

Maybe I am overthinking it. So many goons are providing sensible advice, but can't gauge a reaction or effect.

:murder: and :killing: is the most sensible advice there is.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wahhhh my mom didn’t hug me enough ——- a guy who now is afraid to call to order a pizza to his poo poo hovel and breathes a sigh of relief he can do it online

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I know people like that mom and trust me, they're garbage in a lot of other ways too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh wait

That’s the guy

Who was HUGGED TOO MUCH

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Pick posted:

Also taxidermy isn’t a “collection” it’s a person museum and an ark of death.

all collections are arks of death

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the worst thing she's doing is not reading to them but then again dad could pick up the slack if he wasn't such a responsibility shifter. wife became a mom against her wishes for the sake of her deadbeat husband and now he's complaining he got what he asked for lmao get hosed guy

also i like my kid a lot more now that she can talk and has opinions and isn't just a ten pound bag of Responsiblity. the other day she argued with me about whether or not she was a "fart piano"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lacey posted:

all collections are arks of death

Whatever sjws say your Disney mug collection is not a REAL ark of death. God. Grow up

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

boner confessor posted:

the worst thing she's doing is not reading to them but then again dad could pick up the slack if he wasn't such a responsibility shifter. wife became a mom against her wishes for the sake of her deadbeat husband and now he's complaining he got what he asked for lmao get hosed guy
Pretty much this.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Palpek posted:

Someone please tell he's getting torn apart in the comments. Lie to me if you must. God, what a cock monster.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

value-brand cereal posted:

Someone please tell he's getting torn apart in the comments. Lie to me if you must. God, what a cock monster.

quote:

Your sexist preconceived notions are biting you in the rear end. Next time, don't try to decide what someone wants for their life and believe them when they tell you. Not all women are interchangeable and you chose to marry someone who doesn't like kids. That will never change because being nurturing isn't a feminine trait, but a human trait that some humans have and others don't. Women are just humans with all the variations of personality that men have.

You don't really seem to respect your wife for who she is at all. You see to think anyone with a vagina will fit right into the role you want of them as their overlord. It's 2018 though, and that isn't how the world works.

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

he is and there's one other poster getting extremely red and nude at everyone that she's a monster child abuser for not forcing herself to be a Stepford wife for everyone else's convenience

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Pick posted:

Whatever sjws say your Disney mug collection is not a REAL ark of death. God. Grow up
once you've cleaned out enough dead people's houses, you'll see. It doesn't matter that your chosen collection is slightly more organic than most

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yeah it's pretty unanimous, ranging from "what did you expect" to "why are you mad she's not doing more of the work for kids you asked for"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

boner confessor posted:

wife became a mom against her wishes for the sake of her deadbeat husband and now he's complaining he got what he asked for lmao get hosed guy
She should've not let the husband browbeat her into make a choice that she really didn't want to make.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he is and there's one other poster getting extremely red and nude at everyone that she's a monster child abuser for not forcing herself to be a Stepford wife for everyone else's convenience

Good

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
[img][/img]

Only registered members can see post attachments!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

She did make the choice to have kids. Nobody forced her to get pregnant.

there's an implicit threat to a relationship if you have an oops pregnancy within a marriage and both parties are divided on children

regardless she's not a bad parent, she's just not behaving the way her husband wants which, after she went against her stated wishes and gave birth to children she didn't want, he can jump in a lake if he doesn't like how non-maternal her demeanor might be

husband is a gigantic whiner

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

This dude's an idiot you just do NM trains all day regardless of levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

boner confessor posted:

there's an implicit threat to a relationship if you have an oops pregnancy within a marriage and both parties are divided on children

regardless she's not a bad parent, she's just not behaving the way her husband wants which, after she went against her stated wishes and gave birth to children she didn't want, he can jump in a lake if he doesn't like how non-maternal her demeanor might be

husband is a gigantic whiner
I agree he is a gigantic whiner that shouldn't expect anything other than exactly what is happening, but I feel bad for the mother that was pushed into doing something she really didn't want to do.

She is a bit brokebrained too though for hating kittens and all that.