Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80PSrXOwJlw

blue mary is coming to xiv!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

for a second i thought you meant ffxiv and i got real confused

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome.

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i started playing UNIST and it's fun. wanted to learn yuzuhira but i cannot figure her out at all

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

She's one of the most execution heavy characters in a game that's already pretty execution heavy. I tried her out myself a few months ago but it was too much work, so I dropped her pretty quick. She looks badass, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm real bad at stance chars so god speed, but I'm down to play sets whenever, UNIST is awesome. I play elphelt

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.

In Training posted:

I'm real bad at stance chars so god speed, but I'm down to play sets whenever, UNIST is awesome. I play elphelt

i'm going to give up on that and do linne /enkidu til i have the rhythm of GRD down and then try out some of the weirder chars. my psn tag is euralyus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone at Capcom deserves 25 to life imo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What Am i looking at

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The worst fg animation I've ever seen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I wiah u has bought new shoes wirh my amazon giftcard instead of dbz fighters tbh

I typed the above on my phone 2 months ago and thanks to awful app it was saved

In Training posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That gif would be more incriminating if you saw how little damage that move does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also doesn't hit low, it hits mid.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

This is beyond the pale.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

no!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

mysterious loyall X posted:

I wiah u has bought new shoes wirh my amazon giftcard instead of dbz fighters tbh

I typed the above on my phone 2 months ago and thanks to awful app it was saved

What dont you like about it. I didnt really get into it but maybe I should try other fgs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Play SF2, Tekken 7, and Waku Waku 7 to see why it's fail.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

In Training posted:

I hope her super is that shin whack but just repeated 30 times

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

What dont you like about it. I didnt really get into it but maybe I should try other fgs

the style and presentation looks great although i don't think it looks as nice as guilty gear xrd, but they've been working on that game for 4 years now and dbz seems to have had a pretty short dev cycle.

the main things i don't like about it are: 1. samey characters and combo routes which leads to samey playstyles. the main differences between characters seems to me to be good range on normals vs stubby rear end normals and vegeta tier/beam assist vs everyone else's assist so there's really no compelling reason to use krilin with his whack rear end assist and tiny limbs vs cell or android 16 or whatever. idk i haven't played it much maybe i'm wrong 2. lack of defensive options. arcsys games tend to favor offense over defense but this game lacks some stuff that marvel and guilty gear have (push block, just defense, a viable burst) and offensive options can go on and on and on in this game. 3. dragon rush feels really gross. idk i really dislike dragon rush and can't get over how much i hate it compared to throws, like how block buttons in mortal combat always felt gross, aside from them being mostly stiff and ugly. 4. neutral game feels whack. idk just feels whack to me bro. i've always been bad at marvel style games tho so maybe its a personal problem for me i have to reflect deeply upon.

newayz i'd recommend checking out something for free on fightcade if you want to play an fg. most the old street fighters (street fighter 2 super turbo, sf alpha 2 and 3, and street fighter 3rd strike) are all good and have active communities and there's a lot of information for newbs on the internet. you can also play with ppl named like UruguayanSSHitlerKampf who will insult you nonstop in spanish while you lose.

for more modern stuff if you absolutely must pay someone money Guilty Gear XRD Revelator 2 has an excellent tutorial altho kind of a small playerbase on steam and ps4 so you have to look around for matches on discord sometimes. its very fun tho. ive had more fun with tekken 7 grinding away in ranked mode than basically with any other game for the past few years single or multiplayer but it has 0 tutorials and is probably one of the least newb friendly games in an already unfriendly genre of games, you lose spectacularly and quickly without really knowing why until you do a lot of self study and since the game is freaking barebones you'll have to trawl a lot of youtubes and discord pinned messages to find out why or what you should be focusing on. try b4 you buy if you can preferably with someone who can explain wtf is going on.on the plus side the netcode for tekken 7 is generally good and there's lots of ppl playing of all skill levels all the time online.

soul calibur 6 is coming out this year and a lot of the hard stuff from tekken [moving around] isn't hard and it'll probably have a big playerbase. who knows if it will come with functional tutorials or any explanations of system mechanics tho probalby not given bamco's recent track record.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

... And Waku Waku 7.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

ive had more fun with tekken 7 grinding away in ranked mode than basically with any other game for the past few years single or multiplayer but it has 0 tutorials and is probably one of the least newb friendly games in an already unfriendly genre of games, you lose spectacularly and quickly without really knowing why until you do a lot of self study and since the game is freaking barebones you'll have to trawl a lot of youtubes and discord pinned messages to find out why or what you should be focusing on. try b4 you buy if you can preferably with someone who can explain wtf is going on.on the plus side the netcode for tekken 7 is generally good and there's lots of ppl playing of all skill levels all the time online.

tekken tag 2 had really great in-game tutorials that exhaustively taught you all the game's systems and had basically a practice for every general situation, what to do if your opponent is keeping their distance, what to do when you get floored, what to do at a wall, etc. and drat, they could've copied and pasted a lot of the general stuff into 7 and it would've been fine but 7 has nothing at all in it

that said 7 is the most fun i've had with fightmans probably ever and it's loving fantastic, there is a huge payoff after all the self-study and hours in training mode practicing combos and counters and the netcode is unbelievably good, i may as well be sitting next to imps when we fight

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

This picture sums up the hosed up disparity between the normals in this game, both of those are the same button with the same purpose (universal anti-air). That's the most extreme example but there's a lot of poo poo like that in the game and it makes playing characters that you actually like really hard.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

tekken tag 2 had really great in-game tutorials that exhaustively taught you all the game's systems and had basically a practice for every general situation, what to do if your opponent is keeping their distance, what to do when you get floored, what to do at a wall, etc. and drat, they could've copied and pasted a lot of the general stuff into 7 and it would've been fine but 7 has nothing at all in it

that said 7 is the most fun i've had with fightmans probably ever and it's loving fantastic, there is a huge payoff after all the self-study and hours in training mode practicing combos and counters and the netcode is unbelievably good, i may as well be sitting next to imps when we fight

yeah tag 2 had pretty decent tutorials iirc altho i never played it much. namco really dropped the ball (the bowling ball, and the beach ball)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

This picture sums up the hosed up disparity between the normals in this game, both of those are the same button with the same purpose (universal anti-air). That's the most extreme example but there's a lot of poo poo like that in the game and it makes playing characters that you actually like really hard.

also krillin doesn't have anything that makes up for his problems and is bested in several other categories by pink goku and the other S tiers as well lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao That all the complaints of DBZF so far are, at the core, related to Krillin sucking rear end.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

To be fair, Beerus also sucks rear end and he's supposed to be the motherfucking God of Destruction.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah lol. Oh boo hoo, my favorite widdle Krillin cant beat Pink Goku which is probably the strongest character ever in dbz until they make a new one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was just kidding, remember that I was the first gamer to hate this game, all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

80% of the cast is pointless to even touch which is a bummer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yamcha is one of the best characters, and has a really fun moveset, which is hosed up

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's actually my understanding that Goku Black is starting to fall out of favor at high levels compared to before and some characters, like Gotenks, are seeing a surge in usage (mainly because I think SonicFox likes him now), but I'm not really keeping up with the meta for this game. So maybe someone will discover some awesome Beerus or Majin Buu tech that make them amazing all of a sudden, but I'm not holding out hope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well theres the Beerus infinite but it will probably be patched out asap.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Thanks for all the words all. I mite try guilty gear b/c I like the extremely ludicrous characters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guilty Gear kicks rear end. Its more overwhelming mechanically than DBFZ but its got a good rear end tutorial for learning all the terms and stuff.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear kicks rear end. Its more overwhelming mechanically than DBFZ but its got a good rear end tutorial for learning all the terms and stuff.

The biggest hurdle for me in dbz I think was having to learn 3 different guys. Them being samey was actually helpful cuz I could pick 3 guys with the same air combo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Guilty Gear is awesome. I'm learning it now. Tekken 7 is also good. It's a good time to be into fighting games.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

4/20 weed goku ryu heihachi sol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KOFXIV is cool as well but nobody plays it here really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I own it but haven’t been feeling fightmans lately.