Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*after :thunk:ing for 8 hours, finally walks to the podium, taps mic, and announces*

the cleveland browns are going 0-16. again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chris James 2 posted:

*after :thunk:ing for 8 hours, finally walks to the podium, taps mic, and announces*

the cleveland browns are going 0-16. again

Hail Satan

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Coldforge posted:

The Jets identifying as Luigi is extremely self aware of them.

Goddamnit

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think this Browns team can at least win 4 games this season.

Baby steps.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Man that Bills schedule looks like the perfect schedule for them to go 7-9 or 8-8 and continue to be stuck in no man's land.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Did you guys know that "football" spelled backwards is "llabtoof" and it's what Wes Welker keeps yelling in his sleep in his lonely mansion

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The 2018 NFL Draft All-Name Team is here!

Please clap.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, it's like he was conflicted about it or something. Weird that the only combat vet that's also an NFL player wouldn't get with the program

Pat Tillman isn't standing for the flag either.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:thurman:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He died the way he lived- in a friendly manner

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

He died the way he lived- in a friendly manner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UwFzzBid2U

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Philly only getting 2 SNF games and 1 MNF game is honestly shocking for a Super Bowl winner. I think they had more SNF games in 2016 when they were coming off a 7-9 campaign than this year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's a lot

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

axeil posted:

Philly only getting 2 SNF games and 1 MNF game is honestly shocking for a Super Bowl winner. I think they had more SNF games in 2016 when they were coming off a 7-9 campaign than this year.

they’re also playing in the NFL Kickoff (which is an SNF equivalent) to open the year and they have another TNF game, which gives them the max 5 primetime games a team can have.

they also have 2 afternoon starts that will be defacto national games.

e: doing a quick search, this is the same as all the recent Super Bowl winners, so it shouldn’t be that shocking?

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 20, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The only that that surprised me about the Rams TNF/SNF/MNF games is they didn't make Rams @ Saints one of them and went with Rams @ Raiders instead

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

In this year’s edition of bad early predictions, ESPN has foreseen that only two NFC teams will have losing records and only four AFC teams will have losing records.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, it's like he was conflicted about it or something. Weird that the only combat vet that's also an NFL player wouldn't get with the program

Ok, how does that relate to police brutality?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

King Hong Kong posted:

In this year’s edition of bad early predictions, ESPN has foreseen that only two NFC teams will have losing records and only four AFC teams will have losing records.

Weird how team writers will be generally optimistic about the team they cover before anyone shows up to camp or gets injured.

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He wasn't conflicted. He wanted to see the flag then hosed up because they were already starting the anthem and didn't want to run back into the tunnel.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20819284/alejandro-villanueva-pittsburgh-steelers-standing-alone-intentional

quote:

Villanueva got positioned for the anthem's start at 12:57 p.m. ET, and then turned around to "signal everybody else to come in so they wouldn't leave me alone," he said. But Villanueva said someone carrying a flag from a previous celebration was passing by the tunnel, and the players were unable to exit. Walking back to his teammates "would have looked extremely bad," Villanueva said.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Someone got paid off for the 49ers to have 5 primetime games...

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Can't really complain about the Titans schedule. First month is the toughest, and 4 of the last 5 games are at home for a final stretch run if needed. Second easiest in the NFL, too. Predicting 10-6.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axeil posted:

Also, the Jags/Eagles game in London will probably be positioned as a marquee game.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Here's a loving clip from All or loving Nothing:

https://twitter.com/1053SS/status/987117411433410560?s=19

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's no "We're not loving going 7 and 9"

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

WHOOPS posted:

they’re also playing in the NFL Kickoff (which is an SNF equivalent) to open the year and they have another TNF game, which gives them the max 5 primetime games a team can have.

they also have 2 afternoon starts that will be defacto national games.

e: doing a quick search, this is the same as all the recent Super Bowl winners, so it shouldn’t be that shocking?

They were underdogs, though

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DariusLikewise posted:

Lmao how the gently caress do you look at the Redskins and Kirk Cousins and come up with “gently caress Kirk Cousins”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

really, my dude?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

Ok, how does that relate to police brutality?

It doesn't. However, the specific protest would be pretty awkward for a high profile former military person for a multitude of reasons you are probably willing to gloss over

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, as far as I understand, elisted personnel, even those in reserve, are required to stand at attention any time the national anthem plays. There was a semi-famous moment from the last summer Olympics where a (I think) pole vaulter or some other field event participant, stopped in the middle of an approach because the anthem started playing for a medal ceremony at the other end of the field. You can be down with the cause, but also be bound by another set of rules that precludes you from participating.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It doesn't. However, the specific protest would be pretty awkward for a high profile former military person for a multitude of reasons you are probably willing to gloss over

He could have said something along the lines of "my oath of enlistment has a provision in it to uphold the constitution which includes the freedom of soeech and expression. And though I may not agree with the manner of the protests it is still their right to protest that my fallen brothers died for. So in a gesture of team unity I remained in the locker room."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He should have said that but in scooby doo voice and then did a big crotch chop

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Flikken posted:

He could have said something along the lines of "my oath of enlistment has a provision in it to uphold the constitution which includes the freedom of soeech and expression. And though I may not agree with the manner of the protests it is still their right to protest that my fallen brothers died for. So in a gesture of team unity I remained in the locker room."

man why didn't he say the perfect thiiiiiiinnnnggg?????!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

man why didn't he say the perfect thiiiiiiinnnnggg?????!

It's almost like he didn't have access to professional PR people during a highly publicized and charged issue.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He could have just stood not on the field and in view of cameras.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He should’ve turned into a flag and wafted away in the sweet breeze of freedom.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Should have laid down and saluted up toward the sky to God

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He could have just stood not on the field and in view of cameras.

Oh, are you saying it was poorly managed by everyone involved?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

This would have been perfect, unfortunately that isn't what happened

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This would have been perfect, unfortunately that isn't what happened

I really wish it would have, it would taken some steam out of a lot of the MAGA's crowd's reaction to the protests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

nerve posted:

They were underdogs, though

“Why don’t we have more primetime games?” he mumbles beneath the rubber mask of a dog’s head.

• Locked thread