Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/987200075481821187?s=19
I am confused by American odds are people getting lovely that vegas thinks Seattle sucks now or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It's because it's ridiculously early to have any idea what the teams are even going to look like at this point.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gee I wonder why at g bell seattle is getting pissy about vegas having the seahawks losing to the broncos

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Seattle losing to the Broncos is a sucker’s bet.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/987200075481821187?s=19
I am confused by American odds are people getting lovely that vegas thinks Seattle sucks now or something?

He’s totally right that betting right now is even stupider than better on sports in general, but why he chose that game as an example is beyond me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow just learned gambling degenerates exist

This

Is

Shocking

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Rams: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/RAMS

The Rams stay on the west coast for six of their first seven games. Their furthest they travel in the first eight weeks are to Denver and Green Bay until week nine when they go to New Orleans, which is the furthest they travel this year. MUCH less travel than the last two years.

Five prime time games (three away, two at home). :ohdear:

Basing everything on 2017 records over the schedule is slightly harder record-wise. They will face one less opponent that made the playoffs than last year(5 in 2017 vs 4 this year). Their away games got much easier(67-61 2017 vs. 59-69 this year). I don't see the schedule affecting them too much this year other than they don't get any teams that were under 5 wins last year to beat up on like they did last year with Houston, NYG and Indy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Clearly the Broncos were just one Case Keenum away from not being complete garbage :downs:

Edit: weird schedule oddity has the 49ers and Seahawks playing each other twice in three weeks. That's gonna be weird.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Fail Mary condemned you to eternal warfare with Green Bay. I'm sorry.

Tough but fair

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

Clearly the Broncos were just one Case Keenum away from not being complete garbage :downs:

Edit: weird schedule oddity has the 49ers and Seahawks playing each other twice in three weeks. That's gonna be weird.

It’s not that weird, a number of teams schedules are that way because they’re compressing most divisional games into the last half of the season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The real reason Seattle always plays the Packers:

2017: both teams were first in their division previous season
2016: both teams were second in their division previous season
2015: both teams were first in their division previous season, also NFCW and NFCN were scheduled to play each other
2014: both teams were first in their division previous season (Green Bay won the north with that 8-7-1 season, not quite 7-9 but close!)
2013: they didn't play each other! Seattle was second, GB was first
2012: NFCW and NFCN were scheduled together

Basically Seattle and Green Bay usually finish in the same position, save for 2012 and 2013.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

seiferguy posted:

The real reason Seattle always plays the Packers:

2017: both teams were first in their division previous season
2016: both teams were second in their division previous season
2015: both teams were first in their division previous season, also NFCW and NFCN were scheduled to play each other
2014: both teams were first in their division previous season (Green Bay won the north with that 8-7-1 season, not quite 7-9 but close!)
2013: they didn't play each other! Seattle was second, GB was first
2012: NFCW and NFCN were scheduled together

Basically Seattle and Green Bay usually finish in the same position, save for 2012 and 2013.

At least we get the Packers at home this go round. I'm gonna be able to pay off half my season ticket cost with that game alone. Love it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It feels like we've been playing the Bears for 27 straight years

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/PeteCarroll/status/987113859235233793

coach dropping bodies

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have paid zero attenion to the draft which will make it a little harder for me to be reflexively disgused with whoever the 49ers pick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's likely Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Quenton Nelson or Harold Landry depending on how weird the draft gets in front of them. Hope that narrows it down so you can find specific reasons to be mad

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Think im gonna go with “should have traded down.”

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Schneider will trade his first-rounder for whatever mid-round lottery tickets he will get and then Seahawks Twitter will spend the next 8 months squinting and tilting their heads trying to like the players he drafted.

So basically every Seahawks draft from the past 5 years.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...impression=true

Reuben Foster is a piece of poo poo and I hope goodell nails him to the wall just because he can.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hooooo boy just get rid of him at this point

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

hooooo boy just get rid of him at this point

Yeah gently caress this dude. It sucks because he was really good but he was a mistake from the beginning. Some guys can't change and I think he's one of them

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It sure is surprising the guy who got kicked out of his own physical is an unstable fuckup.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
But enough about that unstable fuckup, let's look at something amusing and cheerful.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyVolk/status/987816962049781760

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

But enough about that unstable fuckup, let's look at something amusing and cheerful.

Jimmy wore it better

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Coldforge posted:

weird how this loser quarterback keeps imitating garappalo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

This explains the increase in homeless torchings...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Schneider will trade his first-rounder for whatever mid-round lottery tickets he will get and then Seahawks Twitter will spend the next 8 months squinting and tilting their heads trying to like the players he drafted.

So basically every Seahawks draft from the past 5 years.

Am I crazy in thinking that his mid round picks last year so far look pretty good? Pocic, 2-hands Griffin, Darboh, Delano Hill and Nazair Jones look like they'll contribute for a few years.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Am I crazy in thinking that his mid round picks last year so far look pretty good? Pocic, 2-hands Griffin, Darboh, Delano Hill and Nazair Jones look like they'll contribute for a few years.

I think this is true for the most part but it's not a durable, winning strategy. imo if you always do it like this you'll likely end up with a shitload of "contributors" that are only able to take you so far.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Last few years his mid round picks have been looking great. Hell if Malik hadn’t destroyed his skull it’d be even better.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Did details of Malik’s injury ever get revealed? I know it was a head injury related to an ATV accident, but i don’t understand how he can still not be cleared but is walking around.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

got all my 49ers primetime pto approved so excited to yell at seahawks fans about how richard sherman is the goat

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

got all my 49ers primetime pto approved so excited to yell at seahawks fans about how richard sherman is the goat

No arguments here friend

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

Sherman is the goat and was my legit fav Seahawk. But it will be so much fun to watch Russ pick him apart.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
love 2 tell seahawks fans that really good seahawk is still really good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

love 2 tell seahawks fans that really good 49er is still really good while their team circles the drain

Ftfy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol

count them chickens friendo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

In the immortal words of 49ers legend Richard Sherman:

U mad bro?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Just beat the Rams

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Never forget Jerry Rice: Seahawks Legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Very on brand though for silicon valley boners to buy so hard into a hype machine when there's an 0-9 record since 2014 sitting there. Wake me when you guys get a moment out of him like the tip seen round the world lol.

• Locked thread