Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

I seem to recall it barely making the cut for the third season.

Yeah, it was renewed by the skin of its teeth. Clearly it wasn't driving subscribers.

Campbell also said maybe a month or so ago that if the series ends here, he considers it the end of Evil Dead (with Ash, anyway) and has no interest in doing a fourth movie.

Edit: 177,000 viewers per episode. Ouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not sure how they get that number. As I mentioned before it's on streaming and piracy at like loving 9am Sunday when it's on Starz proper at 9pm. No wonder live viewership is in the toilet.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There would be zero reason for Starz to care about live viewership numbers since they don't run commercials. I really find it hard to believe that only 177,000 people were watching the show across OnDemand and the Starz app.

Here's a thought Starz, if you wanted viewership for the series, maybe you shouldn't have delayed release of the show by 4 months making it over a year since the last time episodes were on.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

It died at the end of season 2, should have just cut their losses there instead of trying to lumber on without the guy who actually made the show good in the first place.

I loved the first two seasons but I dropped season 3 after like two eps because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's actually extremely fun and interesting.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Guy Mann posted:

It died at the end of season 2, should have just cut their losses there instead of trying to lumber on without the guy who actually made the show good in the first place.

I loved the first two seasons but I dropped season 3 after like two eps because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

S3 started out a bit slow but the other episodes were great. Give it another chance!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Season Three of _______ is Fine!

Seriously though, I dig this season so to each their own.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

Allison Mack has been arrested.

quote:

Mack has been indicted on sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and conspiracy to commit forced labor charges. According to the legal docs ... Mack recruited and persuaded young women to join a secret organization called "DOS" or the "Vow" under the guise of a women's empowerment group.

Mack allegedly forced women into sex slavery and took "collateral" from them in the form of compromising photos and recorded confessions of past crimes in order to blackmail them into staying in DOS for life.

According to the docs ... Mack directed the women to have sex with Raniere and required them to remain celibate, not masturbate and grow out their pubic hair to please Raniere. Mack also allegedly made the DOS slaves participate in "readiness" drills, which required them to respond to their masters anytime -- day or night.

The women were allegedly sleep-deprived and starved to the point of their menstrual cycles stopping. All of this is believed to have gone down between February 2016 and June 2017.

Brooklyn federal prosecutors are recommending Mack's bail be extremely high, because they believe she's a flight risk with considerable ties in Mexico.

If convicted, Mack faces between 15 years and life in prison.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is this the same weird rear end sex cult that the actress from BSG was in?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Yes.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

wait which bsg actress?

edit: oh the one that smells like cabbage

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

Yup. It certainly sounds like a Cylon plot.

hope and vaseline posted:

wait which bsg actress?

Callie. Nikki Clyne.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Callie. Nikki Clyne.

She quit the show to join the cult and from what I remember news reports came out that Allison Mack married her to allow her to stay in the US or something.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

hope and vaseline posted:

wait which bsg actress?

edit: oh the one that smells like cabbage
Heh, I didn't know about that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The guy behind the cult was based out of Albany, NY. About 8 years ago both of them (Mack and the woman from BSG) came into the cafe I worked at because they were in town for a cult meeting and to give some talks to try and recruit people. Welp that's my story, thanks for reading.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
You should've joined as a spy. Then your story would've been better at the low, low cost of your own freedom.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It was fun for exactly one season and then I stopped caring

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The guy behind the cult was based out of Albany, NY. About 8 years ago both of them (Mack and the woman from BSG) came into the cafe I worked at because they were in town for a cult meeting and to give some talks to try and recruit people. Welp that's my story, thanks for reading.

Sounds like you missed out on shitloads of freaky sex cult sex

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEhghNAj1nA

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I wish the Jane the Virgin thread was still around because it's still a fun show and lmaoooooo that final scene of this season. They're going all in on telenovela tropes for what I'm pretty sure is going to be the final season later this year.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It was fun for exactly one season and then I stopped caring

More than we can say for your posts

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Milo and POTUS posted:

More than we can say for your posts
:golfclap:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So I'm 3 episodes into Wormwood. Just not seeing what all the praise is for.

I'm all for a slow burn but this somehow made a really interesting topic into a bore. The son is the slowest talker alive. The re-enactments are tedious. They repeat themselves over and over again. This feels like something that would make a great 90-minute docu-drama that they decided to turn into 6 hours.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

:)

I can understand why people would punch out early I guess and it's got its small faults but man if you were a fan of ed2 or AoD it's not hard to spare a half hour a week x10 every... whatever weird schedule they were running on

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like the show but Sam Raimi's minimal involvement was felt strongly at times.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Callie. Nikki Clyne.

And Grace Park.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Lucifer had a pretty goofy bit where he watched all of Bones in an attempt to stay awake forever and in his sleep deprived state he mistakes a guy for the killer of the week when he was really just the killer on an episode of Bones (s3ep6 "The Intern in the Incinerator.") The best part is that it really was the actor from that episode.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Speaking of Bones I never watched the last two seasons. Is it as trash as like the everything after they introduce to super genius who writes computer code on bone or is there something worth seeing in the last two?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

swickles posted:

Speaking of Bones I never watched the last two seasons. Is it as trash as like the everything after they introduce to super genius who writes computer code on bone or is there something worth seeing in the last two?

It's trash, but I watched em all. It was Bones, so you know what you're gonna get.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stewie Griffin is in Bones

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alhazred posted:

And Grace Park.
Slow your roll junior, Boomer was in a sex cult?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Rocksicles posted:

Slow your roll junior, Boomer was in a sex cult?

No, but Athena was.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there a "describe the show, someone names the show"? Thread

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a "describe the show, someone names the show"? Thread

Shoot, i'm bored.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There are 3 people that love together. The woman might be a teacher or something like that. She accidentally becomes a foot fetish model.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The upcoming episode of The Simpsons is about my city (New Orleans), but because it's The Simpsons in 2018, they're gonna gently caress it up royally and they just shouldn't even do it at all. Plus they already got it right in 1992:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQjoaYIwQA

And 1997:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsgVlzeUI

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SalTheBard posted:

There are 3 people that love together. The woman might be a teacher or something like that. She accidentally becomes a foot fetish model.

What else you got?

Comedy? US? UK? Hair colour?

My NSA access was revoked.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

SalTheBard posted:

King of the Hill

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I once saw a show that might have been from the late 80s or early 90s. I think it was an anthology series but with a military theme. I only saw one episode but the one I saw had a drill instructor type guy (not R. Lee Ermey though) that introduced the episode and its themes, the same way they did on The Outer Limits. The episode I saw was about a cowardly soldier that wanted to go AWOL with a friend. They get caught and are going to be executed by firing squad. The soldier's dad is a high ranking guy in the company and tells his son that he won't let the execution go through. He says he will put blank bullets in all the rifles, so all the soldier has to do is pretend to die and then escape later. It turns out the dad lied and just wanted his son to die like a man without crying in front of the firing squad. He puts on a brave face and pretends to accept his fate before getting blasted with bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Whoever said Killing Eve was good was right. We just watched the first two episodes on BBC America On Demand, and it is terrific. Don't sleep on this show. If you like any kind of spy or espionage stuff, you'll love it, plus it has some necessary comic relief that almost all spy and espionage stuff lacks (which is why I've never been a big fan of the genre). Sandra Oh is great in it, and I really like the cast around her.