Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Mordja posted:

Someone's almost certainly going to make a Battletech Long War for all you guys.

smooth jazz posted:

Game's not even out yet and I'm excited for the dlc.

As excited as I am for the base game, I'm really really eager to see what HBS has planned for expansions and what sorts of crazy poo poo we'll get for mods. Just out the gate you could probably rework the map and campaign into any Battletech 'era you want, clan invasion, succession wars, poo poo even the wobbie jihad why not. If you want to get really ambitious you could expand both the map and the timeline to make a 'Grand Campaign' that starts you off in 3025 and runs through the whole setting, making conflicts and 'mechs and wargear available or unavailable as the timeline progresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Game is spending more and more time on the front page of Steam's top seller list. I don't know what HBS and Paradox's sales expectations are, but I hope they're pleased with all the positive buzz around the game.

Same here. I'm pushing it to all my buddies and hoping for good results!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mordja posted:

Someone's almost certainly going to make a Battletech Long War for all you guys.

Leopard Only Sandbox Mode :unsmigghh:

I still want a Union Sandbox mode though. A nice comfortable middle ground between the crapsack Leopard and a repaired Argo (though probably leaning more towards Leopard).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Radio Free Kobold posted:

As excited as I am for the base game, I'm really really eager to see what HBS has planned for expansions and what sorts of crazy poo poo we'll get for mods. Just out the gate you could probably rework the map and campaign into any Battletech 'era you want, clan invasion, succession wars, poo poo even the wobbie jihad why not. If you want to get really ambitious you could expand both the map and the timeline to make a 'Grand Campaign' that starts you off in 3025 and runs through the whole setting, making conflicts and 'mechs and wargear available or unavailable as the timeline progresses.

Starting way back in 2788 and moving clear through to the Jihad would own bones.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's why I'm keeping Rocket Launchers in. :haw:

The most fun I've had developing custom stuff in meklab is when I made a 50 ton plane loaded with 13 Rocket Launcher 20s, and 2 15s, as well as a few AMS systems. I'm imagining it just swooping in and demolishing whatever it points at before ignobly dying to laser fire.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Skippy McPants posted:

Game is spending more and more time on the front page of Steam's top seller list. I don't know what HBS and Paradox's sales expectations are, but I hope they're pleased with all the positive buzz around the game.

Not sure how much of that is the fact that the backer keys just released, though?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Did they? I thought they were going out over the weekend? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Skippy McPants posted:

Did they? I thought they were going out over the weekend? I haven't gotten mine yet.

Kickstarter update this evening posted:

We are excited to let you know that we have begun distribution of BATTLETECH game keys into BackerKit accounts!

With over 50,000 Backers, it will take some time for all the keys to be distributed. You will get an email from BackerKit when your key has been delivered into your account so you don’t need to keep checking it. If you go to your account and see a “Pending” message, please be patient.

The game will be available for pre-load on Steam on Monday, April 23rd at 9am PDT but the game WILL NOT unlock until April 24th at 9am PDT. Neither GOG nor Humble will have pre-load available so you’ll need to wait to download the game until April 24th at 9am PDT if you are on those platforms.

All other digital Backer rewards - the Official Soundtrack, Art of BATTLETECH pdf, and codes for in-game rewards - will be delivered to BackerKit accounts in time for launch. You will receive a BackerKit email when that happens and must return to your BackerKit account to retrieve those rewards.

That said, I didn't get a BackerKit email but my key was there when I checked so :iiam:.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do either the main campaign or freeplay modes in this have a Doomsday Clock?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Do either the main campaign or freeplay modes in this have a Doomsday Clock?

Nope.

Well, you have to pay for your merc outfit so you need to keep money rolling in. If you go broke you get game over.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I think they have said a few times that if you neglect the story missions too long it will continue on to the next leg of the story. Not sure if there are multiple endings/branching paths. Of course you can ignore the story altogether and just do side missions for eternity apparently.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

There might be a clock further along in the story mode?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Dallan Invictus posted:

That said, I didn't get a BackerKit email but my key was there when I checked so :iiam:.

:same:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

evilmiera posted:

The most fun I've had developing custom stuff in meklab is when I made a 50 ton plane loaded with 13 Rocket Launcher 20s, and 2 15s, as well as a few AMS systems. I'm imagining it just swooping in and demolishing whatever it points at before ignobly dying to laser fire.

Rocket Launchers on cheap vees is basically cheating.

One of the most terrifying things I ever built was an 8/12 hover Rocket Launcher Carrier - 300 point alpha strike, fast enough to close the distance easily, enough armor to eat a PPC from any side and live and only about $2m in cost.

Sure you only get one shot, but it'd vaporize an Atlas on that shot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Chance II posted:

I think they have said a few times that if you neglect the story missions too long it will continue on to the next leg of the story. Not sure if there are multiple endings/branching paths. Of course you can ignore the story altogether and just do side missions for eternity apparently.

That kinda stuff was cut, for better or worse. The next story mission just sits there until you do it.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Dallan Invictus posted:

Checked on my BackerKit a little while ago to make sure it was all squared away and my key just happened to be there.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, mine is still pending. Booooo!

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Anyone else here have an experience in being an idiot like me, getting a backer key AND preordering on steam? :doh: If I cancel the preorder, the backer key should work fine, yes? If install the preorder before putting in the backer key, can the backer key be used at all (even by someone else)?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Strobe posted:

I would definitely like to see a version of the game where you don't get free guns from 'Mech pieces. I feel like that'd work materially toward a more rough and tumble campaign feel, where deploying a 'Mech missing parts could be a reasonable option.

But that might also be moddable, who knows?

In the absence of that being an easy mod, I'll almost certainly run my first campaign with 50% (or whatever seems appropriate) chance to perma lose a mech on a CT core instead of always recoverable (which we know is an easy mod since we've been shown that's a single existing variable).

The post release stuff I'm mostly hoping for is Quirks and just more Mechs, and of course the stretchgoals that didn't make it into launch.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 21, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Awww yeah.

Awww no...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Got my key!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just checked my inbox in the vague hope that I had backed BattleTech and forgotten.

Sigh...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Beaglerush is playing the campaign https://www.twitch.tv/beagsandjam

:getin:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

:smith: I forgot I chose a GoG key instead of steam so no preload for me, however I did get my key

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
BattleTech is at long last in my library... .twice, the Beta's still there.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

gently caress yes.

i wish desperately that I were playing but this'll do

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

It's kind of a blessing in disguise I won't be able to touch this for about two weeks after release because I'm not going to have a drat clue what I'm doing going in and it'll be good to listen to the thread and discord and get some strategic context before starting. I'm stoked for this game in a way I haven't been for a long while and actually want to make a meaningful effort to Get Gud at it.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

I didn't know Beaglerush was this good at voice acting.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Anybody setting up a goon league?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I can't wait to see Beagle to encounter Manticores and Demolishers. He's going to freak.:v:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the "colony drop" seen at the end of the Battletech intro?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Half of a warship you see get blown up hitting the planet.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does Battletech have a enemy spawn/engagement system better than xcoms pod system?

Because Xcoms pod system gets on my nerves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
got my key, now to stare longingly at my library for the next few days.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Baron Porkface posted:

Does Battletech have a enemy spawn/engagement system better than xcoms pod system?

Because Xcoms pod system gets on my nerves.

No pods. You usually are facing far more equivalent enemy forces than in XCOM (usually a 4v4) so enemies are always active and you get a little blip that shows where they are in the FoW if they're just out of visual range.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/987424101009580032?s=19

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's why I'm keeping Rocket Launchers in. :haw:

Is it wrong that I'm wishing for that ~300-rocket Trebuchet that didn't make it into the Pirate King mission to come out of the woodwork on a scenario one day, and then rocket-vomit someone to death? :allears:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone should get as hype as you can, possibly even Hyperhype.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I got my key. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Terrorbird is the official goon NPC.