Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
ahahhaa that is beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it is p wizard

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i like to provoke the weirdo nerds in the warhammer threads :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRPwhRJSwzY

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You may never do as good of a job as extra does and he is making GBS threads up the total warhammer 2 thread pretty well.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Was trying to kill a moose using a quad, got flanked, moose charged me and head butted me off a cliff, rolling madly through the air.

I tried to get out of the quad and wingsuit away but welp, died in a crushed heap of flesh and quad at the foot of the cliff. Well played, moose.

This is why I love Far Cry. Who gives a gently caress about the story? I’ve got a flamethrower, a wingsuit and drugs.oh by the way everyone should go punch bulls after taking the melee combat drug, poo poo’s hilarious.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

You may never do as good of a job as extra does and he is making GBS threads up the total warhammer 2 thread pretty well.

i dont know or care who the gently caress that is but good for him thanks for letting me know

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i dont know or care who the gently caress that is but good for him thanks for letting me know

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
:stare: well that’s an ending.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Free game on humblebundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/satellite-reign

until 1 day 10 hours from now

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yooo God Of War is good. The ending tutorial battle is something out of a Marvel movie.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yooo God Of War is good. The ending tutorial battle is something out of a Marvel movie.

Probably gonna pick up a copy when I fly back home today. Looking to stretch the legs on my 4K OLED.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Battletech comes out Tuesday. But that's not today, and I'm back at finding something to play. Ugh.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I know right, I'm just killing time until Btech myself.

Trying to get into Total WarWarHammerWar but IDK

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I'm so loving stoked for Battletech. Watched some YouTube vids/streams of the first part of the campaign and drat if the cinematic art, voice acting, characters and story aren't on point. The gameplay looks loving slick and I'm excited to wreck some big rear end metal.

Harebrained looks to have done it again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've always been a Mechwarrior fan; MW2:Mercs was actually my first real PC game that I ever bought. One of the things that the WMR Library had was all the Battletech books (along with the Halo books, of course) so I read almost all of them while overseas. So I'm totally stoked for this version. I never touched MWO though because I've put a lifetime, no exceptions ban on MMO games.

Tower of Time got kinda boring, I'm still burned out on Path of Exile for the time being, and FC5 got real old real fast and I didn't even care to finish it.

I'm tempted to get into something like Elite Dangerous but I don't know. I do have Stellaris installed with all the DLC, and I haven't played it since launch, so maybe I'll do that for a few days. My girl is overseas for the next 60+ days so I've got far more free time than usual.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m a Macross fan

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vasudus posted:

I've always been a Mechwarrior fan; MW2:Mercs was actually my first real PC game that I ever bought. One of the things that the WMR Library had was all the Battletech books (along with the Halo books, of course) so I read almost all of them while overseas. So I'm totally stoked for this version. I never touched MWO though because I've put a lifetime, no exceptions ban on MMO games.

Tower of Time got kinda boring, I'm still burned out on Path of Exile for the time being, and FC5 got real old real fast and I didn't even care to finish it.

I'm tempted to get into something like Elite Dangerous but I don't know. I do have Stellaris installed with all the DLC, and I haven't played it since launch, so maybe I'll do that for a few days. My girl is overseas for the next 60+ days so I've got far more free time than usual.

Stellaris has changed a lot since launch, it's probably worth firing it up again. Elite can be a time vacuum as well though!

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Vasudus posted:

I love the FC series but 5 just felt hollow to me. Still, look up the "good" ending on Youtube, I found it entertaining.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I'm just playing through mgsv again on pc

Running the S++ soldier and instant development mods, but yeah once I unlock all the missions I'm going to try subsistence mode on as many missions as possible

Gd I love this game

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I was pretty meh on Battletech because I thought it was RTS. Turns out it’s turned-based and Paradox is publishing it? Yes I’m hype.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
New God of War is really good.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I own Elite but pretty much had no idea what the gently caress was going on. Doesn't help that all I have is a mouse and keyboard.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Mustang posted:

I own Elite but pretty much had no idea what the gently caress was going on. Doesn't help that all I have is a mouse and keyboard.

you really have to make your own fun with Elite last I played. I mainly just did space trucking and getting high while listening to tunes and looked at cool stars and poo poo .

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Got Satellite Reign for free (go to Humble Bundle for the next 20 hours or so) and I didn't like it.

My search for things continues.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vasudus posted:

Got Satellite Reign for free (go to Humble Bundle for the next 20 hours or so) and I didn't like it.

Dwarf fortress is always good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've been playing mechwarrior online in anticipation for the new mechwarrior games.

Despite mechwarrior online improving over the years, the UI is still trash, their recent expansion of solaris (1v1 and 2v2s in 7 divisions) is done in such a dumb way I expect it to die shortly, and some how they increased loading times.

I just can't understand how they are that bad at this whole make a game thing.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

try the one between your legs

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I've heard nothing good about mwo. Not to mention the whole "sperglords who play the game get off on wrecking newbies"

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Mwo is bad. I tried it again a few days and after like the second match and dealing with the skill tree poo poo and new weapons i just did the jerry Seinfeld in the theater gif and deleted it

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is a real shame that the guys behind MWO are the guys behind one of the two new mechwarrior games.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't know about MW5:Mercs but Battletech is being made by Hairbrained Schemes (of Shadowrun fame) and published by Paradox. Piranha Games just owns the license.

edit: if you look at the intro to MW3 that's kinda the same thing. There's like nine loving companies listed because the Battletech IP has been passed around more than a two dollar whore.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

It is all coming together now

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah unfortunately MW5 will probably be garbage.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yeah unfortunately MW5 will probably be garbage.

Absolutely. I've taken the position of forgetting it exists and if it somehow becomes a good game I'll be surprised.

If you watch the videos for it they don't even have an AI coded. Robots bee line and yeaaahh. Games thread on hbs game is a decent thread, one of the devs posts there and it's pretty chill, no real zaphod42 type poo poo going on

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
MWO had great promise. It really is a shame what they did to it.

Like ghost heat and... um...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
who needs some jankyass vidgame when the one true way to play battletech already exists?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

who needs some jankyass vidgame when the one true way to play battletech already exists?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Weird that your link didn't go to https://www.megamek.org/

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahaha oh wow this is bad for so many reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

iirc people would TK anyone with a gold skin and then they made that a bannable offense int he game