Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ded posted:

MWO had great promise. It really is a shame what they did to it.

Like ghost heat and... um...

I read all those names with this voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCdOt3PT57E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
It's packed up at the moment, but I have an old rear end copy of the Battletech table top game. I can't remember which version it is, but I bought it in like 94 or 95 thinking I could get my MtG group to play it (I couldn't) :smith:
When I move into NoCo this summer if any of you idiots want to get together and jerk each other off figure out how to play it, we totally can.

Edit: IT'S THIRD EDITION VINTAGE MOTHERFUCKERS! COMPLETE WITH UNPAINTED MINI'S AND SOME MECH SHEETS THAT WERE TOTALLY FILLED OUT BY 14 YEAR OLD ME.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 21, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

iirc people would TK anyone with a gold skin and then they made that a bannable offense int he game

Lmfao that’s awesome

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
They made telling people to press alt f4 for third person mode a ban afaik

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

who needs some jankyass vidgame when the one true way to play battletech already exists?

and I use my LBX-20 on your Stormcrow

*rolls 40 loving dice at once to calculate damage*

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

MWO had great promise. It really is a shame what they did to it.

Like ghost heat and... um...

no loving way

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mods change my name posted:

They made telling people to press alt f4 for third person mode a ban afaik

ALT+F4 WOWEE

MWO was the weird game that got worse as it developed. Closed Beta great, Open Beta ehhh, Full Release Wait What is MWO Again? Oh yeah, it was that lovely game with nothing but lurm boats and snipers, that was good once.

To talk about a positive game: Into the Breach. It's the FTL guys' second game and it's drat loving good. Sort of like a small reverse-XCOM.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

no loving way

It's not a shop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Mechwarrior online is pretty heavy for whalers.

It got better but not by much.

Ghost heat I understand, at least they have the values for it now. Most of the higher tier games are full of people who can destroy you in one or two volleys. Ghost heat was a solution to that but the real solution is more balanced mechs with less power creep.

But you can't do that when you target whales.

Oh yah, new mechs can be preordered where you don't know their stats, you can upgrade your packages, and it can go for somewhere around 70 or 100 dollars for what is essentially who loving knows

Like look at this poo poo

https://mwomercs.com/hellfire

I mean I've enjoyed the few weeks I put into MWO so far but more and more flaws just keep appearing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I got someone with that in BF4 last year.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'm just playing through mgsv again on pc

Running the S++ soldier and instant development mods, but yeah once I unlock all the missions I'm going to try subsistence mode on as many missions as possible

Gd I love this game
Are you using Infinite Heaven? You can use it to turn on subsistence or any variety of subsistence-lite for any of the missions.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I want to make an MWO account just so I can TK the wieners with gold mechs until I get banned

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Fallom posted:

I want to make an MWO account just so I can TK the wieners with gold mechs until I get banned

You hardly ever see them, unfortunately. I think I saw one in like 100hrs

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
God of War loving owns, first time I've ever played a game in the series

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I tried playing whatever PS3 remastered came to the PS4 and it just felt sloppy and not good. fwiw I do like trash games like Dante’s Inferno and other mindless button mashers

I’ve never really dabbled with GOW otherwise, but seeing a lot of praise

So...it good?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm a few hours in and I think it's up there with The Last of Us, it's an older and wiser Kratos teaching his young son. Gorgeous graphics and great combat. The second boss fight was awesome, I hope there's more like. Which I'm sure there is.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I tried playing whatever PS3 remastered came to the PS4 and it just felt sloppy and not good. fwiw I do like trash games like Dante’s Inferno and other mindless button mashers

I’ve never really dabbled with GOW otherwise, but seeing a lot of praise

So...it good?

Same. Didn't care for them either but I played them long after they had been copied by a million other games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

mods change my name posted:

Same. Didn't care for them either but I played them long after they had been copied by a million other games.

Didnt care for the original GOW games either. This one is a much better experience.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457492425/announcements/detail/3229520292657294288

In "news", Bluehole continues to miss the loving point of their own loving game.

Bluehole's Dumb Face posted:

Finally, expect some changes to the level three helmet. It’s a game-changing item that can impact the outcome of a match—basically, it gives you an extra life in situations where a headshot would otherwise kill you. We don’t want luck alone to determine who gets items like this, so we’re removing it from the normal loot spawn tables and limiting it to care packages only. 

THE WHOLE GAME IS BASED ON LUCK YOU STUPID FUCKS

But next time I drop somewhere the the guy next to me lands on a rifle and I land on nothing and get blasted I'll think to myself "it's okay, it's not based on luck alone. I was obviously outplayed".

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 21, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
By this logic any gun that is OHK from a headshot should be crate only.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

By this logic any gun that is OHK from a headshot should be crate only.

I've always felt it would do a lot more for game balance to scrap ohk altogether, but then I'm also a terrible sniper...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457492425/announcements/detail/3229520292657294288

In "news", Bluehole continues to miss the loving point of their own loving game.

But next time I drop somewhere the the guy next to me lands on a rifle and I land on nothing and get blasted I'll think to myself "it's okay, it's not based on luck alone. I was obviously outplayed".

Haha what the gently caress

No wonder Fortnight is eating their lunch

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i never get a level 3 helmet so i gives zero fucks

but yeah, game developers fighting their own playerbase will never cease to amaze me

rimworld is the same way

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Fallom posted:

Haha what the gently caress

No wonder Fortnight is eating their lunch

fortnight really did luck out on copying one of their customers game and making it fun

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Naked Bear posted:

Are you using Infinite Heaven? You can use it to turn on subsistence or any variety of subsistence-lite for any of the missions.

Yeah, I'm just running instant development and s++ soldiers because gently caress that, I did it the real way already on ps4

Once I finish up all that it's subsistence time

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Could someone pm me another Discord invite? I accidentally used up the first one I had with the wrong gaming handle

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Done.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Could someone pm me another Discord invite? I accidentally used up the first one I had with the wrong gaming handle

It's possible to a) change your discord username or b) change your nickname on individual servers FYI

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

b) change your nickname on individual servers FYI

this will happen frequently and often without your input

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

As a Stargate fan Teal'c as Kratos was an excellent choice

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

see you on the other side lil bbuddy

ending theme from the incredible hulk plays

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
things a level 3 helmet is good for in pubg:

1. keeping you alive .25 seconds longer as youre machine gunned inthe back at 5 meters

2. keeping you alive .25 seconds longer after you get domed from 500 meters before the follow up shot finishes you off

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

this will happen frequently and often without your input

it's like someone buying you an avatar change, it's a sign of affection

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sure, we'll go with that

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

things a level 3 helmet is good for in pubg:

1. keeping you alive .25 seconds longer as youre machine gunned inthe back at 5 meters

2. keeping you alive .25 seconds longer after you get domed from 500 meters before the follow up shot finishes you off

3. Giving you a false sense of security until you get AWM'd or crossbowed in the face

Ftfy

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ended up playing Stellaris for a very long time this weekend, and mad that I have to go back to work today. Turns out the game has changed a lot since launch!

edit: So the Great Khan event is cool. He spawned towards the center of the galaxy while I was on the edge, so he ate 2-3 lesser powers and got into a war with two big federations. I'm playing hardcore turtle mode so I had a Star Fortress with 20 defensive platforms at every border of what I consider "my" space (gently caress me, it's hard to control space now) and they were able to resist the raiding parties that wandered my way, but I was never a prime target.

Then he died of space AIDS and the parties shattered like glass, with two factions being my friends! ok then.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 23, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Spent my weekend in between wedding planning and yard work playing Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Fight me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Battletech is pretty loving good, my dudes.

Just note that it will be literally unplayable if it's not installed on an SSD. Or at least, it was for me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

Spent my weekend in between wedding planning and yard work playing Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. Fight me.

Super Mario Odyssey feels like playing Super Mario 64 and that is good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Battletech is pretty loving good, my dudes.

Just note that it will be literally unplayable if it's not installed on an SSD. Or at least, it was for me.

Agreed.

Even on SSD, the install and loading times are lengthy.