Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Wait what

Is the elected president of the country a genuine dumdum man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Megabound posted:

Oh, your right, I wish I was upper middle class Californian instead of Australian with all my *squints* beautiful beaches, free health care, government assistance programs, zero percent University loans, unions, workers rights and *reads carefully* sensible gun regulation.

Yeah but at the same time you have to be around Australians all day

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Lodin posted:

And obviously if you ask some poor bastard in any random shithole country, if they could live anywhere else in the world, they would answer America. Thanks Hollywood.

That's idiots in general. Stupidity is international. It's that the USA is celebrating it.

Last week my student, a 13-year old girl, walked off from my class saying she doesn't need to learn English because she's moving to work abroad. I asked where and she said "London. But I'll be working at a Polish store." She doesn't even know what Brexit is.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Plavski posted:

the advice to "say you're canadian" has never been stronger. i don't meet many americans in ireland anymore, but the amount of canadians i meet at bars has shot way up

These people suck though. If you're unhappy with the way America's represented on the world stage, be an ambassador and show people the good. Don't lie.

On the other hand, college kids "studying abroad" in English-speaking countries probably miss the point of a lot of things, and may not be our best representatives.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
An old lol, just because we all hate Ted.
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/498211667818586112

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

and spiders, snakes, sharks and drop bears

but yeah, really the whole "being around australians" thing is the poison that kills you. that and the skin cancer

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol.

Mueller team said to be amused as Giuliani pledges to end Russia probe

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mueller-team-said-to-be-amused-as-giuliani-pledges-to-end-russia-probe

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/987380131311190018?s=20

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Condom snorting? Do I even want to know?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

bloom posted:

Condom snorting? Do I even want to know?

more of that fake "kids are crazy" bullshit that goes around

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a19670261/condom-snorting-trend-fake/

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I'll take that over being around Americans

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Kids snorting condoms? In my city?! If only we all had guns to stop those criminals from snorting all of the condoms

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Plavski posted:

more of that fake "kids are crazy" bullshit that goes around

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a19670261/condom-snorting-trend-fake/

The fact that it's become a major right-wing talking point to prove how stupid those kids demanding gun control are is a lol.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
As an American, I can confirm that a lot of Americans are gigantic assholes.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
At least rainbow parties and other bs "omg the teens are having sex :kingsley:" stories kinda make sense if you put yourself in a very fainting couch-mode of thought. But do they seriously expect people to believe there is a (inter)national epidemic of kids eating laundry detergent and inhaling condoms?

lol what am I saying, of course they expect people to believe that and their intended audience buys it 100%.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
The worst thing when visiting Europe was encountering other Americans.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jenkum

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

withoutclass posted:

The worst thing when visiting Europe was encountering other Americans.
The wild thing is how you get there and then you can spot them at a distance. Like "I see you..."

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Given the last couple of years, I fully expect that Trump is going to be hospitalized from trying to snort a condom

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The wild thing is how you get there and then you can spot them at a distance. Like "I see you..."

Shorts, baseball caps, fat - the American trifecta

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

That's idiots in general. Stupidity is international. It's that the USA is celebrating it.

Last week my student, a 13-year old girl, walked off from my class saying she doesn't need to learn English because she's moving to work abroad. I asked where and she said "London. But I'll be working at a Polish store." She doesn't even know what Brexit is.

On my shift of 12 there are : 3 Romanians (We call them Sigani, which pisses them right off, let me tell you), 3 Bulgarians, 1 pole and 1 Scot and 4 Englishmen. Brexit is the gift that keeps giving.

I loving love it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Collateral posted:

On my shift of 12 there are : 3 Romanians (We call them Sigani, which pisses them right off, let me tell you), 3 Bulgarians, 1 pole and 1 Scot and 4 Englishmen. Brexit is the gift that keeps giving.

I loving love it.

Are you working as a car radio thief, or football hooligan?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Shorts, baseball caps, fat - the American trifecta
Also the walk. Americans take up space and kick their feet out.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Germans used to do that too, but it went out of style, after we were firebombed.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

"...barely old enough to drive"

"old enough to drive"

"old enough to drive"

so we let 16 year olds propel thousands of pounds of metal around at potentially lethal speeds, after going through training and a licensing process, but they aren't responsible enough to vote?

:thunk:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Only Trump can protect us from the vile machinations of the Pakistani Mystery Man.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

he stirs

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987666600194183168

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987666601808924672

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/987666603516063744

:trumppop:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

runupon cracker posted:

"...barely old enough to drive"

"old enough to drive"

"old enough to drive"

so we let 16 year olds propel thousands of pounds of metal around at potentially lethal speeds, after going through training and a licensing process, but they aren't responsible enough to vote?

:thunk:

I believe the joke is that it's NRA TV, and the NRA wants kids as young as 11 to be able to gun hunt in states like WI but voting is right out

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nedprice/status/987399110356500482
I bet he didn't even contribute to the highway of death the pussy!!!!!!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/dillpicklesonly/status/987669471253876736

lol every single loving time

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Lol he wants to gently caress Maggie H so bad (sad)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

Nah, being a upper middle class white man in a nice part of California is still better than being just about anything else that you could reroll your life into

Being American still carries a lot of weight and commands more respect than being from like, Denmark or something. I say this as a white American who has spent most of his adult life living/studying/working in Europe and Asia

cursed.txt

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Most people will flip if the government lets them out of trouble, even if they're not in trouble and there's nothing to flip on?

That's... really not how it works.

bloom fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 21, 2018

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

bloom posted:

Most people will flip if the government lets them out of trouble, even if they're not in trouble and there's nothing to flip on?

That's... really not it works.

yeah those tweets are practically an admission of guilt lol. then again :matters:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cohen is so going to flip

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol can you imagine being that guy and thinking that about yourself all day

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Narrator: Cohen had already flipped. LIKE A DOG.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

nice pre-emptive excuse for cohen exposing all your poo poo, mr. president.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Attitude Indicator posted:

nice pre-emptive excuse for cohen exposing all your poo poo, mr. president.

I doubt he is thinking that far ahead. Most likely he is just trying to counter the fact that Hannity threw Cohen and by extension him under the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Megabound posted:

Oh, your right, I wish I was upper middle class Californian instead of Australian with all my *squints* beautiful beaches, free health care, government assistance programs, zero percent University loans, unions, workers rights and *reads carefully* sensible gun regulation.

..........something something censored internet something something Turnbull govt grumble grumble fart.

South posted:

From ‘04 to ‘11 I was working overseas and backpacking during my vacations instead of going back to the States. It took a lot of effort to explain to people that not all Americans were blood thirsty idiots, and that some of them were actually pretty cool, when Bush jr was in the White House. While Obama was in office it was much easier.

I can’t even begin to imagine what it is like for travelers from the US since trump was elected.

I would be like, “we’re just like the Italians. Except with guns everywhere. Guns where all the cigarettes would be.”