Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
actually, i could be off spiro next month as there was a suggestion by my doctor to switch me to cyproterone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yes! glad to see this thread in the computer forum!!
relevant question: im trying to convert my female usb port into a male usb port. first thought about using a female to male adapter, but maybe not? any tips ??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

ive seriously thought about going in for an occasional mani b/c every woman i know constantly bitches about my wonderful strong clean nails that i can grow as long as i want without breaking, might as well go deep.

this thread is a cool read btw keep it up

if your nails are strong and you can grow them out, you can get a really nice tone playing a ukulele or classical guitar

e: i file my nails on my right hand like this with the inside part of the nail filed down a little more than the outside.

Helianthus Annuus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 19, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Good morning everyone!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Hi! How's the donk?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Hi! How's the donk?

?

Oh, DONK, not Doink.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Hi! How's the donk?

OK. Haven't lost much fat at all on it and the swelling is starting to recede a bit. I'm so curvy it's amazing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

glad I’m too lazy to paint my nails

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
been on intramuscular estrogen & spiro for a month now and I will say, I like it a lot better but it’s like having pms every 2 weeks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

been on intramuscular estrogen & spiro for a month now and I will say, I like it a lot better but it’s like having pms every 2 weeks

are you doing injections only every 2 weeks? everyone i know had it prescribed for every week and even then they'd be having mood swings on day 6, i didn't know you could do 2 week cycles... also how's the sensitivity to needles going for you? my wife started her transition on injections and was reasonably ok with them at first but as time went on she became more and more sensitive to them (reporting more pain each time) and more and more apprehensive to getting injected (to the point where the process of us just building up her courage enough to put the needle in took over an hour) and finally gave in and switched to pills. i read somewhere that MTF transitioning can increase your nerves' sensitivity to sharp points but idk how true that is.

is there any reason you went for injections rather than pills? i've heard that the pills had a reputation for liver damage, but my wife's doctor told us that that turned out to be false and that it's not particularly better or worse for you than injecting it, and my pharmacist friend agrees with that assessment :shrug:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

ate all the Oreos posted:

:words:

So!

I have my care through Kaiser Permanente, and they’ve been working over the last several years to have fully integrated transgender care. it’s a little slow but I’m very satisfied so far

this means I don’t have to do my own shots, a nurse does them for me at the clinic. main reason I went with a 2 week cycle is because the clinic is a bit out of my way so I don’t have to dread going every week. my endo said 3 and 4 week doses were possible too but not recommended

I was on patches before and they were ok I guess, but I didn’t feel I was getting a good enough dose consistently. also I was doing self injections several years back during my false start, and it was very difficult building up the nerve to do it? having a nurse do it means a) the shot can go in my butt and b) it doesn’t hurt for 2 days because I’m bad at it

I am avoiding pills because my liver panel has been showing higher bilirubin levels than normal, so we don’t want to overwork it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

So!

I have my care through Kaiser Permanente, and they’ve been working over the last several years to have fully integrated transgender care. it’s a little slow but I’m very satisfied so far

this means I don’t have to do my own shots, a nurse does them for me at the clinic. main reason I went with a 2 week cycle is because the clinic is a bit out of my way so I don’t have to dread going every week. my endo said 3 and 4 week doses were possible too but not recommended

I was on patches before and they were ok I guess, but I didn’t feel I was getting a good enough dose consistently. also I was doing self injections several years back during my false start, and it was very difficult building up the nerve to do it? having a nurse do it means a) the shot can go in my butt and b) it doesn’t hurt for 2 days because I’m bad at it

I am avoiding pills because my liver panel has been showing higher bilirubin levels than normal, so we don’t want to overwork it

ah neat, ok. with my wife i did the injections and friends i know have their partners do the injections, so we can do the butt injection site at home. i'm pretty sure i was good at it too - i had to be, to convince my wife to let me do it at all once she got really apprehensive about it. i'd actually draw the quadrants on her butt using a felt tip pen rather than just eyeballing it and determine the exact optimal position to put the needle to make sure i didn't accidentally mainline her a bunch of E, and i'd clean the area very thoroughly with multiple alcohol pads and I'd wear gloves that I'd also pre-cleaned with alcohol and... yeah it was a whole process.

anyway hope your liver is okay friend :ohdear:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ate all the Oreos posted:

i'd actually draw the quadrants on her butt using a felt tip pen

I'm so immature. I'm sorry.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Silver Alicorn posted:

So!

How have you liked KP? I've heard complaints from the NB community that they are too one size fits all and tend to push nb people to pick a "traditional" trans narrative to get care.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Kaiser is generally very good for individualized treatment if, as a patient, you're willing to do the leg work of self-advocacy. I'd be surprised if they won't let you do whatever you want with enough nudging. (At least that was my experience.)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

muckswirler posted:

Kaiser is generally very good for individualized treatment if, as a patient, you're willing to do the leg work of self-advocacy. I'd be surprised if they won't let you do whatever you want with enough nudging. (At least that was my experience.)

Which kaiser region? Each region is independently run. The complaints I've heard are about norcal and their clinic in Oakland.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Thanks for the advice on polish. Picked up base coat, top coat, and waited a while between coats. Now I just need to actually do better, but I like it :)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bunni-kat posted:

Thanks for the advice on polish. Picked up base coat, top coat, and waited a while between coats. Now I just need to actually do better, but I like it :)

Congrats. Name change?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

cis autodrag posted:

Congrats. Name change?,

Yeah, wasn’t feeling the old name anymore, either part of it. The Mikon was a portmanteauand I don’t really avenge. :shrug: plus lowtax needs bone money

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Which kaiser region? Each region is independently run. The complaints I've heard are about norcal and their clinic in Oakland.

Specifically the peninsula, the SF care network and walnut creek. It could very well be the people in that department, but if you can get one provider in any department on your side you should be gtg according to my friends who work there. I don't know anybody in endocrinology tho. Also really digging in and finding providers who will work with you is stressful and annoying, and I'm sure it's a little different for trans folks.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

muckswirler posted:

Specifically the peninsula, the SF care network and walnut creek. It could very well be the people in that department, but if you can get one provider in any department on your side you should be gtg according to my friends who work there. I don't know anybody in endocrinology tho. Also really digging in and finding providers who will work with you is stressful and annoying, and I'm sure it's a little different for trans folks.

Sounds like an hmo to me! Kp was one of my biggest customers back at epic and I know way too much about their internal workings and politics to be comfortable as a patient there.

There's a KP option at Apple but I don't live in the bay and all the trans employees agree that getting the ppo and finding a Doc who will just do what you want works better. That's what I did and I've gotten two free surgeries so far do Yay for that.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
unrelated, if you ever need to know how to navigate this stuff in canada (specifically bc), i am 100% open to talking about this in private or openly in here

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
D'awwww, look at this adorable pupper

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

quality dog. wasn't me this time.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

It literally puts me in a better mood every time i see you post

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

evil_bunnY posted:

It literally puts me in a better mood every time i see you post

:glomp:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Thinking of changing my name but I haven't settled on a good persona yet. I think cis autodrag really needs queens in her avatar and that's kinda over.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

cis autodrag posted:

Thinking of changing my name but I haven't settled on a good persona yet. I think cis autodrag really needs queens in her avatar and that's kinda over.

Can you use emojis in names yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fishmech posted:

Can you use emojis in names yet

i gotta imagine unicode would break some radium-ware somewhere

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Ciaphas posted:

i gotta imagine unicode would break some radium-ware somewhere

such as honorary radium-ware mysql with its "utf8" collation

(if someone does try, html entities might be your best bet)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

pup autowoof

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
i chose my name to replace the old in here just because i was watching serial experiments lain that week

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I like bunnies and Kats. Deep.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bunni-kat posted:

I like bunnies and Kats. Deep.

I also like boobs and butts, but that seemed less like something for my username.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i like shellfish, but not regular ones

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Uncommon, or perhaps unlikely ones?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Silver Alicorn posted:

assuming you're getting estradiol valerate injections @ 70mg or whatever every 2 weeks you're going to see pretty wild hormone fluctuations. generally with any hormone, even long ester ones, you want more frequent injections to keep levels stable. i can't tell you what to do and i'm not a doctor but the difference between injections every 3 days and every week is pretty severe, nevermind 7 vs 14.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Lain Iwakura posted:

i chose my name to replace the old in here just because i was watching serial experiments lain that week

anime... is good

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
cqs: a very close friend who's always kept his sexuality close to his chest said that watching me go through the process of coming out years ago inspired him to work through his own sexuality and chose me as the first person he wanted come out to as bisexual the other day :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

cqs: a very close friend who's always kept his sexuality close to his chest said that watching me go through the process of coming out years ago inspired him to work through his own sexuality and chose me as the first person he wanted come out to as bisexual the other day :unsmith:

Awwwwwwwwww