Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If the new gundam is as gorgeous as unicorn was I will watch it regardless of how stupid the story is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

They want to start selling inner frames that you then buy armor kits for.

Why are you trying to imply this is a bad thing? :confused:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

You joke but that's literally the point of the new SD Cross Silhouette line.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

You joke but that's literally the point of the new SD Cross Silhouette line.

And the G-frame candy toys, to a lesser extent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why are you trying to imply this is a bad thing? :confused:

I'm not? Having a 1/144 scale build your own morbl soot would be awesome and would cut down on shelf space as I swap out designs.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's definitely an unfinished Mobile Suit. I guess the mid-season upgrade will just be they finish building it.

It's gonna slowly get poo poo added to it, and someone is gonna say "oh, it built up over time like a story. That's why it's called Narrative."

Also, is that a Core Fighter?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well I watched up to three Build Divers episodes

I'm so glad that Kyouya exists for all five of us who are AGE fans

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want another G-Gundam show

Shining Finger

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arcsquad12 posted:

This is actually exactly how Gundam Breaker 4 is going to work, too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

It's gonna slowly get poo poo added to it, and someone is gonna say "oh, it built up over time like a story. That's why it's called Narrative."

Also, is that a Core Fighter?

It is. You can tell because it’s the only thing in the suit that’s complete enough to have a proper paintjob.

Also, considering the show it’s a sequel to, I wouldn’t bet against the Narrative Gundam being a literal storyteller.

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
Wasn't that basically the unicorn gundam? Except less story telling and more "hey remember when this happened?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DKD posted:

Wasn't that basically the unicorn gundam? Except less story telling and more "hey remember when this happened?"

That was exactly what I just said, yes.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want another G-Gundam show

Shining Finger

I mean, if they run out of good UC side stories to turn into ONAs, maybe they could toss out some shorter AU sequels. Especially for things that don't already have a million spin-offs like SEED does.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seed only has one animated spinoff though. And it was way better than Seed or Seed Destiny, so I honestly wouldn't mind more

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The real challenge is making a show look like it’s recognisably in the same setting as SEED without it being actively hurtful to your eyeballs. Stargazer got most of the way there, but it was kind of dark and cluttered.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Seed will always be trapped in the dark age of early digital coloring. It is garish and ugly and the remaster is the even worse by wrecking the character models

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Seed will always be trapped in the dark age of early digital coloring. It is garish and ugly and the remaster is the even worse by wrecking the character models

Or, more accurately, un-wrecking them. I kind of love that the crappy, busted off-model shots looked better than the proper designs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Or, more accurately, un-wrecking them. I kind of love that the crappy, busted off-model shots looked better than the proper designs.

Don't forget the greatest tripping accident ever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Nodosaur posted:

well I watched up to three Build Divers episodes

I'm so glad that Kyouya exists for all five of us who are AGE fans

He's a loving smurf is what he is!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I mean, if they run out of good UC side stories to turn into ONAs, maybe they could toss out some shorter AU sequels. Especially for things that don't already have a million spin-offs like SEED does.
I was going to say "Animate Frozen Teardrop!", but you said "shorter" AU sequels, and I highly doubt Frozen Teardrop could be condensed into a 3-episode OVA or ONA.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

I was going to say "Animate Frozen Teardrop!", but you said "shorter" AU sequels, and I highly doubt Frozen Teardrop could be condensed into a 3-episode OVA or ONA.

Why would you even want it to?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

Why would you even want it to?

Yeah, it needs at least 8 hour long movies.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why would you even want to adopt Frozen Teardrop?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Everything I heard about it is pure :catdrugs: and I'd love to see that animated.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'll be legitimately surprised if we never get a Frozen Teardrop adaptation considering we're sort of in 90's nostalgia mode, kind of, and that Wing was popular and is just old enough for a lot of people to be nostalgic for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe Frozen Teardrop will be their "western style drama Gundam" show.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Maybe Frozen Teardrop will be their "western style drama Gundam" show.
Presenting Nicolas Cage as Heero Yuy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zedd posted:

Presenting Nicolas Cage as Heero Yuy

Keanu Reeves. Nic Cage is too wild eyed. Reeves can do the low-key sociopathy as well.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Shia Lebouf.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Keanu Reeves. Nic Cage is too wild eyed. Reeves can do the low-key sociopathy as well.
True, but after his John Wick training he is way too good a shot to not-kill Relena.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I don't even know if there's much mecha action in FT, because it is hard as gently caress to find decent pictures of anything but the Heavyarms Nicholas Wolfwood Custom. Also, like, half the story is a flashback to before there were Gundams, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

I don't even know if there's much mecha action in FT, because it is hard as gently caress to find decent pictures of anything but the Heavyarms Nicholas Wolfwood Custom. Also, like, half the story is a flashback to before there were Gundams, right?

The Flashback also features Gundams, including like proto-Zero system stuff.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Flashbacks also have Relena's great- (great?)aunt going ham on folks in a proto-Leo, iirc.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

HitTheTargets posted:

I've heard in passing about various fights, but there's almost no lineart of the mechs because FT appears to be much more interested in Ken Pender's style OC lunacy than in actually having pictures of Gundams fighting. For instance I've heard things about the Warlock (Deathscythe Successor) doing stuff like generating infinity nanomachine bats to block out the sky, or making physical afterimages, but there's no pictures of it except wearing a cloak that completely covers it. Similarly the new Wing Zero, the Snow White, has a magic crossbow called "The Seven Dwarves" that can fire Phoenixes and Ice Swans (no really), but again only seen covered in a cloak. There's also a fight scene between IIRC Duo's son and Milliardo's daughter where they have a mobile suit fight but then pause halfway through for a time-out to have a picnic.

edit: Warlock is the Deathscythe successor, on second glance the Prometheus is actually the new Sandrock.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 22, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Frozen Teardrop is the Star Wars Holiday Special of Gundam.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
But I do want to see Nicholas D. Wolfwood Gundam animated though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Omnicrom posted:

I've heard in passing about various fights, but there's almost no lineart of the mechs because FT appears to be much more interested in Ken Pender's style OC lunacy than in actually having pictures of Gundams fighting. For instance I've heard things about the Prometheus (Deathscythe Successor) doing stuff like generating infinity nanomachine bats to block out the sky, or making physical afterimages, but there's no pictures of it except wearing a cloak that completely covers it. Similarly the new Wing Zero, the Snow White, has a magic crossbow called "The Seven Dwarves" that can fire Phoenixes and Ice Swans (no really), but again only seen covered in a cloak. There's also a fight scene between IIRC Duo's son and Milliardo's daughter where they have a mobile suit fight but then pause halfway through for a time-out to have a picnic.

Minor correction; The Prometheus is the Heavyarms successor.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

I've heard in passing about various fights, but there's almost no lineart of the mechs because FT appears to be much more interested in Ken Pender's style OC lunacy than in actually having pictures of Gundams fighting. For instance I've heard things about the Prometheus (Deathscythe Successor) doing stuff like generating infinity nanomachine bats to block out the sky, or making physical afterimages, but there's no pictures of it except wearing a cloak that completely covers it. Similarly the new Wing Zero, the Snow White, has a magic crossbow called "The Seven Dwarves" that can fire Phoenixes and Ice Swans (no really), but again only seen covered in a cloak. There's also a fight scene between IIRC Duo's son and Milliardo's daughter where they have a mobile suit fight but then pause halfway through for a time-out to have a picnic.

It is bizarre to me that anyone could not want to see all of that.

Also come on, nothing deserves to be compared to Ken Penders.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

You'd think they'd want to sell some model kits that aren't covered in tarp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Arcsquad12 posted:

On one hand having Hathaway's Flash animated is cool. On the other I was hoping that they'd move away from unicorn with later UC stuff. Hopefully Banagher just joins with some peace hippie group so we can get an interesting protagonists instead.

I like Unicorn and even I'm kind of tired after hearing this, because I now fully expect that the next decade will be filled with animation projects for older stories. Hathaway's Flash seems like the start of a slope that could include Crossbone, Sentinel, Blue Destiny, Ecole Du Ciel, Advance of Zeta, Char's Deleted Affair and so on. And there's very few of those I'd actually care about, and even the few I do think sound good (Ecole Du Ciel for instance) I'd be willing to forego just to move on and have new animation projects that advance the setting past Victory (presuming Gaia Gear, G-Savior, Mad Wang and others like it don't count) if they're going to do UC animations.

Hellioning posted:

Oh boy time to fight some more Zeon remnants. My favorite thing in the world.

I'm kind of hoping that this will be the show where they move away from Zeon as an antagonistic faction. I realize that chance is slim and there's already a hilariously evil looking character straight out of someone's Deviantart account and wearing a Zeek uniform, but the synopsis doesn't mention Zeon, the Phenex probably wouldn't be Zeon piloted and most importantly Hathaway's Flash is getting animated and Zeon aren't involved in it's conflict. I realize they might re-write it to involve Zeon, but I'm hopeful they won't and that this will involve some Zeon personnel eventually just going "oh what the gently caress is the point" when pushed agaist some other force and teaming up with the Federation before letting their ideology go. It'd also be nice to see that Zeon character turn out to be a really nice person and just designed to look evil to subvert expectations but I really doubt that one is happening.

Raxivace posted:

Maybe the story will emphasize how economically disenfranchised people become radicalized into Neo-Zeon with a bullshit narrative about the glory of Char fighting for oppressed Spacenoids or something.

Sounds like Char's Counterattack and Unicorn. Is it meant to?

Omnicrom posted:

I've heard that Katoki refused to provide actual mechanical designs so long as Frozen Teardrop remained a light novel and would only provide them if it was animated, though I don't recall ever seeing a source on that so take it with a grain of salt. I've also read Sumizawa doesn't intend Frozen Teardrop to ever be animated however, and that his plan for it as a series was to take every crazy idea he could think of, throw them all together and see what worked and what didn't and that he wanted that information so that if he was ever given an animated sequel to Wing he could use it to form a different story that includes some, but not all of those things and presumably some extrapolations based on stuff that didn't quite work but he still liked. Again, I don't recall ever seeing a source for it, so more salt. That said, some of those things sound hilariously fun and I'd love to see crazy rear end mobile suit battles involving units that can blot out the sky or people taking a gentleman's break for a picnic.