Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

who exactly are you trying to impress here dude, this weird slapfighting is more miserable to read than f/z

and i hate fate/zero too, but someone liking it more than the stuff thats been in NA FGO so far (or even more than camelot and babylonia) isnt the end of the world. frankly im glad they have a thing they seem to like a lot. if f/z is a thing they like then im sincerely glad for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

fate/zero is ok

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

fate/zero is good because of that gacha-themed oath-sign fandub

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
What about f/z, only Nero is there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are parts of it i think are okay but i dislike a lot of its latter material and think it detracts heavily from f/sn, mostly because i felt sad for shirou and taiga about kiritsugu croaking, and then i watched f/z and didn't, retroactively, because gently caress kiritsugu, and a lot of the things that are in it are just straight up weird, like basically maiya's entire existence on every level

but i can get why people'd like it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

coolusername posted:

What about f/z, only Nero is there.

*umus but in a sad way*

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Zero is definitely flawed in a myriad of ways, but let's not get carried away saying early FGO chapters are superior.

You can probably pick some random Fate story with high review scores from https://www.fanfiction.net and it'll be a better read than Septem.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, burning through apples because I want to see the end of the event's story and don't want to wait like five days for it. Because of that I got the materials I needed to get Jalter to 10/10/10 finally. Since I got her to level 100/Max Fous before the end of Da Vinci I can now consider her hypermax. Feels pretty good, honestly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how many more times can we go "UGGGH SEPTEM IS SO BAAAAAAD"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I certainly liked zero more than anything I've read in go and I'm current with jp. Might have helped that I never was super into fsn and read the original a very long time ago.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Aurora posted:

how many more times can we go "UGGGH SEPTEM IS SO BAAAAAAD"

*checks notepad*

As many times as we can fit until the heat death of the universe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heres my fate stuff rankings from worst to best:
fuyuki (fgo)
septem (fgo)
fate/prototype
orleans (fgo)
fate/prototype fragments
fate/zero
fate/apocrypha
london (fgo)
agartha (fgo)
fate/stay night (fate)
fate/extra
shimosa (fgo)
america (fgo)
fate/strange fake
fate/stay night (ubw)
salem (fgo)
lostbelt 1 (fgo)
solomon (fgo)
fate/stay night (heaven's feel)
babylonia (fgo)
camelot (fgo)
fate/hollow ataraxia
fate/extra ccc
shinjuku (fgo)
capsule servant

i probably missed some stuff but whatever

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I don't see Carnival Phantasm anywhere on that list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you might think im not being sincere about capsule servant, but actually, capsule servant owns

UchihaHirou posted:

I don't see Carnival Phantasm anywhere on that list.

carnival phantasm is a melty blood anime. why else would they have made the pc port of melty blood part of it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I do think Fate/Zero is up there with, if not a little better than, FSN. Now, the only part of FSN that I've seen is the UBW anime, but I doubt whatever things happen in the other endings would really change my mind. I like them both better than GO's storyline so far, but to be fair GO's storyline is just to sell a F2P gacha game so that comparison is a bit unfair.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I like FSN, F/Z, FGO, Extra, Extella, Apo, and F/HA tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I do think Fate/Zero is up there with, if not a little better than, FSN. Now, the only part of FSN that I've seen is the UBW anime, but I doubt whatever things happen in the other endings would really change my mind. I like them both better than GO's storyline so far, but to be fair GO's storyline is just to sell a F2P gacha game so that comparison is a bit unfair.

heaven's feel is a completely different story than UBW, it isn't really just 'a different ending'

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Endorph posted:

heaven's feel is a completely different story than UBW, it isn't really just 'a different ending'

That's fair, and I am really interested in seeing it once all those movies are out.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

That's fair, and I am really interested in seeing it once all those movies are out.

Just read the VN.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf i cant blame someone for not wanting to read the vn its like 40 hours long even if you just do heaven's feel

plus the movies have cursed arm doing cool flips

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I tried that, I even have that modified version of FSN where you just pick the route you want and it automatically picks the right choices for you. I think it was too close to watching the UBW anime though, because I didn't want to sit through all this stuff I've just seen again. It reminded me too much of those multiple playthroughs of Ever17.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

taiga isn't in the game yet, so no, you don't. :colbert:

Awww poo poo, I can't not get Taiga

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Download the realta nua version then immediately open the HF .exe :twisted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Awww poo poo, I can't not get Taiga

good news, she's a 3* that you get for beating babylonia

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I tried that, I even have that modified version of FSN where you just pick the route you want and it automatically picks the right choices for you. I think it was too close to watching the UBW anime though, because I didn't want to sit through all this stuff I've just seen again. It reminded me too much of those multiple playthroughs of Ever17.

The routes diverge heavily after the first, 3 days or so I think. And you can skip scenes you've seen before.

Also wtf at automatically picking the right choices, you're supposed to intentionally get all the game overs so Taiga and Ilya can laugh at you in hell the Taiga Dojo.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I miss Olga

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Olga servant when

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Erg posted:

I miss Olga

I feel like Leff's betrayal and her death should have both happened in a later singularity. I didn't really get much time to become attached to her.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's part of the reason anyone missing Olga is baffling to me. I don't even remember Olga exists until someone brings her up tbh.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
only riyo remembers olga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like her design and she feels like she could have been a fun character if she existed, and also her death is ridiculously cruel for someone whose only crime is being mildly huffy

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
olga is good by virtue of being a marie

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Her being short tempered is kinda excusable by (a) knowing that the human race is gonna die In a year but knowing why and (b) her facility having just been exploded.

Also other stuff not revealed in the NA version yet.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 23, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah, I got so confused that everyone was being so mean to her in Fuyuki considering that the MC just slept through her lecture.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I will now rewrite septum to be about Olga leading the revolution against the Umuu Empire only to be betrayed by Leff Vader.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Endorph posted:

gen urobuchi is a mediocre writer with a few strengths who people for some reason thought was the best writer ever in 2011 because a bunch of people who werent him took a thing hed written that already played to his strengths and vastly improved it via things like direction, art direction, voice acting, character design, and music, and then he got all the credit for being the best anime writer ever, until he wrote a bad season of kamen rider and people hated him again, and now he writes puppet shows

He wrote fanfiction to the movie Equilibrium so that make's him okay in my eyes. :v:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

halokiller posted:

He wrote fanfiction to the movie Equilibrium so that make's him okay in my eyes. :v:

You can't say that and not post a link, that sounds like a glorious trainwreck

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

heres my fate stuff rankings from worst to best:

:words:

i probably missed some stuff but whatever

You forgot Okeanos. (Which is honestly my favourite Singularity of those released in English so far, just because it's so tonally different from the rest. Hanging out with Drake and going on sea adventures that feel like something out of a wildly anachronistic Ray Harryhausen movie mashup is just so much fun.)

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

More Olga in some way would be great, she was pretty fun to kind of interact with, in Fuyuki. Though I kind of worry that she might have a heart attack upon learning that Romani is practically the Acting-Director right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The 1000 days reward in FGO is 10 saint quartz