Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The worst Daredevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Thanks for another extremely entertaining series! I've been watching the whole time and every new update was a treat. I still remember how hard I laughed at seeing the Coleman brand camping gear at the beginning, so it's satisfying to see the gag come full-circle with you guys. Also, as always, Kuvo's dedication to the show is out of this world. I just hope that if you decide to do another LP it will be with a game you might actually enjoy!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So when the Shenmue 2 LP was going on a couple years ago, I thought that someone said that the T40s footage was lost. Then I got up off my rear end (well, shifted my eyes to the right on youtube, lets not be too hasty) and saw that the channel was still up and that the first shenmue and other stuff was up. So RIP me I guess as I correct this mistake.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, they've got to commit to one or the other. Either Final Fantasy is somehow less equipped to deal with injuries than Resident Evil and gouging someone's eyes out is a real big deal or that's just an issue till they can get them to a doctor but in the meantime soak a cloth with some Elixir so he stops thrashing around.

Injuries that don't matter anyway since we cared nothing about the characters

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I seriously don't remember collecting any of the weapons besides the first one, and the one where Noctis was sad and Gladiolus was angry about it

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Who the gently caress OKed an FF story where both the leads are dead at the end. Like you can't even say the story is about growing up and accepting responsibilities because it skips over adulthood and goes right to death. If anything it's implicitly saying that accepting responsibility will literally kill you so it's better to just avoid it and gently caress around with your bros forever.

What a god-drat stupid game.

Thanks much for showing it off. Had lots of laughs.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Imagine if instead of all the time wasted on poo poo they would make a full experience. Instead of a timeskip slowly have Nocht grow more ragged and aged looking. Also actual personality in the characters beyond face value.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
This LP doesn't feel over to me, because I'm left with no sense of closure.

Thank you for your services to the noble task of playing stupid video games. I eagerly anticipate your future work.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How does the post-game even work? Does Dogtor Who do travel to and from the afterlife as well as in time and space?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Vavrek posted:

This LP doesn't feel over to me, because I'm left with no sense of closure.

It's not over until a DVD gets chucked off a cliff.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Say, were those corpses in the throne room characters we knew? Or did Ardyn just think some bodies would really boost the Feng Shui?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Say, were those corpses in the throne room characters we knew? Or did Ardyn just think some bodies would really boost the Feng Shui?

They're characters from the movie I think.

goatface posted:

How does the post-game even work? Does Dogtor Who do travel to and from the afterlife as well as in time and space?

Marks your pre-final boss save as cleared,unlocking a few sidequests. The canon of dog taking you back in time is strange. Your party members don't react to it even though they retain outfits and skills gained in the second half of the game. So you'd think its meant to just be taken as a game mechanic, but with Talcott's cactuar figurines there's one you can get for him in not-be nice and the only way you can get it back to him is with timedog. His reaction to turning it in is "how did you get this when you haven't gone on the boat yet!?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tenebrais posted:

It was Luna, King Regis, Emperor Ledolas, and Nyx Ulric (the main character of Kingsglaive).

Yes, I had to look it up. They didn't exactly get a good look at them, and there's no way I'd remember Ledolas or Nyx's names.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They lynched legolas?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I wish the whole game world just exploded and it ended on a picture of one plant in a grassy knoll growing with a drop of water falling down its leaf. One single tear from mother nature that this game was produced.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

goatface posted:

They lynched legolas?

No, you murdered Legolas back in chapter 13. Ardyn lynched a mock-up of Legolas because he felt it really tied the room together.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So why did they all burn up? Was that some grand symbolic thing you only understand if you read the sleeve notes to the soundtrack of the film?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

goatface posted:

So why did they all burn up? Was that some grand symbolic thing you only understand if you read the sleeve notes to the soundtrack of the film?

The manufacturer's warranty expired five minutes ago.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's just so much stuff here that's clearly meant to be all deep and symbolic, but the game never bothers to justify why any of this poo poo should matter to the player. Maybe it would have worked better if most of the plot wasn't in the supplementary material.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Emperor Ledolas

Wait, Gollum was an elf? I thought he was a hobbit?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

There's just so much stuff here that's clearly meant to be all deep and symbolic, but the game never bothers to justify why any of this poo poo should matter to the player. Maybe it would have worked better if most of the plot wasn't in the supplementary material.

The game might as well have all particle effects and explosion be crossshaped like NGE, like the game sveral episodes ago start using the term king of kings to refer to Notc.

Why yes, a manchild that takes off the tomato and lettuce off burgers because he doesn't like vegetables is a king of kings.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

The game might as well have all particle effects and explosion be crossshaped like NGE, like the game sveral episodes ago start using the term king of kings to refer to Notc.

Why yes, a manchild that takes off the tomato and lettuce off burgers because he doesn't like vegetables is a king of kings.

Complete with the Last Supper around the campfire. "Eat of this trout, for it is my body."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FeyerbrandX posted:

Wait, Gollum was an elf? I thought he was a hobbit?

It's actually Emperor Iedolas.

I not L

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's actually Emperor Iedolas.

I not L

Oh, I assumed it was a capitalization screwup. My mistake.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

Oh, I assumed it was a capitalization screwup. My mistake.

Not a big deal, like no one remembered the dudes name. He was just the Emperor or that guy that turned into a Demon and acted crazy.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

This would have been way better if it was just X-2 but with a boy band and a car in not-Arizona. Thats it. It really is that simple. That's all they needed to do.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Skeleton King posted:

This would have been way better if it was just X-2 but with a boy band and a car in not-Arizona. Thats it. It really is that simple. That's all they needed to do.

Magical girl transformation sequences still required, of course.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

PhazonLink posted:

Everyone keeps making Christian allusions and I keep wondering what specific relevance a particular Persian title has for Noctis. The hazards of studying ancient history.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Vavrek posted:

Everyone keeps making Christian allusions and I keep wondering what specific relevance a particular Persian title has for Noctis. The hazards of studying ancient history.

Aside from being used in Christian tradition, they very well couldn't call Noctis the King of the Jews.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Tenebrais posted:

Magical girl transformation sequences still required, of course.

Of course.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Who else is rewatching the whole LP?

Edit: I forgot how bad their lovely pinball mini game is. They really should have just done loving pinball.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Complete with the Last Supper around the campfire. "Eat of this trout, for it is my body."

Notc would only eat try fish in the form of fish sticks.

Also he's never used a microwave so good luck trying to cook those at a campfire.

fake edit: I dunno given his manchildness I kinda doubt he would know how to prep fish he catches, but maybe he does? Like the only time he's shown enthusiasm is for fishing and AssCreed. gently caress I he probably doesn't know how to boil water for cupnoodleTM

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 24, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Notc would only eat try fish in the form of fish sticks.

Also he's never used a microwave so good luck trying to cook those at a campfire.

fake edit: I dunno given his manchildness I kinda doubt he would know how to prep fish he catches, but maybe he does? Like the only time he's shown enthusiasm is for fishing and AssCreed. gently caress I he probably doesn't know how to boil water for cupnoodleTM

The meal two videos ago was sauteed trout skewers. I do my research for offhand comments.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

The Skeleton King posted:

Who else is rewatching the whole LP?

TBH I was mainly "watching" the LP in the background listening to the funny commentary while playing mobile games and freecell. Most of the game is just painful to watch because of gently caress-all nothing happening.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
Thanks for watching, love yall. Can't believe this took almost a year and a half.

There will be a few more eps at least. As promised we are going to play through the currently available DLC. Once we finish that we're probably done, I can't see myself coming back to this turd every time a DLC releases.

Anyway, we'll try to get another recording session in soonish.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

topiKal posted:

As promised we are going to play through the currently available DLC.

Why do you do this to yourselves. :smith:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Because they can afford the liquor.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm here for it because I still don't know what the gently caress happened and apparently the DLC fills in some of the plot gaps? I guess?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
so something i've been wondering. when they start talking about how nights are lasting longer and has been for some time, is that in anyway reflected by the actual day/night cycle? cause it would be kind of neat if they had slowly had the length of the night cycle increase as you hit story checkpoints before the reveal of what was going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

so something i've been wondering. when they start talking about how nights are lasting longer and has been for some time, is that in anyway reflected by the actual day/night cycle? cause it would be kind of neat if they had slowly had the length of the night cycle increase as you hit story checkpoints before the reveal of what was going on

Yes.

• Locked thread