Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

sunken fleet posted:

That sounds cool actually, thanks for writing this up. I was really not enjoying struggling every fight to put out subpar DPS back when I was playing, I guess I'll re-up my sub and check out this stuff myself. In the first place, braindead sounds about right for my level of technical video game skill.
:yeah:

If you're old and godawful at video games like me I suggest giving red mage a try too. Everyone complains about it being too simple (and it definitely is when it comes to AOE) but it's one of only two or three classes where I can actually get close to the skill cap. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, it puts even more emphasis on your IR now, to the point that if you miss out on even one Fell Cleave in your 10 second window for whatever reason, it slashes off 7% of your total DPS or something. These 10 seconds of IR every 90 seconds are now worth 30-40% of your damage, and god help you if you gently caress them up for any reason.

I mean, it's definitely easier in in-the-moment execution - hit IR, hit FC 5 times - but you still need to plan around actually and definitely being able to hit those 5 cleaves.

Warrior was too centered around Berserk pre-4.2, but they somehow made it even worse.

edit: also Berserk in sub-70 content (which is like 70% of the content in the game) feels completely garbage now

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kitfox88 posted:

It's me, I'm the gently caress on Excal who sees boar leather being listed for 3k+ per HQ and make some to list for 1.5k :getin:

Among other things, the WHM 350 cane has halved in price over 4 days because this guy just refuses to stop.

As long as I make my material cost back I don't care, so I'm seeing how low he'll go. And if he'll send me an angry /t at any point. God I hope he does.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's me, i'm the guy that undercuts by several thousand gil at once, because i rarely care about profit or whatever, i just want all this poo poo to stop cluttering my inventory and retainer sale slots are precious.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

And here I am trying to look for market board items that sell reasonably quickly and are priced lower than the historical average and try to make a profit of buying them low and selling higher. I got encouraged after selling a bunch of boots for 250k profit but now Im stuck with a bunch of glamour items and the market has moved down like 100k average price for them lol

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ah, the game ended because someone bought most of my stuff.

I'm going to look for other i350 stuff that guy's retainers are selling and make it and list it for 1 gil under again. All 9 of his retainers have the same name scheme so it'll be easy enough. A bunch of people all list at the same price, so apparently if you don't go 1 gil under he won't spite-undercut you.

I'm not sure if this is using my craft for good or evil. Probably good if people who need the gear get it cheaper in the end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

They just added the stupidest loving mount in the world to the mogstation and I love it forever.

This was a China-only thing from a year ago right? The outfit was Bad but I'm probably going to drop money on that ridiculous mount.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

They just added the stupidest loving mount in the world to the mogstation and I love it forever.

Mog Station posted:

USD 24.00

loving Yoshi. :argh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oh. Well damnit if I'm not going to drop $24 on a fat moogle I probably won't on this.

Probably.

Fuckin' yoship.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Someone at Square Enix really needs to sit down and study, for example, Steam games and their pricing behaviour, to try and grasp just how much money they would be making if they cut their cosmetic prices by 50-75%.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Meiteron posted:

Someone at Square Enix really needs to sit down and study, for example, Steam games and their pricing behaviour, to try and grasp just how much money they would be making if they cut their cosmetic prices by 50-75%.
I've always had the same issue with WoW's cash shop mounts and pets, but they must be selling if they keep pricing them at that.

Although I did drop some money on the Red Magitek armor because it matched my glam. I'm part of the problem.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Someone at squeenix needs to sit down and notice this is a sub game.

I know this train has long sailed, but I swear I'm going to die on it one of these days holy loving christ.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Truga posted:

I know this train has long sailed, but I swear I'm going to die on it one of these days holy loving christ.

I could buy another video game for that price. A good videogame, not shovelware.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

We can't add more bag space or a proper glamour wardrobe, and our merch ingame rewards can't be account-wide anymore because of server stress. Buy some more retainers for 2$/month though, and subscribe to our app!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The Nezha girl's outfit is really cute, but I'm not quite sure it's $18 cute. Wonder how long my willpower will hold out until I crumble...

Also, I got BLM to 70 and it's the coolest goddamn thing. I hit like a 16k Foul or something last night on a giant trash pull and my heart exploded.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The only actual reason to price a digital fashion item that high is to create exclusivity and thus assign a value to it being exclusive. This clearly works, mind you, even if it may not bring you as much in pure profit as you might get by selling it for less.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Too many times I'm running around and see a nice glamour piece...paid shop. :(

At this point I've been thinking about just resubbing for a month after content patches since I don't do savage/progression stuff.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Boogalo posted:

At this point I've been thinking about just resubbing for a month after content patches since I don't do savage/progression stuff.
:same:

And I never see caster chest drops in any of the new content, so I just run around in old glams, I gave up on new sets.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 24, 2018

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Uh

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8ef7zb/lominsa_at_its_finest/

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I'm glad I turned off name plates.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:yikes:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:yikes:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I did Praetorium last night where one of the tanks was dressed up in a slutty carbuncle costume.

Squeenix knows their audience.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I'm the guy on the far side of the bench trying to not make eye contact with the weirdos

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dwesa posted:

:same:

And I never see caster chest drops in any of the new content, so I just run around in old glams, I gave up on new sets.

:yeah: I find myself going back to similar glamours all the time because I'm not running 24 man raids or some dungeon a million times to maybe, possibly, probably not getting a certain piece anymore. It's not even fun with stuff from dungeons you can unsync.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

The only actual reason to price a digital fashion item that high is to create exclusivity and thus assign a value to it being exclusive. This clearly works, mind you, even if it may not bring you as much in pure profit as you might get by selling it for less.

I don't even care that much about the cost as the fact that we now have a shop that
a) is trying to rival that of guild wars 2
b) doesn't allow me to purchase poo poo on it with my mountains of gil like the one in gw2
c) is in a goddamn :10bux: monthly sub game, unlike gw2

Couple that with the facts that the dungeon spam of ARR has turned into a 3 dungeons per 6 months trickle, the big 8 man raid thing is literally "remasters of old bosses from an old game I've never played, wrapped in an extremely lovely shounen tournament" with mostly bland fantasy game BGM remixes (though the fights are great to play through, bgm and backdrops was a huge part of why i liked the old two raids), and the big relic grind I could do slowly but surely in the background in previous expansions is both incredibly boring and completely disconnected from the rest of the game this time.

I lasted through the entire HW with barely touching savage content, and even skipping some extreme primals, but now savage is all that's still keeping me subbed and I kinda feel sad about that.

Yoship, please have a talk with the person who wrote the omega plot and tell them to stop trolling, and also let soken and his team do whatever it is they did during ARR/HW to make this game so loving good again, thanks. Also, fire the diadem/eureka person already holy poo poo.

fake edit: sorry that turned into a bit of a rant

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Truga posted:

I don't even care that much about the cost as the fact that we now have a shop that
a) is trying to rival that of guild wars 2
b) doesn't allow me to purchase poo poo on it with my mountains of gil like the one in gw2
c) is in a goddamn :10bux: monthly sub game, unlike gw2

Couple that with the facts that the dungeon spam of ARR has turned into a 3 dungeons per 6 months trickle, the big 8 man raid thing is literally "remasters of old bosses from an old game I've never played, wrapped in an extremely lovely shounen tournament" with mostly bland fantasy game BGM remixes (though the fights are great to play through, bgm and backdrops was a huge part of why i liked the old two raids), and the big relic grind I could do slowly but surely in the background in previous expansions is both incredibly boring and completely disconnected from the rest of the game this time.

I lasted through the entire HW with barely touching savage content, and even skipping some extreme primals, but now savage is all that's still keeping me subbed and I kinda feel sad about that.

Yoship, please have a talk with the person who wrote the omega plot and tell them to stop trolling, and also let soken and his team do whatever it is they did during ARR/HW to make this game so loving good again, thanks. Also, fire the diadem/eureka person already holy poo poo.

fake edit: sorry that turned into a bit of a rant

I am a proponent of letting everyone have their opinion about video games and express it, even if I disagree. But if you lump Cyan's Theme into that 'bland fantasy game BGM remixes' you are very incorrect.

FakeEdit: Also isn't that new incredibly cool mount account wide?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Truga posted:

At the risk of stating the obvious, you might simply have gotten bored of the current formula. I played WoW for years, and when Legion was released, I played an immense amount of it and then eventually stopped. It wasn't the progression systems or pace of content releases that ended up stopping me; it's just that I'd played the game for so long and that I wanted to spend more of my time on fresh, new experiences. I think that's somewhat inevitable over the lifecycle of an MMO, and it's why FFXIV's team is experimenting with alternative forms of content like Eureka in order to increase player retention. This inevitably means some fumbling around while they figure out what'll actually keep people playing, but I think it's a better plan than staying the course, which is what WoW largely did up through Warlords of Draenor. I may not have stayed around for all of Legion, but I definitely wouldn't have picked up and played the game again without it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Nah, I'm a really boring person and I was just hoping to slowly grind towards a lovely glowing relic skin like I did in the previous two expansions, but then the relic was both late and completely disconnected from the content I like, and the content I probably play most also got shrunk.

Also the thing that's been getting onto me since I've started basically is the constant gear treadmill I think. If there's burnout anywhere it's probably due to that. I know the reasoning behind why it exists but as someone who also grinds gw2 and warframe, I don't understand it :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It could be both! The formula could be stale and the new content could be bad!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rainuwastaken posted:

The Nezha girl's outfit is really cute, but I'm not quite sure it's $18 cute. Wonder how long my willpower will hold out until I crumble...

Shirt is good, head, arms, and pants are meh, and boots are bad. If they offered the top by itself for cheap, it'd be worth it.

There's some clipping with a lot of things, but nothing new there.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
New glams aren't for me, thought I could see myself maybe using parts of the chocobo barding. Not at that price, however.

To this day, I'm still disappointed we don't have a chocobo barding that has like a bedroll and a backpack, and pots and pans and stuff hanging off of it. The way goblins look and dress in this game is so iconic and still no goblin barding. Let me fulfill my aimless wanderer character headcannon yoship.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lol, badass

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That person is cool.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

If you don't like the things don't buy the things.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Vermain posted:

At the risk of stating the obvious, you might simply have gotten bored of the current formula. I played WoW for years, and when Legion was released, I played an immense amount of it and then eventually stopped. It wasn't the progression systems or pace of content releases that ended up stopping me; it's just that I'd played the game for so long and that I wanted to spend more of my time on fresh, new experiences. I think that's somewhat inevitable over the lifecycle of an MMO, and it's why FFXIV's team is experimenting with alternative forms of content like Eureka in order to increase player retention. This inevitably means some fumbling around while they figure out what'll actually keep people playing, but I think it's a better plan than staying the course, which is what WoW largely did up through Warlords of Draenor. I may not have stayed around for all of Legion, but I definitely wouldn't have picked up and played the game again without it.

I've been giggling for like a minute at the idea that Eureka would increase player retention.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'm subscribed still but definitely taking a break. I log in often enough to keep housing and refresh retainer sales. To each their own with the cash shop - for my bit I'm okay with them being around if it helps keep the game going. They're purely cosmetic and I have more than enough great glams available thru gameplay.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I think I need elaboration as to why public ERP is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sighence posted:

I think I need elaboration as to why public ERP is cool.

Forcing others into your fetplay without consent can help you get off.