Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Invalid Invite Code? I double checked for Stardust Library.

I'm so sorry, it's b9fef0

Will edit post to reflect the correct information so i don't look like a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Major Mayhem 2 should be available officially now.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
How do you meditate in the Arcane Tower in tap tap wizard?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Getimmaaw posted:

How do you meditate in the Arcane Tower in tap tap wizard?

You press the meditate button in the tower screen.

To unlock the tower screen you have to beat the doom realm. I did it without too much trouble when I got to realm 47.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Alright I have been playing Tap Wizard for a while. Here is what I'm thinking are the best tips.

1) You lose everything but basically spell ranks and runes when you meditate. That makes these most important things to focus on.

2) Becuase spells ranks are so important any spells that increase spell xp should be your top focus. Ice and lightning golem have spell xp in the first rank.

3) Nick is probably the best assistant because he is the only way to permanently increase your runes. He even gets runes while your offline.

4) Racheal is really good as well. Rank 1 cast a random spell in your slots every 10 second. Rank 2 is every 5 second. Considering Golems last 30 seconds she can get you a lot of power. She really helpful in Dungeons where you lose spell slots. She can still cast those spells, so you can just put a golem spell in there and have nearly no downside.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

Major Mayhem 2 should be available officially now.
It has an energy system that stops you playing the game and doesn't even tell you how long it takes to refill, a free currency that is earned pretty slowly, a premium currency, loot boxes with unlock timers, etc. I used up a full set of ten energy and made it through five levels and got about halfway to unlocking one gun. There was an option to watch a video for one energy but urgh, that poo poo can just get lost. The gameplay is still fun but the game has been otherwise entirely ruined and I just can't really see myself bothering with it. It will takes weeks to unlock anything good. This freemium model can gently caress right off.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 22, 2018

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Tunga posted:

It has an energy system that stops you playing the game and doesn't even tell you how long it takes to refill, a free currency that is earned pretty slowly, a premium currency, loot boxes with unlock timers, etc. I used up a full set of ten energy and made it through five levels and got about halfway to unlocking one gun. There was an option to watch a video for one energy but urgh, that poo poo can just get lost. The gameplay is still fun but the game has been otherwise entirely ruined and I just can't really see myself bothering with it. It will takes weeks to unlock anything good. This freemium model can gently caress right off.

Was going to come say the same, it's gone full lovely freemium cashgrab. Such a shame.

I'd happily buy a normal version of the game but the 2 currencies, lootboxes, timers and energy system is too much.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm so sorry, it's b9fef0

Will edit post to reflect the correct information so i don't look like a moron.

This is the first F2P game that I've actually cared about the story. Instead of just skipping it.

I've gotten two free characters and some of the events allow you to play through storylines of characters, that you don't own.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 23, 2018

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
For some reason the fact that you can't do the cascading chain thing that a lot of the bejeweled gatcha games have really turned me off that game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What are some good turned based, menu driven JRPG games? Stuff like Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6, or the Dragon Quest games (but not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest themselves). No Clicker Crap, no Gacha Garbage, no Idle poo poo That's Not Really Idle poo poo But Actually Clicker Crap.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Siralim 2 maybe. More Pokemon esque, but quite fun.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Siralim 2 is pretty much a spiritual successor to Dragon Quest Monsters 2 and is absolutely worth getting if you want game in that style. I heartily recommend it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yea I am pumped for Siralim 3 this year.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hand Row posted:

Yea I am pumped for Siralim 3 this year.

If Siralim 3 improves the series as much as Siralim 2 then it could legitimately be one of the better RPGs of the decade.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Tap Wizard apparantly is out of beta or something.

Because I got an announcement and a free spellstone. Wish it was one so you can choose the spell but oh well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's the name of that Darkest Dungeon ripoff game, and more importantly, is it actually good? I realize that it's free (or at least f2p or ad-supported), but still.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery should be out for everyone now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mrkillboy posted:

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery should be out for everyone now.

You can even play for a whole 15 minutes before it wants you to spend money to keep playing!

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

IAmTheRad posted:

Tap Wizard apparantly is out of beta or something.

Because I got an announcement and a free spellstone. Wish it was one so you can choose the spell but oh well.

Could someone do a little review for tap wizard? Is there any depth to it? What’s the combat like? Is it rogue like? What the hell is it, basically.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Does Siralim 2 get any less repetitive as you get further? It was fun for a day or two but got quite dull after doing the same things over and over again.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
There's not much to the core of the game besides exploring realms for stuff, then breeding and upgrading your team. The draw, then, is composing the perfect team by creating combos with each monster's unique ability plus one per artifact.

I guess the disclaimer should be that it's ultra light on plot/story and super dense on mechanics.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Funso Banjo posted:

Could someone do a little review for tap wizard? Is there any depth to it? What’s the combat like? Is it rogue like? What the hell is it, basically.

The short version is that it's a semi-idle game. No real combat, but you have to have the game open to make the most progress and fiddle it with every five or ten minutes or so. Depth is there in spell variety and bits to fiddle with assuming you aren't immediately turned off by the preceding info. I started to write a longer version but I realized I only want to do that if you really want to see it.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The short version is that it's a semi-idle game. No real combat, but you have to have the game open to make the most progress and fiddle it with every five or ten minutes or so. Depth is there in spell variety and bits to fiddle with assuming you aren't immediately turned off by the preceding info. I started to write a longer version but I realized I only want to do that if you really want to see it.

Thanks for that. Yeh, don’t waste any more time, I didnt realise it was an idle game.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Honestly, it's not an idle game in the sense of "watch numbers go up and buy things with scaling costs". It's more like... Mage Manager. You select what spells your wizard uses and they cast them automatically. You scoop up consumables and fire them off and decide when to restart your run with the extra stats you gained from the current one. The further you get the more options you have for management. Put this spell in the first slot to level it up faster for stat boosts, switch you your second loadout for the next boss because he's a regenerating troll and you have this spell that blocks healing, but it's fire so that loadout also stacks burns and this one lightning spell that crits on burning targets etc etc.

Give it a shot even if you don't like idle games because it's really more of a management game that gives you a little progress when you're not playing it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It's not AdCap style of idling but the level of actual interaction is still pretty low, like I could see someone putting together a macro on an Android emulator to swipe runes and tap the recall button really easily compared to trying to make a program that could play through something like Shattered Pixel Dungeon. That isn't everything you can or should be doing in the game, of course, but it'd be enough to make it so you could check the game maybe twice a day and still have 95% of the gains you'd have if you were some kind of obsessed freak micro'ing as much as possible the whole day. The questions Funso was asking led me to think even a manager-style game wasn't what they thought Tap Wizard would be.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the name of that Darkest Dungeon ripoff game, and more importantly, is it actually good? I realize that it's free (or at least f2p or ad-supported), but still.

It's Dungeon Survival - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frozenfrog.DungeonSurvival.gp

I'm downloading it now and will let you know in a bit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Malek posted:

It's Dungeon Survival - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frozenfrog.DungeonSurvival.gp

I'm downloading it now and will let you know in a bit.

Thanks!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sick at work and will also give you my opinion once it's done downloading.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

I have the sound off so I can't hear if it has the same announcer (plus I'm at work)

It's a wonder this game hasn't had the poo poo sued out of it already.
I just did the tutorial mission. Plays a LOT like DD including the heals that are absolutely garbage.
Also there's no darkness / torch mechanic

Beat another dungeon, hosed up by putting my healer in the 2nd front... couldn't tell really but probably missed it.

I'll have more but I'm training a class in a bit here.

Also haven't run into an ads and the stores just seem to have QoL stuff like double time et cetera.

So far, kinda impressed but that's only 20 minutes in.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got bored pretty fast though I would download it now since it's gonna get sued p. Much guaranteed.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Here's a pretty decent top down shooter from the Real Boxing people called Space Pioneer. It's currently in soft launch in a few places, with a proper release next month.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Been playing the Harry Potter game, is there any connection to other players or is it primarily a single player experience?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

I got bored pretty fast though I would download it now since it's gonna get sued p. Much guaranteed.

It's been out long enough to have a sequel, I don't think that's incredibly likely. Also as I recall the art style doesn't really look like DD and the gameplay cycle is closer to A Dark Room than DD so even if the DD devs tried to sue they'd not have the greatest chances. Not to mention as far as I know Blaze of Battle hasn't been sued by Supercell yet for using Clash of Clan unit graphics in their ad videos, nor that Fakemon game I mentioned earlier in the thread...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Android version of Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is finally out on the Play Store.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's been out long enough to have a sequel, I don't think that's incredibly likely. Also as I recall the art style doesn't really look like DD and the gameplay cycle is closer to A Dark Room than DD so even if the DD devs tried to sue they'd not have the greatest chances. Not to mention as far as I know Blaze of Battle hasn't been sued by Supercell yet for using Clash of Clan unit graphics in their ad videos, nor that Fakemon game I mentioned earlier in the thread...

for someone who hasn't played either game, the art style of the knockoff looks similar enough that i wouldn't be able to tell you if a cropped screenshot was from one or the other. i don't know if this is important like legally but i sure see similarities even though i haven't played the original

also, is the Bennett Foddy game made by the Sexy Hiking people?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

for someone who hasn't played either game, the art style of the knockoff looks similar enough that i wouldn't be able to tell you if a cropped screenshot was from one or the other. i don't know if this is important like legally but i sure see similarities even though i haven't played the original

also, is the Bennett Foddy game made by the Sexy Hiking people?

No but he specifically points to sexy hiking as being the inspiration of the game

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Bennett Foddy also made QWOP so that should also give you an idea of what you're getting in to.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I've been enjoying Built for Speed these last few days and I can recommend it for whoever likes racing games a la Micro Machines. Free, no ads, although there are microtransactions if you want to advance quickly of course.

That said, what other good racing games like this one should I try?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Malek posted:

I have the sound off so I can't hear if it has the same announcer (plus I'm at work)

It's a wonder this game hasn't had the poo poo sued out of it already.
I just did the tutorial mission. Plays a LOT like DD including the heals that are absolutely garbage.
Also there's no darkness / torch mechanic

Beat another dungeon, hosed up by putting my healer in the 2nd front... couldn't tell really but probably missed it.

I'll have more but I'm training a class in a bit here.

Also haven't run into an ads and the stores just seem to have QoL stuff like double time et cetera.

So far, kinda impressed but that's only 20 minutes in.

Hit Area 3 and uninstalled the drat game. I grinded a lot of area 2 but this one has a boss that stuns 3 of 4 of your party members in one turn and keeps summoning reinforcements.

gently caress. No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Negrostrike posted:

I've been enjoying Built for Speed these last few days and I can recommend it for whoever likes racing games a la Micro Machines. Free, no ads, although there are microtransactions if you want to advance quickly of course.

That said, what other good racing games like this one should I try?

Skidstorm is pretty neat. There's also Reckless Racing 3 and the others in the series.

I also played the Micro Machines game for a long time but its mired in a lot of F2P stuff.