Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Traditionally a developer will give themselves an achievement like this, play a few rounds online, and then let exponential growth take it from there.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mystic Mongol posted:

Traditionally a developer will give themselves an achievement like this, play a few rounds online, and then let exponential growth take it from there.

That's actually really neat on paper.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Two of us already have it (asking the right person to ask helps, it turns out). It is sure to spread.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

God I hate achievements like this. They're the dumbest goddamn thing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tempest_56 posted:

God I hate achievements like this. They're the dumbest goddamn thing.

just SAM it seriously

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Literally 2 goons have this achievement already, which means that by the end of the week, anyone who wants it, should have it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Coolguye posted:

just SAM it seriously

This but any cheevo that involves getting mask/gun/things at the end.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Mas and I have it, we can help. I agree that the achievement is a mistake, though.

It should've been called "Crimenet Contagion".

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's fine you loving babies. Also I have it if you nerds need it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah infection achievements are fine

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions about it being a hint to No Mercy coming next

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
OG Xbox rainbow six had an achievement like that. It was called infected. I think it makes more sense in an 8v8 matchmaking mp versus game than a 4 player, typically closed party game however. If anything it is an elitist achievement for Payday.

It's an achievement though so who cares.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
I've decided to SAM stuff I already did before they were achievements, because why should I do them again? I've killed a fair number of snipers using melee, for example.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
day four: holy poo poo another stream? they better have some serious poo poo ready for the next three days

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Welcome to literally every Payday 2 event ever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

spit on my clit posted:

day four: holy poo poo another stream? they better have some serious poo poo ready for the next three days

Again, they went to content every other day because users were complaining about having to update every day.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I mean back in the day a 100mb update took 9 minutes to download and 90 minutes, 90% CPU usage and 1GB of space to actually install so it's a valid complaint given overkill's track record.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Again, they went to content every other day because users were complaining about having to update every day.

But I thought they fixed the problems that caused Payday 2 to take forever to update

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I also have the Virus and can help bug-chasers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kikas posted:

I mean back in the day a 100mb update took 9 minutes to download and 90 minutes, 90% CPU usage and 1GB of space to actually install so it's a valid complaint given overkill's track record.

spit on my clit posted:

But I thought they fixed the problems that caused Payday 2 to take forever to update

The complaints actually got louder after they changed the filesystem and updates got faster. We have the game we deserve.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

The complaints actually got louder after they changed the filesystem and updates got faster. We have the game we deserve.
Giving your game to 5,000,000 farmers randoms for free will do that to any complaint. And yet, it's mostly just that one and the non-game-update days one.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
After stealthin round Breakin' Feds me and my buddy decided to play some of the new Heists we didn't get around to playing since they added them, namely Reservoir Dogs and Brooklyn Bank and holy poo poo Mayhem is now exactly what I wanted when it released, as in more hectic Overkill. It's a non stop shootout and it's ridiculous and I love it. The sheer number of cops dying left and right, tazers, cloakers, not too many shields, all kind of Dozers, it's amazing. I sure didn't have as much fun with the game before the rebalance as I did these two heists, drat. Can't wait to play some other heists.

I was like "oh, okay this is an ambush so this makes sense" when the first two skulldozers appeared on the Day Second In Order Of Gameplay on Reservoir Dogs, but after the fifth one I was pretty sure the game bugged out and somehow we were transported back to when original Death Wish dropped cause it was a colossal shootout. Goddamn this got me pumped for some more heisting. Is the game tolrable in the open-area like maps, like Big Oil 2 or any Transport or are they now unplayable due to the sheer number of cops pouring at you?

Kikas fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 27, 2018

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kikas posted:

Is the game tolrable in the open-area like maps, like Big Oil 2 or any Transport or are they now unplayable due to the sheer number of cops pouring at you?
They're pretty much fine on Mayhem and mostly OK on Death Wish. You have a lot of ways to reduce damage, ignore damage, stun cops or just have them ignore you. Death Sentence on the other hand... only ever for the achievements.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

maswastaken posted:

They're pretty much fine on Mayhem and mostly OK on Death Wish. You have a lot of ways to reduce damage, ignore damage, stun cops or just have them ignore you. Death Sentence on the other hand... only ever for the achievements.

Yeah I know about damage reduction, I used Grider and my pal used Tag Team so we were virtually unkillable, at least until the SWAT Turrets rolled by. Gotta get them perk points tho, wanna see how the Stoic works in action cause that seems like a cool concept.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

There's a lot of love for only building Stoic up to the second card and running the weird version of it that keeps its armour instead of getting the DoT negation timer and the healing on DoT negation but the complete deck is pretty much ridiculous.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

also use first aid kits with it

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Let me tell you about Goat Simulator Death Sentence/One Down and how on day 1 whenever I stepped outside of a building during an assault the framerate would drop from ~90 to <20. Or how on day 2 so many cops spawned at the bridge that it made me crash.

Thank gently caress I was only doing it for Heca and I didn't need it; I ran into enough loving issues with it when I was doing the achievement for myself back in October '16.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 27, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

intelligent overkill

30,000 akimbos

https://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/1666772311080787624

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I can't remember which weapons were already in the game, except I know the akimbo Judges weren't there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The new minigun is also pretty much a straight upgrade.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Akimbo Judges :psyboom:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this is my time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am become hickok45, destroyer of akimbo micro uzis

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Word of warning, mods and stats on many of the new akimbos are apparently completely screwed up. Pistol mods on smgs, mods that have entirely negative effects...it's all over the place.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
The secret is that Overkill isn’t very good at QA.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

TheObserver posted:

The secret is that Overkill isn’t very good at QA.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1371614664

Agreed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

here is in game footage of me with using the akimbo micro uzis. Two outlets for the two uzis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19IhGt5HLhI

https://i.imgur.com/aw1Muk6.mp4

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Aww man I am digging these akimbos. Mixing and matching weapons, mods, and skills to find that feelgood combo.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Akimbo micro-uzis have completely ridiculous DPS but also run dry so very, very fast. Mark 10s too. Awesome, but impractical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Same with the Stryks. You have to basically treat em as crappier akimbo Guards and then switch to auto to light up dozers.
edit: Looks like the akimbo SMGs have gimped pickup in comparison to their single versions. Same oversight happened back in 2016; still unpatched for the old akimbos so expect this to never get fixed either. Good thing it's easy enough to do on your own.

...But somehow they remembered to buff the pickup on the akimbo Goliath to match the pickup of the single version. Just Overkill things.

Quick Lua file I made to fix akimbo SMG pickup rates to their proper numbers.

Also I would expect a pretty fast fix for the Akimbo Judges, considering how fast they patched the Castigos last year.

:911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQGD9skaIVk

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 28, 2018