Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Currently it is true. I’d swap a full hp level 2 for a 1 hp level 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I also don't understand the issue of a helmet saving your life from a fatal gunshot wound.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

game not real until i have to piss in the woods

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

HATECUBE posted:

game not real until i have to piss in the woods

I say the same thing about golf video games.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chard posted:

I'm pretty sure I have never held a Mk14. It just never seems to be in crates when I get them :(

Bide your time, friend. The MK14 took the longest for me to get my hands on, too. But with the right mods it can be quite the death cannon.
You too, through perseverance, will one day be able to do cool things like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEzb3H2FLsI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dg--U3_I0

Even tho the AWM and the M24 are super snipers and objectively Good™, the MK14 is very Fun™.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Do you scrubs not have the longest rendering range?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I probably don't, PUBG is how I know I can't let GPU prices dissuade me from updating my PC forever.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

I probably don't, PUBG is how I know I can't let GPU prices dissuade me from updating my PC forever.

i do and i have never seen floatmans or gotten a vehicle to glitch into orbit

also gently caress shitcoins and what nerds have done to GPU prices. motherfuckers made me buy a prebuilt pc for the first time because the rest of it was free after the fully inflated 1070ti price

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VulgarandStupid posted:

What is that?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

nah cause people still render stupid far away even if trees don't so you get free intel

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe

Cinara posted:

My only complaint with the event mode is flares seemed too rare.

one of the rounds I played I saw 5-6 flares go off in the space of 5 minutes, seeing 3 planes spawn right behind each other was weird as poo poo.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i kept finding flare guns where someone had already taken the flare it was sad

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
I found three flares in 3 minutes, set them all off at once. It was awesome.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I've been playing all day and I haven't found a single flare :(.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

willroc7 posted:

I've been playing all day and I haven't found a single flare :(.

I think flares were only during the event that was on the weekend?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, they were specifically an event thing.

Is there a page somewhere that has specifically what changes to the game have actually gone live? There's so much up in the air for testing and such quick turnaround on a lot of things that I've completely lost track.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Can BlueHole please stop these weekly 5GB+ patches, it's getting ridiculous just for the sake of a weekend event. Surely there's a way for them to lower the patch sizes? I'm unfortunate enough to have a monthly cap and needing to download these big patches regularly just so I can play during the weekend is becoming a pain in the rear end.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Frank Dillinger posted:

I found three flares in 3 minutes, set them all off at once. It was awesome.

Teammate did that and 3 squads of 8 descended on the location and it was a bloodbath. I wish I could say moths to a flame but nobody was prepared for that and everyone was slaughtered before the first crate hit the ground.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Kills don't actually impact your MMR, do they? It's all about your ranking at the end of the game?

I think my duo friend and I have ranked up too far because we play conservatively. We're not snakes and we don't shy away from fights, but we're happy to camp a safe building and let people kill each other when it makes sense to do so.

At some point if felt like we were getting destroyed by pro CS players almost every fight. We started jumping in hotspots every game and going for kills like we were new to the game again and things are getting better (because we're ranking down and having fun doing it), but it's weird that it's come to that. This is the one game where MMR should take more factors into consideration besides just how close you were to winning.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Elman posted:

Kills don't actually impact your MMR, do they? It's all about your ranking at the end of the game?

I think my duo friend and I have ranked up too far because we play conservatively. We're not snakes and we don't shy away from fights, but we're happy to camp a safe building and let people kill each other when it makes sense to do so.

At some point if felt like we were getting destroyed by pro CS players almost every fight. We started jumping in hotspots every game and going for kills like we were new to the game again and things are getting better (because we're ranking down and having fun doing it), but it's weird that it's come to that. This is the one game where MMR should take more factors into consideration besides just how close you were to winning.

As far as I can tell it's about 90% ranking and 10% killing for MMR. If you are consistently getting top 10's you are going to be ranked extremely high.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

flatluigi posted:

Yeah, they were specifically an event thing.

Is there a page somewhere that has specifically what changes to the game have actually gone live? There's so much up in the air for testing and such quick turnaround on a lot of things that I've completely lost track.

Even PUBG's patchnotes frequently omit major changes. It's tough to know what's actually changed since a lot of the stuff isn't really testable. Did they change *insert favorite gun* with this patch? Who knows!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We usually quit when people start leaving the lobby but decided to stick around and a game started with 19 people. That was not a good idea.

Come on game.

Elman posted:

Thom P. Tiers posted:

As far as I can tell it's about 90% ranking and 10% killing for MMR. If you are consistently getting top 10's you are going to be ranked extremely high.

Your final rating is 1/6 Kill Rating, 5/6s Win Rating. Or Win Rating + Kill Rating * 0.2, or 16.666...% for killing.

However killing impacts your hidden, internal MMR which also drives the points you gain from win rating.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

flatluigi posted:

Nope. Because I am 100% certain they (the devs) make changes and include stuff in patches that are not in patch notes.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news.pu?type_cd=2

All patch notes here.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651009712392248570

There’s uh a lot here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
- When players move and shoot at the same time, bullet shells should now fall to the ground and remain there, instead of chasing the player like hella scary demon bullets
- Weapon ammo is now counted as “loaded” when the magazine or bullet is inserted into the weapon, rather than when the animation finishes

these are both very good for entirely different reasons

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That looks like an A+ patch

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Woah, lots and lots of changes

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Patch notes are lit.

"Text on a UMP skin from the Equinox crate labelled the gun as 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Thanks to the power of memes, this has now been fixed. "

What a world.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm digging this. It's looking like they're making the SMGs laser guns when up close which is how they should be, imo. The 30% increase to reload time on all the ARs except the AK plus no more 8x scopes is pretty big too.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

quote:

"Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade."

Haha why the gently caress were grenades designed like that initially? No wonder they've been so goddamn lovely and bad.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hockles posted:

That looks like an A+ patch

I feel like adding 3 more different grips, 3 more different scopes, and nerfing the everliving gently caress out of AR's is a bit unnecessary. This isn't Arma anymore. As well as making level 3 helmets and sniper EQ mags crate only.

Seriously all the 556 AR's got a damage reduction, recoil increase in both axes, and drastically increased recoil recovery time as well as a 30% increase on magazine reload time.

The other changes seem cool and good. I feel like the stuff I listed needs a bit of a rethink but maybe that's just me.

Also, make sure to tell Choco his wish has been (sort of) granted and fall damage no longer affects you from a grenade. Although they did increase grenade damage so...

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 26, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Also, make sure to tell Choco his wish has been (sort of) granted and fall damage no longer affects you from a grenade. Although they did increase grenade damage so...

They also increased the carry-weight of them as well, so theoretically people are not able to carry as many nades as before.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Seriously all the 556 AR's got a damage reduction, recoil increase in both axes, and drastically increased recoil recovery time as well as a 30% increase on magazine reload time.

The damage reduction is negligible and we don't actually know how dramatic the recoil changes are. I know this is bluehole so they probably hosed it all up royally but let's wait for the patch to drop to see how it is.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Rex-Goliath posted:

The damage reduction is negligible and we don't actually know how dramatic the recoil changes are. I know this is bluehole so they probably hosed it all up royally but let's wait for the patch to drop to see how it is.

If they say they did it (especially if the word they use is "significant") they overdid it. I guess I'm just predisposed to expecting the worst from Brunden and the Blueholes.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
Can someone copy/paste the patch notes here? work blocks steam :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fano posted:

Can someone copy/paste the patch notes here? work blocks steam :(

MEGA POST

quote:

Weapon & Item Balance
We explained our goals with weapon balance in last week’s dev blog. You can find the specific changes below:

Weapons

ARs - rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
SMGs - adjusted them to be more effective in short range combat
Shotguns - increased overall damage and effective range

Pistols
Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
Shotguns
Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
Reduced pellet spread by 25%
Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
SMGs
Increased limb shots modifier
Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
Increased ADS transition speed
ARs
Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs
Added new recoil animations for all ARs
DMRs
Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
Decreased the damage of the SKS
Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
Other guns
Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds

Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving

Throwables

Frag grenades
Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
Weight changes (all throwables)
Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12

Character Movement

We’ve slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received

Other Item Balance

Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds

Gameplay
Along with all the balance changes, we’re introducing a new weapon, a new vehicle for Miramar, and a ton of new weapon attachments.

New Weapon

Added the SLR

The SLR will be spawned alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.)
The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.

New Vehicle

The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets

Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.

New Attachments

Duckbill - A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
Attachable to S1897, S12K
Light Grip - It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Thumb Grip - It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Half Grip - It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
Scope 3x - This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
Scope 6x - This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.

You can now change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope using the scope zeroing keys (Page Up/Page Down by default).

Boat and Swimming Adjustments

Boats now sink when destroyed
We’ve made some adjustments to the way swimming works to reduce the effectiveness of hiding underwater.
We’ve decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
Once you’ve run out of air, you’ll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
We’ve increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it’ll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)

Map Selection and Main Menu UI

Map selection is now available.

Pick just one map (Erangel or Miramar) on its own to guarantee you’ll play there
If you select multiple maps, the game will randomly drop you into one of the selected maps
As we discussed in the map selection announcement dev blog, we may revisit the design of this feature as additional maps are added. We’ll keep you updated if changes are made.

We’ve also Improved the UI for team mode and perspective selection. As before, only the host can select these options.

Settings

We’ve added an option to adjust vertical mouse sensitivity
We’ve added an option to change the hotkey for reporting a player during killer spectating (R key)

World
We’ve made more improvements to Miramar:

We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces.
The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified

Bug fixes

We reduced some overly-dramatic collision effects (read: space shuttle takeoffs) that occurred when the motorbike crashed into other vehicles
We fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from hopping off of the motorbike after it had fallen down
When players move and shoot at the same time, bullet shells should now fall to the ground and remain there, instead of chasing the player like hella scary demon bullets
The timer for the final bluezone should now display correctly
We fixed an issue that was muting the bluezone’s sound effects for player who left and rejoined a game
We resolved an issue that sometimes allowed you to adjust your camera to see through the ceilings of the school on Erangel
Certain problematic terrain elements (which caused weird collisions or movement) on Erangel and Miramar have been fixed
We’ve fixed some abnormal orange lighting effects in buildings on Erangel
We’ve resolved some strange collision problems that were affecting character models and bullet cartridges
Walking on wooden structures will no longer create bizarre or out-of-place footstep noises
Prone characters should no longer improperly clip into the ground.
We’ve resolved an issue that sometimes limited movement after using emotes and the quantity popup window at the same time.
Text on a UMP skin from the Equinox crate labelled the gun as 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Thanks to the power of memes, this has now been fixed.
Weapon ammo is now counted as “loaded” when the magazine or bullet is inserted into the weapon, rather than when the animation finishes

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

"Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights."

That's going to be very powerful.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I thought sedans had four doors?

These patches are killing me. I play maybe once a week and I have a data cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

quote:

Light Grip - It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
Thumb Grip - It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time

These don't sound very attractive to me, particularly the thumb grip. Horizontal recoil sucks because it's random so you can't control it. Vertical recoil is easy to manage by pulling down. (Well, I say "easy"...)

Would anyone here use these new grips?

odiv posted:

I thought sedans had four doors?

These patches are killing me. I play maybe once a week and I have a data cap.

Then don't play on the test servers.