Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Dalael posted:

Can you pm a condensed version of Solai's new series of books posts while i'm waiting the purge thing

all you're missing so far is an in depth discussion of some twitter celeb who is apparently a nazi or something

also this

https://imgur.com/kCFuyWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Free Paco.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rapulum_Dei posted:

I can't help feeling that a message like that to everyone who wasn't compliant BEFORE they were kicked would have saved a lot of hassle.

I can't help feeling that if you had even a modicrum of engagement on the forums, jabber, firesides or any of the avenues of communication including this thread that ESI purges would be coming ~soon~ you would have fixed your poo poo.

For two months we said it would be coming. For two months you picked lint out of your navel.

So not a lot of sympathy here.

andromache fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 27, 2018

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the ping was

so idk if that means either, or both

It means both.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This but "ironically".

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

drat. Their bromanship rival Macron and Trump's

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ChickenWing posted:

lol if you're not foreverially logged into jabber and loving it

for real I will never understand the nerd hate for notifications

"Come be spoonfed 'content'"

:yikes:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

except every single person in the alliance was not compliant -- why send 40,000 emails when you can ping instead, then deal with the small number of retards who are so unintegrated with the alliance that they aren't on jabber

i read those pings and then ignored them because I assumed it meant the old auth stuff i had already done and that it was tied in with that black hand post about making sure you have no red alts

it's me - i'm the retard

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

tbf everyone who is like "this is dumb why would i ever have to do this" is 100% correct but it's ccp who insisted that all the old apis have to go because eve just ever so desperately needed a third kind of api to match the current hotness because apparently using last year's apis is just as shameful as last year's fashion, and because it would be a lot of work for ccp to maintain different sets of apis they're making everyone ever who made any third party app in a game that demands a veritable EVE Office Suite of tools for any task whatsoever redo everything instead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

no you see by breaking everyone's poo poo they're making the game fair for new players again :byodood:

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Don't worry, I'm sure there's a slew of devs just itching to reinvent the wheel of support programs for not-even-15-year old, more popular than ever MMO EVE Online.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no you see by breaking everyone's poo poo they're making the game fair for new players again :byodood:

what? who said this

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
maybe they should fix the game lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what? who said this

me, when i made it up

furthermore,

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

except every single person in the alliance was not compliant -- why send 40,000 emails when you can ping instead, then deal with the small number of retards who are so unintegrated with the alliance that they aren't on jabber

Well they did email every individual after they were kicked, so it was an easy option.
And given a majority of people now have to reapply it suggests pings aren’t that effective.

You’d think someone would’ve thought, hey, 3000 still not compliant, is there any other way we can communicate this to save ourselves a lot of work? Eve mail, Forum PM, even changing this threads title would all have probably reduced that number.

I’ll wait a week, reapply and wait some more while the auth team process thousands of applications. If that’s things working as intended, fair enough.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's me - i'm the retard

When your message doesn’t get through to 75% of recipients is it really them that are the problem?

Rapulum_Dei fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 27, 2018

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

most of that 3k isn't playing anymore, goonwaffe hasn't done an activity purge in literally years

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rapulum_Dei posted:

When your message doesn’t get through to 75% of recipients is it really them that are the problem?

Every day at work, I look people in the eye and say very clearly "You pay for this rental item when you return. You have not paid for anything yet."

Every day at work, I look people in the eye while they say with a slack jaw and vacant expression "But I already paid for this."

So no, we were just not paying attention.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

I dunno -- I'm torn. On the one hand I'll really miss being part of goons but on the other I'm not really invested anymore -- at least not in EVE. I'm doing other stuff and it's all good. Maybe I'll be back maybe not. If not then it's been fun.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Apparently my case is extra special for some reason. Streetpreacher was trying a bunch of stuff yesterday :toot:

We'll see how long it is until it gets fixed. I've lost jabber again.

Also I just turned off any sound related to jabber notifications. If the icon on the task bar is solid yellow it was probably DirectorBot. If it's blinking someone is probably direct messaging me :shrug:

Edit: I have access again. :iiam:

Edit2: It is fixed! :parrot:

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 27, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Well they did email every individual after they were kicked, so it was an easy option.
And given a majority of people now have to reapply it suggests pings aren’t that effective.

You’d think someone would’ve thought, hey, 3000 still not compliant, is there any other way we can communicate this to save ourselves a lot of work? Eve mail, Forum PM, even changing this threads title would all have probably reduced that number.

I’ll wait a week, reapply and wait some more while the auth team process thousands of applications. If that’s things working as intended, fair enough.

"goonwaffe" != "goonswarm federation"

GSF itself has only lost about 10% of its members overall, with the largest number of them being from waffe, a corporation that had, until recently, been left to rot on the vine like some sort of goony fruit

so clearly the message has been received fairly well amongst the Actually Active portion of the alliance

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I blocked directorbot because its annoying. Plus I just hang out in sigma squad chat only.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
ITT nerds who haven't figured out muting jabber.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Stealthgerbil posted:

I blocked directorbot because its annoying. Plus I just hang out in sigma squad chat only.

Whole Squid discord is full of ferrets and giant snails. We could use more goats.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rapulum_Dei posted:

Just how much loving hand holding do you personally require from unpaid volunteers doing a thankless job?

If you can't be bothered to check forums, jabber or even show up for a fireside then you ought to be quiet and be thankful they're letting us idiots rejoin. Own your poo poo you useless sack of gently caress.

Edit: b4 Maneck points it out. I was purged too. My fault, no one else's.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 28, 2018

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

stale meme dot png posted:

I dunno -- I'm torn. On the one hand I'll really miss being part of goons but on the other I'm not really invested anymore -- at least not in EVE. I'm doing other stuff and it's all good. Maybe I'll be back maybe not. If not then it's been fun.

Damnit you guys, you broke paco.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

meatmccartney posted:

Whole Squid discord is full of ferrets and giant snails. We could use more goats.

Sigma Squad was a big influence on early Hole Violence via Nex and Steve.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rapulum_Dei posted:

hey

hey

calm down

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also i dont think i got an email but its probably because i didn't get vacationed due to previously mentioned special group

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
the most beautiful and special snowflake :3:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Dalael posted:

Just how much loving hand holding do you personally require from unpaid volunteers doing a thankless job?

You're asking that about eve goons, who basically created a space empire lead by unpaid volunteers*, to herd a bunch of drunk/stoned non-instruction-reading cats into pre-approved ship fits so that they could all press F1 to explode a target? :allears:

And there's when the ships were provided and fully constructed or in kits (I remember doing shifts of that for Burn Jita).

* Some who may or may not have had a fever dream of eventually being paid for marketing herding a huge group of cats into games.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Okay a GM got back to me, they are going to move me and a ship someplace. I have my Vexor loaded to the gills, so I was going to maybe go to Jita, sell off what I had, then wait for my GS account stuff to be taken care of before heading back to Delve. That sounds like a good a plan as any I guess?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Target Practice posted:

Okay a GM got back to me, they are going to move me and a ship someplace. I have my Vexor loaded to the gills, so I was going to maybe go to Jita, sell off what I had, then wait for my GS account stuff to be taken care of before heading back to Delve. That sounds like a good a plan as any I guess?

Just make sure to not undock from jita wearing bee colors unless you want to lose anything you have in that ship.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

orange juche posted:

Just make sure to not undock from jita wearing bee colors unless you want to lose anything you have in that ship.

Okay that's good to know. Is there a better place closer to goon space that I can have them put me? I don't quite understand how/when to get accepted into the corp if it's just going to gently caress me trying to get there.

Edit: Am I right that I shouldn't have him put me in goon space without a goon tag?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Target Practice posted:

Okay that's good to know. Is there a better place closer to goon space that I can have them put me? I don't quite understand how/when to get accepted into the corp if it's just going to gently caress me trying to get there.

Edit: Am I right that I shouldn't have him put me in goon space without a goon tag?

Feel free to go to hits if you want. Though you applied to Goonfleet, when you're accepted you have to dock up and hit accept to change over to the gsf tag. Till then you're not a valid target.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Marxalot posted:

Feel free to go to hits if you want. Though you applied to Goonfleet, when you're accepted you have to dock up and hit accept to change over to the gsf tag. Till then you're not a valid target.

Ah okay I see. I'm guessing you mean Jita. I did some poking around and Agil is a really close 1.0 trading hub, so I think I'll do that instead.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Autocorrect butchered that post like 8 different ways and I didn't find them all.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Target Practice posted:

Ah okay I see. I'm guessing you mean Jita. I did some poking around and Agil is a really close 1.0 trading hub, so I think I'll do that instead.

highsec =/= safe. All it means is the people who kill you unlawfully will get concord-ed, and being shot by a corp that is at war with GSF means nothing happens at all to them. that little sec status indicator is a false prophet and whispers lies of security to you.

Do all your poo poo you need to do in highsec before hitting "accept" on that invite, then move to the border of goonspace with all your poo poo before accepting the invite. Highsec is inherently unsafe, you have poor intel of what's going on, neutral alts/scouts are everywhere and you can't tell who's out to gently caress your day up until the box goes red, so stay out of it imo.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 28, 2018

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you can just block directorbot, which is what i did

turns out im also immune to forum vacation by being in a seperate mods group of which i and merkelchan (idgi) are the only members

Mod abuse confirmed.

:smuggo:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

orange juche posted:

highsec =/= safe. All it means is the people who kill you unlawfully will get concord-ed, and being shot by a corp that is at war with GSF means nothing happens at all to them. that little sec status indicator is a false prophet and whispers lies of security to you.

Do all your poo poo you need to do in highsec before hitting "accept" on that invite, then move to the border of goonspace with all your poo poo before accepting the invite. Highsec is inherently unsafe, you have poor intel of what's going on, neutral alts/scouts are everywhere and you can't tell who's out to gently caress your day up until the box goes red, so stay out of it imo.

Okay yeah i kinda remember that. I just wanted to get as close to goon space as I could where I could insure my poo poo, and get ready for the flight in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Weaslior is right but, its me, I'm the true casualty of the goonwaffe purge.

• Locked thread